• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:25
CEST 18:25
KST 01:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9641 users

[R] Zerg Select Larva ?

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-24 04:30:23
April 23 2010 03:17 GMT
#1
So I've already played a few games with the new patch out. I find the new select larva addition that makes you choose eggs if you have no larva left is the worst mechanic to add. I feel like instead of taking Zerg into the world of SC2, it brings it back down to SC .5. Becuase you can't click S and recieve a larva quickly, I feel like you can't get a continuous stream of drones produced. I feel like I have to know exactly when my larva will pop so that I can get a drone in. If Blizzard was trying to make Zerg easier, I'd just like to point out that for me it makes it ALOT harder. Do any other zergs feel this way? Have any zergs found a way to get it back to the old way, or at least make it less damaging to macro?

I have no problems with the hotkey changes even though they mess up my macro, because I feel like I'll get used to them in time. I feel like I could eventually get to getting my larva timing down Juuuustttttt right, but I might just switch races before then. So I'm somewhat complaining here, but what I'm really trying to ask is, does anyone have any ideas on how this won't annoy us zergs ?

Thanks for all of the support everyone. Thanks alot Zelniq for making this wonderful thread on Battle.net for us. Battle.net Petition Everyone is welcome to post there with their agreement or diagreement with this change. Hopefully we will get Blizzard's attention. Roach nerfs, hydra nerfs, infestor buffs everything with balance is fine. But the zerg will not stand for messed up Larva!!!!!

Good News !
Also, the corresponding problem with currently-morphing Larva (eggs) being selected when you Select Larva with your Hatchery/Lair/Hive is also being addressed, but will not be a part of the fix for Larva cancellation. We're hoping this one will be covered in the patch following the Larva fix.


This quote is from Scroll Down To Blizzards Post
Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
MLG_Wiggin
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States767 Posts
April 23 2010 03:24 GMT
#2
Judging by the games I've seen of you, you've probably earned the right to complain. Yeah, it's pretty annoying and unfortunate. I suppose that makes up for the canceled eggs thing not killing the larvae, though I'd like to see both revert to the old way. It seems like a very unnecessary change, and I can't think of an upside to it.
@DBWiggin, SC2 ref
Attica
Profile Joined February 2010
United States277 Posts
April 23 2010 03:25 GMT
#3
Yeah, sometimes I used to spam S until a larva was made. Now I'll have to press 5S 5S 5S.
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
April 23 2010 03:27 GMT
#4
Ender, yeah the canceled eggs thing never really bothered me, I find it kind of weird u can cancel an egg. In real life if you have an egg and u want it to go back inside the chicken... well yeah. And yes I know SC isn't real life. =)
Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
MementoMori
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada419 Posts
April 23 2010 03:28 GMT
#5
Agreed. Although with the other ridiculous zerg buffs like the cancel egg with no penalty I can't feel like we can complain too much. I almost feel like they did it just to solve the problem of hitting v with no larva and building the overlord drop ability instead. Hopefully they have better reasons haha
for the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
MLG_Wiggin
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States767 Posts
April 23 2010 03:32 GMT
#6
On April 23 2010 12:27 Sheth wrote:
Ender, yeah the canceled eggs thing never really bothered me, I find it kind of weird u can cancel an egg. In real life if you have an egg and u want it to go back inside the chicken... well yeah. And yes I know SC isn't real life. =)


Thank god. I wouldn't want to see something puke everywhere to create more eggs.

On April 23 2010 12:28 MementoMori wrote:
Agreed. Although with the other ridiculous zerg buffs like the cancel egg with no penalty I can't feel like we can complain too much. I almost feel like they did it just to solve the problem of hitting v with no larva and building the overlord drop ability instead. Hopefully they have better reasons haha


I wish they hadn't done that with the eggs. It won't change my game play much at all, but it will definately feed the "Zerg is ezmode" whiners.
@DBWiggin, SC2 ref
StayFrosty
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada743 Posts
April 23 2010 03:32 GMT
#7
I totally agree. Change the hotkey for the overlord upgrade, not the mechanic.
Sent
Profile Joined April 2010
United States120 Posts
April 23 2010 03:32 GMT
#8
It is pretty screwy
I got nothing
shockwave.xpow
Profile Joined March 2010
31 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 03:49:56
April 23 2010 03:46 GMT
#9
(edited out, dunno how to delete)
HeyitsClay
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada336 Posts
April 23 2010 03:50 GMT
#10
i havent got to try this new patch yet but i see the new larva inject thing and this select larva mechanic messin me up.


