• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:06
CEST 13:06
KST 20:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11750 users

PvT BO that stomps on bio - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
February 20 2010 23:58 GMT
#41
On February 20 2010 20:37 ParanoiaDHerO wrote:
Close because others disagree? You mean like someone in the early days of sc1 would have "disagreed" with a fast expo build? Interesting. Think they have a word for that btw.. I'll let you figure it out.

Yes, EVERYTHING is viable, in some way or another, this game is built on hard and soft counters, every unit has a place somewhere. Have you even played beta? You should play before replying.


You would be smart not to insult a forum moderator. He has played beta becuase he not only made this whole SC2 strat forum but has his own Terran guide.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
lostshard
Profile Joined July 2009
United States95 Posts
February 21 2010 00:07 GMT
#42
On February 21 2010 06:05 Floophead_III wrote:
I haven't lost with this. I don't care what you guys think, I produced results so obviously it works. I've fought against early maurader pressure and that first rush I have my collosus out for just in time, then my expo is up, then range finishes and collosi turn into rapefest machines.

I played in platinum league and I've only lost 1 pvt to a banshee build. I think I played about 10.

P.S. I've started getting a slightly earlier 2nd gate, but it kinda sits around idle for a few seconds cause I don't have the gas for 2 gate stalkers with chrono and all the upgrades and tech for collosi, which are like 2x as expensive as reavers were =/

I've updated the BO to reflect the change.


The real problem here is bolded above. We are just replying with our experiences here and your replays did not address a real early rush. If your going to post a build your going need to convince us or have your replays convince us fully that it would work. Using this as an argument make the discussion one sided.

That being said your build is 4 buildings deep while terrans do not need to go as deep down the tech to counter and pump out enough troops to counter/overwhelm your forces before your build order reaches maturity.
The Insane
ParanoiaDHerO
Profile Joined July 2009
United States183 Posts
February 21 2010 00:28 GMT
#43
On February 21 2010 08:58 3FFA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2010 20:37 ParanoiaDHerO wrote:
Close because others disagree? You mean like someone in the early days of sc1 would have "disagreed" with a fast expo build? Interesting. Think they have a word for that btw.. I'll let you figure it out.

Yes, EVERYTHING is viable, in some way or another, this game is built on hard and soft counters, every unit has a place somewhere. Have you even played beta? You should play before replying.


You would be smart not to insult a forum moderator. He has played beta becuase he not only made this whole SC2 strat forum but has his own Terran guide.


No wai? He made a WHOLE guide about Terran? Two days after beta release none the less? Jee wilikers, I better watch out.

Paranoia's Terran guide.
Build reapers.

Hai look, I made a guide.
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
February 21 2010 00:33 GMT
#44
Ya he did, 2nd page in strat forum.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
February 21 2010 00:58 GMT
#45
I'm a Terran player, and I feel that this wouldn't be exceptionally effective. Granted I obviously cannot say this without a doubt, but I feel that any sort of early game aggression out of 2-3 raxxes would put a severe hurt on you, putting you way behind, or dead.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
February 21 2010 01:00 GMT
#46
I'm a Platinum League Terran currently ranked #3 and I can tell that every Protoss who goes 1 gate -> Nexus dies to every sort of Marine/Marauder or Reaperbuild. There's no way you can defend. I'll the check the replays when I'm at home.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Floophead_III
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1832 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-21 02:05:55
February 21 2010 01:58 GMT
#47
This isn't a 1 gate nexus. This is a 1 gate collosus build. The nexus comes after your tech is secured and any early aggression averted. I don't know why people keep thinking it's 1 gate nexus. I don't even take my nexus off 1 gate with the version I'm using now, I always get a 2nd gate first. I'll double check the BO to make sure I haven't made any stupid mistakes.

