• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:16
CEST 20:16
KST 03:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9627 users

Would you pay for SC2 unit skins? - Page 4

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Iqbust
Profile Joined January 2015
Canada1 Post
January 12 2015 05:09 GMT
#61
The game definitely needs more skins, it'd be interesting to have coin rewards for playing ladder that you could then spend on the skins. Would motivate people to grind more
01001110 01100101 01110010 01100100
mantequilla
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Turkey781 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-22 11:16:53
January 22 2015 11:12 GMT
#62
I'm a gold leaguer. About 3 months ago, I played a game which I lost my army (product of 20 minute macroing and defending harassment) because of 1 small mistake, in a game I believe I was way ahead. There were build orders written on papers on my desk and I was practising them. Got frustrated and uninstalled the game afterwards.

Sure I still watch streams, read TL and catch tournaments if one of my favourite players participate. But I just don't enjoy playing the game a bit. I even have couple friends on high masters that invite me to 2v2 3v3 games just for fun and I can't even stand those. They can win games without me doing anything and I still get frustrated.

No skins or other make-up changes will make me enjoy the game, so I won't pay for a cosmetic item for a stalker that I'm not attached to.
Age of Mythology forever!
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
January 23 2015 16:46 GMT
#63
On December 19 2014 01:49 monkh wrote:
I bought CS:GO when it was you had to buy it to pick it up, and i;ve bought some of the super cheap skins for it, if blizzard did do it I think people that bought the game should get a large discount on skins and they shouldnt be anywhere near as dear as heros skins they are ridiculous


That's what I hate about CS:GO the most... I paid fucking money for this shit and yet they wanna strip me here and there for every bit of content (which is mostly community-generated)...

Gonna stick to da old method -> develop a product (yeah, until it's actually finished, no early access shit) -> name a Price and sell it so everyone can access ALL the content they paid for.
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
murd3r3r
Profile Joined April 2010
Czech Republic102 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-24 18:27:51
January 24 2015 18:27 GMT
#64
definitely no, i dont mind the option for ppl who wants but i'd like to see the option to disable all skins (yours and oponents) in games and play with standard skins that would be great <3 hope the'll implement sth like that in LotV
and the heavens shall tremble
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
January 26 2015 19:07 GMT
#65
Things like skins, sound packs, UI modification options (only cosmetic!), additional campaign packs / small missions, whatever.
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
Bastinian
Profile Joined October 2014
Serbia177 Posts
January 26 2015 21:19 GMT
#66
I would add that developers need motivation to work on game, so skins, portraits and similar would come good for them, they would have money from those stuff, and we would have more patches. How do WoW have so much patches every year? Because developers get money from it constantly. I don't say that SC2 should have subscription method, but things like in game micro transaction for cosmetics would come good for Blizzard. Tournaments would also have bigger price pools and pro players would be even more motivated.
Tryhard, road to pro-gamer! :) | twitter.com/bastiniansc2 | twitch.tv/bastinian |
Hot_Ice
Profile Joined January 2013
139 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-30 14:27:18
January 30 2015 13:21 GMT
#67
--- Nuked ---
DeadByDawn
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom476 Posts
February 02 2015 01:45 GMT
#68
Yes I would pay. However the skins would have to be in keeping and not make unit identification difficult.

New overlays and advisers would be cool too. Soundtracks also.

But what price? For me $5 is an easy throwaway for a Terran re-skin, maybe $10 for a really cool makeover.
zergtat
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Hong Kong853 Posts
February 04 2015 03:41 GMT
#69
I definitely would pay. Just like what I did in DOTA2 ahahhaaha
Z: SEn P: White-Ra T: Polt
aike
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1629 Posts
February 06 2015 17:55 GMT
#70
I think the poll should have had more options such as...

"I wouldn't buy, but I don't mind if others do"
and
"I don't think there should be skins"

because I feel like that would better represent the community's thoughts on the matter. Some people just don't want skins in the game at all (They could just have an option to disable them) and other people just wouldn't want to pay money for them (Some sort of in game currency could help with that)...

Personally I would buy the shit out of some skins And play way more ladder games if there was some form of reward for doing so haha. People say you don't have time to look at it and whatever in game... that's not completely true, in a tournament I could see a lot of people enjoying the custom armies.

Dawn of War had an army painter, something like that could be cool. So instead of an actual skin for your units, you just create a custom paint job that is applied to all of them (Similar to picking a color in game)
Wahaha
robson1
Profile Joined March 2013
3632 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-07 17:11:40
February 07 2015 17:09 GMT
#71
Sound packs would be great. Destiny sound pack? Sign me up for that.