if it throws me off its a great time to learn a new race atleast. I was at 1700pts with z and if i tried to off race i got rolled so hard at that level lol
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
April 23 2010 03:52 GMT
#11
i just played 2 games and i think my teammate is already tired of listening to me rant about egg selection :/

i keep seeing larvae ready to be morphed but it's really just a couple of eggs chillin' there. ugh.

at least we can select -> esc if we want to cancel right?
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
ThE_OsToJiY
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada1167 Posts
April 23 2010 03:55 GMT
#12
Stop whining!

Kidding, its really annoying because it makes selecting a larvae right as it spawns much more difficult. On a side note, thanks for posting this it reminded me of ur ID.
@ostojiy
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 04:00:14
April 23 2010 03:56 GMT
#13
Nps Ostojiy =)! Add me if you want again, I'm Sheth.root.

As a side point, to all you zerg users the best new thing I've figured out to make this feel a little bit better is : I click the number for my hatch and click s, if I see eggs I do 1s again quickly, and you slightly get used to the fact that you have to watch for either "eggs" or "larva" screen. Its not that helpful, but its something!
Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
creepcolony
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany362 Posts
April 23 2010 04:00 GMT
#14
Oh god ! I havent thought about that. That´s ridiculous. I did sdsdsdsdsdsdsd all the time till my larva spawns. For drone 14 all the f´in time man...oh god..

And why the hell the changed the hotkeys ? Has anyone complained about this ?
I can see me constantly hitting R and spawning no larvae at all..this will probably last for weeks..

Im really upset about this atm..
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
April 23 2010 05:08 GMT
#15
I very much dislike this change, it was un-needed, and badly thought out, cmon blizzard, get your head out of your ass and actually play zerg a couple times...
Feefee
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada556 Posts
April 23 2010 05:28 GMT
#16
I agree that's a change that takes adjustment, but you don't need to know anything about your larva timing. The select larva icon on the hatchery tells you the amount of larvae you have. It does mean you have to look at your bottom right if you're unsure if you have a larva or not but it's better than spamming 4s4s4s4s until you see there's a larva
boxcuttr
Profile Joined April 2010
United States26 Posts
April 23 2010 05:44 GMT
#17
i agree, this mechanic is insanely annoying. i'm used to spamming s continuously to make units as quickly as possible. i honestly thought the spawn larva ability where they popped 1 at a time so if you spammed s you would only get like 2 of them until you re-targetted the hatchery was annoying too. what is the purpose of that spawn larva mechanic or this new one? both are idiotic if you ask me.
_rainier
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6 Posts
April 23 2010 05:51 GMT
#18
Dislike this change.
gaizka
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States991 Posts
April 23 2010 05:57 GMT
#19
On April 23 2010 12:25 Attica wrote:
Yeah, sometimes I used to spam S until a larva was made. Now I'll have to press 5S 5S 5S.


Same here, I hate it
G4MR
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States371 Posts
April 23 2010 05:58 GMT
#20
Yeah I hate it, I accidentally re-rallied my cocoons because of this -.- the way it was before was fine IMO.
www.G4MR.net personal blog!
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem389
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 389
IndyStarCraft 177
Railgan 76
BRAT_OK 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55302
Shuttle 3049
Horang2 495
BeSt 422
Larva 376
ggaemo 227
Soma 179
Mind 154
Dewaltoss 105
Last 89
[ Show more ]
Sexy 87
hero 77
Zeus 73
Killer 46
Hyun 46
Sea.KH 45
ToSsGirL 33
Aegong 31
Bale 27
NaDa 22
PianO 22
Rock 15
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5514
qojqva2931
Dendi1549
420jenkins439
Fuzer 139
Counter-Strike
fl0m3811
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1345
Khaldor1298
Liquid`Hasu1114
MindelVK19
Other Games
singsing1725
FrodaN1515
B2W.Neo1058
byalli953
Beastyqt738
Mlord509
ArmadaUGS194
Hui .177
KnowMe137
QueenE91
Mew2King62
CosmosSc2 28
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick912
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 59
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4033
League of Legends
• Nemesis2820
Other Games
• Shiphtur227
• WagamamaTV219
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 35m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 35m
Replay Cast
6h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 35m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 35m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 35m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.