• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:59
CEST 12:59
KST 19:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11331 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 182 Next
Thoreezhea1
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States532 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-29 16:39:53
September 29 2010 16:38 GMT
#161
On September 28 2010 09:16 BrianatASUS wrote:
testing my first post... how do i create a new thread here?


you're gonna wanna make sure you use the search function in the upper right thoroughly, your question may have already been asked. If NOT then click the blue underlined General or Sports & Games or whatever the corresponding section is in the left bars. if you are logged in you will see the little icon "Create New Topic"
What the Fu- REAPERS?!
exShinra
Profile Joined September 2010
Oman16 Posts
September 29 2010 17:06 GMT
#162
On September 30 2010 00:46 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Search function is screwed up on EU server. It still works though if you just spam enter.


I guess I should reiterate. I don't know how to search for games. I'm lost.
Cool
funcmode
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia720 Posts
September 29 2010 17:15 GMT
#163
On September 30 2010 02:06 exShinra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2010 00:46 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Search function is screwed up on EU server. It still works though if you just spam enter.


I guess I should reiterate. I don't know how to search for games. I'm lost.

In SC2 go to Multiplayer, and in the bottom right click create custom game. Above the list of maps that appears is a search box, type in iCCup (or whatever you're looking for) and hit enter. As said though, there is a bug that means you might have to repeat the search a few times before the maps actually show up. Once they do just select the map and start the game. You can add AI's or make it public and wait for a real opponent to join.

Alternatively, instead of clicking create custom game you can join a lobby someone else created by clicking "Join custom game." However there is no search here, you have to scroll down the list until you find a map you want to play on.
@funcmode - TPW Mapmaking Team - theplanetaryworkshop.com
exShinra
Profile Joined September 2010
Oman16 Posts
September 29 2010 17:38 GMT
#164
Ah, I get it now. I kept going through "Join Game" but I couldnt find the search feature All good now.

Cheers
Cool
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
October 01 2010 17:06 GMT
#165
I'm trying to make a melee map, but for some reason a bunch of the terrain seems to be "unbuildable" - as in, I can't put buildings there, I can't put minerals there, I can't but Xel'naga towers there, etc.

??? I don't think I did anything other than raise/lower the terrain. My map is radially symmetric and stuff can be built on one side, but for the other side I can't put anything there....
:)
funcmode
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia720 Posts
October 01 2010 17:27 GMT
#166
On October 02 2010 02:06 synapse wrote:
I'm trying to make a melee map, but for some reason a bunch of the terrain seems to be "unbuildable" - as in, I can't put buildings there, I can't put minerals there, I can't but Xel'naga towers there, etc.

??? I don't think I did anything other than raise/lower the terrain. My map is radially symmetric and stuff can be built on one side, but for the other side I can't put anything there....

My guess is, the area you're trying to "build" in is too close to the outside of the map. Press "O" to display the borders, if the area is outside of the yellow line you won't be able to build there.

The reason you can build on one side and not on the other, even if it's symmetrical, is because by default the camera bounds create more buildable space at the top of the map than at the bottom.

You'll have to expand either the camera bounds, map bounds, or both in order to sort it out.
@funcmode - TPW Mapmaking Team - theplanetaryworkshop.com
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
October 01 2010 23:21 GMT
#167
On October 02 2010 02:27 funcmode wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2010 02:06 synapse wrote:
I'm trying to make a melee map, but for some reason a bunch of the terrain seems to be "unbuildable" - as in, I can't put buildings there, I can't put minerals there, I can't but Xel'naga towers there, etc.

??? I don't think I did anything other than raise/lower the terrain. My map is radially symmetric and stuff can be built on one side, but for the other side I can't put anything there....

My guess is, the area you're trying to "build" in is too close to the outside of the map. Press "O" to display the borders, if the area is outside of the yellow line you won't be able to build there.

The reason you can build on one side and not on the other, even if it's symmetrical, is because by default the camera bounds create more buildable space at the top of the map than at the bottom.

You'll have to expand either the camera bounds, map bounds, or both in order to sort it out.

Ahhh yes I see. Thanks, everything is solved

I actually thought that it might be the map bounds, but I didn't realize that the margin at the top was larger than the margin at the bottom, so I assumed it couldn't have been the map bounds.
:)
DaChknAndDaRice
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5 Posts
October 01 2010 23:23 GMT
#168
I want to make water actually look like an ocean and not like there is water on top of the terrain.

The only thing I've been able to get to work semi-perfectly is to lower the terrain so low that you can't see it anymore.

Is this the proper way to have the water look like it's actually "deep" water?
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
October 02 2010 00:58 GMT
#169
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=138854&currentpage=7#128
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
DaChknAndDaRice
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5 Posts
October 02 2010 02:50 GMT
#170
Thank you so much.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
October 02 2010 03:43 GMT
#171
On October 02 2010 08:23 DaChknAndDaRice wrote:
I want to make water actually look like an ocean and not like there is water on top of the terrain.

The only thing I've been able to get to work semi-perfectly is to lower the terrain so low that you can't see it anymore.

Is this the proper way to have the water look like it's actually "deep" water?


yes
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
DaChknAndDaRice
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5 Posts
October 02 2010 19:22 GMT
#172
I've noticed when people post pics of their maps, that they have like an almost 3D generated view from the "side".

