• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:54
CEST 11:54
KST 18:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)36Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7616 users

Mini Mafia I - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 Next All
Vivi57
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States6599 Posts
August 20 2009 03:47 GMT
#361
yeah, massive thanks to ver and incog, this was a great game
Flash hwaiting! Nal_rA forever!
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
August 20 2009 03:48 GMT
#362
So, through all the chaos...would people do this again?
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
August 20 2009 03:50 GMT
#363
On August 20 2009 12:48 Incognito wrote:
So, through all the chaos...would people do this again?


I sure would, I thought this was incredibly fun. Nice break from the long games.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
August 20 2009 03:50 GMT
#364
I think I prefer a longer game. Was pretty hard for town to discuss stuff properly with so little time :p
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Vivi57
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States6599 Posts
August 20 2009 03:50 GMT
#365
I'd definitely do this again (and be on time next time )
Flash hwaiting! Nal_rA forever!
Jimtudor
Profile Joined June 2007
Canada259 Posts
August 20 2009 03:51 GMT
#366
Yeah, it was fun.....short action packed movie lol. Oh, thanks to Ver too.
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
August 20 2009 03:51 GMT
#367
I did learn a lot though! Thanks Ver and Incognito ^^
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 20 2009 03:54 GMT
#368
On August 20 2009 12:48 Incognito wrote:
So, through all the chaos...would people do this again?


Like I said before I prefer small games. Makes people see how to work around long games and how to read people.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
August 20 2009 03:55 GMT
#369
I was wondering though, would people prefer small 11 player short games like this with 25ish minute day cycles? Or just the regular 48/24 hour cycle with 11 players? Both small games but one with a little more time to breathe.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
August 20 2009 03:56 GMT
#370
On August 20 2009 12:55 Incognito wrote:
I was wondering though, would people prefer small 11 player short games like this with 25ish minute day cycles? Or just the regular 48/24 hour cycle with 11 players? Both small games but one with a little more time to breathe.


I would prefer the fast games.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
August 20 2009 03:59 GMT
#371
On August 20 2009 12:55 Incognito wrote:
I was wondering though, would people prefer small 11 player short games like this with 25ish minute day cycles? Or just the regular 48/24 hour cycle with 11 players? Both small games but one with a little more time to breathe.

24/48 hour style games hurts the mafia too much. The town can't have that much time to post and digest. However, days should be a bit longer than they were here. I honestly didn't get to reread posts after day 1 because I didn't have that kind of time.
Uff Da
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
August 20 2009 04:03 GMT
#372
Sorry for having to change/extend the lynch times constantly guys. There were some lag problems with TL; in particular Infundi ended up dying at least partially because it took him too long to access TL to defend himself and then roleclaim. And as well we didn't want nights to end with most of the people not having voted (a lot of ppl didn't vote as it was). Maybe this is an adjustment thing?

Everyone seemed happy with this so we can try to make it a regular thing

I'm not sure what an ideal round time is though. As it was I felt like 25 mins was too short, 30 being a solid number yet almost too rushed. At the same time we can't make it too long or the games are too inconvienent. I know Qatol and Pyrr both ran out of time at the end for sleep/eating or something.

The 48/24 hour game days would be possible too, although possibly too much given the lower number of players. Also it would conflict more with larger games (am thinking of setting one of those up soon as well).

Did mafia have enough time to coordinate during the nights? I know things hurt with Ace being out of the picture for awhile but 5-10 min nights must have been very little.

As a test run this went remarkably well. I was pleased with several people's performances overall. Let's improve on it and make the next one better!
Liquipedia
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 20 2009 04:08 GMT
#373
We coordinated decently once I got back, but I only got to talk to Pyrr (Sato had just gotten lynched). No idea where Sato went.

20-25 minute days seemed fine with me.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
August 20 2009 04:10 GMT
#374
On August 20 2009 13:08 Ace wrote:
We coordinated decently once I got back, but I only got to talk to Pyrr (Sato had just gotten lynched). No idea where Sato went.

20-25 minute days seemed fine with me.


