• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6730 users

[G] Adel's No Gas PvP - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
drgonzhere
Profile Joined November 2010
United States447 Posts
December 17 2010 03:01 GMT
#61
It would be totally sick if you could work on a liquipedia page for this. The protoss strategy section is starting to look minuscule in comparison to the other races. But this is a sick build that should be accessible to everyone :D
Dictator for Life of the PuMa Fanclub/ DRG, PuMA, Sage, Puzzle, MMA Fighting!
bloodisblue
Profile Joined September 2010
United States36 Posts
December 17 2010 03:13 GMT
#62
Well. I've been trying this build basically every game now to get away from the every game 4 gate that PvP seems to turn into. A couple things that I noticed though from my fiveish games using this build.

Most importantly it loses to zealot rushes where my opponent goes 2 gate and pumps out about 6 - 7 when i have 4 with two stalkers being made. Then my opponent reinforced wave after wave until he had mass stalkers which didn't help me

Secondly I would recremend what to do if the push fails. In my loss against the zealots I had a cannon going up then cancled it to produce another gateway (which in turn lost it for me). So if you could add a bit more on base defence or continued aggression if it fails before you get to their base.

But overall I really like this build athough it basically is a two gate push it is much easier to remember your basic steps of pylon gate pylon gate pylon Cyber / assimilater so thanks very much for making it seems so simple
HvidTiger
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark7 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-29 06:02:00
December 29 2010 05:41 GMT
#63
I too have been in love with AdelScott's delayed 2gate, since i first laid eyes upon it.

The key strength to this build, is that it is economically superior to most 4-gates, and i therefore have a different approach on the whole attacking part.

Since I have the economic lead (expansion in the making), my priority is to trade units for units, thus delaying the inevitable counter significantly. With a unit trade planned ahead, i can cut not probes but pylons, because i know those inital 6 units (12 food) will be destroyed within a resonable timeframe, thus letting me get further ahead in the mineral war, I am waging upon my enemy.

Here is my adapted build order for a bit superior economy:

9 Pylon-scout --> chrono as soon as pylon is finished
12 Gate --> chrono workers
15 Pylon --> chrono workers (save chronoes from now on)
17 Zealot
20 Gateway
20 Gas
21 Zealot
24 Pylon
25 Core
26 Zealot x2 (chrono out the one zealot you started latest) (when these zealots finish move out on the map so your faster stalkers can catch up)
30 Pylon
30 Stalker x2 --> chrono (these should line up near perfectly with core finishing 250 minerals and 100 gas) (attack as soon as the stalkers finish)
@ 50 gas start warpgate, cant really remember that timing right now
34 Probe
35 Zealot
37 Probe
38 Stalker
40 Nexus + Pylon near nexus

This is usually when the battle goes down, continue to pump units and workers off of one nexus DO NOT rally units, you are not all in with a nexus in the making.

You should prioritize killing enemy units, and if they retreat try to pick off pylons to supply block him, you want to greatly delay the counter push.
Do not engage workers, this might seem counterintuitive, but if he brings workers just dance around his base, you will delay his mining for free! When he pulls workers back to mineral line, re engage any unit and pylons again. Remember, these are sacrificial units, you do not want to keep them, because you WILL get supply blocked if you dont start losing them soon

You should have been able to see everything your opponent made in his base during this attack, so no need to overreact to possible dts or voidrays or whatnot.

add gates, gas and other production structures as you see fit from now on. I usually go with 2 extra gates and a robo and then adding a stargate later on, bringing me to a total of four gates, plus a robo and a stargate off of 2base3gas.

Sorry for the wall of text, but just thought i would give my 2 cents!
Rubix314
Profile Joined December 2010
54 Posts
December 29 2010 06:30 GMT
#64
Hmm, I've seen quite a few replays of Adel doing this build on youtube, and he always prioritizes killing workers in the enemy base.
HvidTiger
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark7 Posts
December 29 2010 06:36 GMT
#65
I know, I have too. I just took the broad strokes of Adell's style and made it my own. This is just what i have found work best for me. I am nowhere near as godly as adell with my micro, and it is way easier to just trade armies whilst macroing up at home.
Hurkyl
Profile Joined October 2010
304 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-29 09:46:49
December 29 2010 09:44 GMT
#66
On December 14 2010 08:59 CecilSunkure wrote:Honestly, I've never played anyone that's gone with some sort of robo opening. This is because when players see your intial two gateways, they are expecting mass zealots, and they rush to match your gateway count. Once they realize you aren't zealot alling they switch to 4 gate. I can just imagine an early push of 3 zealots and two stalkers destroying a robo build since only one immortal should be able to get out in time, which is a huge investment at this point in the game.

