• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:40
CEST 15:40
KST 22:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8283 users

[G] Adel's No Gas PvP - Page 8

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
trNimitz
Profile Joined October 2010
204 Posts
March 21 2011 03:42 GMT
#141
I love how people are still questioning whether this build is really viable. I've been using my own version of it for like 500 games now (3650 master) and it's great, at the moment I'm finally starting to reach the point where the other guy 4 gating means auto-win for me.
Aui_2000
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada435 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-21 03:46:36
March 21 2011 03:46 GMT
#142
This build is really amazing. You can use it to secure a 2nd gas and transition into a 3 gate/4 gate + tech build because it straight up stops 4 gates, even if it stops killing people at a higher level. People are starting to do very nice 3 gate counters to the build on ladder though.

As for viability, I used it to beat Katari on ladder and my pvp usually sucks.
follow @aui_2000 // www.twitch.tv/aui_2000
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
March 21 2011 03:48 GMT
#143
On March 21 2011 12:38 CecilSunkure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 12:35 See.Blue wrote:So what do you think about this builds viability?

The build works if you do it right, especially on close positions.

I could easily see this working on close positions/medium positions (like Xel'Naga caverns), but how would you see this build working on a map like Typon peaks?
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
Came Norrection
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada168 Posts
March 21 2011 03:59 GMT
#144
On March 21 2011 12:35 See.Blue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 12:26 Came Norrection wrote:
well the 4 zealots are going to die killing no enemy units


I'm sorry but that just seems kind of silly. Even if you don't do super well with the zealots, I'd imagine you'd at least get them out. Theyre not going to have sentries that early.

I don't see how 4 zealots are going to kill much more than a few probes or a zealot if the defender prepares accordingly by getting 2 gates and chrono to get 2 stalkers and 2 zealots as you can micro to minimalize any casualties.
"The lie is just a great story ruined by the truth."
ScythedBlade
Profile Joined May 2010
308 Posts
March 21 2011 04:07 GMT
#145
On March 21 2011 12:59 Came Norrection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2011 12:35 See.Blue wrote:
On March 21 2011 12:26 Came Norrection wrote:
well the 4 zealots are going to die killing no enemy units


I'm sorry but that just seems kind of silly. Even if you don't do super well with the zealots, I'd imagine you'd at least get them out. Theyre not going to have sentries that early.

I don't see how 4 zealots are going to kill much more than a few probes or a zealot if the defender prepares accordingly by getting 2 gates and chrono to get 2 stalkers and 2 zealots as you can micro to minimalize any casualties.


Don't worry. The other player won't be able to get both 2 zealots and 2 stalkers if you hit them with tight timings. On that note, you can send 2 zealots as fodder, and micro 2 zealots to kill probes. At some point if you haven't lost any zealots, it will be 4 zealots + 2 stalkers vs. something less.
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
March 21 2011 19:47 GMT
#146
Does anyone have any recent (current patch) replays of this in action at master level?
Turnus
Profile Joined June 2007
United States86 Posts
March 28 2011 11:45 GMT
#147
I would love some patch 1.3 replays of this build to study. Looking for something weird to spice up my PvP.
cui dono lepidum novum libellum
Acridice
Profile Joined December 2010
United States298 Posts
March 28 2011 13:53 GMT
#148
I'll post a replay next time I do this build. I would like to note though, that the best way to execute this build, is to have one zealot chasing each of their stalkers, and send your remaining zealots to their mineral line while you wait for your stalkers to reinforce. When your stalkers get there, u can help your zealots kill their stalkers. It takes a lot of individual micro, but if you can execute it well, it is still a great build for close positions.

One thing I'm confused about is why you request replays post 1.3. Nothing has changed in 1.3 that would effect this build at all.
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. - Confucius
Acridice
Profile Joined December 2010
United States298 Posts
April 07 2011 00:54 GMT
#149
Has anyone tried this build vs PvZ?

I actually just tried it impulsively in my mathcup. I didn't necessarily do it totally randomly. The map was shattered temple, and we spawned close positions. I just kind of figured I'd go for it. It worked out quite nicely and forced him to make excess lings to deal. I think it would be a great way to expand with a forge in PvZ after you make the initial 4z 2s.

