• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:37
CEST 01:37
KST 08:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8522 users

PvT BO that stomps on bio - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
February 20 2010 14:45 GMT
#21
On February 20 2010 23:21 Islandsnake wrote:
I really don't think I would let a toss get away with only stalkers till collsi on one gate X_x

I usually move out before stim to test the waters...


This is true, if you don't make a lot of zealots terran will boom boom crush you like a noob

Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
February 20 2010 14:46 GMT
#22
Searching TvP practice! My bnet ID is Zoler.zoler!

Anyone who can beat me lets see? (not saying no one can lol!)
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
rest_less
Profile Joined January 2007
Germany142 Posts
February 20 2010 14:47 GMT
#23
i think the viability of this bo most unfortunately highly correlates with your post count. no offense, but sorry dude.
There is nothing more ridicoulus than "trying".
StarBrift
Profile Joined January 2008
Sweden1761 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-20 14:50:06
February 20 2010 14:49 GMT
#24
On February 20 2010 22:53 Floophead_III wrote:
Well if they're going to be aggressive and 1 base, I don't expo until my collosus is started. I've refined what I'm doing since then, it's perfectly safe. PvZ on the other hand, I'm not sure what protoss has going for them....


I think the main question people have with this build is if its at all viable against "The Zatic build" or simply a one base marauder heavy pressure build. Since marauders are so strong early game you really can not judge this strategy without playing against a terran who uses them alot.

I could see this being extremely effective against someone who does reaper harass into just pure marine/medivac but as of now most "high level" terrans seem to mass marauders (and marines).
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
February 20 2010 14:54 GMT
#25
On February 20 2010 23:47 rest_less wrote:
i think the viability of this bo most unfortunately highly correlates with your post count. no offense, but sorry dude.

Hey so do you have a beta key or are you just being a jackass?
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
DrainX
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Sweden3187 Posts
February 20 2010 15:11 GMT
#26
Sending your initial stalkers to outside the terrans base? What if he moves out with his small group of marines and marauders? It's not like you can back up and flee to your base when marauders are slowing you.
lostshard
Profile Joined July 2009
United States95 Posts
February 20 2010 15:28 GMT
#27
Marauders used correctly will really destroy this build. Your harrass will stop as soon as the first marauder comes out (if it was not stopped by a wall off due to not having blink). Also im curious to why blink is left near the end and comes in after 3 extra gateways 2 robotics facilities and robotics bay. The blink should come in way earlier in your build if your going to be spamming stalkers (which is not something I condone). At the start of beta I tried spamming the stalkers and it was less than favorable.

However stalkers are good support/harrass units but as your main force alone leaves you open to hard counters.
The Insane
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-20 16:04:13
February 20 2010 16:03 GMT
#28
IMO any sort of early reaper harass destroys Protoss FE. 3 Reapers can take out all of your pylons within like 30 seconds... and since you probably have your units camped in front of your natural expo, taking out all of your pylons doesn't seem that hard with some micro.
:)
Floophead_III
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1832 Posts
February 20 2010 21:05 GMT
#29
I haven't lost with this. I don't care what you guys think, I produced results so obviously it works. I've fought against early maurader pressure and that first rush I have my collosus out for just in time, then my expo is up, then range finishes and collosi turn into rapefest machines.

I played in platinum league and I've only lost 1 pvt to a banshee build. I think I played about 10.

P.S. I've started getting a slightly earlier 2nd gate, but it kinda sits around idle for a few seconds cause I don't have the gas for 2 gate stalkers with chrono and all the upgrades and tech for collosi, which are like 2x as expensive as reavers were =/

I've updated the BO to reflect the change.
Half man, half bear, half pig.
Kiarip
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1835 Posts
February 20 2010 21:18 GMT
#30
^ replays.

give them
Floophead_III
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1832 Posts
February 20 2010 21:19 GMT
#31
Are you guys retarded? Seriously. I posted replays already and people here are still HURP DURP IT DOESN'T WORK.

I have a lot of respect for the TL community but this thread looks like a dumbass magnet.
Half man, half bear, half pig.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-20 21:31:15
February 20 2010 21:30 GMT
#32
Okay I'm mixed between whether it works and whether it doesn't work.

I watched the games and you played two very passive terran players. They could've pushed out any time. I'll try the build though and see what happens.

The fact that you weren't using Chrono Boost on your nexus in the beginning, (ur first CB was actually on ur gateway/robo) means you were actually playing too slow anyway.

I'll try the build (if I ever find another Terran player again) and post results.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Zhul
Profile Joined February 2010
Czech Republic430 Posts
February 20 2010 21:33 GMT
#33
On February 21 2010 06:19 Floophead_III wrote:
Are you guys retarded? Seriously. I posted replays already and people here are still HURP DURP IT DOESN'T WORK.

I have a lot of respect for the TL community but this thread looks like a dumbass magnet.

