• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:34
CEST 22:34
KST 05:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8362 users

MotM ProAm - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
Semmo
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)627 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-14 00:59:44
July 14 2012 00:55 GMT
#301
On July 14 2012 01:37 OxyGenesis wrote:
Found a scribble in my notebook for a 4p map so I made it speedily as my 3rd entry. No time at all spent on aesthetics.

Folsom Facility
152x152

[image loading]

..... Why is this soooooooo similar to my map... Like almost every thing is the same...

[image loading]
Wow. As I look at it again, it's so similar. here's my map, if you want to look at it yourself....
Please don't copy someone else's hard-thought design T.T
Mapmaker of Frost, Fruitland and Bridgehead
RFDaemoniac
Profile Joined September 2011
United States544 Posts
July 14 2012 00:56 GMT
#302
Burning Straits
RFDaemoniac
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

This is in the middle up an update from 6m1hyg to 8m2g, the bottom half is my working concept, the top half is what it used to be (but minerals are still changed on top)
140x140
Melty Butter
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland52 Posts
July 14 2012 01:41 GMT
#303
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 14 2012 09:55 kim9067 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 01:37 OxyGenesis wrote:
Found a scribble in my notebook for a 4p map so I made it speedily as my 3rd entry. No time at all spent on aesthetics.

Folsom Facility
152x152

[image loading]

..... Why is this soooooooo similar to my map... Like almost every thing is the same...

[image loading]
Wow. As I look at it again, it's so similar. here's my map, if you want to look at it yourself....
Please don't copy someone else's hard-thought design T.T


everyone knows it's the tiny details that make the map completely different. For example, see that the destructible rocks are at 180 and 90 degrees in his version, whereas in yours they're at 45 degrees. Little changes like that make his map completely different to yours. You just don't understand.
Ass
Rkynick
Profile Joined December 2011
85 Posts
July 14 2012 01:46 GMT
#304
On July 14 2012 09:55 kim9067 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 01:37 OxyGenesis wrote:
Found a scribble in my notebook for a 4p map so I made it speedily as my 3rd entry. No time at all spent on aesthetics.

Folsom Facility
152x152

[image loading]

..... Why is this soooooooo similar to my map... Like almost every thing is the same...

[image loading]
Wow. As I look at it again, it's so similar. here's my map, if you want to look at it yourself....
Please don't copy someone else's hard-thought design T.T


The two maps are not terribly similar. You're over-reacting a bit, I think.
wrl
Profile Joined April 2011
United States209 Posts
July 14 2012 01:51 GMT
#305
Really wished I could have helped as a Pro, maybe next time I won't be so busy!

Good luck everyone!

On July 14 2012 04:35 IronManSC wrote:
Submissions closed on the 13th of July. Why are people still posting maps?


You are the worst.
It's funny; I dream a lot, but I'm not a very good sleeper.
Semmo
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)627 Posts
July 14 2012 02:08 GMT
#306
On July 14 2012 10:41 Melty Butter wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 14 2012 09:55 kim9067 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 01:37 OxyGenesis wrote:
Found a scribble in my notebook for a 4p map so I made it speedily as my 3rd entry. No time at all spent on aesthetics.

Folsom Facility
152x152

[image loading]

..... Why is this soooooooo similar to my map... Like almost every thing is the same...

[image loading]
Wow. As I look at it again, it's so similar. here's my map, if you want to look at it yourself....
Please don't copy someone else's hard-thought design T.T


everyone knows it's the tiny details that make the map completely different. For example, see that the destructible rocks are at 180 and 90 degrees in his version, whereas in yours they're at 45 degrees. Little changes like that make his map completely different to yours. You just don't understand.


haha, I see you're butthurt from the last thing on Bazzar or something. I defended you, you know
I really think these maps so so similar, that he should pull his out.

Rhynick// in what way? He just changed the corridor on my map into a cliff, which really doesnt change anything, and changed the ANGLE of the rocks. Sigh. Well I guess more comments saying that they're not the same will come out T.T
Mapmaker of Frost, Fruitland and Bridgehead
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 14 2012 02:10 GMT
#307
On July 14 2012 09:16 FlaShFTW wrote:
WAIT 33 amatuers??? CAN I BE A PRO??? :DDD

No. We'd be able to tell which map you worked on because it would be basically the same as before, just with a really really good 3rd base.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-14 02:19:51
July 14 2012 02:18 GMT
#308
On July 14 2012 10:41 Melty Butter wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 14 2012 09:55 kim9067 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 01:37 OxyGenesis wrote:
Found a scribble in my notebook for a 4p map so I made it speedily as my 3rd entry. No time at all spent on aesthetics.

Folsom Facility
152x152

[image loading]

..... Why is this soooooooo similar to my map... Like almost every thing is the same...

