• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:25
CEST 02:25
KST 09:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8844 users

MotM ProAm: Results! - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
SigmaFiE
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States333 Posts
August 11 2012 15:27 GMT
#21
On August 11 2012 20:34 OxyGenesis wrote:
For me, this contest has been about learning, not winning. And in that regard I think the contest was a massive success. I never expected my map to even get picked, let alone finish as runner up, I remember drawing the layout on a scrap of paper and thinking 'one day I'll learn the editor and make that map'. Congrats to eTcetRa and Ragoo, Orbit Brutus is a seriously cool map. Personally I thought Scorp and TimeTwister were going to get it, but as I said before; this contest isn't about the winning. Overall, I think this contest has been great for all involved.

I'd like to echo Icetoad in asking for the replays, I would love to see some master level games on my map.


Do not think I could have worded it better myself. I know I learned A LOT from NullCurrent in the short amount of time he and I had to work together -- and I DEFINITELY intend to take that and continue with it. Big congratulations to eTcetRa and Ragoo.
https://johnemerson.artstation.com/
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-11 20:37:15
August 11 2012 19:28 GMT
#22
Congratz! Well deserved.

eTcetRa can no longer call himself amateur, not that he ever should've, cause he was a sick nerd baller to begin with.
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
SeinGalton
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
South Africa387 Posts
August 11 2012 19:31 GMT
#23
Very well deserved, it really was my favourite all along. I'm glad it won!
They're coming to get you, Barbara.
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
August 11 2012 19:37 GMT
#24
Congrats to our winners!

Any chance at seeing those replays?
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
August 11 2012 19:54 GMT
#25
I feel like this was more of a aesthetic contest
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-11 20:38:18
August 11 2012 20:37 GMT
#26
On August 12 2012 04:54 IronManSC wrote:
I feel like this was more of a aesthetic contest


electras map certainly has the very best aesthetics, but the runner up is not as great imo.

Additionally, the actual gameplay is pretty much impossible to test. All of these maps COULD be the best map ever made but we don´t know.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
August 11 2012 22:03 GMT
#27
good choices, cant wait for the next lot of proam.
Live Fast Die Young :D
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
August 11 2012 22:50 GMT
#28
On August 12 2012 04:54 IronManSC wrote:
I feel like this was more of a aesthetic contest

lol
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
August 11 2012 23:09 GMT
#29
lol dat feel when everyone didn't wanna work with ragoo and he won :D jk we all love you ragoo <3

congratz to the winners! all the maps look really well done now and very good! everyone is a winner in my book!
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Freeze967
Profile Joined August 2011
United States230 Posts
August 12 2012 00:02 GMT
#30
Plexa, I like your guys job with the maps so far. Thanks for spending time on this, new maps are a good thing.

Just wondering, what are the 1v1 leagues for the judges? Are we allowed to know? Thanks.
ArcticRaven
Profile Joined August 2011
France1406 Posts
August 12 2012 00:18 GMT
#31
On August 12 2012 05:37 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 04:54 IronManSC wrote:
I feel like this was more of a aesthetic contest


electras map certainly has the very best aesthetics, but the runner up is not as great imo.

Additionally, the actual gameplay is pretty much impossible to test. All of these maps COULD be the best map ever made but we don´t know.


They say they tested it with high masters.
[Govie] Wierd shit, on a 6 game AP winning streak with KOTL in the trench. I searched gandalf quotes and spammed them all game long, trenchwarfare247, whateva it takes!
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-12 01:27:45
August 12 2012 01:27 GMT
#32
On August 12 2012 09:02 Freeze967 wrote:
Plexa, I like your guys job with the maps so far. Thanks for spending time on this, new maps are a good thing.

Just wondering, what are the 1v1 leagues for the judges? Are we allowed to know? Thanks.

NMJ/Monk/Me are all Masters. NMJ/Monk are far better than me though, probably high masters whereas these days I'm probably midmaster. The people I played them with are high master-mid master
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
August 12 2012 01:30 GMT
#33
On August 12 2012 09:02 Freeze967 wrote:
Plexa, I like your guys job with the maps so far. Thanks for spending time on this, new maps are a good thing.

Just wondering, what are the 1v1 leagues for the judges? Are we allowed to know? Thanks.

I'm not sure that it's relevant, but this is me: http://sc2ranks.com/us/542163/SCSLyra.
I'd say though that of the judges my playing skill is the least important. I'd say that makes up maybe a third of my judging capacity and that my experience as a former (or current if monitor has his way) mapper and map analyzer makes up the rest. My understanding of the game only subtly effects what I make of a map, I think.
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
August 12 2012 11:58 GMT
#34
Wasn't actually expecting this! There are so many good maps that come out of this motm.
Retired Mapmaker™
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
August 12 2012 12:50 GMT
#35
On August 12 2012 09:18 ArcticRaven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 05:37 Aunvilgod wrote:
On August 12 2012 04:54 IronManSC wrote:
I feel like this was more of a aesthetic contest


electras map certainly has the very best aesthetics, but the runner up is not as great imo.

