• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:50
CEST 23:50
KST 06:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7411 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 253

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 251 252 253 254 255 900 Next
OoOo
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany126 Posts
July 08 2011 16:28 GMT
#5041
On July 09 2011 01:17 bardtown wrote:
In the first seconds of the game, should I send SCVs to mineral line first or start SCV production first?

i think its better to build the scw first, since for example day9 does it if im not wrong
in general the difference is so smal it doesnt realy matter
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
July 08 2011 16:41 GMT
#5042
On July 09 2011 00:32 Ajaco92 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 23:45 Catchafire2000 wrote:
what is the BO for a perfect 4 gate in pvp?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/4_Gate

--

I've been thinking about this lately; when you go templars vs bio terrans, they always want to EMP your templars, right? What about hallucinating a bunch of HT's, send them to an exposed spot, to draw EMP attention?

My question is; have anyone tried this, or seen that this have been done? I think it should work, as very few terrans bring a raven with their army, or scans regulary before an engagement.


Liquipedia link is not the perfect PvP 4 gate.

Hallucinating HTs may work, but majority of people I play always scan. Also when it gets to mid-late game terran always has many ghosts for many EMPs so a few hallucinations dont really make much of a difference.
Porneus
Profile Joined May 2010
Poland68 Posts
July 08 2011 16:45 GMT
#5043
On July 08 2011 20:30 Sated wrote:
If you're going for a 3gate expand against Terran, when should you put down the robotics bay? I mean, you can't scout if the Terran is getting 2gas for Banshees as marines kill the probe before that, so all you know is that the Terran has 1gas and could be doing ??? so I assume you need to get an observer kinda early if you're doing this? Or is it better to just gas steal?


Zeal + stalker poke will tell you all that you wanna know, in this case bunker=tech so probably cloakshees. Gas steal is good if you manage to keep probe alive until 2nd marine pops, this usually indicates tech, never met T who would normally go 2 rines and then addon, it's always just one.
http://sc2ranks.com/eu/275634/gsbPorneus
xHassassin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States270 Posts
July 08 2011 17:00 GMT
#5044
What should my addons be for my additional rax?

I know that first 3 should be 1 reactor + 2 tech lab, and I have the economy to add 2 more while getting starport tech after my expansion comes up. Should I get 2x tech lab or 1 reactor 1 tech lab?
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 08 2011 17:03 GMT
#5045
On July 09 2011 02:00 xHassassin wrote:
What should my addons be for my additional rax?

I know that first 3 should be 1 reactor + 2 tech lab, and I have the economy to add 2 more while getting starport tech after my expansion comes up. Should I get 2x tech lab or 1 reactor 1 tech lab?


What matchup/Compositions/state of the game are you talking about. It all depends. I assume you are talking about Bio TvP since TvT and TvZ generally favours only one techlab. It really depends on what composition. Generally sticking to a ratio of 1:2/3 works out alright but it's a bit of a deep question.
alpenrahm
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany629 Posts
July 08 2011 17:58 GMT
#5046
if an infestor neurals one of my units and i neural the infestor with one of my own, do i control the unit the infestor neuraled?
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 19:52:04
July 08 2011 19:51 GMT
#5047
On July 09 2011 02:58 alpenrahm wrote:
if an infestor neurals one of my units and i neural the infestor with one of my own, do i control the unit the infestor neuraled?

I think it just cancels the neural on the first infestor.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
H.k[D]
Profile Joined April 2010
United States260 Posts
July 08 2011 23:31 GMT
#5048
if you see a ton of banelings, is it cost efficient to blink statlkers one at a time in the middle?
Hyyde
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States43 Posts
July 08 2011 23:48 GMT
#5049
As Zerg what is the most effective way to break a tank line?
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 08 2011 23:55 GMT
#5050
On July 09 2011 08:48 Hyyde wrote:
As Zerg what is the most effective way to break a tank line?

Most important thing to remember is never engage it mid-game. Terran armies are not something you can simply counter, composition wise, and kill. Consistently being active with your mutalisks should keep you safe until hive tech, where you can access the best way to break siege lines: brood lords. Infestor/brood-lord should be your late game goal, simply range the line with broods and keep them safe with fungal.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Erzz
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada184 Posts
July 09 2011 01:07 GMT
#5051
I've been playing all the races a little bit the past couple weeks. I have no idea which race to focus on, but I know I don't want to go random.
Which race should I play?
First person to reply with a (single) race decides my fate for the next couple months.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 09 2011 01:22 GMT
#5052
On July 09 2011 10:07 Erzz wrote:
I've been playing all the races a little bit the past couple weeks. I have no idea which race to focus on, but I know I don't want to go random.
Which race should I play?
First person to reply with a (single) race decides my fate for the next couple months.