[image loading]
Wow. As I look at it again, it's so similar. here's my map, if you want to look at it yourself....
Please don't copy someone else's hard-thought design T.T


everyone knows it's the tiny details that make the map completely different. For example, see that the destructible rocks are at 180 and 90 degrees in his version, whereas in yours they're at 45 degrees. Little changes like that make his map completely different to yours. You just don't understand.

It's not the rocks. Stop trying to make us look dumb, it's backfiring. The base layouts for the 2 maps are pretty much the same, but the pathways into/around the centers of the 2 maps are way different. Plus, the Folsom map has 4 Xel'Naga towers, which makes a considerable difference. Plus, they're both very much amateur mappers, they're not at a level where they should be worried about plagiarism, or offending somebody(no offense). If you want to keep arguing about this, then that's your problem.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Rkynick
Profile Joined December 2011
85 Posts
July 14 2012 02:18 GMT
#309
On July 14 2012 11:08 kim9067 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 10:41 Melty Butter wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 14 2012 09:55 kim9067 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 01:37 OxyGenesis wrote:
Found a scribble in my notebook for a 4p map so I made it speedily as my 3rd entry. No time at all spent on aesthetics.

Folsom Facility
152x152

[image loading]

..... Why is this soooooooo similar to my map... Like almost every thing is the same...

[image loading]
Wow. As I look at it again, it's so similar. here's my map, if you want to look at it yourself....
Please don't copy someone else's hard-thought design T.T


everyone knows it's the tiny details that make the map completely different. For example, see that the destructible rocks are at 180 and 90 degrees in his version, whereas in yours they're at 45 degrees. Little changes like that make his map completely different to yours. You just don't understand.


haha, I see you're butthurt from the last thing on Bazzar or something. I defended you, you know
I really think these maps so so similar, that he should pull his out.

Rhynick// in what way? He just changed the corridor on my map into a cliff, which really doesnt change anything, and changed the ANGLE of the rocks. Sigh. Well I guess more comments saying that they're not the same will come out T.T


The center of the map is completely different. You need to realize that these are very serious allegations which you are making, and should only be made when there is certainly no doubt to be had.
ArcticRaven
Profile Joined August 2011
France1406 Posts
July 14 2012 02:22 GMT
#310
The centers are different enough. Anyway, all 4p rota maps with this standard nat/main/third layout have everything except the center in common. Don't go fooling around accusing people when there is such a high chance that you did the same thing purely randomly. And even then, who would want to copy that map ?
[Govie] Wierd shit, on a 6 game AP winning streak with KOTL in the trench. I searched gandalf quotes and spammed them all game long, trenchwarfare247, whateva it takes!
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
July 14 2012 03:36 GMT
#311
On July 14 2012 11:08 kim9067 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 10:41 Melty Butter wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 14 2012 09:55 kim9067 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 01:37 OxyGenesis wrote:
Found a scribble in my notebook for a 4p map so I made it speedily as my 3rd entry. No time at all spent on aesthetics.

Folsom Facility
152x152

[image loading]

..... Why is this soooooooo similar to my map... Like almost every thing is the same...

[image loading]
Wow. As I look at it again, it's so similar. here's my map, if you want to look at it yourself....
Please don't copy someone else's hard-thought design T.T


everyone knows it's the tiny details that make the map completely different. For example, see that the destructible rocks are at 180 and 90 degrees in his version, whereas in yours they're at 45 degrees. Little changes like that make his map completely different to yours. You just don't understand.


haha, I see you're butthurt from the last thing on Bazzar or something. I defended you, you know
I really think these maps so so similar, that he should pull his out.

Rhynick// in what way? He just changed the corridor on my map into a cliff, which really doesnt change anything, and changed the ANGLE of the rocks. Sigh. Well I guess more comments saying that they're not the same will come out T.T


Dude he was defending you. He was being sarcastic... unless there's something I'm missing. And yes the maps are similar but there isn't much anybody can do about copying layouts- who knows if he even saw yours when he made his map.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Semmo
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)627 Posts
July 14 2012 03:38 GMT
#312
On July 14 2012 12:36 monitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 11:08 kim9067 wrote:
On July 14 2012 10:41 Melty Butter wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 14 2012 09:55 kim9067 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 01:37 OxyGenesis wrote:
Found a scribble in my notebook for a 4p map so I made it speedily as my 3rd entry. No time at all spent on aesthetics.

Folsom Facility
152x152

[image loading]

..... Why is this soooooooo similar to my map... Like almost every thing is the same...

[image loading]
Wow. As I look at it again, it's so similar. here's my map, if you want to look at it yourself....
Please don't copy someone else's hard-thought design T.T


everyone knows it's the tiny details that make the map completely different. For example, see that the destructible rocks are at 180 and 90 degrees in his version, whereas in yours they're at 45 degrees. Little changes like that make his map completely different to yours. You just don't understand.


haha, I see you're butthurt from the last thing on Bazzar or something. I defended you, you know
I really think these maps so so similar, that he should pull his out.

