• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:05
CEST 03:05
KST 10:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5841 users

Liquipedia Review - Episode II

Forum Index > News
35 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 Next All

Liquipedia Review - Episode II

Text byAesop
October 7th, 2009 10:15 GMT
[image loading]


The Liquipedia Review - Volume II

Our total views have recently passed 2 Million and our coverage on the strat forum is getting better and better, and soon all requests will be answered by a single link and closed immediately. Recent discoveries, such as Replay Commands or the new Proleague maps have also found their way in. Onto the news:

1. Mech Discussed Thoroughly

If you missed it and weren't pointed to it yet: We held our first public Q&A on strategic issues last month, along with a bunch of highly competent experts, namely the heads of liquipedia Zerg and Terran strategy, Chill and Ver, and our invited guests, Artosis, Idra and Day[9]. All those did a fantastic job of highlighting vital issues of Mech TvZ and I highly recommend you to check out the transcript on Liquipedia or to download the entire thing.

2. The Foreign Invasion

The foreign invasion has started. People have begun adding their favorite foreign players to liquipedia. We haven't got everyone yet, but here are (in no particular order): G5, Mondragon, Draco, Artosis, iNcontroL, Machine, ret, Louder. If you want to help, pick your favorite foreigner to write about and put it up. If you need help with formating and other software issues, be sure to visit our channel: #liquipedia on quakenet.

3. A Magnificient Tutorial

If you are still afraid of editing the wiki, Pholon has invested his time and creativity into a short video tutorial. It covers the most important and basic steps of making wiki entries and should help everyone to get along better with our software. Click the spoiler!
+ Show Spoiler [Video] +

4. User in Spotlight

On a word with battlecruiser pilot fusionsdf:
+ Show Spoiler +
LP: Care to give us a quick introduction of yourself?

fusionsdf: oh boy. Hi, I'm fusionsdf, protoss hater, Flash imitator, and legendary poster. I tend to watch much more than I play nowadays, and I'm one of the early contributors to Liquipedia. I've had the honor of meeting both Chill and Mani in person, and have lost convincingly to both. Terran is definitely my race of choice. was that quick enough?

LP: That sums you up pretty well I think.
So why did you decide to help out with Liquipedia in its early stages?

fusionsdf:
Well as I recall the current mafia game was going through a lull....

Actually, I wanted to do something like this for a long time. I tried doing stats reports before, and even a run at starcraft tivo or playback or whatever we called it. So I have a history of trying to undertake big projects. Liquipedia had the added advantage of not really having a lot of pressure. If one person is gone for a week, another can step in; if someone is unfamiliar with a section, then the others can handle it. Honestly the team was so dedicated as a whole, I felt really motivated to try and keep up.

The project had basically been declared dead at that point and we were really seen as the last push. If we couldn't produce something good under a timeline then it was a good chance that the entire project would be dropped. I'm not sure I should be saying this, but its scary how close Liquipedia was to being just dropped, forgotten about and never released. It's not an easy project to organize by any stretch, which is why I'm pretty happy its finally out.

LP: Oh, if they only knew what happened in the back room discussion

fusionsdf: boy if TL is known for anything its drama :D

LP: Tell us what are you responsible for in the wiki, and what you are looking towards in the future.

fusionsdf: Boy. In our fairly small team I was pretty much dealing mainly with Terran. cgrinker and ver worked on terran a lot too, so it wasn't a solo effort by any stretch. The Double Armory build is my baby. Even though Ver and I ended up each doing about half of that page, I put an insane amount of effort into making sure I understood that build very very well. Lots of playing, replay analysing and vod watching. I would talk more about my heroic struggles, but I don't want to bore people. :D

{Also a note to anyone unfamiliar with Ver: this dude knows a crazy amount about terran strategy and starcraft in general. I honestly trust him on anything regarding terran than I do some of the top foreigners. If you play terran, do yourself a favor and look up some of his posts.}
Other than that specific page, I helped out with designing the organization, which even more than the content was the hugest stumbling block we had to overcome. As mentioned before, it was the difficulty trying to organize Liquipedia that I believe almost led to it being unreleased.
Regarding the future, it looks like people are still getting used to how to get things to work. I want to remind people that you can PM the staff if you have any questions. I hope people start to dig into the strategy section a bit more and use the talk pages (or whatever other method) to discuss things.

