• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:06
CEST 13:06
KST 20:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9008 users

[M] (2) Crux Frost - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
August 25 2013 23:50 GMT
#61
I agree, i think adding the watchtowers to frozen is far worse than what they did to Yeonsu, in yeonsu the flow of the map and army positioning stays the same with these rocks and the semi islands, but in frozen the army positioning changes drastically with these xel'naga watch towers, if these where destructible or timed xel'nagas then the map wouldn't get stagnated in the lategame, but they are not ~.~
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
August 26 2013 07:58 GMT
#62
The most important thing is that the Christmas tree is saved. Hallelujah!
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
myRZeth
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1047 Posts
August 26 2013 14:53 GMT
#63
I hate that map so much
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
August 26 2013 14:59 GMT
#64
I have to say, despite the map being utterly generic, playing games on it does give me that old Typhoon Peaks vibe again back when the game was still about zealot runbies and warp prism harass, contrary to most modern maps there are indeed so many different avenues of attack to take to specific places.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
yakitate304
Profile Joined April 2009
United States655 Posts
August 26 2013 15:39 GMT
#65
On August 26 2013 08:48 Sumadin wrote:
They seem to have purpose enough to me. A single unit is enough to cover each bridge. But their is still options to go around on the outer bridges which is always nice.

You can agree with them or not, but i would not really say they are purposeless. It seems fairly obvious.

The thing is, a single unit was enough to cover each bridge BEFORE the Watchtowers were added, which still promotes map awareness without letting players be lazy about it and gaining extra vision.
Yaki's Streaming Madness: twitch.tv/YakiSC ||| FRB Grand Tournament Organizer ||| @YakiStarCraft ||| Youtube.com/YakiStarCraft
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
August 26 2013 16:42 GMT
#66
So now the LOS blockers with it provide positional advantage and more interesting terrain play. I just lost a PvT because a Terran used the blockers against me, had a raven so I couldn't get vision in the bush were all the ghosts were but I had to attack and got stomped, really cool play.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-21 09:42:35
September 21 2013 09:30 GMT
#67
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 21 2013 18:12 Semmo wrote:
No Totalbiscuit Post on Frost... Please post on my map too. Thanks.

Also, I mean obviously there are some map flaws to Yeonsu, which gives advantage to certain races. And I don't know if the map makes those map flaws in delibration or whatever. But the map is different from the rest of the map pool, which isn't so bad.
And it's too late to change it, since Blizzard really didn't test it or consult anyone.

My suggestions:

- Remove towers
- Add another pathway on the sides of map
- Fix main ramp
- Fix Main, make map bigger or something

I've voted for your map in the TLMC but I've always felt that something was missing something
Eventhough the map is really big, I see a ton of one sided games on this map and very few great macro games like we used to see on whirlwind or Taldarim altar. There's something wrong with this map imo (It's usually some 2 or 3 base aggression and a player gets his 4th base when the opponent is almost dead). I don't think that blizzard will make any major change to it but they should.
At the moment it's way too easy to attack the third base while denying/harrassing the 4th and taking a 5th base isn't even a possibility

Semmo, are you ok with the kind of games that are played or your map or did you expect it to be the new macro game map replacing whirlwind ? What changes would you make (if you think the map needs some changes) ?
rly ?
Semmo
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)627 Posts
September 21 2013 09:40 GMT
#68
LOL I meant TotalBiscuit to comment on my map, it's ok you don't have to bump it xD

I guess most of the games you see only go to 3 Bases but in the Pro games that I have seen (RSL and GSL and stuff), game went to 4 Bases+. I think currently Watchtower is pretty bad, so next season the watchtowers will probably be removed. I asked Blizzard at least.

Also, my map isn't supposed to replace whirlwind. It is supposed to show very different play depending on spawns. My plan was:

Horizontal: Quite agressive, but you can still take 4th. It should play out like Newkirk, but with opportunities to create flanks or counter attacks through the bridge. Also you could actually both take the bases near the bridge, which can create tension.

Vertical: Focus is on two attack paths, which I see being used a lot (one thing I'm happy about). I didn't think 4th would be taken as much as horizontal or diagonal, as it is quite far away. (But still I don't think it's harder than, say, Antiga for example).

Diagonal: This spawn I guessed would have more macro.

So yeah. I didn't think it would create 4base + games on vertical, but on 3 bases it is still "macro", I think.
And hopefully as the map gets played a lot (200+ games) It will be what I expected.
Mapmaker of Frost, Fruitland and Bridgehead
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-21 09:47:21
September 21 2013 09:46 GMT
#69
I'm not TB but even without your message I would have bumped it (consider that if TB isn't whining on this thread, you did a good job !)
The way people play on this map eventhough it's huge has always bugged me.
rly ?
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
September 21 2013 14:51 GMT
#70
I find that people are really not adapting to maps, whenever I get a Zerg on horizontal position I win because they build the base that is close to me which allows me to siege it from above with my ranged units. Overall when I first saw the map I did not like it that much, but after so many games on it, its my favorite map on the pool.
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
September 21 2013 17:28 GMT
#71
On September 21 2013 23:51 moskonia wrote:
I find that people are really not adapting to maps, whenever I get a Zerg on horizontal position I win because they build the base that is close to me which allows me to siege it from above with my ranged units. Overall when I first saw the map I did not like it that much, but after so many games on it, its my favorite map on the pool.