Rhynick// in what way? He just changed the corridor on my map into a cliff, which really doesnt change anything, and changed the ANGLE of the rocks. Sigh. Well I guess more comments saying that they're not the same will come out T.T


Dude he was defending you. He was being sarcastic... unless there's something I'm missing. And yes the maps are similar but there isn't much anybody can do about copying layouts- who knows if he even saw yours when he made his map.


Yeah, I knew he was defending me.
I guess I can't do much about it, sorry for all the trouble I guess.
Mapmaker of Frost, Fruitland and Bridgehead
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
July 14 2012 06:37 GMT
#313
On July 14 2012 11:10 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 09:16 FlaShFTW wrote:
WAIT 33 amatuers??? CAN I BE A PRO??? :DDD

No. We'd be able to tell which map you worked on because it would be basically the same as before, just with a really really good 3rd base.

screw you guys, still kicking me into the ground even when im not even in the skype -.- meanies.

ALSO IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT BY ME!!!

4K Post will be here in the map forums. It will be my first ever map. Ever. And might be the only one i make. Screw you people in "The Map Cave" on skype. Go screw urselves. <3
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
OxyGenesis
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
July 14 2012 11:12 GMT
#314
On July 14 2012 12:38 kim9067 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 12:36 monitor wrote:
On July 14 2012 11:08 kim9067 wrote:
On July 14 2012 10:41 Melty Butter wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 14 2012 09:55 kim9067 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 01:37 OxyGenesis wrote:
Found a scribble in my notebook for a 4p map so I made it speedily as my 3rd entry. No time at all spent on aesthetics.

Folsom Facility
152x152

[image loading]

..... Why is this soooooooo similar to my map... Like almost every thing is the same...

[image loading]
Wow. As I look at it again, it's so similar. here's my map, if you want to look at it yourself....
Please don't copy someone else's hard-thought design T.T


everyone knows it's the tiny details that make the map completely different. For example, see that the destructible rocks are at 180 and 90 degrees in his version, whereas in yours they're at 45 degrees. Little changes like that make his map completely different to yours. You just don't understand.


haha, I see you're butthurt from the last thing on Bazzar or something. I defended you, you know
I really think these maps so so similar, that he should pull his out.

Rhynick// in what way? He just changed the corridor on my map into a cliff, which really doesnt change anything, and changed the ANGLE of the rocks. Sigh. Well I guess more comments saying that they're not the same will come out T.T


Dude he was defending you. He was being sarcastic... unless there's something I'm missing. And yes the maps are similar but there isn't much anybody can do about copying layouts- who knows if he even saw yours when he made his map.


Yeah, I knew he was defending me.
I guess I can't do much about it, sorry for all the trouble I guess.


Shit man, they are similar! I do remember seeing your map so I guess the idea with the rocks must have stuck in my mind somehow. Completely unintentional. You've obviously spent way longer on yours so I would encourage the pros to pick your map over mine.
Maker of Maps inc. Vector, Uncanny Valley and Fissure | Co-Founder of SC2Melee.net
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 14 2012 13:24 GMT
#315
Submissions are now closed! Thanks to everyone who entered. The chosen mappers will be revealed soon!
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
July 14 2012 22:23 GMT
#316
YAYAY GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO ARE CHOSEN!! :D
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
July 14 2012 22:32 GMT
#317
Glad to see some good submissions. I imagine the maps will be chosen within the next few days. Good luck to all the pros participating.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-14 22:49:20
July 14 2012 22:48 GMT
#318
On July 15 2012 07:32 monitor wrote:
Good luck to all the pros participating.

i see your self serving agenda...
*glares*
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
July 15 2012 04:17 GMT
#319
On July 14 2012 10:51 wrl wrote:

Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 04:35 IronManSC wrote:
Submissions closed on the 13th of July. Why are people still posting maps?


You are the worst.


what does that even mean
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
July 15 2012 15:11 GMT
#320
what's the ETA on people knowing stuffs?
Live Fast Die Young :D
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason23
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 697
Dewaltoss 112
firebathero 94
Zeus 70
Trap 37
910 33
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 23
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever232
Counter-Strike
edward726
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS132
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4096
Liquid`Hasu2130
Other Games
summit1g5946
B2W.Neo580
byalli512
shahzam482
ToD219
C9.Mang0166
KnowMe149
Railgan17
Chillindude14
Trikslyr9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur280
• WagamamaTV265
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 26m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 26m
Stellar Fest
16h 26m
Stellar Fest
16h 26m
Stellar Fest
16h 26m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.