The replay is honestly not worth watching. I play masters, but I sware this dude was like platinum gold calibur. There was a point where he had like 8-10 spines and 10 drones. I was LOL. This is also why I ask if anyone has tried it in PvZ cuz this game was not a good way to judge the validity.

I am of course restricting its use to close positions as I always do with this build. Anybody been working with this build in PvZ?
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. - Confucius
CaptainHaz
Profile Joined December 2010
United States240 Posts
April 07 2011 01:18 GMT
#150
On April 07 2011 09:54 Acridice wrote:
Has anyone tried this build vs PvZ?

I actually just tried it impulsively in my mathcup. I didn't necessarily do it totally randomly. The map was shattered temple, and we spawned close positions. I just kind of figured I'd go for it. It worked out quite nicely and forced him to make excess lings to deal. I think it would be a great way to expand with a forge in PvZ after you make the initial 4z 2s.

The replay is honestly not worth watching. I play masters, but I sware this dude was like platinum gold calibur. There was a point where he had like 8-10 spines and 10 drones. I was LOL. This is also why I ask if anyone has tried it in PvZ cuz this game was not a good way to judge the validity.

I am of course restricting its use to close positions as I always do with this build. Anybody been working with this build in PvZ?


Pepe's build is basically just this, he settled on a quick forge transition as well. Worth checking out imo.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=203511
All of us warned you of the big white face.
Kuhva
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom183 Posts
May 01 2011 11:42 GMT
#151
Loving this build, always either wins the game there and then or puts me in a huge eco lead. Makes pvp much less down to micro luck (im only in gold)
Brotoss Fighting!!!!
Ghecko
Profile Joined August 2010
Romania12 Posts
May 16 2011 20:46 GMT
#152
has anyone tried this build with the latest patch in PvP? (1.3.3) and if u did.. how does it fare against 2-3 gate robo/4 gate
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
May 20 2011 22:09 GMT
#153
On May 17 2011 05:46 Ghecko wrote:
has anyone tried this build with the latest patch in PvP? (1.3.3) and if u did.. how does it fare against 2-3 gate robo/4 gate


Ive been losing to it a lot trying a 3 stalker into tech build so i would say its quite viable. It used to be good close position due to the warpgate time but even now on longer positions and maps with smaller ramps its quite good.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
randplaty
Profile Joined September 2010
205 Posts
May 20 2011 23:48 GMT
#154
On May 21 2011 07:09 ZeromuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2011 05:46 Ghecko wrote:
has anyone tried this build with the latest patch in PvP? (1.3.3) and if u did.. how does it fare against 2-3 gate robo/4 gate


Ive been losing to it a lot trying a 3 stalker into tech build so i would say its quite viable. It used to be good close position due to the warpgate time but even now on longer positions and maps with smaller ramps its quite good.



But what about the decrease in sentry time? The build used to be done if they got the sentry out before you got up the ramp... now the sentry comes out faster. Warpgates come slower... maybe it balances out?
Volka
Profile Joined December 2010
Argentina412 Posts
May 21 2011 18:05 GMT
#155
I find it harder to pull off since now less people is 4gating, and this build doesn't work so good against someone how's trying to defend.
http://www.starsite.com.ar
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
May 22 2011 13:26 GMT
#156
On May 21 2011 08:48 randplaty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 07:09 ZeromuS wrote:
On May 17 2011 05:46 Ghecko wrote:
has anyone tried this build with the latest patch in PvP? (1.3.3) and if u did.. how does it fare against 2-3 gate robo/4 gate


Ive been losing to it a lot trying a 3 stalker into tech build so i would say its quite viable. It used to be good close position due to the warpgate time but even now on longer positions and maps with smaller ramps its quite good.



But what about the decrease in sentry time? The build used to be done if they got the sentry out before you got up the ramp... now the sentry comes out faster. Warpgates come slower... maybe it balances out?


unless you are really far away I have found that they dont have sentries in time to stop this unless they made Zealot-stalker-sentry which even then, they wont have enough sentries to completely stop you trying to pressure and the stalkers can take pot shots from below on the sentries if a zealot gets up. Worst case, you set up a light contain and then proceed to either tech or add gateways and try to defend.