But Skins? Nah. I'm actually only okay with skinpacks if the enemy can turn them off or if they are very subtle.

However let's face it. A F2P starcraft 2 would be a real disaster: You could create unlimited smurfs which absolutely everyone would do who had at least 1 game experience of "ladder anxiety". (a price does not stop it but limits it quite alot, especially in the case of infinity). Smurfs do destroy the experience of every new or casual player thusly stopping these from playing the game, let alone becoming esports fans(...). That's why I do not agree with F2P, for sc2 (specifically disagreeing with the option "but only if f2p").


have you played broodwar? You could create unlimited online accounts. It was not a problem at all.
Genius is that funny scientist who no one takes seriously until he kills you with a flame throwing trumpet. - stuchiu 2013
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
February 07 2015 21:05 GMT
#72
On December 22 2014 03:18 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
No, I wouldn't buy. And if they make skins for sc2 there needs to be option to switch them off. I don't want to see any of them.

This.
MielieZA
Profile Joined August 2012
South Africa25 Posts
February 09 2015 09:17 GMT
#73
I'm all for this. Keeping the game fresh and the community active while ensuring a source of income that could be (hopefully) put towards growing the e-sports scene...I really don't see the problem here.

Sure you need the option to turn the skins off, but that's simple enough I'm sure.

I think for the casual community this will be a hook to keep them around and let's be honest...watching a game with Flash vs Life and they have their units custom skinned with unique skins will.be.awesome!

So yes, I say go for it...don't see a downside here.
A pet rock makes a lousy best friend. But it's pretty good in a fight.
yocheco619
Profile Joined February 2011
United States28 Posts
February 09 2015 21:15 GMT
#74
I'm surprised but, thinking it over, I would pay. It would have to be cheap though. Nothing like $9.99 for 5 skins.
I would pay for a pack that has like 2 new full zerg skins for $4.99.

Idk. I'm just not that big into milking or free-to-play mindsets.
tomastaz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States976 Posts
February 15 2015 00:31 GMT
#75
why wouldn't you??
No church in the wild --- @tzhang0126
gDPhantom
Profile Joined January 2015
New Zealand162 Posts
February 21 2015 06:05 GMT
#76
Although a lot say no, and i am one of them, you only need a minority to be buying shit for it to be worthwhile. Although i imagine people who browse TL would be more likely to buy than people who dont and are more casual. maybe
YNWA
syroz
Profile Joined September 2012
France249 Posts
February 26 2015 04:59 GMT
#77
26% would pay? Players are amazing those days. They're getting robbed but they ask for more.
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
February 26 2015 20:32 GMT
#78
I will pay any amount of money, even to the point of bankruptcy, perform any act, even sexual stuff and self-harm, and give the whole of my being to be dumped into a meat grinder if its for StarCraft. I don't even need skins. Anyone who says differently probably hates eSports and works for the illuminati/patriarchy/Garena.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
lost_artz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States366 Posts
February 28 2015 08:31 GMT
#79
On February 26 2015 13:59 syroz wrote:
26% would pay? Players are amazing those days. They're getting robbed but they ask for more.


If a game is free I don't mind spending whatever I consider said game to be worth on Skins/Retextures
Lucifear
Profile Joined February 2015
3 Posts
February 28 2015 16:36 GMT
#80
I think that they should have color/skin overhauls like dark toss and you should either get it by getting the dark voice portrait or pay with it.Stuff like that would be sick!!!Would make starcraft a funner game to play to ;D
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 776
IndyStarCraft 227
ProTech128
UpATreeSC 66
BRAT_OK 60
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29397
Shuttle 804
Hyuk 147
Dewaltoss 102
firebathero 85
Trap 59
White-Ra 53
ToSsGirL 32
Bale 20
Sacsri 19
[ Show more ]
Rock 17
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc8551
qojqva1819
Counter-Strike
fl0m1623
Fnx 855
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1351
Khaldor1315
Liquid`Hasu302
Other Games
summit1g2847
FrodaN1760
Beastyqt525
XBOCT282
Mlord272
DeMusliM189
ArmadaUGS169
KnowMe148
C9.Mang0147
XaKoH 115
QueenE88
CosmosSc2 17
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 843
ComeBackTV 694
Other Games
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream53
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH317
• StrangeGG 59
• Hinosc 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie771
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 44m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 44m
Online Event
16h 44m
FEL
21h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.