edit: added some notes regarding followup.
Half man, half bear, half pig.
G4MR
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States371 Posts
February 22 2010 04:39 GMT
#48
Let me just say, it works against a noob player. I've done it in copper league. (I was like dirt ass bottom on copper rofl, then using a build like this I got to rank 49) So it works against beginners. Not so much against people who double barracks. You just don't have that much time to get a colossus out and stalkers like you would want. But if you quick tech to twilight I guess it's possible to tweak where needed. Maybe change it to double gate early gas. (Two zealots + Sentry) then pump out stalkers like no tomorrow.
www.G4MR.net personal blog!
Rothbardian
Profile Joined January 2010
United States497 Posts
February 22 2010 04:45 GMT
#49
Let me just say I disagree with your theory Floop. I don't want to give away my strategy that I'll be employing once I get in Beta, but there is one unit you are overlooking that changes the whole dynamic of PvT :p
"A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state." - Isabel Paterson <3
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
February 22 2010 04:52 GMT
#50
So has any one found a counter to 2rax marauder build or are people just flaming this guy for trying?
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Floophead_III
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1832 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-22 05:23:20
February 22 2010 05:22 GMT
#51
This is the counter to all 1 base TvP nonmech builds. I just played some games vs Torch and he managed to beat me a couple times with his thor push with raven and ghost. It's a good build. However, I simply skipped coli range for another coli and I won easily after that. Particle is useful for killing 1 coli but if you have more colis than he has thors you can't lose to that push. That being said, you can still use the push to get map control to expo without actually engaging.

All the 2-3 rax builds I've seen fail pretty hard vs this build. The first coli is out way too fast, and it can just cliff abuse all day to slaughter the advancing army.

I don't know why people don't believe me, because until Torch's thor push I never lost a game with it to a bio based build, and even then I proved that it does beat his extremely strong push. In fact you could probably get 2 coli before range if you want to be extra safe vs any build, although the range allows you to kill bunkers missile turrets and fortresses so that's why I have been getting it earlier (to punish expands without seige tanks).

edit: I haven't seen this vs any factory based play, it did fail pretty hard vs banshees but you should never do this build if you scout banshees with your obs anyways.
Half man, half bear, half pig.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-22 05:41:38
February 22 2010 05:40 GMT
#52
On February 22 2010 13:52 HazMat wrote:
So has any one found a counter to 2rax marauder build or are people just flaming this guy for trying?


stalkers with sentry support until you get charge for zealots. Work off 3 gates. If you can fend properly go for the expansion.

You need to really be able to outnumber the M&M... even a couple of seconds off and you won't last.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Floophead_III
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1832 Posts
February 22 2010 05:49 GMT
#53
Wrong wrong wrong. My build works. If you are losing it's because of improper use of chrono = less units/slower coli. I have SO many replays proving this.
Half man, half bear, half pig.
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-22 06:30:38
February 22 2010 06:27 GMT
#54
I lost to a similar build earlier tonight against a #1 ranked platinum toss Azz. I felt pretty helpless. I think maybe if I had better unit positioning when he attacked and could have spread out my army better I may have done better. I went with a medivac build and he made it pretty much impossible to do any damage with a 16 marine drop.

After that game I tried a fast expansion build with fairly quick vikings/ raven. Threw down raven ability that absorbs attacks from photons/stalker, picked off colossus with vikings, and gtfo. I don't think they can have too many stalkers if they are getting 3+ colossus so the raven thing should last a while. This worked against a platinum, but he was a pretty mediocre platinum. Going to try it more tomorrow.
#1 Kwanro Fan
Floophead_III
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1832 Posts
February 22 2010 06:35 GMT
#55
Well, this build is designed to fight the bio aggression play that is seen by 99% of all terrans. What I do vs a fast expo is go straight into nexus off the obs and don't even get a collosus if I don't scout bio play. I get immortals instead. In the event you do already have the bat basically done, it doesn't hurt to get a collosus, especially cause you can use to harass the natural/main pretty easily on most of these maps. Of course expand before 2nd gateway and don't bother pumping more collosi, you don't wanna fall behind.

On a side note, Azz raped me a pvp, he's a good player. I didn't know on scrap yard 1 gate tech has enough time to fight off a 2 gate =P
Half man, half bear, half pig.
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-22 06:42:25
February 22 2010 06:41 GMT
#56
Well I still got a LOT of bio. I just delayed medivacs and went to viking/ravens. I just kept it in my base until the colossi were taken out and then I moved out for the win.

