• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:56
CEST 04:56
KST 11:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9662 users

[M] (2) ESV Bloody Ridge AE

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
July 30 2012 00:14 GMT
#1
[image loading]
[image loading]

ESV Bloody Ridge AE


Bloody Ridge, a remake of the brood war map, is a SC2 map featured in the ESV Anniversary Edition map pack. The map design uses many new elements in map design, such as a flat main choke. Other examples are the island expansions located in the center, the inbase natural, and the lowground main.

ESV AE2 Mappack

[image loading]
Playable Bounds: 144x120
Textures: Belshir, Aiur

The map can be found on NA, EU, KOR, and SEA under "ESV Bloody Ridge AE".

[image loading]
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
essencesc2
Profile Joined May 2012
United States18 Posts
July 30 2012 00:20 GMT
#2
the zerg can take that creep base without destroying the tumor o_O
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
July 30 2012 00:23 GMT
#3
On July 30 2012 09:20 essencesc2 wrote:
the zerg can take that creep base without destroying the tumor o_O


Imagine what would happen if they couldn't ^^
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
July 30 2012 00:50 GMT
#4
On July 30 2012 09:23 monitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 09:20 essencesc2 wrote:
the zerg can take that creep base without destroying the tumor o_O


Imagine what would happen if they couldn't ^^

Out of curiosity, what caused the tumour to be deemed necessary?
Twitter: @iamcaustic
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
July 30 2012 00:57 GMT
#5
On July 30 2012 09:50 stormfoxSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 09:23 monitor wrote:
On July 30 2012 09:20 essencesc2 wrote:
the zerg can take that creep base without destroying the tumor o_O


Imagine what would happen if they couldn't ^^

Out of curiosity, what caused the tumour to be deemed necessary?


4-Gates in PvP. And just in general, proxy pylons warping into the main would be very annoying and potentially imbalanced.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
NapkinBox
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States314 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 01:01:03
July 30 2012 00:59 GMT
#6
I can't tell from the picture. Is the main ramp blocked by rocks?

EDIT: Oh nvm. That's not a ramp.
"Who has the best durability feat in all of comic book superheroes?" "Aquaman surviving pop culture."
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
July 30 2012 01:00 GMT
#7
On July 30 2012 09:59 NAPoleonSC wrote:
I can't tell from the picture. Is the main ramp blocked by rocks?


I think you might be confused, but no there aren't any rocks. The main choke is flat with LoS blockers. The inbase natural has a 1x ramp leading up to it (unblocked).
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
July 30 2012 01:14 GMT
#8
On July 30 2012 09:57 monitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 09:50 stormfoxSC wrote:
On July 30 2012 09:23 monitor wrote:
On July 30 2012 09:20 essencesc2 wrote:
the zerg can take that creep base without destroying the tumor o_O


Imagine what would happen if they couldn't ^^

Out of curiosity, what caused the tumour to be deemed necessary?


4-Gates in PvP. And just in general, proxy pylons warping into the main would be very annoying and potentially imbalanced.

Oh yeah, I guess that would make sense, with the main being on lower ground and all.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
lost_artz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States366 Posts
July 30 2012 02:11 GMT
#9
Are those island bases with XNT? If so we like :D
Ingebrigtsen
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Norway343 Posts
July 30 2012 02:18 GMT
#10
I wanna play this map O-O ladder plzzzzzzzzzzzz
"These animals should be rewarded for not being people... I hate people"
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
July 30 2012 02:28 GMT
#11
I really like to see people experimenting with map features, but can we have some pics? it is a bit hard to judge the map without knowing exactly how big the nat is for example.

The map does seem really unique and cool, but a few I noticed that makes me wonder is why does the watch tower on the island? wouldn't it be better suited for it to be on the low ground? that why it would be easier to raid the island, which I think is important since unless that Terran can take it as a free base early on.

