• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:24
CEST 22:24
KST 05:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8641 users

Jinnam vs Nazgul - About StarCraft

Forum Index > News
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
Last Edited: 2003-01-05 15:28:24
January 05 2003 14:57 GMT
#1
I tried to post about this 2 days ago. Somehow it didn't work and my report was gone. This made me mad and I didn't feel like re-doing it since then. I just got home (monday 7 am.. yay progamer life ) and figured I should give this another try.

This thursday I had a TV game scheduelled against Jinnam. The show that we played in is called "About StarCraft". It's about a specific progamer each time. This time it was Jinnam on who they would do the show. Among other things the show includes a game against an amature/new face in the BW scene, which would be me. The game was to be played at Lost Temple Gembc. This map is about the same as Lost Temple Game-i.

My position was 9 and Jinnam had gotten 12. I started the game with a gateway at 8 and was planning on walling him in with a zealot cannon combination. I scouted him right away and saw he was going lord and pool before his hatchery below the choke to cover his expansion. I sticked with my 1 gateway and instead of going forge I opted for a 1 gateway templar tech build order. Because my gateway was made so early I had 3 zealots when his first 6 lings arrived at my door. My scouting probe saw he continued making lings to defend against my zealots. I expanded when I had 5 zealots and a cannon at my choke. He attacked right away with many speed lings taking out 2 zealots and a morphing cannon without too much losses. I retreated to my cannon on high ground to keep my other 3 zealots save for a moment so my to be maynarded probes could help out. He attacked the nexus, got it down to yellow, but lost all his lings to a zealot probe combination. I made 4 cannons really fast, but his lurkers arrived just before they got finished. All this time I had been pumping templars out of my 1 gateway and by now I had 4 templars with about 5 storms. The storms plus morping cannons took care of 3 or so lurkers. I continued to tech to robotics and storm dropped his main a few times while slowly fighting a hydras lurker containment. I had a big advantage now because early game he pressured so much and gained nothing. My forges were running and I had 2-2 before he had 1-1. I pulled of 2 very succesful storm drops on his main despite him having scourge to defend against shuttles. When I broke out I expanded to both my second natural and I also made a nexus at the 3 o'clock main where I had send a probe to scout for his expansions. I won a big battle by very much after I broke out of the containment and killed his 2nd expansion, which was at the 3 o'clock 2nd natural. Right now I had superior upgrades and 3 expands all heavily protected with cannons and templars against 1 natural which was about to run dry. This was when my BW closed. The show hosts were telling me I'd get a win for the game, but it turned out the replay was unusable and we had to play again. Sad, but nothing could be done about it.

In the second game I got 12 and Jinnam got 9. He went for a 11 hatch at choke and 10 pool build order. I did 8 gateway again. This time I made a fast forge since he didn't go pool first. I made a pylon below his choke and 2 cannons as soon as my money let me. I build a cannon in cover of both pylon and the cannons up his plateau right above the gas. This way he couldn't get gas and his units had to go passed my cannons to get out. I went gas and core sair and templar tech in my main while he desperately sent out some lings plus drones to make a hatchery at his expansion where he would be able to get some gas. I expanded with some templars and cannons. Soon after I build up 7 gateways and basically just played it out. I had superior economy, upgrades and supply by now and expanded another time while killing his 2nd expansion. He tried dropping my main and a final attack on my second expansion soon after. Both got denied with hardly any losses on my side and he left the game.

For the second game I will upload the replay real soon. I've already got it, but not on this computer. Since the replay was used in the show itself on TV as well they don't mind me posting it here.

Because I won I will appear in their show next week again. This time I will be playing a terran progamer. They haven't told me who, yet. As soon as I find out I will let you guys know.
Administrator
iD.Twisted
Profile Joined September 2002
Netherlands3102 Posts
January 05 2003 15:06 GMT
#2
Cool, nice game report Vic, and I can't wait to view the replay
All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you
Anal_Ripper
Profile Joined December 2002
Russian Federation1233 Posts
January 05 2003 15:10 GMT
#3
nice to hear from you at last Nazgul. Good luck for your next game
Better to fast than eat of every meat, better to live alone than mate with all
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
January 05 2003 15:17 GMT
#4
terran pro? how have they done so far? they done nada or boxer yet?
LumberJack
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3355 Posts
January 05 2003 15:18 GMT
#5
congrads
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.
Tajgrr
Profile Joined November 2002
Sweden71 Posts
January 05 2003 15:25 GMT
#6
Good stuff! A battlereport from one of the participants really wrings out the most of the game.. u really get to know whats the thought behind every move. Gw, gl in the future.
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
January 05 2003 15:31 GMT
#7
They already had Nada in. Boxer I don't know, but I doubt he would do it.
Administrator
Talith
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States1102 Posts
January 05 2003 15:38 GMT
#8
cant wait to see that replay nazgul, sounds awesome!
Artenus
Profile Joined September 2002
United States162 Posts
January 05 2003 15:46 GMT
#9
lemme guess...xellos on bifrost
Roman
Profile Joined November 2002
United States2595 Posts
January 05 2003 15:48 GMT
#10
wow gj man~~!
mensrea
Profile Joined September 2002
Canada5062 Posts
January 05 2003 15:56 GMT
#11
I've said it already, but gw Victor. I really felt you had it tough going against Jinnam in your first match here in Korea, but you rose to the occasion like a champ. Good stuff.