This isn't 4chan, you might want to put thought into it rather than post/make decisions like this.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Erzz
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada184 Posts
July 09 2011 01:34 GMT
#5053
On July 09 2011 10:22 Soluhwin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 10:07 Erzz wrote:
I've been playing all the races a little bit the past couple weeks. I have no idea which race to focus on, but I know I don't want to go random.
Which race should I play?
First person to reply with a (single) race decides my fate for the next couple months.

This isn't 4chan, you might want to put thought into it rather than post/make decisions like this.


Well my skill with each race is pretty equal. The races are all balanced enough. I like/dislike things in each race, they all even out to me. I have no favourite race. After changing my mind repeatedly, I decided to leave it up to some one/thing else.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 09 2011 01:57 GMT
#5054
On July 09 2011 10:34 Erzz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 10:22 Soluhwin wrote:
On July 09 2011 10:07 Erzz wrote:
I've been playing all the races a little bit the past couple weeks. I have no idea which race to focus on, but I know I don't want to go random.
Which race should I play?
First person to reply with a (single) race decides my fate for the next couple months.

This isn't 4chan, you might want to put thought into it rather than post/make decisions like this.


Well my skill with each race is pretty equal. The races are all balanced enough. I like/dislike things in each race, they all even out to me. I have no favourite race. After changing my mind repeatedly, I decided to leave it up to some one/thing else.

Pick a number, 1 2 or 3.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
July 09 2011 02:05 GMT
#5055
On July 09 2011 10:07 Erzz wrote:
I've been playing all the races a little bit the past couple weeks. I have no idea which race to focus on, but I know I don't want to go random.
Which race should I play?
First person to reply with a (single) race decides my fate for the next couple months.

Play protoss
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 02:09:59
July 09 2011 02:09 GMT
#5056
So, in the end -- what is the best for a player with low APM as Zerg against Protoss/Terran:

Ling/Infestor/Roach or Muta/Ling/Roach/Bling
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 09 2011 02:10 GMT
#5057
On July 09 2011 11:05 n.DieJokes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 10:07 Erzz wrote:
I've been playing all the races a little bit the past couple weeks. I have no idea which race to focus on, but I know I don't want to go random.
Which race should I play?
First person to reply with a (single) race decides my fate for the next couple months.

Play protoss

beat me to it, don't bother with my post then.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 09 2011 02:13 GMT
#5058
On July 09 2011 11:09 Fruscainte wrote:
So, in the end -- what is the best for a player with low APM as Zerg against Protoss/Terran:

Ling/Infestor/Roach or Muta/Ling/Roach/Bling

Both options are the same really. Most APM of any match goes into the macro management and not into army control. Honestly, it feels like the compositions you posted are match-up specific, the first for ZvP and the second for ZvT. Concentrate more on playing to your opponent, and crafting a style that you are comfortable with, don't worry if you are a slow player it shouldn't make much of a different between the two styles.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Animostas
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States568 Posts
July 09 2011 06:00 GMT
#5059
Why do more Protoss players opt for a Zealot/Stalker/Colossus composition rather than Zealot/Phoenix/Colossus in PvT? It seems that Phoenixes have a lot more usage as they destroy Vikings and can force turrets.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 09 2011 07:00 GMT
#5060
On July 09 2011 15:00 Animostas wrote:
Why do more Protoss players opt for a Zealot/Stalker/Colossus composition rather than Zealot/Phoenix/Colossus in PvT? It seems that Phoenixes have a lot more usage as they destroy Vikings and can force turrets.

It's a matter of cost and timings, in addition to phoenixes just not being good in combat. Going for both a robo and stargate, in addition to producing 300/200 colossus and 150/100 phoenixes is just not smooth. In addition, any time you choose a tech path it opens vulnerabilities, which is why one must be safe with a gate way army before the colossus transition, and at that point producing phoenixes is just silly. Several other:factors too: stalkers are also pretty good against vikings and are basically a universal problem solver, whereas a phoenix can only hit air or what it decides to lift. Phoenixes are made of paper, so they die really fast. Colossus, stalkers and zealots all share upgrades. etc.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Prev 1 251 252 253 254 255 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 90
JuggernautJason46
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 622
firebathero 86
Zeus 64
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever451
League of Legends
JimRising 373
Counter-Strike
minikerr1
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS104
PPMD31
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5328
Liquid`Hasu1736
Other Games
summit1g6661
shahzam514
byalli339
C9.Mang0187
UpATreeSC65
Trikslyr39
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 47
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 11m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 11m
Stellar Fest
15h 11m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.