Only cuz you weren't the one trying to find scum? xD
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-20 04:16:12
August 20 2009 04:12 GMT
#375
pretty much ^_^

This game I was more trying to make sure people were skeptical of each other and avoid being baited. As long as people kept dying at night I kinda didn't care what role they had unless it was a Vet In the convos with Pyrr it wasn't until the last night that I can say Roles became more important than the person, and even then it was slight.

ETA: Also Pyrr managed to avoid getting bandwagoned to doom. I kept having to include him in that "group" but thankfully no one got a solid charge on him lol.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
August 20 2009 04:45 GMT
#376
I think overall this was a successful game. However, if we were to do more in the future, I think the most important thing we have to fix is timing. As you probably know timing was probably the hardest part to do for this game, whether it was day/night cycles or just finding enough people to play. The player list was changing constantly up until the last minute with people having events pop up at the last minute and whatnot. So if people would be interested in doing this sort of thing in the future, I propose this idea.

First we would have a set day/time that would be good for most people. Then, we would have a pool of mods who could mod the game. By having a pool of mods rather than one mod, we could still keep the game running if one of the mods had something come up unexpectedly. We could advertise the game/time so that more players would be aware of the game, then have signups start the same day that the game starts. That way we wouldn't have to deal with people's shifting schedules and people dropping out last minute. This way even if people have events come up, we can keep the game running although with a constantly changing player list. Basically, instead of building the game around a set of players, we build the game around a set time and have a pool of players so that we can be flexible with which players actually play the game. Thoughts?
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
August 20 2009 05:58 GMT
#377
hey, just got back from being afk. I was hoping mafia would kill me which they did - I had to go somewhere. I thought I would sacrifice myself to save the blues. I was surprised that there was only two blues. I thought there would be more blues. Well, this game ends my winning streak. For now on, I'll will kill Ace in all mafia games since he betrayed me.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
August 20 2009 06:11 GMT
#378
On August 20 2009 13:12 Ace wrote:

ETA: Also Pyrr managed to avoid getting bandwagoned to doom. I kept having to include him in that "group" but thankfully no one got a solid charge on him lol.

Ya I kept mentioning you in passing, too, but you were slippery like a fish as well!
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
August 20 2009 11:47 GMT
#379
On August 20 2009 15:11 Pyrrhuloxia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2009 13:12 Ace wrote:

ETA: Also Pyrr managed to avoid getting bandwagoned to doom. I kept having to include him in that "group" but thankfully no one got a solid charge on him lol.

Ya I kept mentioning you in passing, too, but you were slippery like a fish as well!

Nah, Town just played badly. Since you'd come up green in a RC, all the Town was working on the assumption that you were one of the few confirmed Town members, and I got PMs from 3 separate sources that seemed (and were) legit, telling me to lay off Pyrr. I should've asked why and remembered about the GF possibility, but with 15 min days I couldn't think beyond the immediate :p
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
August 20 2009 13:20 GMT
#380
I would like to not die before the game starts and actually play. Please do another one soon
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1571
Bisu 742
BeSt 365
Horang2 276
Hyuk 271
actioN 203
Leta 149
Zeus 147
EffOrt 126
Jaedong 118
[ Show more ]
Light 110
ZerO 72
Soma 72
Shinee 48
Mind 41
Mong 40
Killer 37
soO 29
Aegong 29
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 21
Bale 21
sorry 17
Terrorterran 14
hero 14
Sharp 14
Pusan 11
HiyA 9
JulyZerg 8
Noble 7
Rush 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe168
League of Legends
JimRising 367
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1012
shoxiejesuss960
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King176
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1745
Other Games
gofns33472
summit1g8251
singsing1531
ceh9621
crisheroes309
XBOCT257
DeMusliM157
Livibee95
ArmadaUGS90
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick526
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream227
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH260
• LUISG 14
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2273
League of Legends
• Jankos2053
• Rush1278
• Stunt423
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7m
OSC
3h 7m
Stellar Fest
3h 7m
OSC
14h 7m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.