• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6562 users

MotM ProAm - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next All
Yonnua
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2331 Posts
July 15 2012 15:50 GMT
#321
On July 16 2012 00:11 TibblesEvilCat wrote:
what's the ETA on people knowing stuffs?


Decisions by the 16th - it's in the OP.
LRSL 2014 Finalist! PartinG | Mvp | Bomber | Creator | NaNiwa | herO
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
July 15 2012 23:44 GMT
#322
I wanna be chosen T_T
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
July 15 2012 23:55 GMT
#323
I want to be chosen also, but that's unlikely as I have no doubt that literally every other competitor has a better working knowledge of the map editor than I do...
vibeo gane,
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
July 16 2012 11:29 GMT
#324
Thats not the point this time around tho id say if anything the more polished maps have a lesser chance to be picked
KCCO!
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 16 2012 11:36 GMT
#325
On July 16 2012 00:50 Yonnua wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 00:11 TibblesEvilCat wrote:
what's the ETA on people knowing stuffs?


Decisions by the 16th - it's in the OP.

I'm working on trying to stick to this deadline, but some mappers haven't chosen their maps yet. What I might do is confirm as many people as possible tomorrow and go from there.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
July 16 2012 18:45 GMT
#326
i hope i get chosen fingers crossed.
Live Fast Die Young :D
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 19:53:26
July 16 2012 19:50 GMT
#327
I would like to withdraw from the contest. Just in case one of my maps got chosen.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
July 16 2012 19:54 GMT
#328
On July 17 2012 04:50 Aunvilgod wrote:
I would like to withdraw from the contest. Just in case one of my maps got chosen.

Epic timing.
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 20:01:14
July 16 2012 20:00 GMT
#329
On July 17 2012 04:54 Sea_Food wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 04:50 Aunvilgod wrote:
I would like to withdraw from the contest. Just in case one of my maps got chosen.

Epic timing.


Does not seem like all the Pros will choose today. So it should be okay.

Still, I am sorry for that timing. I will try to make up my mind earlier next time.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
July 16 2012 20:04 GMT
#330
On July 17 2012 05:00 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 04:54 Sea_Food wrote:
On July 17 2012 04:50 Aunvilgod wrote:
I would like to withdraw from the contest. Just in case one of my maps got chosen.

Epic timing.


Does not seem like all the Pros will choose today. So it should be okay.

Still, I am sorry for that timing. I will try to make up my mind earlier next time.


Well if a high priority pro picked you already, then pros lower priority than him picked a map that the higher priority would have as a 2nd, then will the lower priority pro give the map to higher priority pro or what?
Confusing.

Anyway dont think I blame you too hard.
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
July 16 2012 20:34 GMT
#331
On July 17 2012 05:00 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 04:54 Sea_Food wrote:
On July 17 2012 04:50 Aunvilgod wrote:
I would like to withdraw from the contest. Just in case one of my maps got chosen.

Epic timing.


Does not seem like all the Pros will choose today. So it should be okay.

Still, I am sorry for that timing. I will try to make up my mind earlier next time.

Why did you decide to leave the contest?
vibeo gane,
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
July 17 2012 03:25 GMT
#332
On July 17 2012 05:34 -NegativeZero- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 05:00 Aunvilgod wrote:
On July 17 2012 04:54 Sea_Food wrote:
On July 17 2012 04:50 Aunvilgod wrote:
I would like to withdraw from the contest. Just in case one of my maps got chosen.

Epic timing.


Does not seem like all the Pros will choose today. So it should be okay.

Still, I am sorry for that timing. I will try to make up my mind earlier next time.

Why did you decide to leave the contest?

I think our opinions about the map could have been too different. And because it is not clear who the boss is... I think I just really don't like the idea of somebody else doing anything with my map.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Guardian85
Profile Joined May 2012
162 Posts
July 17 2012 03:55 GMT
#333
How can you know that, if you havent started yet?

And your still the author of the map.. the pro can basicly only suggest and advice.. your the one to take his advice and use it.. or not use it.

Your not just giving your work over to a pro.. and say "here, do your modifications, and improve it.. thanks"
Its not giving away your idea or design to a pro who will take the credit and redo your initial map.

As far as i've understood this.

He is your guide, to help you learn... to allow you in on small secrets.. to increase the teams experience.. to help you increase your understanding and progress, to become a better mapper.

