• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:44
CEST 18:44
KST 01:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8339 users

[G]TvZ Marine/Raven - Page 25

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 41 Next All
BKSandland
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark79 Posts
November 10 2010 17:24 GMT
#481
On November 10 2010 22:40 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Awesome :D Rep or VOD? We should make a Liquipedia article for this eventually if anyone is up for editing TEX.

Does anyone else keep losing their Natural to Roach/Ling all-ins when zerg beats back the first massive Marine/Raven push but still win the game?

I just won a game on Blistering Sands where I went MR and transitioned into a no base float to gold build.


It was on his live stream, im sure you can get the rep if you ask kindly

(be quick though, he didnt save it, so it is in the 'recent' folder)

But it weren't this strat 100% it was MMM+ Mass Raven :D worked out pretty well.
;););)
skatbone
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1005 Posts
November 10 2010 18:13 GMT
#482
On November 10 2010 22:10 BKSandland wrote:
PainUser just won against mTwDimaga, using a marine, rauder, and raven build.
he just massed those auto-turrets, and threw in some medvacs


I saw this match on PainUser's stream early this morning. The stream was so fuzzy that I couldn't make out the opponent-I didn't realize it was Dimaga. Was this a practice match? I had the impression it was.

I really enjoyed PainUser's take on the build. The two spawned on cross positions on Metalopolis. PainUser was a bit less aggressive early and used medivacs mid-game to support his rine/rauder ball.

My favorite technique was his combination of drops on the mineral line of Dimaga with auto-turrets. I'm going to incorporate this technique.

He definitely had mass ravens. I counted at least 12 by the end of the game.

He also used a sweet technique building rax right up against his 3rd (a planetary fortress) to keep ultras from getting a full surround (Dimaga had already taken the planetary out twice with a nasty mix of bling and ultra).

I love this build. I only win about half my games, but it has reinvigorated my desire to play this MU. I've started to incorporate early game tanks to deal with 2 base pressure. The more patient I am in massing ravens before sending them out, the better my results. I've become a fan of the slow turret push.

Thanks, AntisocialMonkey.
Mercurial#1193
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
November 10 2010 21:01 GMT
#483
I asked painuser the replay in his stream thread, hope it's not too late
endder07
Profile Joined April 2007
United States42 Posts
November 10 2010 23:50 GMT
#484
antisocialmonkey, i have been very sucessful with this build, I do have a question however, off topic but TvP I'm looking for a build to master in the same way you desribed this one, TvP is giving me troublesssss
statikg
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada930 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 00:04:16
November 11 2010 00:02 GMT
#485
Heres me losing using the build, let me know what you guys think I did wrong....obviously my marine splitting was awful this game, but other then that what do you think I should have done better?

I usually macro better as well, I got shaken when my expansion got overwhelmed early.

2100 zerg

http://topreplays.com/Replays/Details/3113/iLLmatic_vs_Lostcause
vanTuni
Profile Joined October 2009
389 Posts
November 11 2010 00:49 GMT
#486
thank god. this actually looks REALLY solid. been having immense troubles against zerg and will try to make my practice partner hate this build.

cheers and thanks for the outstanding amount of work you put into this!
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 01:52:36
November 11 2010 01:51 GMT
#487
On November 11 2010 09:02 statikg wrote:
Heres me losing using the build, let me know what you guys think I did wrong....obviously my marine splitting was awful this game, but other then that what do you think I should have done better?

I usually macro better as well, I got shaken when my expansion got overwhelmed early.

2100 zerg

http://topreplays.com/Replays/Details/3113/iLLmatic_vs_Lostcause


That is this case:

+ Show Spoiler +

2 Base, Mass Ground
Go Marine/Tank either off one or in extreme cases 2 factories. Slow push across the map and set up a contain to force an engagement on your terms. Be wary of a counter. You can also use tanks to take a third to force him to expo or come to you. Then transition into Marine/Medivac/Raven off 3 bases to drop Zerg's bases and get your late game Raven fleet up.


Except only mass ling. I've had issues with this as well. It is better to just not do your 2nd push. He also had great timing for the 5 marine push so he has some experience against Mass Marine openings. Any time to see that many lings with your first push, you should play more defensive. Its good to see our zerg buddies figuring out these things well.

It is also dangerous to go for a 2nd reactor and tech quite that early(8 minutes is way too early for your port). You should get out to 5 rax equivalent first, then tech up. This ate into both your marine and SCV count. Pop down your reactors when you do your big 12 minute push and instantly almost double your production. You also skimped on bunkers. You usually want two bunkers on LT because its really hard to cover everything from either Roach or ling run by.