How do you do this? Is this when you're in the game and you scroll with the mouse? Or is this a feature inside the editor somewhere?
BarlowEnter_Writeup
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-03 06:54:33
October 02 2010 23:28 GMT
#173
I need someone to establish some map balancing idea that are exploitable for zerg.

ex: breakable terrain that reshadow back itself after certain amount of time?
give Terran different terrain usage that has RTS sense of weaknesses?
Please don't hold away fundamental notes that can easily be forgoten. If something like mulitple entrances for reapers or high ground near mineral patches, anything that is not mention here and you think that is something map creaters need not to forget, write it down.
"Baneling is a cheap lie to take out lurkers, and the rolling of them resembles someone's obsurd perspective for the swarm." - BarlowEnter
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
October 03 2010 00:52 GMT
#174
On October 03 2010 04:22 DaChknAndDaRice wrote:
I've noticed when people post pics of their maps, that they have like an almost 3D generated view from the "side".

How do you do this? Is this when you're in the game and you scroll with the mouse? Or is this a feature inside the editor somewhere?


Have you even tried the editor? Obviously you can edit the camera angle to anything you want in the editor.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
October 03 2010 01:01 GMT
#175
On October 03 2010 08:28 BarlowEnter_Writeup wrote:
I need someone to establish some map balancing idea that are exploitable for zerg.

ex: breakable terrain that reshadow back itself after certain amount of time?
give Terran different terrain usage that has RTS sense of weaknesses?


1. Single direction choked natural.
2. No cliffs overlooking minerals, or small cliffs.
3. High ground Overlord hiding spots near important locations.
4. Neutral creep
5. Limited number of reaper entrances to main.
6. Main to nat distance is one creep tumor or less.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
October 03 2010 02:35 GMT
#176
On October 03 2010 08:28 BarlowEnter_Writeup wrote:
I need someone to establish some map balancing idea that are exploitable for zerg.

ex: breakable terrain that reshadow back itself after certain amount of time?
give Terran different terrain usage that has RTS sense of weaknesses?


very open middle and generally open pathing, open natural. backdoor to main, close main2main distance, short main2nat distance
since 98'
BarlowEnter_Writeup
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8 Posts
October 03 2010 06:48 GMT
#177
On October 03 2010 10:01 sob3k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2010 08:28 BarlowEnter_Writeup wrote:
I need someone to establish some map balancing idea that are exploitable for zerg.

ex: breakable terrain that reshadow back itself after certain amount of time?
give Terran different terrain usage that has RTS sense of weaknesses?


1. Single direction choked natural.
2. No cliffs overlooking minerals, or small cliffs.
3. High ground Overlord hiding spots near important locations.
4. Neutral creep
5. Limited number of reaper entrances to main.
6. Main to nat distance is one creep tumor or less.


can you explain to me what do you mean by single direction choked natural?

Is it a natural in the back of your base that is only open to your main? Or does it apply for something more?

I like the idea of neutral creep, though I don't think I'll simply make it exploitable on the center of the map, who would anyway, instead I think this can become lanes that isolate herds of numbers, a quick exit that can be punish by cliff positioning. And main and nat's distance consideration, number of creep tumor placement between main and nat are one clear and wonderful note, definitely will take it into every map's consideration. I must say notes like 3/5/6 are notes that I desperately need. I don't want to missout on anything like these.
"Baneling is a cheap lie to take out lurkers, and the rolling of them resembles someone's obsurd perspective for the swarm." - BarlowEnter
Perscienter
Profile Joined June 2010
957 Posts
October 03 2010 18:27 GMT
#178
1. How do I change the game speed?

2. How can I edit units? Whch data source do I have to edit? Core, Liberty, LibertyMulti? If I edit values in one of them, the value will be stuck and won't be able to modify any values at all after that.

3. Do I need to use triggers, to activate upgrades?

4. Do I need to use triggers to adjust the starting resources?

5. Where can I find the scripts of the YABOT maps? I've already downloaded them.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
October 04 2010 03:17 GMT
#179
I've published a map (Private), but I can't seem to change it from "Custom" to "Melee" (to play vs a computer opponent) in-game... The SCII Editor says my map meets all the requirements for a Melee map, so what am I supposed to do?

Hopefully I'm not just being stupid and missing something very obvious in-game....
:)
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
October 04 2010 11:39 GMT
#180
how do i rescale the entire map?
Live Fast Die Young :D
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings74
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko180
ProTech124
SHIN 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1153
Mind 1017
Shuttle 787
Bisu 774
Larva 643
Mini 163
EffOrt 129
Soma 119
Leta 109
Last 98
[ Show more ]
Zeus 91
Hyun 81
Pusan 63
ZerO 52
Sexy 52
PianO 48
Hm[arnc] 43
Trap 36
Killer 33
sorry 32
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 28
Aegong 19
yabsab 15
hero 13
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe565
XaKoH 402
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1389
Other Games
gofns40495
singsing2321
crisheroes293
OGKoka 184
Mew2King131
B2W.Neo104
ArmadaUGS58
Livibee41
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick572
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8241
League of Legends
• Jankos1375
• Stunt862
Upcoming Events
Online Event
2m
FEL
5h 2m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 2m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.