Adding gateways is in my opinion better than tech since you should be behind in tech so more units from the mineral advantage at the expansion (since they wont be leaving right away) can be the better option.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-22 17:37:59
May 22 2011 17:12 GMT
#157
I'm finding this and variations of this build a LOT stronger after 1.3.3. If you attempt to sneak a gas steal in as well you can sometimes get pretty ahead in tech too since the build forces gas units to defend, and they won't often counter attack if you don't lose all your zealots when they eventually hold it off.

I find the best outcome is if they actually pump sentries to block their ramp, and you can then just tech freely since you're not spending the gas as fast.

They can't 4-gate as effectively after being hit by this, and if they try to rush your ramp, you'll have more zealots just sitting there which will blenderize whatever runs up your ramp, meanwhile you're teching.

I haven't had anyone go blink in response yet, for what its worth.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
r3tsa
Profile Joined April 2011
Poland94 Posts
May 22 2011 17:59 GMT
#158
I thin the best response is to put own nexus without forge and cannons after defending the push and proceed with tech, someone familiar with this build can scout it easy and defend properly.
No pain, no gain.
torichan
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany7 Posts
June 29 2011 22:58 GMT
#159
Recently i've been having less success with this build so I've been trying a cheesier variation where I move a scouting probe out at 7 and proxy the pylon at a midway location that his scouting probe won't see. I send a second probe out at 10 to build the gates at the same times.

This gives somewhat less economy but the 4 zealot timing isn't slowed down much, and you get a huge advantage from the time to walk to his base being that much shorter.

When his scouting probe sees nothing he may throw down a forge, at which point I know it is safe to expand to a base near my proxy (so on some maps where it is possible i proxy near a potential expo and just use that base as my main.

I'm only mid plat, so there's probably some holes in this strat. The times when I have died worst is when he goes for fast colossi and I go for a third. Wall-offs or ff maybe should be more successful against my strat but I haven't been playing really skilled toss at my level.

I almost never get a 'gg' from the opponent, probably due to the 'cheesy' nature of proxying, but this is quite different from a 10 gate proxy rush. Any thoughts on the cheesiness of the proxy hurting the strat?

I'm interested in making this strat better so any tips are welcome.
CCalms
Profile Joined November 2010
United States341 Posts
June 29 2011 23:24 GMT
#160
Uhh.. torichan.. he 2gates in response to your proxy and wipes out your proxy before you canget stalkers out, setting you back 400 minerals... this build is meant to get an expansion up... if you want to cheese then there are better proxy builds.

This build dies laughably convincingly to so many protoss openers, please don't keep trying to do it. Adelscott has stopped doing it for over 5 months now lol..
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech165
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4541
Jaedong 2553
Leta 2252
Soulkey 1942
EffOrt 1019
Soma 607
Horang2 402
Mini 400
Rush 366
BeSt 319
[ Show more ]
Stork 272
Light 271
Larva 182
Pusan 181
ggaemo 164
Snow 160
Barracks 131
Killer 131
Zeus 126
firebathero 88
hero 84
JYJ 68
Mong 56
ToSsGirL 37
Sharp 37
Shinee 30
Aegong 30
sorry 28
Bale 27
Sexy 21
zelot 12
Sacsri 11
Rock 9
Shine 8
Terrorterran 8
Icarus 7
JulyZerg 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6347
qojqva1069
Dendi858
XaKoH 492
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_241
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4091
Khaldor7
Other Games
gofns43565
singsing1928
olofmeister1271
B2W.Neo818
byalli537
Lowko368
Livibee194
mouzStarbuck173
DeMusliM172
Liquid`VortiX122
OGKoka 95
ArmadaUGS88
Chillindude8
Railgan4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV511
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream205
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 18
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV333
League of Legends
• Jankos1659
• Nemesis1516
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 20m
Kung Fu Cup
21h 20m
The PondCast
1d 20h
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.