There are also a lot of things that have to be transferred from the strat forum to LQ.

LP: I think it's good to let people know what happened behind the scenes =] Where do you think average users can help out the most? I hear a lot of talk about people not have any strategic insight to add (I'm D myself so I scoff that off)

fusionsdf: oh god

LP: :D

fusionsdf: I just lost my whole response TT
(7:12:02 PM) Unable to send message: The message is too large.
TT

LP: O_O

fusionsdf: *Well lets attempt a rewrite

fusionsdf: Things like grammar and making sure the page follows the style guide will always be useful as we add new content. And things like updating Player information can be done fairly easily as well with just a little research. Its those things that the new users tend to be focusing most on. But that's not all that low level players can contribute. Our current focus (or one of them at least) is on transferring all the really good and useful information -- guides, posts, whatever -- into liquipedia. When you think of the difference between the two systems; One constantly updated page where all the useful information is condensed, edited and verified vs it being spread out among several topics that all haven't been bumped in two years where you have the exceptional content surrounded by information that is useless or outdated or just plain wrong, its not hard to see the advantages of transferring it over.

So a new user could contact an author of something exceptional (like something in the recommended topic list) and ask them if its ok to do the transfer. Ideally the author would do it themselves, since they understand their own post the best and it reduces workload on the core staff, but if they give permission, the new user can help transfer the content themselves. If there are any questions about what should be transferred and what shouldn't and which parts should go where on the page, feel free to PM anyone associated with the Liquipedia project. We really do read those PMs.

LP: I guess that's sufficient for an interview. wow. good answers. let's close things off shall we? i say a word, tell me what comes to mind
ready?

fusionsdf: oh no

LP:cmonnnnnn

fusionsdf: ok go -_-; I have a feeling this is going to be just like that writing analysis post TT

LP: terran

fusionsdf: manly

LP: starcraft

fusionsdf: awesome

LP: warcraft

fusionsdf: lol who cares

LP: chill

fusionsdf: 6 pool

LP: zerg

fusionsdf: dangerous

LP: protoss

fusionsdf: should be playing warcraft

LP: vodka

fusionsdf: *oh god

LP: lol that's a good way to end. thx again!

fusionsdf: also a shoutout to all those who attended the last calgary starcraft meetup. Lets not talk about those games, k?

5. Le Poll

[image loading]

Poll: What do you read Liquipedia for?
(Vote): Strategy
(Vote): Players
(Vote): Maps
(Vote): Definitions
(Vote): Other

Cheers, Liquipedia Staff
Facebook Twitter Reddit
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24800 Posts
October 08 2009 10:54 GMT
#2
My master plan to create a depository of information about foreigners, a much-needed treasure in this community, has been reduced to a mere footnote. Still, I'm glad it's going to start getting attention.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-08 11:22:51
October 08 2009 11:22 GMT
#3
This is really great, I'm glad the project is still going strong.

I may try to add some things to the Legionnare article, he deserves it.
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
October 08 2009 11:25 GMT
#4
On October 08 2009 19:54 micronesia wrote:
My master plan to create a depository of information about foreigners, a much-needed treasure in this community, has been reduced to a mere footnote. Still, I'm glad it's going to start getting attention.

It all started on http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/User:Micronesia , there is no denying that!
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
October 08 2009 11:27 GMT
#5
I mostly use Liquipedia for strategies and build order timings. I learned a shitload, so thanks a lot.
Brood War loyalist
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
October 08 2009 12:04 GMT
#6
I like the map section and player sections on LP but think there needs to be a lot more content.