Yeah, I played a zerg that sixpooled here thinking it was cross only. Turns out we were cross positions! I still won but the way people play on this map is so dumb haha.
SC2 Mapmaker
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 21 2013 17:35 GMT
#72
On September 21 2013 23:51 moskonia wrote:
I find that people are really not adapting to maps, whenever I get a Zerg on horizontal position I win because they build the base that is close to me which allows me to siege it from above with my ranged units. Overall when I first saw the map I did not like it that much, but after so many games on it, its my favorite map on the pool.

Yeah, it is kind of funny how zergs keep on thinking it is cross only and go on with this close-to-horizontal-spawn base. And yes, it is sick map (zerg player here).
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
September 21 2013 17:48 GMT
#73
I continue to have great games on this map. The early game doesn't really vary between positions as much as I thought it might, but the 3rd base pressure phase of the game obviously varies a lot depending on positions. The lategame gets very interesting at 5+ bases where you have to guard two sides of the map. Counterthreats are very well rewarded in terms of positional jockeying.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
September 26 2013 01:34 GMT
#74
On September 21 2013 18:46 algue wrote:
I'm not TB but even without your message I would have bumped it (consider that if TB isn't whining on this thread, you did a good job !)
The way people play on this map eventhough it's huge has always bugged me.


"Professional commentators are not allowed opinions on maps" - Random Teamliquid posters
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
September 26 2013 01:52 GMT
#75
On September 26 2013 10:34 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 18:46 algue wrote:
I'm not TB but even without your message I would have bumped it (consider that if TB isn't whining on this thread, you did a good job !)
The way people play on this map eventhough it's huge has always bugged me.


"Professional commentators are not allowed opinions on maps" - Random Teamliquid posters

Yep you nailed it!

+ Show Spoiler +
Any place where i can see/hear the exact reasons why you personally don't like this map TB?
(i could search them by myself but i haven't had lots of time lately)
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
September 26 2013 03:00 GMT
#76
On September 26 2013 10:52 Uvantak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2013 10:34 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On September 21 2013 18:46 algue wrote:
I'm not TB but even without your message I would have bumped it (consider that if TB isn't whining on this thread, you did a good job !)
The way people play on this map eventhough it's huge has always bugged me.


"Professional commentators are not allowed opinions on maps" - Random Teamliquid posters

Yep you nailed it!

+ Show Spoiler +
Any place where i can see/hear the exact reasons why you personally don't like this map TB?
(i could search them by myself but i haven't had lots of time lately)


I actually like Frost, I dunno where he got that from. My players like it too. My concern was over Yeonsu, which resulted in people calling me terrible and disregarding my opinion, so I provided quotes from pro-players that backed it up.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
September 26 2013 03:05 GMT
#77
I've been having some really great ZvT's on this map. Most usually play to the late game and even had some go into the ultra late game. The towers are too powerful though, didn't like their addition
Retired Mapmaker™
Timetwister22
Profile Joined March 2011
United States538 Posts
September 26 2013 03:18 GMT
#78
On September 26 2013 12:05 eTcetRa wrote:
I've been having some really great ZvT's on this map. Most usually play to the late game and even had some go into the ultra late game. The towers are too powerful though, didn't like their addition


I actually really like them a lot because of their power. They encourage the use of the side paths, as well as more harass such as drops. Additionally, they make the middle something to fight for in long macro games, which isn't seen on hardly any other map.
Former ESV Mapmaker | @Timetwister22
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
September 26 2013 03:34 GMT
#79
On September 26 2013 12:18 Timetwister22 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2013 12:05 eTcetRa wrote:
I've been having some really great ZvT's on this map. Most usually play to the late game and even had some go into the ultra late game. The towers are too powerful though, didn't like their addition


I actually really like them a lot because of their power. They encourage the use of the side paths, as well as more harass such as drops. Additionally, they make the middle something to fight for in long macro games, which isn't seen on hardly any other map.

I can definitely see both sides of this viewpoint. While I don't really like them in concept, overall I think I they are a good thing for the map. Crucially, it is hard to just camp out in the middle on the towers, because you'll get harassed or beaten back, so it's an active late game asset and not something for the player with the lead to lean on.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Semmo
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)627 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-26 05:08:20
September 26 2013 05:08 GMT
#80
YES! THANK YOU TOTALBISCUIT!! :D MY MAP IS FAMOUSSS

P.S. HUGE FAN BTW.
Mapmaker of Frost, Fruitland and Bridgehead
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko287
SpeCial 77
ProTech38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15597
firebathero 2332
Bisu 1007
Hyuk 656
Horang2 501
Larva 313
BeSt 258
Light 211
Mini 203
EffOrt 148
[ Show more ]
Soma 130
Rush 101
Leta 89
Barracks 78
ZerO 68
Mong 61
Pusan 54
Killer 49
ToSsGirL 42
Sharp 39
Shinee 36
Snow 33
Aegong 31
Mind 29
NaDa 27
Sexy 26
sorry 21
Bale 20
Hm[arnc] 19
zelot 18
Sacsri 16
Noble 15
Terrorterran 14
JulyZerg 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Dota 2
XaKoH 296
Fuzer 181
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss876
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1141
Khaldor1033
Other Games
gofns30388
singsing1935
olofmeister1117
B2W.Neo244
Mew2King84
Livibee65
ArmadaUGS39
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream191
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH121
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 55m
OSC
10h 55m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 55m
Online Event
23h 55m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.