I dont know if its completely this way... but im seeing this as cherity work more then anything else.
And if i was lucky enough to be picked.. i'd be glad to have someone who's credability and experience alongside with me.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
July 17 2012 04:05 GMT
#334
On July 17 2012 12:25 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 05:34 -NegativeZero- wrote:
On July 17 2012 05:00 Aunvilgod wrote:
On July 17 2012 04:54 Sea_Food wrote:
On July 17 2012 04:50 Aunvilgod wrote:
I would like to withdraw from the contest. Just in case one of my maps got chosen.

Epic timing.


Does not seem like all the Pros will choose today. So it should be okay.

Still, I am sorry for that timing. I will try to make up my mind earlier next time.

Why did you decide to leave the contest?

I think our opinions about the map could have been too different. And because it is not clear who the boss is... I think I just really don't like the idea of somebody else doing anything with my map.


We're trying to help, as Guardian said. You don't have to use the feedback the pro gives you if you don't want to. Don't give your map files to anybody if you want to do it that way. And if you were to give your map files, its not like you will ever lose the original... all that could happen would be that the map is improved. There's also a $50 prize for the winning team and $25 for second place.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Guardian85
Profile Joined May 2012
162 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 04:12:43
July 17 2012 04:11 GMT
#335
The prize to me though is like only a formal thing.. where theres actual a reward for the competition.
50 bucks is a spec of dust on my scale.. (no offence) but its more like a symbol.. of winning.

But i see the real prize here is to improve.. to get some attention around your work.. to have your work displayed for a chance to be more involved into mapmaking.. and learning through the proccess.

Semmo
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)627 Posts
July 17 2012 04:46 GMT
#336
Hey. Guys remember that 50 bucks can get you heart of the swarm. :D
I'd love some 50 bucks, it's a symbol, but free hots is pretty good.
Mapmaker of Frost, Fruitland and Bridgehead
GDR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada407 Posts
July 17 2012 04:48 GMT
#337
On July 17 2012 13:11 Guardian85 wrote:
The prize to me though is like only a formal thing.. where theres actual a reward for the competition.
50 bucks is a spec of dust on my scale.. (no offence) but its more like a symbol.. of winning.

But i see the real prize here is to improve.. to get some attention around your work.. to have your work displayed for a chance to be more involved into mapmaking.. and learning through the proccess.



For sure, I don't think the 50$ is really foremost on anyones mind... It is an after thought more then anything.

I hope the list gets published before I go to work tomarrow evening. ^_^
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
July 17 2012 06:25 GMT
#338
I dont really care about the 50$ , sure its nice to have money, but Id just like my map to finally be good enough. Allways just outside the top5 motm, want to finally be in there
KCCO!
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
July 17 2012 12:43 GMT
#339
On July 17 2012 13:05 monitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 12:25 Aunvilgod wrote:
On July 17 2012 05:34 -NegativeZero- wrote:
On July 17 2012 05:00 Aunvilgod wrote:
On July 17 2012 04:54 Sea_Food wrote:
On July 17 2012 04:50 Aunvilgod wrote:
I would like to withdraw from the contest. Just in case one of my maps got chosen.

Epic timing.


Does not seem like all the Pros will choose today. So it should be okay.

Still, I am sorry for that timing. I will try to make up my mind earlier next time.

Why did you decide to leave the contest?

I think our opinions about the map could have been too different. And because it is not clear who the boss is... I think I just really don't like the idea of somebody else doing anything with my map.


We're trying to help, as Guardian said. You don't have to use the feedback the pro gives you if you don't want to. Don't give your map files to anybody if you want to do it that way. And if you were to give your map files, its not like you will ever lose the original... all that could happen would be that the map is improved. There's also a $50 prize for the winning team and $25 for second place.


Ok, that sounds good.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 16:35:25
July 17 2012 16:32 GMT
#340
Cmoooon spill the loot


Cantwait, one time! maybe i shud start on my thread .. make room for dustinbrowderaward
KCCO!
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1382
Bisu 961
Soma 436
EffOrt 179
hero 174
Pusan 106
HiyA 82
ZerO 49
sorry 40
Killer 38
[ Show more ]
soO 35
Bale 26
Rush 24
Mong 23
Shinee 21
Sharp 18
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Counter-Strike
edward57
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft824
crisheroes651
Other Games
gofns52331
olofmeister1243
singsing1141
ceh9565
Livibee213
Pyrionflax140
ArmadaUGS35
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream557
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 35
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2369
League of Legends
• Jankos1551
• Rush1497
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
29m
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.