• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:03
CEST 21:03
KST 04:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7997 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 182 Next
JeepAss
Profile Joined April 2010
Poland39 Posts
October 05 2010 09:48 GMT
#181
hi guys

can someone have a map like PsyStarcraft to test and train baneling/roach drops ?

i mean map created in galaxy editor to train this things.

Stanley Kowalski: I am not a Pollack. People from Poland are Poles. They are not Pollacks. But what I am is one hundred percent American. I'm born and raised in the greatest country on this earth and I'm proud of it. And don't you ever call me a Pollack.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-05 12:11:33
October 05 2010 12:09 GMT
#182
On October 03 2010 15:48 BarlowEnter_Writeup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2010 10:01 sob3k wrote:
On October 03 2010 08:28 BarlowEnter_Writeup wrote:
I need someone to establish some map balancing idea that are exploitable for zerg.

ex: breakable terrain that reshadow back itself after certain amount of time?
give Terran different terrain usage that has RTS sense of weaknesses?


1. Single direction choked natural.
2. No cliffs overlooking minerals, or small cliffs.
3. High ground Overlord hiding spots near important locations.
4. Neutral creep
5. Limited number of reaper entrances to main.
6. Main to nat distance is one creep tumor or less.


can you explain to me what do you mean by single direction choked natural?

Is it a natural in the back of your base that is only open to your main? Or does it apply for something more?

I like the idea of neutral creep, though I don't think I'll simply make it exploitable on the center of the map, who would anyway, instead I think this can become lanes that isolate herds of numbers, a quick exit that can be punish by cliff positioning. And main and nat's distance consideration, number of creep tumor placement between main and nat are one clear and wonderful note, definitely will take it into every map's consideration. I must say notes like 3/5/6 are notes that I desperately need. I don't want to missout on anything like these.


Single direction choked natural is a natural that will only allow incoming pressure from a single direction (not allow enemies to flank around the the side).

An example of a good single direction choked nat is Lost Temple.

An example of a terrible nat for Z where the enemy can sneak around the sides is Xel'Naga Caverns.

A sort of inbetween example is Metalopolis

NOTE: Single direction does not mean tiny choked. Tiny choked nats are bad.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-05 20:50:19
October 05 2010 20:49 GMT
#183
On October 04 2010 12:17 synapse wrote:
I've published a map (Private), but I can't seem to change it from "Custom" to "Melee" (to play vs a computer opponent) in-game... The SCII Editor says my map meets all the requirements for a Melee map, so what am I supposed to do?

Hopefully I'm not just being stupid and missing something very obvious in-game....

Hard to say without seeing anything^^
Is it possible that you only set 1 starting point?

If not, what does it say in the Map > Game Variants menu?

On October 04 2010 20:39 TibblesEvilCat wrote:
how do i rescale the entire map?

I'm not sure what exactly you mean with rescale, you can change the map size under Map > Map Bounds but you can't rescale all the terrain you've already added.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
jw232
Profile Joined January 2009
United States157 Posts
October 05 2010 22:06 GMT
#184
How do custom maps keep track of your record playing it? I played Nexus Word Wars and it announced my wins and losses when I played it for the second time. I'm not into custom maps that much but I was surprised to find out that Blizzard implemented a system where mapmakers can record stuff like that.
Munk-E
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States672 Posts
October 06 2010 02:05 GMT
#185
can you make a map larger without changing what's already on the map?
You recognise me because of my signature!
DaChknAndDaRice
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5 Posts
October 06 2010 05:40 GMT
#186
Where can I find the Xel'naga watchtower? I spent 40 minutes going through all the doodads... what is it called?
Gaahl
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany7 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-06 15:29:15
October 06 2010 15:26 GMT
#187
On October 06 2010 11:05 Munk-E wrote:
can you make a map larger without changing what's already on the map?


You can change the size of your map under Map -> Map Bounds.


On October 06 2010 14:40 DaChknAndDaRice wrote:
Where can I find the Xel'naga watchtower? I spent 40 minutes going through all the doodads... what is it called?


It's not a doodad, but a unit. It's where the recource nodes are.
Gerbeeros
Profile Joined May 2010
101 Posts
October 07 2010 18:21 GMT
#188
Ok, i have following problem when making a map. When placing any building to terrain it lifts the terrain for a bit underneath the building. Like the building is standing on top of small pyramid. This also happens when i test the map in game. CC has small "pyramid" underneath and when building new buildings "puramids appear under them.

