• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:28
CEST 03:28
KST 10:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8210 users

[G] TvZ Griffith's 4OC Pressure Push - Page 24

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 37 Next All
TurtlePerson2
Profile Joined October 2010
United States218 Posts
December 12 2010 19:32 GMT
#461
That's a really good split. Anything that's 1 for 1 is good because banelings cost more than marines. I'm usually happy if I can get two blings for every marine.
torturis exuvias eunt
Senorcuidado
Profile Joined May 2010
United States700 Posts
December 12 2010 20:19 GMT
#462
I don't find that I need to micro that hard against the banelings, especially conpared to marine raven builds. A healthy mix of marauders does wonders. You still need adeuate micro to run the marauders up front and run the marines away, splitting as much as you can, but you don't need to be foxer. It's also much easier off creep, of course. I don't usually have a lot of success using tanks with this kind of buid, but I think that's because I don't get up to enough of them. Once you have a critical mass they can really stop banelings with a couple volleys.

As long as you're responsible about constant pressure and denying expansions, mass baneling usually means less mutas. This means your turrets won't get brute forced down and you can make a lot of tanks too. Mass muta means you need more marines and turrets and your main probably isn't that safe but you should be guaranteed to win a straight up battle with just infantry.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
December 12 2010 22:03 GMT
#463
Marauders -> Tanks is the anti-baneling support that you add to your army. You want to get less marauders and more tanks due to infestors if you want to persist with mass marine.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
btb103
Profile Joined September 2010
United States24 Posts
December 13 2010 01:56 GMT
#464
I saw this in a tournament on metalopolis recently and it was ridiculously strong. Glad there is a write up like this because I definitely want to try out. Thanks!
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-13 04:20:13
December 13 2010 01:59 GMT
#465
Edit: I think you're referring to the SCL finals, replays are on page 23.

I've been testing the build non-stop almost a month now. It seems rock stable to me. It literally feels like an entirely different TvZ to me, you still have to pressure, yes, but the timings and build orders are so whack compared to standard that its mind boggling at times.
griffith.583 (NA)
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 13 2010 08:21 GMT
#466
On December 13 2010 10:56 btb103 wrote:
I saw this in a tournament on metalopolis recently and it was ridiculously strong. Glad there is a write up like this because I definitely want to try out. Thanks!


Yup SCL finals Ngry vs Strifeco(or is it strifecro) either way yes very strong with a player with good mechanics ^^
When I think of something else, something will go here
Conrose
Profile Joined October 2010
437 Posts
December 13 2010 23:41 GMT
#467
On December 13 2010 10:59 Griffith` wrote:
Edit: I think you're referring to the SCL finals, replays are on page 23.

I've been testing the build non-stop almost a month now. It seems rock stable to me. It literally feels like an entirely different TvZ to me, you still have to pressure, yes, but the timings and build orders are so whack compared to standard that its mind boggling at times.


Of course it's an entirely different TvZ. You are either forcing the Zerg to micro a lot more than they are comfortable with outside of ZvZ, or forcing them and yourself into a micro-heavy macro game.

It's also an entirely different 3v3 and 4v4 experience (3 Partners play defensive builds while I go for the 4 OC + a FE, I hit the 10 minute mark and go MM and take up the offensive that never ends while partners can macro and tech up. At about 20 Minutes, my 3 Partners all push out while I switch to mass expand and gas to high hell (And maybe ninja a gold expansion or 2). It's funny as hell when you close the game with mass Thors that are replaced faster than they are destroyed, even funnier when you are given command of a Mothership to constantly recall newly built thors.
virtualbreaks
Profile Joined September 2010
15 Posts
December 14 2010 00:11 GMT
#468
Just tried this out vs a low diamond Zerg and it was pretty hilarious to see. I ended up straight trading bio armies with him for about 20 minutes before the strength of my economy just wore him down.

I don't think he had any idea where all my units were coming from because every time we'd trade he'd try to hit one of my expos only to find another bioball waiting there ready to go, and then he eventually gave a little 'wtf, nice' before gg'ing.

Feels crazy to be out-macroing a zerg. But fun. I like this build!
farseerdk
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada504 Posts
December 14 2010 03:41 GMT
#469
Ran into this as I'm recently switched to random...

Got roflstomped hahaha, but then again my zerg is currently the weakest of my 3 races and I have a pretty bad record since switching to random.
Perspective is merely an angle.
SWPIGWANG
Profile Joined June 2008
Canada482 Posts
December 14 2010 04:28 GMT
#470
On December 13 2010 17:21 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2010 10:56 btb103 wrote:
I saw this in a tournament on metalopolis recently and it was ridiculously strong. Glad there is a write up like this because I definitely want to try out. Thanks!


