• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:08
CEST 11:08
KST 18:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9976 users

Mafia VIII [GG] - Page 24

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 107 Next
0cz3c
Profile Joined February 2008
United States564 Posts
May 17 2009 22:58 GMT
#461
I'd like to remind everyone that I am indeed running for mayor. I am willing to accept the position of pardoner as well.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 17 2009 22:58 GMT
#462
The issue being bockit, Ace has gotten random mystery votes, showing signs of mafia possibly pushing him into mayor position. They auto lynch nemy, he in worst case scenario flips blue and town starts the we are fucked boat.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
May 17 2009 22:59 GMT
#463
On May 18 2009 07:52 Incognito wrote:
This what? Is why you swtiched voting to Ace 20 minutes ago and said you were going to post an explanation, only to take 20 minutes to quote someone and write one word???


Because I had to read the thread? There were about 4 pages to catch up on. I changed my vote due to certain pms I received when I logged into tl, based on questions I'd asked certain people before I even changed my vote from showtime to mynock, who hadn't responded until I had already gone to bed.

Me quoting a post and saying "This" means I in general echo the sentiments of "This" ie the quote I posted. In other words, I agree with mikeymoo.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 17 2009 23:00 GMT
#464
Okay look. I switched from NemY to Ace because I really felt NemY was legit even though Ace was making some really good posts about it.

Then NemY flat out says he got caught lying and I figure Ace is a good choice because he's basically been proven correct.

Now there's the idea that they BOTH might be red?

My mind is about to fucking explode.
Cheese is good for you!
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
May 17 2009 23:02 GMT
#465
On May 18 2009 07:58 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
The issue being bockit, Ace has gotten random mystery votes, showing signs of mafia possibly pushing him into mayor position. They auto lynch nemy, he in worst case scenario flips blue and town starts the we are fucked boat.


I will admit, I haven't checked the vote thread yet, again, I voted after seeing my pms, irrespective of having read the thread, because I couldn't be arsed doing time conversions and just wanted to get my vote in before any vote closing. I'm now going to re-read the last few pages and check vote thread and see if I want to change my vote!
Their are four errors in this sentance.
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
May 17 2009 23:03 GMT
#466
On a side note, that first sentence of my last post was possibly the worst sentence ever constructed.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 17 2009 23:03 GMT
#467
Scamp, Aces play and nemys play Do not add up.

Ace is way too aggressive, Nemy is way too retarded. Its too cookie cutter perfect.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
May 17 2009 23:05 GMT
#468
Townies can make mistakes. Just because Ace is right doesn't mean he is green. It doesn't even mean that nemY is not a DT. If you people are saying that there is more to this and that nemY is actually red, I would say that there is more to THAT and that nemY is more likely traitor than mafia. Or he's blue.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 17 2009 23:07 GMT
#469
I would put nemy on veteran before putting him on dt, this way he would milk multiple hits early on.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
May 17 2009 23:08 GMT
#470
Incognito if that post is in reference to me agreeing with the Ace/Folca thing, me agreeing with that doesn't mean I think Ace is green. It means I think it was the right thing to do in that game from the position of the town, regardless of the fact that Ace was red. Nemy was implying that it wasn't.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
May 17 2009 23:14 GMT
#471
No my post wasn't in response to you.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
May 17 2009 23:19 GMT
#472
And nemY wouldn't make sense as a veteran. Veteran trying to get elected is dumb. And if he was planning on not getting elected, mafia could try to screw with the town and make them lynch one of their veterans instead of hitting nemY themselves.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 17 2009 23:20 GMT
#473
I think Incog's post was referring to me.

Perhaps I was a little premature in voting for Ace but I certainly don't want to keep switching my vote constantly. I'll definitely think about it more, though. I've got six hours.

I personally want to hear more from Ver. It seems to me like he's just coasting into an elected spot at this point. (Unless he's very active behind the scenes right now.)
Cheese is good for you!
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
May 17 2009 23:29 GMT
#474
I especially want to hear more about Ver. This was the guy who claimed he'd be a great elected position (I believe he was running for Mayor, didn't specifically ask for pardoner) because he'd be incredibly active.

And yet he's not.

Btw incognito, why make a post calling Ver out on this, and then follow it up with "why is nobody commenting on this" and then move your vote from Ace (Believe it or not, I can understand why you are worried about a bandwagon, I'm not personally worried about this, in fact I'm happy that he got the votes but I can understand your worries) to Ver? And if you feel that strongly about Ace, you just put him into pardoner, which most people are willing to agree is a more powerful position than mayor for mafia. This is a large factor in why I put my vote on Ace from Mynock, because it disrupted the current status quo of the election and I wanted to see who made moves to put it back to where it was.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
May 17 2009 23:29 GMT
#475
EBWOP:
I especially want to hear more from Ver.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
May 17 2009 23:33 GMT
#476
It's my turn now.


Yes Scamp I've been pm'ing people actively. I didn't want to post and get stuck in this quagmire; confirm my behavior now with my behavior 2 games ago (when I was vigi and took 3 hits night 1). I stayed out of the vigi debates then because there was no benefit to joining them. It's policy to give the mafia rope for hanging themselves and to not get stuck in the bushes on dumb discussion.