Additionally, the actual gameplay is pretty much impossible to test. All of these maps COULD be the best map ever made but we don´t know.


They say they tested it with high masters.


High EU Masters =|= highest level. You can´t compare EU high master Terrans to GSL Terrans, it is totally different. Even outside of Korea there are hardly any Terrans able to keep up.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
August 12 2012 13:08 GMT
#36
On August 12 2012 21:50 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 09:18 ArcticRaven wrote:
On August 12 2012 05:37 Aunvilgod wrote:
On August 12 2012 04:54 IronManSC wrote:
I feel like this was more of a aesthetic contest


electras map certainly has the very best aesthetics, but the runner up is not as great imo.

Additionally, the actual gameplay is pretty much impossible to test. All of these maps COULD be the best map ever made but we don´t know.


They say they tested it with high masters.


High EU Masters =|= highest level. You can´t compare EU high master Terrans to GSL Terrans, it is totally different. Even outside of Korea there are hardly any Terrans able to keep up.


I dont think you need the highest level of players to notice everything in a map.

Anyway, even the highest level players of sc2 disagree on stuff, so its not even possible that all of them could be right.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
August 12 2012 13:10 GMT
#37
On August 12 2012 21:50 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 09:18 ArcticRaven wrote:
On August 12 2012 05:37 Aunvilgod wrote:
On August 12 2012 04:54 IronManSC wrote:
I feel like this was more of a aesthetic contest


electras map certainly has the very best aesthetics, but the runner up is not as great imo.

Additionally, the actual gameplay is pretty much impossible to test. All of these maps COULD be the best map ever made but we don´t know.


They say they tested it with high masters.


High EU Masters =|= highest level. You can´t compare EU high master Terrans to GSL Terrans, it is totally different. Even outside of Korea there are hardly any Terrans able to keep up.

What are you trying to suggest? That we don't play any games on them because we suck?

These maps are unlikely to be used in any serious competitive tournament, at least, not without some further revisions. The decisions about whether maps were fun or not (or balanced or not) don't have any serious ramifications outside of deciding winners for this contest. And really, I'm okay with having masters level players give it the thumbs up or not for the purposes of the competition. As I've tried to stress throughout, if I could achieve some level of learning with this contest then it would be a success in my book - anything else is a bonus. If this were a tournament trying to find the next ladder map no doubt we'd call in an appropriate skill level of players to help make that decision.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
August 12 2012 15:33 GMT
#38
would you guyz be doing another proam but with the none winners ? i feel like some of them really felt they needed to learn something x
Live Fast Die Young :D
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
August 12 2012 16:27 GMT
#39
is there a thread for fissure? just curious how you ffe on that map
starleague forever
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-12 17:35:28
August 12 2012 17:34 GMT
#40
On August 12 2012 22:10 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 21:50 Aunvilgod wrote:
On August 12 2012 09:18 ArcticRaven wrote:
On August 12 2012 05:37 Aunvilgod wrote:
On August 12 2012 04:54 IronManSC wrote:
I feel like this was more of a aesthetic contest


electras map certainly has the very best aesthetics, but the runner up is not as great imo.

Additionally, the actual gameplay is pretty much impossible to test. All of these maps COULD be the best map ever made but we don´t know.


They say they tested it with high masters.


High EU Masters =|= highest level. You can´t compare EU high master Terrans to GSL Terrans, it is totally different. Even outside of Korea there are hardly any Terrans able to keep up.

What are you trying to suggest? That we don't play any games on them because we suck?

These maps are unlikely to be used in any serious competitive tournament, at least, not without some further revisions. The decisions about whether maps were fun or not (or balanced or not) don't have any serious ramifications outside of deciding winners for this contest. And really, I'm okay with having masters level players give it the thumbs up or not for the purposes of the competition. As I've tried to stress throughout, if I could achieve some level of learning with this contest then it would be a success in my book - anything else is a bonus. If this were a tournament trying to find the next ladder map no doubt we'd call in an appropriate skill level of players to help make that decision.


I don´t want to criticize anything. Its not like I have a better idea myself. I was just my random thoughts thrown out there.

Here is the original thread for Fissure:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=351234
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2235
Artosis 683
White-Ra 109
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever580
NeuroSwarm183
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv212
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe155
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr111
Other Games
summit1g8398
shahzam603
JimRising 543
C9.Mang0339
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick783
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream324
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 113
• davetesta22
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 35m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 35m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.