Yup SCL finals Ngry vs Strifeco(or is it strifecro) either way yes very strong with a player with good mechanics ^^





Marines, marines everywhere.....
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
December 14 2010 16:50 GMT
#471
awesome VOD, including it in OP
griffith.583 (NA)
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
December 14 2010 17:40 GMT
#472
Lol, I must try Marine/Tank/Raven with this now after seeing that :D
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
sfvenn
Profile Joined December 2010
4 Posts
December 14 2010 22:29 GMT
#473
I play Zerg, and my friend used this build against me twice in a friendly custom league best of 3 match. It just wore me down and I finally didn't have the macro to keep up, as he used his periodic bioballs to snipe expos. Ugh.

So, assuming I'm really bad but am willing to learn, what can I do as Zerg to combat this? I did take one game with a 7 Roach Rush where I'm assuming he was also going with this build. Is that the answer? An early rush or baneling bust? Or just get better with sling/bling/muta? I did try to mix in infestors the second time, but the macro effort and constant pressure caused me to make quite a few mistakes, and eventually I just ran out of larva for sling/bling.
Conrose
Profile Joined October 2010
437 Posts
December 14 2010 22:56 GMT
#474
On December 15 2010 07:29 sfvenn wrote:
I play Zerg, and my friend used this build against me twice in a friendly custom league best of 3 match. It just wore me down and I finally didn't have the macro to keep up, as he used his periodic bioballs to snipe expos. Ugh.

So, assuming I'm really bad but am willing to learn, what can I do as Zerg to combat this? I did take one game with a 7 Roach Rush where I'm assuming he was also going with this build. Is that the answer? An early rush or baneling bust? Or just get better with sling/bling/muta? I did try to mix in infestors the second time, but the macro effort and constant pressure caused me to make quite a few mistakes, and eventually I just ran out of larva for sling/bling.


Even at the professional level, Sling Bling eventually just got outmacroed or simply runs out of resources since expanding against constant 4OC Bioballs is so difficult.

7RR should work against low APM players, but apparently it's countered with a few bunkers at the nat or higher levels of APM, and does cause the player to use the one Rax they techlabed for stim/shields for marauder production rather than more marins.

Earlier in the discussion there was talk of the Eco Baneling Bust. I personally hypothesize that Overseers contaminating a CC that's upgrading to the OC can by you some precious time, while a flock of say 5 Overseers can create an opening to remacro.
30to1
Profile Joined November 2010
105 Posts
December 14 2010 23:00 GMT
#475

There is a massive timing window between 7 and 9 minutes.

That's how you most easily beat this build and why ultimately i don't think it has a lot of longevity. If people are familiar with it - they should know about this fairly significant window and crush it.

Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 23:04:55
December 14 2010 23:02 GMT
#476
replays? Just saying there is a "timing window" is a blanket statement. Name a build/strat in particular.

We've already tested econ roach, econ sling/bling, 1base muta, 1base sling-bling/5RR,7RR. What do you have in mind?
griffith.583 (NA)
30to1
Profile Joined November 2010
105 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 23:09:58
December 14 2010 23:05 GMT
#477
the psystarcraft game is a pretty good example.

the key problem is the expense/income - the point where the build is weakest is between this point as you're still in the red in terms of resources. its the core problem with the build.

EDIT: sorry, not trying to piss on the build or anything - my response was directed at the guy asking how to beat it three posts up. the answer is a strong push between 7 and 9 minutes.
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 23:11:57
December 14 2010 23:10 GMT
#478
On December 15 2010 08:05 30to1 wrote:
the psystarcraft game is a pretty good example.

the key problem is the expense/income - the point where the build is weakest is between this point as you're still in the red in terms of resources. its the core problem with the build.


The Psy vs iEchoic game was a 1base-allin blind infestor rush, and it only worked because iechoic teched late to medivacs/tanks and put up zero bunkers. You don't seem to understand the extremeness and esotericness of Psy's build lol.
griffith.583 (NA)
Bladefury
Profile Joined December 2010
25 Posts
December 14 2010 23:12 GMT
#479
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/116219-1v1-terran-zerg-jungle-basin

My first time trying this build against a 2.2k zerg. I went mmm tanks and planetary fortresses against ling/bling/infestor/ultra.
30to1
Profile Joined November 2010
105 Posts
December 14 2010 23:13 GMT
#480
its actually just because it happened to be a random build that had a strong timing attack during the weakest point in your build.

Just look at your build and ask yourself why there is that window and why its weakest there. Its a fine build - but there is a really potent window there, and that timing is the easiest way to beat it.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft458
CranKy Ducklings48
EnkiAlexander 0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft458
CosmosSc2 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 617
910 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
Counter-Strike
taco 202
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox685
Other Games
summit1g8671
JimRising 607
C9.Mang0338
Maynarde156
ViBE139
Livibee61
ArmadaUGS48
Day[9].tv35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1045
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv35
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 32m
Stellar Fest
11h 32m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.