• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:26
CEST 22:26
KST 05:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8798 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 251

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 249 250 251 252 253 900 Next
IstandAlone
Profile Joined January 2011
11 Posts
July 07 2011 18:53 GMT
#5001
Ok just wanted to know if there was a way to bypass the login screen altogether. But it seems there's none
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 07 2011 19:04 GMT
#5002
On July 08 2011 01:25 Scipaeus121212 wrote:
One general question:

Is it illegal in competitions/frowned upon by community to use programs that alter functions of your keyboard? For example I would like to use alt+tab as a hotkey, but its not possible in-game of scII, I would have to use a program that would make my tab act like for example "Q".
That doesn't break 1 key-1 action rule, but I still want to check if it is OK to use.

Depends on the tourny in question. For example, in gsl, as long is it takes under 15 minutes to set up then there is no problem.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 07 2011 19:08 GMT
#5003
On July 08 2011 01:24 Rosaria wrote:
In ZvZ when you defend against a 6pool. You can put workers on hold so that the opponent only attacks your zerglings due to workers on hold being lower attack priority.

How do you most efficently then attack the drones? ( or as many drones as possible )
(use stop-command, a-move, move, patrol?)


Hold position is one trick, if you don't want to just que up attack commands. My advice is don't 6 pool . In all seriousness though, there isn't much reason to 6 pool in ZvZ. Pretty much everyone knows how to defend it off a 14 pool, and a 10 pool can kill hatch first just as well.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 07 2011 19:14 GMT
#5004
Thanks for the answer! As far as online cups go, I guess there is no problem there?
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Vod.kaholic
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1052 Posts
July 07 2011 19:39 GMT
#5005
On July 08 2011 03:00 tehemperorer wrote:
Hey, If I have gateway/HT vs MMM, is it generally better to feedback the medivacs then storm or storm then feedback with whats leftover?


I think it depends on the number of HT you have vs. the number of medivacs he has. I'd define low numbers as 1-4 and high as 6+

If both numbers are low, you should storm first and keep focusing on storms, because you'll do damage to more units than he has medivacs to heal.
If you have a lot of HT vs. few medivacs it doesn't really matter which order you do it in, but it makes more sense to me that you take the guaranteed kills first by feedbacking the medivacs.
If you have few HT vs a lot of medivacs it's very tricky because you don't want to blow 100% of your energy on the medivacs and have no storms. You'll have to gauge how much energy your HT have and blow just enough energy on feedbacks that you'll have 2 or 3 storms left for after. You might end up feedbacking only a few medivacs in this scenario
If numbers of both are high, you can probably afford to wipe out all his medivacs and then storm, but the order probably doesn't matter here.

In general though, I feel like if you can spare the energy to feedback, you should do that first, and here's my reasoning. You don't want to storm until you know for sure where his army is going to be, and if you storm while there's a cloud of medivacs still around, the storm will end up doing very little damage for the cost of the HT. You can also delay storms until you've thrown down forcefields to trap sections of his army, so you can afford to wait for positioning on storms, but there's no such requirement for feedback, so you can do it first rather than later. In any case, make sure you don't blow so much energy on feedback that you can't storm afterwards, always be aware of your HT energy.
._. \: |: /: .-. :\ :| :/ ._. They see me rolling...
LucienL
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands8 Posts
July 07 2011 22:09 GMT
#5006
I'm not going to look through literally dozens of threads trying out shitty build after shitty build, so:

I need a reliable, safe, all-purpose build/opening for each matchup. I haven't played SC2 in a while, I'm a low diamond zerg, and every match ends with me saying "I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME" destiny-style as bullshit du-jour rolls me.

not asking for you to post entire build orders just name a reliable opening or build for each ZvX matchup and I'll look it up.
TwistedHelix
Profile Joined July 2010
United States50 Posts
July 07 2011 22:28 GMT
#5007
On July 07 2011 11:58 Soluhwin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 11:04 CookieMaker wrote:
@Mong00se:

You're right, it's hard to "tap" when you hotkey your hatches in the "backspace inject" method as so many zergs do. However, as you reach 3-4base stages (and later), you usually aren't injecting single queens as part of your macro, rather you are remembering to inject and doing all of htem at once (whether it's the backspace method or not). In this sense all of your inject timings will line up and, instead of tapping, all you really have to do is get a feel the in-game length of an injection cycle.