Looks like you were trying some sort of fast Banshee first strategy too. :-\
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
statikg
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada930 Posts
November 11 2010 02:16 GMT
#488
Yep I was experimenting with adding in some banshee play, as you can see it didnt work out that well for me . I do typically use more barracks and less tech as per my last replay on this thread.

I feel really strongly that tanks are not the right response to this case where there were no roaches. Perhaps blue flame hellions would be better suited to dealing with this kind of play. I think that I probably should have pulled back my first 5 marine push when he saw me coming from the towers and amalgamated them into my second push.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 03:57:58
November 11 2010 03:50 GMT
#489
I'm watching Day[9] #214 right now.

All those marines dying instantly is why Medivacs are not useful late game. The 6 Rax + Reactor was pretty glorious late game marine spam :D Want to see more RAVENS though. MUST GET MORE RAVENS.

Oh well, at least late game Mass Marine is getting exposure.

Edit: LOL at 2000 Gas.

Edit:
On November 11 2010 08:50 kayoh.amf wrote:
antisocialmonkey, i have been very sucessful with this build, I do have a question however, off topic but TvP I'm looking for a build to master in the same way you desribed this one, TvP is giving me troublesssss


Publishing build Tonight/Tomorrow.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
MadisonStreet
Profile Joined June 2010
United States161 Posts
November 11 2010 09:44 GMT
#490
Pretty epic game

[image loading]
Set the foundation - Seek the result - Seize the day
Reki
Profile Joined August 2010
Philippines89 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 14:29:57
November 11 2010 14:18 GMT
#491
On November 11 2010 18:44 MadisonStreet wrote:
Pretty epic game

[image loading]

My face when banelings blocked out the sun
[image loading]

Guys, will I die a horrible death if I made like 8-16 pre-ignite hellions when bullshit like this happens to me? They're still the hard counter to lings and blings... aren't they!?
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
November 11 2010 15:13 GMT
#492
Hellions don't do bonus damage to Banelings so no. The best bet are tanks and HSM.

Watching now.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Excellent
Profile Joined November 2010
United States124 Posts
November 11 2010 15:17 GMT
#493
On November 11 2010 18:44 MadisonStreet wrote:
Pretty epic game

[image loading]


Constant 8 rine drops... Something I have to get better at, keeping up the harass.
LoL - TeSPAExcellent | SC2 - MGExcellent
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 16:16:08
November 11 2010 15:37 GMT
#494
Crap. I have never ever seen a good zerg go that hardcore baneling. Edward is a zerg badass.

This is one of those advantage things with mass Raven: turret fields soak banelings and HSM snipes mass blobs of units like banelings.,,

EDIT: Okay, how the hell did you win that. That was amazing. We MUST get Day[9] to cast this replay. Because of the nerdgasms from the mass banelings.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
StormyIC
Profile Joined June 2010
United States11 Posts
November 11 2010 16:08 GMT
#495
On November 11 2010 18:44 MadisonStreet wrote:
Pretty epic game

[image loading]


Observations:

1. Hard game to watch, there was so much back and forth with no sense of control or progress. I was so relieved to see you finally kill the hive, only to realize it didn't matter cause all Z made were lings and blings.

2. Shouldn't there have been some ravens since this is a thread about the Marine/Raven build? I thought I saw you make one but don't remember seeing it get any use. I must have missed it.

3. On a positive note, your marine micro was impressive, at least to my 30 APM skills. I liked all the drops too. Again though I would have liked to see you take ground and hold it. It seems like denying gas would have been a priority to limit bling production. Drop, kill extractors, move on... just a thought.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 16:34:22
November 11 2010 16:22 GMT
#496
Let me up a replay that has be doing refugee Terran to illustrate how good late game Ravens are when you have no resources and Zerg barrels down your door:

http://www.mediafire.com/?semtn84e81btu4t

Who needs drops when you can spam turrets? Yeah I played terrible but mid-diamond zergs love to 2 base all-in vs mass marine.

Also, I don't have time to watch all of KME's stuff so reps:

I believe the last few replays shows you how to deal with mass bling with ravens.