About the amount of bases, 4+ island is not a bit low? I think a forward half base for each player instead of (or with) the current middle expo would help make this map not run out of minerals too early.

About the creep tumor, how about making it a bit more to the edge? to allow Protoss and Terran players to not have to wait a long time until they can take their fast 3rd. about the matter of the low ground 3rd, while I like it that you made it so you can't warp in to the low ground you forgot about blink stalkers which would still be a pain to deal with and would actually kill phoenix play in PvP on this map imo, but we shall see of course.

Lastly, about the ridge at the ends of the map. is it pathable? if so how about to make a ramp to it? I think it would make defending it more possible since you would be able to reach the opponent with a ground army.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
July 30 2012 02:39 GMT
#12
On July 30 2012 11:28 moskonia wrote:
I really like to see people experimenting with map features, but can we have some pics? it is a bit hard to judge the map without knowing exactly how big the nat is for example.


I'll try to get some close up shots soon. I will also add some more detailed information. Sorry, I got kind of impatient making the thread.

On July 30 2012 11:28 moskonia wrote:
The map does seem really unique and cool, but a few I noticed that makes me wonder is why does the watch tower on the island? wouldn't it be better suited for it to be on the low ground? that why it would be easier to raid the island, which I think is important since unless that Terran can take it as a free base early on.


The watchtower is on the island for two reasons. One (in no particular order) is to add a new dynamic with watchtowers so players have to fight over them on the islands. Second is to make the island easier to defend by scouting drops and other forms of harassment, to have extra time to prepare defenses.

On July 30 2012 11:28 moskonia wrote:
About the amount of bases, 4+ island is not a bit low? I think a forward half base for each player instead of (or with) the current middle expo would help make this map not run out of minerals too early.


I too have been concerned the 5 bases might be too few considering two are islands. However I don't like the idea of adding forward expansions because they tend to favor Terran. When I see some test games I can determine if its necessary to add in an extra expansion per player.

On July 30 2012 11:28 moskonia wrote:
About the creep tumor, how about making it a bit more to the edge? to allow Protoss and Terran players to not have to wait a long time until they can take their fast 3rd. about the matter of the low ground 3rd, while I like it that you made it so you can't warp in to the low ground you forgot about blink stalkers which would still be a pain to deal with and would actually kill phoenix play in PvP on this map imo, but we shall see of course.


The tumor has to go where it is to prevent pylons from warping in, including over the LoS blockers, so no I can't move it. Protoss almost always has a robo when taking an early third, even when its before 7 minutes, because immortals are crucial. An observer isn't too much to ask I believe. Terran is a little more problematic, but getting a turret or spending a scan isn't going to break anything. Also I didn't forget about blink stalkers, there is just nothing that I can do about it. Yes, its going to be easier than most maps, but I don't predict its going to be map breaking.

On July 30 2012 11:28 moskonia wrote:
Lastly, about the ridge at the ends of the map. is it pathable? if so how about to make a ramp to it? I think it would make defending it more possible since you would be able to reach the opponent with a ground army.


Yes those cliffs can be dropped on. My idea was that the expansions themselves are so difficult to attack into due to the long ground distance and tight choke that a cliff would encourage aggression/harassment. A ramp isn't out of the question, but I'd just like to see if this works since it shouldn't be too difficult to defend drops at the fourth base. If it does prove to be bad for gameplay then yes I'll consider a change like adding a ramp with or without rocks.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 03:17:42
July 30 2012 03:14 GMT
#13
Protoss almost always has a robo when taking an early third, even when its before 7 minutes, because immortals are crucial. An observer isn't too much to ask I believe


It would prevent This which is amazingly strong on certain 2 player maps PvZ, which is a shame. I like the variety with the main choke and stuff, but is a LOS blocker really enough?
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Syphon8
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada298 Posts
July 30 2012 04:12 GMT
#14
If you keep the in-base expo ramps 1x wide, you should put a neutral depot at the top.
',:/
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 04:46:10
July 30 2012 04:45 GMT
#15
On July 30 2012 12:14 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
Protoss almost always has a robo when taking an early third, even when its before 7 minutes, because immortals are crucial. An observer isn't too much to ask I believe


It would prevent This which is amazingly strong on certain 2 player maps PvZ, which is a shame. I like the variety with the main choke and stuff, but is a LOS blocker really enough?