Where a terran has to tap between production buildings because their stuff isnt nicely lined up, we have to be able to instinctively think "I need to inject NOW!". So while I didn't really offer a solution for your problem, what I am trying to say is, it isn't a problem. The problem is getting the feel for injection cycles (and, omg, remembering to spread creep!).

With the new (-ish) notification that tells you when an inject has popped off, remembering to inject isn't nearly as difficult without a 'tap'. The tap is still helpful for upgrade progress as zerg and larva count on hatcheries but other than that it isn't really necessary.



I reassigned my backspace key to Q, and inject to E.
My version of tapping is to spam Q a bunch to look at all my bases. While doing so I can check if my larvae have popped yet, and scan my base for reminders of things i need to do like upgrade or take gas and what not. I dont bother tapping evo chambers and spawning pools to check their progress because I can see the status bars above the structures as Im looking at all my bases anyways.
Kinetick
Profile Joined October 2010
United States55 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 00:08:09
July 08 2011 00:06 GMT
#5008
How can I tell when I need a macro hatch? Is there a common time to get one?
"What is they were lions from hell?" - Tasteless
MacroKing
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada298 Posts
July 08 2011 01:00 GMT
#5009
On July 08 2011 09:06 Kinetick wrote:
How can I tell when I need a macro hatch? Is there a common time to get one?


When you have extra minerals.
Member of the NEX Clan!
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
July 08 2011 01:26 GMT
#5010
This question is not a strategy question. However, I don't feel like it warrants its own thread so I will post it in here. Hopefully my fellow TLers will be able to help.

My friend just messaged me saying his SC2 won't work because of a virus.

I suggested he reinstall it, but he says he tried and says that it keeps crashing.

So what are his options?

a) get rid of virus
b) unable to get rid of virus, buy a new sc2
c) call support
d) other

Any help appreciated TY
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
BioTech
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 03:16:15
July 08 2011 03:08 GMT
#5011
On July 08 2011 00:30 HankScorpio7 wrote:
A few quick terran questions:

1. How many unit producing buildings can be supported by 1 base?

2. What is the correct ratio of units for MMM? How many medivacs should be built?

3. What is the correct order for upgrades? For instance, do I want combat shields before stim? Weapons before armor?

Thanks!


3. Personally I go combat shields before stim because it takes effect sooner and I often engage the enemy early to take advantage of it. Those extra 10 hps mean:

- spine crawler takes 3 strikes to kill a marine instead of 2
- zealot takes 4 instead of 3
- stalker takes 6 instead of 5
- tank takes 4 instead of 3
- roach takes 4 instead of 3
- DT takes 2 slices instead of 1

Also, Id always go weapons upgrade first unless you know youre only facing lings n queens then Id get armor first.



I actually played the original WarCraft - Orcs v Humans back in 1995!
Chutoro
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand95 Posts
July 08 2011 03:43 GMT
#5012
On July 08 2011 07:09 LucienL wrote:
I'm not going to look through literally dozens of threads trying out shitty build after shitty build, so:

I need a reliable, safe, all-purpose build/opening for each matchup. I haven't played SC2 in a while, I'm a low diamond zerg, and every match ends with me saying "I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME" destiny-style as bullshit du-jour rolls me.

not asking for you to post entire build orders just name a reliable opening or build for each ZvX matchup and I'll look it up.


ZvZ: Speedling expand, see Chaosvuistje's thread under Recommended Threads
ZvT: 15 hatch (search for "The Art of ZvT")
ZvP: Speedling expand again (search for "The Art of ZvP")
kalany
Profile Joined June 2011
United States149 Posts
July 08 2011 04:16 GMT
#5013
I get owned by 2 base chargelot archon builds. I've tried a lot of different unit comps. My macro is better but it seems that creating roach/hydra doesn't work...This is mid game so I can't really rush to broodlords for a stable build. Anyone have any suggestions?
"There is no spoon."
Teachings
Profile Joined January 2011
12 Posts
July 08 2011 04:35 GMT
#5014
What do people think of master 1v1 players who have <50% win rate? (More losses than wins) Do you think they're falling off? That they suck? That they're still good?