Here are the reps (sadly they are all pre patch now). Some of the opponents are lower than me but some are higher:

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

The last repay is the most recent one, it features killing the first overlord xD and later some nice HSMs.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
-Frog-
Profile Joined February 2009
United States514 Posts
November 11 2010 16:41 GMT
#497
I played a couple of games vs SenorCuidado last night against this strategy and they were definitely some fun games. I think I was most successful when I delayed mutas and got infestors out. I basically skipped blings until I had a solid muta count and a couple of infestors with energy. If you try and get the blings out before you have infestors and mutas to clean up the ravens/medivacs then you are being very inefficient.

I like this style of play because it really comes down to your macro and your unit control which is totally reminiscent of broodwar ZvT.

I'll upload the replays when I get home today, or If Cuidado wants to he can upload them before then.
powered by coffee, driven by hate.
dbosworld
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States317 Posts
November 11 2010 16:50 GMT
#498
On November 10 2010 11:09 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 08:59 dbosworld wrote:
I've played a LOT of Terrans that have been doing this lately... I have yet to lose to it. My muta/ling infestor eats it up. =/

replays ?

I don't often save replays, but I'll dig through them and save any future games like this.

I am a 1850 Zerg Diamond.
Former CAL-I/CPL CounterStrike Player - Halo1PC CPL/CAL Player
robocup30
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada21 Posts
November 11 2010 17:17 GMT
#499
On November 11 2010 09:02 statikg wrote:
Heres me losing using the build, let me know what you guys think I did wrong....obviously my marine splitting was awful this game, but other then that what do you think I should have done better?

I usually macro better as well, I got shaken when my expansion got overwhelmed early.

2100 zerg

http://topreplays.com/Replays/Details/3113/iLLmatic_vs_Lostcause

You never got stim pack, which I think is the biggest mistake. With stimpack, you can really lower the damage you get from banelings. Also, you only got 1 infantry weapon upgrade. Usually, I get 3/3 by 25 min mark (i go double ebay) which can melt any zerg unit that does not have at least 2 armor upgrade. Also banshees against mutas doesn't work very well, especially when your rines doesnt have stim pack and can't kill mutas fast enough for banshees.
Senorcuidado
Profile Joined May 2010
United States700 Posts
November 11 2010 19:07 GMT
#500
On November 12 2010 01:41 frog HERO wrote:
I played a couple of games vs SenorCuidado last night against this strategy and they were definitely some fun games. I think I was most successful when I delayed mutas and got infestors out. I basically skipped blings until I had a solid muta count and a couple of infestors with energy. If you try and get the blings out before you have infestors and mutas to clean up the ravens/medivacs then you are being very inefficient.

I like this style of play because it really comes down to your macro and your unit control which is totally reminiscent of broodwar ZvT.

I'll upload the replays when I get home today, or If Cuidado wants to he can upload them before then.


I'm not sure there's much educational value in those that we played last night lol. I hadn't used the strat in about a week and i was doing some stupid things. I was hoping we could play some good ones to upload tonight, not one sided games but good examples of defense, reaction, micro, etc.

It's probably not worth the trouble to upload games of marines winning at the cs/+1 push or infestors killing one million marines because I couldn't split right. Unless people just want a good chuckle, I guess. I have found that medivacs matter a whole lot though, and hsm can win a game you thought you lost...

Anyway, I think we should get some games that contribute in educational value. There are plenty of standard replays for people to pick through. I want to incorporate some different ideas or transitions
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1132
ComeBackTV 903
SteadfastSC474
TaKeTV 440
LamboSC2377
IndyStarCraft 163
Rex112
EnkiAlexander 53
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 474
LamboSC2 377
mouzHeroMarine 284
IndyStarCraft 163
ProTech151
Rex 112
UpATreeSC 83
BRAT_OK 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32672
Shuttle 1566
EffOrt 895
Light 671
Mini 592
Soma 472
firebathero 284
Rush 212
Snow 191
ZerO 161
[ Show more ]
hero 94
Liquid`Ret 55
sorry 53
Killer 43
Mong 35
ToSsGirL 29
Sexy 23
Terrorterran 22
Trap 20
soO 20
Bale 19
Shine 17
Free 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7008
qojqva1810
Dendi930
420jenkins159
Counter-Strike
fl0m1363
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2119
crisheroes1270
XaKoH 220
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing1743
B2W.Neo1025
Beastyqt571
FrodaN367
ArmadaUGS198
Hui .190
KnowMe122
QueenE100
Mew2King80
Trikslyr62
C9.Mang053
Dewaltoss49
ToD32
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 4
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix14
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3222
• TFBlade1089
Other Games
• imaqtpie391
• Shiphtur237
• WagamamaTV188
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 16m
Stellar Fest
20h 16m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.