Yeah it does prevent the 1gate expands, but that build only started getting "popular" a few weeks ago... I started this a few months ago. I am a bit sad that it doesn't work but you forget that there is an inbase natural expansion so it changes a lot of the need for an early gate/forge/cyber like there is on a map like Daybreak if you want to FE.


On July 30 2012 13:12 Syphon8 wrote:
If you keep the in-base expo ramps 1x wide, you should put a neutral depot at the top.


Good point, I totally agree. I will try to add that in.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
July 30 2012 07:42 GMT
#16
On July 30 2012 13:45 monitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 12:14 Cyro wrote:
Protoss almost always has a robo when taking an early third, even when its before 7 minutes, because immortals are crucial. An observer isn't too much to ask I believe


It would prevent This which is amazingly strong on certain 2 player maps PvZ, which is a shame. I like the variety with the main choke and stuff, but is a LOS blocker really enough?


Yeah it does prevent the 1gate expands, but that build only started getting "popular" a few weeks ago... I started this a few months ago. I am a bit sad that it doesn't work but you forget that there is an inbase natural expansion so it changes a lot of the need for an early gate/forge/cyber like there is on a map like Daybreak if you want to FE.

Also to note, I don't feel that every build has to be possible on every map. Builds should be catered to the map you're playing on, not the other way around. So long as a map allows for certain conventional standards (e.g. able to safely obtain a natural), IMO there isn't really a problem.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
July 30 2012 10:16 GMT
#17
Very neat little rush type map with a lot of interesting stuff going on Would love to see this in a map pool as the odd small map!
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
Monochromatic
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1000 Posts
July 30 2012 15:36 GMT
#18
With the tumor where it is this map would be horribly imba for zerg. Creep takes too long to recede and it forces a scan, or much worse, a robo bay, to take your third. Maps shouldn't force you to get a certain tech to expand.

Also, can you get some analyzer pics up? I really can't make out the layout in the center. And if those are XNW on the center islands, I'd suggest removing them.
MC: "Guys I need your support! iam poor make me nerd baller" __________________________________________RIP Violet
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 30 2012 15:46 GMT
#19
On July 31 2012 00:36 Monochromatic wrote:
With the tumor where it is this map would be horribly imba for zerg. Creep takes too long to recede and it forces a scan, or much worse, a robo bay, to take your third. Maps shouldn't force you to get a certain tech to expand.

I thought the common complaint about Protoss is that they have to get Robo first every game, as opposed to a quick Twilight or Stargate. I see no major deviation there. What you're suggesting is to remove most of what makes this map so different to other maps, and considering this map was designed specifically to change how the game is played, I don't see that happening.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
July 30 2012 16:06 GMT
#20
On July 31 2012 00:36 Monochromatic wrote:
With the tumor where it is this map would be horribly imba for zerg. Creep takes too long to recede and it forces a scan, or much worse, a robo bay, to take your third. Maps shouldn't force you to get a certain tech to expand.

Also, can you get some analyzer pics up? I really can't make out the layout in the center. And if those are XNW on the center islands, I'd suggest removing them.


Really, a scan or a robo/canon is too much to handle to take a third now?
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 223
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10595
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1144
NeuroSwarm200
febbydoto17
League of Legends
Doublelift5452
JimRising 712
Counter-Strike
taco 248
minikerr47
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King262
hungrybox115
Other Games
summit1g9874
Maynarde241
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick459
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 209
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo726
• Rush348
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 4m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.