Next progamer: hmm, they've had Nada and ChRh already...so, who's left? ElkY? Doubt it (for now) - too much work for the show hosts to do the simultaneous translations. Xellos maybe? Or KOs? Both are "favorites" on the KPGA Tour, so they'd be my guess. Anyway, go for the win streak! You could be like Nada was on Gembc Race Wars!

Just saw Nal_rA doing that show this past week. He played v some new face Zerg (dunno who) who wasn't too bad. Nal_rA was all defense for the first 10-15 mins or so v hydra/lurkers - then broke out with an unstoppable zeal/goon/temp push that wasted everything his opponent had in about 30 secs. Pretty typical for Kang. The most amazing thing tho was how economical Nal_rA is with his mouse and keyboard - no wasted motion whatsoever. I mean, the guy's known to be a relatively (RELATIVELY) slow player when it comes to mouse/keyboard speed, but his economy of motion lets him get the job done in about the same time as the fastest of the pro gamers. Fantastic stuff. Also, the guy is QUIET when he plays. With other pros, you'll hear them rattling away at their keyboards like they were writing an article on a deadline that's already past, but Nal_rA appeared more like he's having a lazy chat on MSN while sipping on a cup of coffee.
actus non facit reum, nisi mens sit rea.
[r]h_probe
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States188 Posts
January 05 2003 17:24 GMT
#12
huk mensrea, you mean when nal_ra is slow, how slow do you really mean? Do you mean that he is still insanely fast, just not as insanely fast as other pros?
Bleww
Profile Joined October 2002
United States1080 Posts
January 05 2003 17:33 GMT
#13
Congratulations nazgul, and nice report.
I am back
Pomozite
Profile Joined October 2002
Croatia647 Posts
January 05 2003 18:09 GMT
#14
On January 06 2003 00:31 [pG]Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
Boxer I don't know, but I doubt he would do it.

If they pay him enought he will play.
i used to be schizophrenic, but we re ok now
Bizkit
Profile Joined October 2002
Sweden1137 Posts
January 05 2003 18:57 GMT
#15
On January 06 2003 00:56 mensrea wrote:
I've said it already, but gw Victor. I really felt you had it tough going against Jinnam in your first match here in Korea, but you rose to the occasion like a champ. Good stuff.

Next progamer: hmm, they've had Nada and ChRh already...so, who's left? ElkY? Doubt it (for now) - too much work for the show hosts to do the simultaneous translations. Xellos maybe? Or KOs? Both are "favorites" on the KPGA Tour, so they'd be my guess. Anyway, go for the win streak! You could be like Nada was on Gembc Race Wars!

Just saw Nal_rA doing that show this past week. He played v some new face Zerg (dunno who) who wasn't too bad. Nal_rA was all defense for the first 10-15 mins or so v hydra/lurkers - then broke out with an unstoppable zeal/goon/temp push that wasted everything his opponent had in about 30 secs. Pretty typical for Kang. The most amazing thing tho was how economical Nal_rA is with his mouse and keyboard - no wasted motion whatsoever. I mean, the guy's known to be a relatively (RELATIVELY) slow player when it comes to mouse/keyboard speed, but his economy of motion lets him get the job done in about the same time as the fastest of the pro gamers. Fantastic stuff. Also, the guy is QUIET when he plays. With other pros, you'll hear them rattling away at their keyboards like they were writing an article on a deadline that's already past, but Nal_rA appeared more like he's having a lazy chat on MSN while sipping on a cup of coffee.



when was this played? the nal_ra game vs some guy.
Gimme vod number -.-
http://www.gosugamers.net
Ra1L
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain290 Posts
January 05 2003 19:14 GMT
#16
Agree with all: nice report and congrats.

I guess the terran will be themarine (but i think u said u go to see him playing one or two weeks ago in ghemtv...so if that's true i put my money on kOs).
mensrea
Profile Joined September 2002
Canada5062 Posts
January 05 2003 20:17 GMT
#17
Bizkit,

It's About Starcraft #11.
actus non facit reum, nisi mens sit rea.
MaGnIfIcA
Profile Joined October 2002
Norway2312 Posts
January 05 2003 23:51 GMT
#18
NICE naz
GL vs the terran guy btw!
Keep writting reports like this after your games when you have the time
Wannabe sMB member yo, so spankable-.-v;;
Liquid`Spy
Profile Joined October 2002
Netherlands1301 Posts
January 06 2003 01:23 GMT
#19
gj naz, nice thing to start with in korea
Im a spy in the house of love
J23
Profile Joined December 2002
Korea (South)6 Posts
Last Edited: 2003-01-06 17:30:38
January 06 2003 03:24 GMT
#20
congratulation naz~~
good luck on next game~
fighting~~~
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 537
JuggernautJason69
Nathanias 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15063
Dewaltoss 114
Bale 11
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4364
Khaldor1717
Liquid`Hasu826
Other Games
summit1g5756
fl0m987
Beastyqt677
shahzam427
FrodaN291
byalli282
ArmadaUGS161
C9.Mang0161
KnowMe157
UpATreeSC85
Mew2King67
PPMD18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
Other Games
angryscii15
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie900
• Shiphtur218
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 37m
Stellar Fest
16h 37m
OSC
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 13h
Online Event
1d 14h
FEL
1d 19h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.