Tried making 2 separate maps and this still happens. Help please.....
Thoreezhea1
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States532 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-11 17:45:38
October 08 2010 01:52 GMT
#189
EDIT: nvm
What the Fu- REAPERS?!
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
October 08 2010 17:06 GMT
#190
On October 06 2010 05:49 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2010 20:39 TibblesEvilCat wrote:
how do i rescale the entire map?

I'm not sure what exactly you mean with rescale, you can change the map size under Map > Map Bounds but you can't rescale all the terrain you've already added.


thanks, i'ld just have to rework the entire map the make it correct.
xox

Request: Can you write "how to use map Map Analyzer for morons" please, i struggle writing in normal english let alone code
Live Fast Die Young :D
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-09 18:19:56
October 09 2010 18:19 GMT
#191
On October 06 2010 05:49 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2010 12:17 synapse wrote:
I've published a map (Private), but I can't seem to change it from "Custom" to "Melee" (to play vs a computer opponent) in-game... The SCII Editor says my map meets all the requirements for a Melee map, so what am I supposed to do?

Hopefully I'm not just being stupid and missing something very obvious in-game....

Hard to say without seeing anything^^
Is it possible that you only set 1 starting point?

If not, what does it say in the Map > Game Variants menu?

Show nested quote +
On October 04 2010 20:39 TibblesEvilCat wrote:
how do i rescale the entire map?

I'm not sure what exactly you mean with rescale, you can change the map size under Map > Map Bounds but you can't rescale all the terrain you've already added.

When I look at the overview manager, it says my map has only 1 active player, but I have no idea how to change it to 2... I have 2 starting locations, theres nothing wrong with them.
:)
Gaahl
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany7 Posts
October 10 2010 10:50 GMT
#192
On October 10 2010 03:19 synapse wrote:
When I look at the overview manager, it says my map has only 1 active player, but I have no idea how to change it to 2... I have 2 starting locations, theres nothing wrong with them.


Go to Map -> Player properties. You will see, that all but Player 0 and Player 1 are grayed out.
Select Player 2 and set his "control" from "none" to "user".
Then go to Map -> Game variants and make sure that "Melee 1v1 (Default)" is there.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
October 10 2010 18:41 GMT
#193
Does anyone know how to import a picture into the editor without increasing the mapfile's size for around 50MB?
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
October 11 2010 03:26 GMT
#194
Advanced Question: Is it possible to create your own doodad and have it appear in melee maps? How would I do that?

Newbie Question: How do I lock spawns together to make them teams? Or for 1v1s or 4player maps, lock cross-spawns?
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Thoreezhea1
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States532 Posts
October 11 2010 17:46 GMT
#195
How do I get the map editor open if I did the Digital download? How do I install it? Is it a desktop icon?
What the Fu- REAPERS?!
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
October 11 2010 21:47 GMT
#196
it should be in your starcraft2 folder
Live Fast Die Young :D
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
October 12 2010 08:47 GMT
#197
Is it possible to stack water? For example, If I wanted lava to fall and water to rise in the same place.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
October 12 2010 16:07 GMT
#198
Does anyone know how to get the "activate" animation on a Xel'Naga Tower? I duplicated and changed one slightly but I can't find anything to fix the animation :s
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
October 13 2010 06:29 GMT
#199
Somebody does know why sometimes a new made melee map (from scratch) ingame is available as melee and custom (never changed any settings and all my other melee maps are identified as melee (and not + custom)).
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
aNDRoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States637 Posts
October 13 2010 16:21 GMT
#200
On this week's SOTG, there was discussion on the fact that on Shakuras Plateau 1v1 players always spawn in "cross position". This post clarifies that it just prevents close vertical position spawns. Does this happen with any other 2v2 maps for 1v1 ladder games? It'd be great to know that I don't need to scout a starting position for a map if I don't have to.
Hi. My name is Werner Brandes. My voice is my passport. Verify me.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
BRAT_OK 58
JuggernautJason53
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24064
Mini 407
Hyuk 157
firebathero 127
ggaemo 120
Dewaltoss 110
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 23
ZZZero.O 13
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
Gorgc7406
febbydoto14
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3524
Khaldor1381
crisheroes1036
Liquid`Hasu802
Other Games
FrodaN2776
fl0m916
Beastyqt798
mouzStarbuck274
KnowMe238
ArmadaUGS124
Mew2King57
Trikslyr38
Chillindude19
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1080
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 90
• StrangeGG 47
• Adnapsc2 22
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 40
• 80smullet 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8731
• WagamamaTV461
Other Games
• imaqtpie827
• Shiphtur250
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 57m
INu's Battles
16h 57m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 57m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 57m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.