Yeah, like everyone wrote no posts = no skill. What a nonsense.
Floophead_III
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1832 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-20 21:35:19
February 20 2010 21:35 GMT
#34
I'll post up a more recent game. My play got a lot better over the night. It was only my first day playing. To be fair, a lot of people won't wanna look into the whole thread for replays. I'll edit them into the first post from now on.
Half man, half bear, half pig.
Eeevil
Profile Joined May 2008
Netherlands359 Posts
February 20 2010 21:41 GMT
#35
On February 21 2010 06:19 Floophead_III wrote:
Are you guys retarded? Seriously. I posted replays already and people here are still HURP DURP IT DOESN'T WORK.

I have a lot of respect for the TL community but this thread looks like a dumbass magnet.


Woa dude easy on the drama. People disagree with you, no big thing
Just keep pwning ppl with your build if it really works that well and lol.
Dance like a butterfly, sting like an Intercontinental Ballistic Nuclear Missle.
nodule
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada931 Posts
February 20 2010 21:44 GMT
#36
Almost every bio pvt game I've seen involves toss having trouble fending off 2-rax aggression, and that's with 2 gates usually. By moving your early stalkers out so aggressively, aren't you vulnerable to reaper harass?
madcow305
Profile Joined January 2010
United States152 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-20 22:14:32
February 20 2010 22:11 GMT
#37
I don't see how Stalkers only beats Marauders.

You said you faced Marauder pressure builds, and that you won because you got your first Colossus out in time.

That's not a Marauder pressure build, that's a Terran mid-game push.

Everyone in the thread disagreeing with you is talking about how you deal with Marauders off 2 or more Rax making a timing push against you before your Colossus tech is done, right around the time your Robo has just started building.

Stalkers are bad vs. Marauders because Marauders are cost-effective vs. Stalkers. Here are the SC2 Armory links for both:

http://www.sc2armory.com/game/terran/units/marauder
http://www.sc2armory.com/game/protoss/units/stalker

Both are considered Armored units, so both do bonus damage vs. each other. However, per resource point, Marauders do more damage and have more HP than Stalkers.

Combining Mineral and Gas cost into one resource, you can see that:

Marauders take 125 resources to build.
Stalkers take 175 resources to build.

Marauders deal 20 damage per shot to Stalkers. That means Marauders deal 0.16 damage per resource point to Stalkers.

Stalkers deal 14 damage per shot to Marauders. That means Stalkers deal 0.08 damage per resource point to Marauders.

Marauders deal twice as much damage as Stalkers per resource point. They both have the same range, and fire at the same rate. Marauders are twice as cost-effective as Stalkers in offensive damage.

Marauders have 125 HP. This means that Marauders have 1 point of HP per resource unit.

Stalkers have 80 Shields and 80 HP, for a total of 160 effective HP. This means that Stalkers have roughly 0.9143 points of HP per resource unit.

Marauders have slightly more HP per resource unit than Stalkers. They both have the same base armor, and both get the same +1 armor per upgrade. However, +1 armor only affects the HP of a Stalker, not the shields, so an armor-upgraded Marauder will be even stronger against a Stalker with armor upgrades.

Marauders also take 30 seconds to build, while a Stalker takes 42 seconds. This means Marauders are more time-efficient than Stalkers as well as being more resource-efficient. Protoss can offset this disadvantage slightly with their Chrono Boost thing, but the Nexus doesn't have infinite energy, and there's still the resource-inefficiency to overcome.

I hope with this analysis, you'll see why your build is so weak vs. either extremely early Marauder pressure, with maybe 3-4 Marauders and some Marines harassing you, and also extremely weak against a M&M timing push that is made before your Robo is even finished, much less your Support Bay.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
February 20 2010 22:48 GMT
#38
I had no gas to get collossus AND stalkers. When I did it got murdered.

Bad build, just saying.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
February 20 2010 22:49 GMT
#39
Some of the flak you're also getting is because you're claiming that your build is invincible against all forms of bio without even have faced the most common bio pressure build. If you can add a replay of you defending against two-rax marine-marauder aggression (early) then it would allay a lot of concerns.
But why?
Floophead_III
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1832 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-20 23:56:15
February 20 2010 23:50 GMT
#40
While marauders are cost effective vs stalkers, you can produce stalkers very quickly with the chrono boost. If it's the most common bio pressure build, why have I never seen it? Doesn't that make it uncommon?

I do see the counterargument people have against this. I don't want to sound stubborn, but results are results and until I do lose I have to disagree with what people say. If anyone wants to play vs me to prove me wrong, by all means please do it. It's beta, the whole point is to figure out what works and what doesn't. I just don't like it when people say "it can't work, your build is terrible" when there are contradictory results.

Edit: I posted a small rep pack of pvts
Half man, half bear, half pig.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE138
PiGStarcraft72
CosmosSc2 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 584
Artosis 539
Rain 242
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever601
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox178
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5409
Other Games
summit1g6883
shahzam571
JimRising 487
C9.Mang0243
ArmadaUGS94
Trikslyr47
Maynarde33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick747
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen188
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
24m
PiGStarcraft72
Kung Fu Cup
11h 24m
Stellar Fest
13h 24m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.