I think you underestimate just how tough the micro is going to be for you. One Immortal is better in every way than two Stalkers, except for one less range and slightly slower movement speed. It hurts Zealots just as quickly, and will obliterate the Stalkers if they don't stay out of range.


(Okay, that's not quite true -- the Immortal will die one Zealot strike sooner than a pair of Stalkers. But that's compensated for in the fact that the Immortal's DPS isn't cut in half when it's at half health)
Promises
Profile Joined February 2004
Netherlands1821 Posts
December 29 2010 09:55 GMT
#67
How would this do against the pure-zealot 4/5 gate warp-in? I'm talking about the 10pylon10gate, 50 gass for warpgate and then everything onto minerals-pylon at the enemy ramp build. It gets the warpgate research done at roughly 4.50 or something, which is hella-fast, but in the stages before that it only has 1 zeal going around.
I'm a man of my word, and that word is "unreliable".
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-29 10:21:20
December 29 2010 10:20 GMT
#68
On December 29 2010 18:55 Promises wrote:
How would this do against the pure-zealot 4/5 gate warp-in? I'm talking about the 10pylon10gate, 50 gass for warpgate and then everything onto minerals-pylon at the enemy ramp build. It gets the warpgate research done at roughly 4.50 or something, which is hella-fast, but in the stages before that it only has 1 zeal going around.

I've actually used this build and survived against the Korean 4 Warpgate allin. You use your initial army from your 2 warpgates to kill off proxy pylons. If you can't in time, then what I did was I just added on two more gateways and researched warpgates while microing probes away from the zealots, and microing my army to kill his without taking losses. I actually use my first buildings to form a wall next to my minerals every game, so it was hard for him to get the zealots into my mineral line. I wish I had the replay... People watching my stream saw me defend it ^_^
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
December 29 2010 10:25 GMT
#69
On December 17 2010 12:01 drgonzhere wrote:
It would be totally sick if you could work on a liquipedia page for this. The protoss strategy section is starting to look minuscule in comparison to the other races. But this is a sick build that should be accessible to everyone :D

Yes sir!

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Adel's_No_Gas_PvP
Shillen
Profile Joined December 2010
United States3 Posts
December 29 2010 15:16 GMT
#70
Trying this tonight.Great post
That do you like?
SaJa
Profile Joined November 2010
France84 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-29 22:22:10
December 29 2010 22:16 GMT
#71
On December 29 2010 19:20 CecilSunkure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2010 18:55 Promises wrote:
How would this do against the pure-zealot 4/5 gate warp-in? I'm talking about the 10pylon10gate, 50 gass for warpgate and then everything onto minerals-pylon at the enemy ramp build. It gets the warpgate research done at roughly 4.50 or something, which is hella-fast, but in the stages before that it only has 1 zeal going around.

I've actually used this build and survived against the Korean 4 Warpgate allin. You use your initial army from your 2 warpgates to kill off proxy pylons. If you can't in time, then what I did was I just added on two more gateways and researched warpgates while microing probes away from the zealots, and microing my army to kill his without taking losses. I actually use my first buildings to form a wall next to my minerals every game, so it was hard for him to get the zealots into my mineral line. I wish I had the replay... People watching my stream saw me defend it ^_^


So you actually won to a 4 fast warpgate+proxy pylons with only 2 gates + very late 2 more gates and a delayed warp upgrade ?.. Oo;
And in anyways, if you can counter it doin' this you'll probably not be ahead, but behind ~~ if you don't use this Bo to fast expand but making 4g it doesn't give you any advantage because you just doin' the same build than your opponent (you just making it in a different and later way) :\
I dunno if this Bo is still good since, in ladder, every single protoss is doin' this shit 4g kor rush (I'll probably ask to Adel himself :\).