Also, I offerend to help out posting player bios on LP ages ago but was told by the person I contacted that it was not needed and that wasn't what LP is about >:O
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
October 08 2009 12:07 GMT
#7
It is now!

Tbh we can use all the help we can get since there are a shitton of players. If you want to start a new page (Leg doesn't have one yet afaik, maybe del and Suc can team up for that?) there's a template that you can copy paste in http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/User:Micronesia/Ftemplate
It's really pretty easy and if you hae any questions don't hesitate to pm me Aesop.
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
BookTwo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1985 Posts
October 08 2009 12:26 GMT
#8
haha I liked that interview
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
October 08 2009 12:37 GMT
#9
On October 08 2009 21:04 iCCup.deL wrote:
I like the map section and player sections on LP but think there needs to be a lot more content.

Also, I offerend to help out posting player bios on LP ages ago but was told by the person I contacted that it was not needed and that wasn't what LP is about >:O

Even in the worst case, it would mean that we learn .

Your contributions to both maps and players would be most welcome and don't hesitate to contact us - IRC is usually the fastest way.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Zortch
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada635 Posts
October 08 2009 13:09 GMT
#10
Haha, nice interview and thanks for all your hard work!
Liquipedia is amazing.
Respect is everything. ~ARchon
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8178 Posts
October 08 2009 13:21 GMT
#11
If I weren't so busy with school I would of started adding in content to starleague pages a while ago :\
Free Palestine
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
October 08 2009 13:28 GMT
#12
great interview!
Moderator<:3-/-<
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
October 08 2009 13:46 GMT
#13
Thanks for the update Aesop!

Keep up the good work, Liquipedia editors and contributors!
✌
FakeKisser
Profile Joined September 2008
United States159 Posts
October 08 2009 14:02 GMT
#14
I'm very glad the Liquipedia is up and getting attention. I have yet to spend a lot of time there, but it's on my things to do list... Hopefully I'll then be able to contribute somehow.

Thanks!
"Every generation needs a revolution" - Thomas Jefferson
Kau *
Profile Joined March 2007
Canada3502 Posts
October 08 2009 14:35 GMT
#15
Wasn't the last Calgary Starcraft meetup for PL finals? I don't remember you playing fusion..
Moderator
Einherjar
Profile Joined August 2009
Macedonia29 Posts
October 08 2009 14:48 GMT
#16
I really don't like the options from the poll. I tend to search liquipedia about all kind of sorts of Starcraft related topics. From whereabouts for a progammer - to Strategies and match-up description.The few articles there, are really nicely put and eloquent so i would really love to see more articles for sure.

The strong did what they could and the weak suffered what they must.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
October 08 2009 15:02 GMT
#17
One of the bookmarks on my sidekick phone is the liquipedia random page button, so I can read the SC goodness wherever I go. Thanks for an awesome feature, and continue being awesome! ^_^
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-08 15:11:53
October 08 2009 15:11 GMT
#18
This has really turned into one of the best places for any help SC related. Instead of having my friends look for dead threads I just link them to the liquipedia entries which are so incredibly helpful. The content growth and maintenance has been especially great so far!

Thanks guys
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
October 08 2009 15:16 GMT
#19
On October 08 2009 19:54 micronesia wrote:
My master plan to create a depository of information about foreigners, a much-needed treasure in this community, has been reduced to a mere footnote. Still, I'm glad it's going to start getting attention.


its ok your work is not in vane

<3
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
andiCR
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2273 Posts
October 08 2009 15:24 GMT
#20
hahaha

LP: chill

fusionsdf: 6 pool
Nightmare1795 wrote: I played a guy in bronze who said he was Japanese. That was the only game I ever dropped a nuke, which was purely coincidental.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2581
Artosis 675
White-Ra 102
910 49
Dota 2
monkeys_forever660
NeuroSwarm193
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv242
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe170
Other Games
summit1g8428
shahzam607
JimRising 573
C9.Mang0291
ArmadaUGS70
Day[9].tv2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream314
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• davetesta18
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv2
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 55m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 55m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.