• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:16
CEST 01:16
KST 08:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8773 users

[M] (2) The Belly of the Beast - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
KingCorwin
Profile Joined February 2013
United States134 Posts
May 05 2013 09:14 GMT
#21
On May 05 2013 03:20 llIH wrote:
I thought it was a level in WoL first! :D
But yes I liked this map.

haha yeah I found that out after I published this map. I'm pretty awful with names to be honest.
Corwin#12780
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
May 05 2013 10:05 GMT
#22
Looking a lot nicer mate. Aesthetics looks quite pretty in places too, I like how the towering rocks outside the bounds still throw shadows making it actually look a little more cave-like.
Retired Mapmaker™
KingCorwin
Profile Joined February 2013
United States134 Posts
May 12 2013 03:14 GMT
#23
A quick bump to mention this map is now published across the globe.
Corwin#12780
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
May 12 2013 22:54 GMT
#24
I just realized.. you used light regions, right? :O
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
KingCorwin
Profile Joined February 2013
United States134 Posts
May 13 2013 01:07 GMT
#25
On May 13 2013 07:54 Meltage wrote:
I just realized.. you used light regions, right? :O

I did not, for I do not know what those actually do!
Corwin#12780
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
May 13 2013 01:34 GMT
#26
My favorite implementation of gold bases yet.
SC2 Mapmaker
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
May 13 2013 11:22 GMT
#27
The paths seem a bit narrow but I like it.
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
May 14 2013 07:28 GMT
#28
On May 13 2013 10:07 KingCorwin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 07:54 Meltage wrote:
I just realized.. you used light regions, right? :O

I did not, for I do not know what those actually do!


I havnt tried use them on a melee map yet, but bascially you can paint different lighting settings, similar to how you would paint a texture. You can bascially use different lighting colors and exposure (up to 5 different settings I think). I thought you might have used it for the lighter areas, where it looks almost like light is coming in from above, while the rest lies in shadow.
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-14 11:06:06
May 14 2013 11:04 GMT
#29
looks good, but looks basically the same gameplay as neo planet S imo

Put some gimmicks on it http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=410052
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
KingCorwin
Profile Joined February 2013
United States134 Posts
May 14 2013 20:45 GMT
#30
On May 14 2013 16:28 Meltage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 10:07 KingCorwin wrote:
On May 13 2013 07:54 Meltage wrote:
I just realized.. you used light regions, right? :O

I did not, for I do not know what those actually do!


I havnt tried use them on a melee map yet, but bascially you can paint different lighting settings, similar to how you would paint a texture. You can bascially use different lighting colors and exposure (up to 5 different settings I think). I thought you might have used it for the lighter areas, where it looks almost like light is coming in from above, while the rest lies in shadow.


I'm going to have to expiremnt with this, as is the lore with this map, there are holes in the ceiling allowing snow to come in and freeze over the cave :3
Corwin#12780
CrystalDrag
Profile Joined July 2010
173 Posts
May 15 2013 00:39 GMT
#31
Main to Nat distance... Is quite long compared to other currently played maps. o.o
Can a reaper jump the cliff at the SE backdoor?.
Feel like the gold expansions will never be taken...But double expanding may do the trick. :D
I dont think middle will be used as much.. sorta like Neo Planet S
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
May 15 2013 01:36 GMT
#32
On May 14 2013 16:28 Meltage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 10:07 KingCorwin wrote:
On May 13 2013 07:54 Meltage wrote:
I just realized.. you used light regions, right? :O

I did not, for I do not know what those actually do!


I havnt tried use them on a melee map yet, but bascially you can paint different lighting settings, similar to how you would paint a texture. You can bascially use different lighting colors and exposure (up to 5 different settings I think). I thought you might have used it for the lighter areas, where it looks almost like light is coming in from above, while the rest lies in shadow.

Wow I really need to try this out. I thought it regions like sharp boundaries for cutscenes and stuff.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE137
CosmosSc2 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 594
Artosis 553
910 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever623
League of Legends
JimRising 550
Counter-Strike
minikerr17
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5910
Other Games
summit1g7752
shahzam570
C9.Mang0282
ArmadaUGS82
Trikslyr44
ZombieGrub30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick547
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen256
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
44m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 44m
Stellar Fest
13h 44m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.