If you have differents replays where i can see how really counter it with Adel's Bo I'm aware :>

@HvidTiger : Don't give a build order without any replays pls ;D
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-29 22:27:24
December 29 2010 22:26 GMT
#72
On December 30 2010 07:16 SaJa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2010 19:20 CecilSunkure wrote:
On December 29 2010 18:55 Promises wrote:
How would this do against the pure-zealot 4/5 gate warp-in? I'm talking about the 10pylon10gate, 50 gass for warpgate and then everything onto minerals-pylon at the enemy ramp build. It gets the warpgate research done at roughly 4.50 or something, which is hella-fast, but in the stages before that it only has 1 zeal going around.

I've actually used this build and survived against the Korean 4 Warpgate allin. You use your initial army from your 2 warpgates to kill off proxy pylons. If you can't in time, then what I did was I just added on two more gateways and researched warpgates while microing probes away from the zealots, and microing my army to kill his without taking losses. I actually use my first buildings to form a wall next to my minerals every game, so it was hard for him to get the zealots into my mineral line. I wish I had the replay... People watching my stream saw me defend it ^_^


So you actually won to a 4 fast warpgate+proxy pylons with only 2 gates + very late 2 more gates and a delayed warp upgrade ?.. Oo;
And in anyways, if you can counter it doin' this you'll probably not be ahead, but behind ~~ if you don't use this Bo to fast expand but making 4g it doesn't give you any advantage because you just doin' the same build than your opponent (you just making it in a different and later way) :\
I dunno if this Bo is still good since, in ladder, every single protoss is doin' this shit 4g kor rush (I'll probably ask to Adel himself :\).

If you have differents replays where i can see how really counter it with Adel's Bo I'm aware :>

@HvidTiger : Don't give a build order without any replays pls ;D

Well you have a lot of probes. I also had really good sim city with my buildings that most players don't use. If you do survive you should definitely be ahead since the allin leaves the enemy protoss with only 18 probes mining.

Stalkers help a lot as well. I'm not saying it's easy, but I definitely won and there isn't really anything else for the enemy protoss pulling the k4warp to improve, except laying a pylon within my mineral line -however I would have just targetted it down first.

You could also easily go with 2 gate forge and place cannons in your mineral line. If you have 2 stalkers and two cannons, and are chronoing out zealots it's very easy to hold of warpins of 4 zealots.

I'm willing to play custom games with anyone that wants to try to k4warp me while I try to use Adel's build, just to provide some replays for people to see. But like I said I'm away from my computer for a couple days, and currently can't.
SaJa
Profile Joined November 2010
France84 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-29 22:36:29
December 29 2010 22:35 GMT
#73
Well you have a lot of probes. I also had really good sim city with my buildings that most players don't use. If you do survive you should definitely be ahead since the allin leaves the enemy protoss with only 18 probes mining.


Many protoss can make k4warp push without doin' an all-in just making constant probes and fast warp upgrade I guess :\

You could also easily go with 2 gate forge and place cannons in your mineral line. If you have 2 stalkers and two cannons, and are chronoing out zealots it's very easy to hold of warpins of 4 zealots.


I'm agree with that, but it doesn't seem to be an Adel's Bo after all :p

I'm willing to play custom games with anyone that wants to try to k4warp me while I try to use Adel's build, just to provide some replays for people to see. But like I said I'm away from my computer for a couple days, and currently can't.


I really would like to try with you but we aren't in the same server Y_Y
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-31 06:23:24
December 31 2010 06:20 GMT
#74
I've made some major updates to the wiki article! I hope you all like it

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Adel's_No_Gas_PvP

I've also added in a new replay, of me playing on ladder, to the OP: http://www.mediafire.com/?6j5p8tlj6lcq8f4
Avanar1
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia44 Posts
December 31 2010 06:40 GMT
#75
I have only done this build like 5 times but everytime i did it i have won and everytime it has been used against me i have lost
good build ty for making the guide.
SaJa
Profile Joined November 2010
France84 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-31 18:06:26
December 31 2010 14:40 GMT
#76
Cecilsunkure : yeah, this Bo works pretty well vs 3g robo, but do you have replay against a strong kor4warp ? I've seen many replays of adel against mana or naniwa doin' 4g, and adel is just no matched :/ (and I'm worrying if this bo works on ladder since most of ppl are doin' 4g)