/vanity
Snaphoo
Profile Joined July 2010
United States614 Posts
July 08 2011 04:40 GMT
#5015
On July 08 2011 07:09 LucienL wrote:
I'm not going to look through literally dozens of threads trying out shitty build after shitty build, so:

I need a reliable, safe, all-purpose build/opening for each matchup. I haven't played SC2 in a while, I'm a low diamond zerg, and every match ends with me saying "I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME" destiny-style as bullshit du-jour rolls me.

not asking for you to post entire build orders just name a reliable opening or build for each ZvX matchup and I'll look it up.


If you haven't played in awhile then you would be struggling as any of the three races in low Diamond. Go check out Mr. Bitter's "The Next 12 Weeks," in particular his focus on Sheth, and I think you'll see a good style for each match up.
Snaphoo
Profile Joined July 2010
United States614 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 04:41:46
July 08 2011 04:41 GMT
#5016
On July 08 2011 13:35 Teachings wrote:
What do people think of master 1v1 players who have <50% win rate? (More losses than wins) Do you think they're falling off? That they suck? That they're still good?

/vanity


Realize that the quality of competition that they are playing against (and the possibility that they went on a murderous cold streak at some point, perhaps by coming back to the game after a hiatus) and that W/L doesn't necessarily say much. If you're 10-14 in Masters, that's not to say that you won't go 40-1 against mid-Diamond players. It's all about MMR, which of course Blizzard won't show.
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
July 08 2011 04:55 GMT
#5017
On July 08 2011 13:16 kalany wrote:
I get owned by 2 base chargelot archon builds. I've tried a lot of different unit comps. My macro is better but it seems that creating roach/hydra doesn't work...This is mid game so I can't really rush to broodlords for a stable build. Anyone have any suggestions?


I experimented with chargelot/archon for awhile, and standard roach/hydra play completely owned me. Pure roach is probably even better. If you're losing to it the only explanation is that your macro needs to be better.
kalany
Profile Joined June 2011
United States149 Posts
July 08 2011 05:02 GMT
#5018
On July 08 2011 13:55 Anihc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 13:16 kalany wrote:
I get owned by 2 base chargelot archon builds. I've tried a lot of different unit comps. My macro is better but it seems that creating roach/hydra doesn't work...This is mid game so I can't really rush to broodlords for a stable build. Anyone have any suggestions?


I experimented with chargelot/archon for awhile, and standard roach/hydra play completely owned me. Pure roach is probably even better. If you're losing to it the only explanation is that your macro needs to be better.


Yeah....the dude had a hidden expo for like 10 mins....still that doesn't make sense because I was on 4 bases to his 3...maybe bad engagement too then. The Hydras were in the front and then I reinforced with roaches after seeing archons. I don't know....it's something I got to work on.
"There is no spoon."
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 05:10:40
July 08 2011 05:10 GMT
#5019
I know it's not a simple question, but is there a thread that gives insights of PvX match-ups?
I want to learn the details better.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 08 2011 05:48 GMT
#5020
On July 08 2011 14:10 darkness wrote:
I know it's not a simple question, but is there a thread that gives insights of PvX match-ups?
I want to learn the details better.

Have you searched the 'recommended threads' thread?
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Prev 1 249 250 251 252 253 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 515
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason8
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 731
Dewaltoss 106
firebathero 90
Zeus 70
Trap 37
910 32
NaDa 29
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever172
Counter-Strike
edward87
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS128
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3127
Liquid`Hasu2193
Other Games
summit1g6007
B2W.Neo610
Beastyqt602
shahzam396
byalli387
ToD199
C9.Mang0165
KnowMe146
TKL 112
Chillindude19
Railgan15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 62
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
• WagamamaTV259
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 34m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 34m
Stellar Fest
16h 34m
Stellar Fest
16h 34m
Stellar Fest
16h 34m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.