But again, it probably wouldn't work against a better player. It seems sorta effective and it is funny though
#1 Kwanro Fan
JustWeird
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2010-02-22 06:53:19
February 22 2010 06:51 GMT
#57
First of all I don't have beta so feel free to stomp on me, call me names.. etc.

Some of the major complaints about this build are the facts that the entire army shares an armor type that is weak to marauders and the build takes quite a lot of gas. Based on this, wouldn't it theoretically be better to go for a more zealot based army rather than a stalker based one?

This would allow a less imbalanced army (difference in armor types) as well as less strained gas. You could use gas on teching and any extra could be used on a few stalkers/sentries for support.

Like I said before, I don't have beta so this whole theory is probably worthless At least food for thought?
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-22 06:55:08
February 22 2010 06:53 GMT
#58
On February 22 2010 15:51 JustWeird wrote:
First of all I don't have beta so feel free to stomp on me, call me names.. etc.

Some of the major complaints about this build is the fact that the entire army shares an armor type that is weak to marauders as well as the fact that the build takes quite a lot of gas. Based on these facts, wouldn't it theoretically be better to go for a more zealot based army rather than a stalker based one?

This would allow a less imbalanced army (difference in armor types) as well as less strained gas. You could use all gas on teching and any extra could be used on a few stalkers/sentries for support.

Like I said before, I don't have beta so this whole theory is probably worthless At least food for thought?



Marauders only deal 10 damage to immortals, take a ton of damage from immortals, have 600 range which makes it VERY hard to hit collosi without perfect positioning, and collosi do a ton of damage to marauders as well in a huge line.

In day[9]'s show last night he went over this match up and also had a similar build order for toss as this one. His show ended with him having counters to what terran did, but I don't think he really had any counters for toss deciding to counter the terran with more immortals or more colossi.
#1 Kwanro Fan
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-22 07:02:41
February 22 2010 06:58 GMT
#59
Have none of you actually watch Day[9]'s cast today? Terran going 2 rax M&M can not only fend off most stuff coming at him early on from the Protoss (hi Immortals), he can safely expand and even apply pressure.
To stop 2 base Terran bio Protoss needs to rush (literaly) for colossuses just to survive the early-mid game and hope that T won't add banshee's or tanks to the mix later on as it's going to just rape zealot/colossus combo.

It's all just an unfinished theory because there still has to be found some reasonable mid-game switch for both races that would allow for a transition to lategame. From what I saw so far most games end rather fast (ie. someone has better unit composition in the initial fight = game over).
There's still a lot of time/effort needed to establish a 'safe' or 'standard' builds for all matchups that would allow for the game to develop a bit more.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-22 07:02:19
February 22 2010 07:01 GMT
#60
You do know day[9] lost the game he fast expanded. He didn't know what to do after that and never gave any answer other then "thors!".


His cast was why I tried fast expo into raven/ viikings though.
#1 Kwanro Fan
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings99
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko188
ProTech132
SHIN 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1206
Mind 975
Shuttle 887
Bisu 761
Larva 608
Mini 173
EffOrt 121
Soma 121
Leta 105
Last 97
[ Show more ]
Britney 94
Zeus 90
Hyun 79
ZerO 62
Pusan 59
Sexy 49
sorry 43
PianO 41
Trap 40
Hm[arnc] 39
Killer 33
Bale 30
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 18
hero 13
yabsab 12
Sacsri 11
Noble 8
JulyZerg 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe621
XaKoH 459
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1439
Other Games
gofns34610
singsing2272
crisheroes293
B2W.Neo252
OGKoka 201
Mew2King125
ArmadaUGS71
Livibee54
ZerO(Twitch)5
DeMusliM2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream181
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• Gemini_19 23
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8444
League of Legends
• Jankos1416
• Stunt848
Other Games
• WagamamaTV9
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 55m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 55m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.