I did it here vs 3g robo aswell : http://www.mediafire.com/?lwqgd7bqr979uob

Here against a 4g but I was pretty lucky : http://www.mediafire.com/?0yaibtc8n0ikrya
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
December 31 2010 15:58 GMT
#77
The only time I see this build lose really convincingly is against a 3 collosus timing push off of one base. However, I was able to defeat this using a voidray speedlot transition, which may work extremely well once the new patch kicks in.

My apm was low and game a tiny bit off because it was like my second game after a two week vacation
http://www.mediafire.com/?96m0k3889av17ft
SaJa
Profile Joined November 2010
France84 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-31 18:05:34
December 31 2010 18:05 GMT
#78
I'm more worried about your opponent skill -.- he could make a 4gate (again it was a 3g robo without full chrono on warp upgrade), put pylone next to your natural and break it just by behind (your photons just defend in front) as would do most of 2500 protoss players ~~ :\
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
December 31 2010 20:37 GMT
#79
He was 2850.
burninglegionx
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada22 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-31 21:51:39
December 31 2010 21:37 GMT
#80
How to win against Adel's build

standard PvP start:
send 9 pyl scout -> kinda necessary to spot cheese and to scout out opponent's base on 4p map

12 gate
14 gas
15 pyl

(on 2 player map, if you want more econ, do a 12gate scout or 13gate scout. Late scout = riskier, but you end up with more minerals, so your choice)

at this point, the probe scout should've spotted the opponent's build (even on 4p map, the probe will get to the last starting pos by 17 food at the latest).

If you see no gas, lots of probes/chrono on nexus (meaning it wasn't a early double gate zealot push), and a 2 gateway, you know this is Adel's build.

just drop a 2nd gate instead of core, then make zealots. Keep the probe scout circling in enemy base to see if he's changing build or not and to see when his zealots are moving out.

build cyb core around the time he does and get the 2nd gas. Constantly make zealots and stalkers.

Adel's build will attack by now. If he attacks, just defend from above your ramp (you have equal army size but you have the defender's advantage), and if he tries to pull back, just chase his army with yours and pick as many units off as possible. He can't fight you at this point because your stalkers took a few free shots when he tried to move up the ramp and the fight is taking place close to your base and you will win the battle with faster reinforcements. If he commits to the fight, you'll win the battle, and then you can just straight up push with a 4-gate follow up.

If his army managed to retreat back onto his ramp without suffering a high casualty, just camp his nat and delay the expo from going up. Get robo up and fast colossi it.

You have the gas advantage so you can spare the gas to warp in a few sentries if he went 4gates to push you back. Your colossi will come out much faster than his.


If Adel's build got the nexus up and has cannons by the time you pushed his army back to the nat, you have the gas advantage with the 14 gas so just do a 3gate colossus push. Your colossus will be out before his 2-base econ can kick in and his colossus will be out much later than yours.
On your PC, the units seem to perform quite poorly. I think there might be something nearby the PC that is causing this problem for you. You may need a mirror to find out what it is. :D
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM971
TaKeTV 338
TKL 295
IndyStarCraft 182
ZombieGrub104
BRAT_OK 89
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 971
TKL 295
IndyStarCraft 182
MaxPax 166
ZombieGrub104
BRAT_OK 89
JuggernautJason57
Nathanias 42
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 569
White-Ra 149
firebathero 79
Barracks 75
Shine 45
910 44
Killer 27
Trap 21
yabsab 8
Counter-Strike
Fnx 773
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0200
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9393
crisheroes1843
Liquid`Hasu1669
Trikslyr80
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi5339
summit1g5105
singsing1297
Beastyqt846
shahzam447
B2W.Neo316
ArmadaUGS137
KnowMe130
UpATreeSC61
Pyrionflax55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream404
Other Games
BasetradeTV179
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 192
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 22
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV141
League of Legends
• TFBlade999
Other Games
• imaqtpie653
• Shiphtur285
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.