Now onto the Nemy thing:

The interesting part of the Nemy situation is it gives the mafia a chance to argue the town's case which does not hurt the mafia. I jumped on this early to let others blend in and see how far they would go. But yes, the town does not want Nemy in office.

Every single person who is voting for Nemy is voting because they are afraid of losing a DT early (and thus are almost assuredly town). That is not the right kind of logic. His behavior, at the very least, has been EXTRMELY fishy. There's more to it though.

I'll say it right now; Nemy is not mafia (the only possibility is that he is mafia and Ace & co want to use him as a sacrifice to prove their innocence). a) his move is WAY too quick for being mafia (mafia need time to organize). b) it makes no sense. In a veteran's game? Why would a mafia pull this? Yeah a lot of gullible/fearful people are voting for him (STOP NOW).

So yes if Nemy is mafia and he's being used as a sacrifice we'll find that out soon enough. Right now there is not enough evidence to lynch Nemy on that. Yes Nemy's behavior is TERRIBLE. Seriously Nemy you know better if you are DT.

Nemy is either traitor, DT, or any other town role. For all we know he could be veteran. He does this stuff in the past (false roleclaiming) and we have no reason to believe him. Only he and the mafia can prove his role from now on. The mafia doesn't know whether he's DT, traitor, or whatever. They can take the risk and hit him, or not. Either way we will force them to do our job. Again, the town has no reason to lynch Nemy.

HOWEVER

Ace is taking this too far. He had his rope. He had his opportunity to go appear innocent. And he hung himself on it. It is not in the town's interests to lynch Nemy. Because here's the thing, we don't want to lynch the traitor. The traitor has no ACTUAL power. The traitor's only power is influence and words. He can cause mass chaos. But if we know who the traitor is, he is POWERLESS. Nemy is not mafia unless he is a sacrifice. That means we have no reason to lynch him! Yet Ace is going all out trying to get this.

Look at this from a behavior standpoint: Mafia are the ones who are this aggressive. See RoL and Attackzerg trying to get Ace lyched/discredited in BC's first game. Now for a direct comparison: remember when Ace defended mikeymoo in Caller's game (Ace was innocent so was Mikeymoo)? He was voracious in defending mikeymoo, but he was not voracious in lynching BC even though BC was full of BS. Yes he wanted BC lynched but he didn't go crazy like he is now. Because that's a sure sign of mafia behavior: being overaggressive to get a lynch.

In case anyone wants to relate to the Folca/Ace scenario, that is a completely different thing. Because then Folca roleclaimed with a specific intent to prove something, i,e that Ace was mafia. Thus in that circumstance Ace's logic train is true and the correct choice of action (and he would've done it if he was townie I'm sure). Because if you lynch the accuser you know everything about the accused role. However, now here Nemy just plain roleclaimed. WHY ON EARTH WOULD WE LYNCH HIM? WE GET NO BENEFIT. NOTHING.

Under the present circumstances there is NO reason to lynch Nemy.

Ace you screwed up. This is not Savior sense. This is not to the benefit of the town.

And you people who agree with his logic (mikeymoo, bockit), you guys better think through exactly what he's recommending. Game 3 and now are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Furthermore, the Ace voting train, you guys are all suspect. You people are clearly trying to push him into mayor over me. Not gonna happen. I'll dissect through suspects in a bit.

-------------------------------

The Mayor election:

I said in my intro speech that mafia will want to cast doubt onto me. That is exactly what was happened from MTF, Mynock, and Ace (yes other people did it too but they are almost surely innocent). Mafia obviously know how dangerous I am. They want me dead. Thus mafia will attempt to subtly discredit me in any way possible, and this is exactly what the trio did. They are prime suspects at the moment (for other reasons too obviously this is just icing).

As for mayor votes, they show the final part of the tell. You guys remember how I declared Caller and BC almost postively innocent very early. It was a simple trick. They did not earn ANY votes. I'll tell you right now that a mafia candidate never lacks votes. In fact, I don't think a mafia candidate has ever failed to get elected when they tried. The only possible way they could be mafia is if the mafia had so many people running that they wanted to push their most prominent candidates in. However, I believe this is extremely unlikely simply by behavior analysis. When two distinct metrics agree with each other, I think it's pretty safe to close the case.

This also proves another person innocent: Showtime!

I'll admit I haven't confirmed showtime innocent via behavior. He's a tricky character. But I will say that Mynock/Ace are DEFINITELY not anywhere close to being confirmed innocent. Which at least for Ace is abnormal because 2 games ago I confirmed him innocent halfway through the mayor election. This isn't that huge but it's more on the table.

The Ace/Mynock problem is interesting, as one of my associates pointed out, that both of them are perfectly fine with the other getting elected. They are being way too buddy buddy with each other. My associate and myself both agree that their complete trust in each other signifies something deeper. Yes they also listed me with them, because of course they'd stand out. But furthermore I was almost guaranteed a spot at the stage (not anymore obviously; there is a distinct chance of both grabbing a slot).

This is a way to read things too. I caught Camlito as a DT in BC's first game because he was so certain that I was mafia yet didn't say much or give reasons (aka he rolechecked me and I turned up mafia). This game Mynock/Ace are betray

Caller/BC are both innocent as well. However, neither of them have any votes.

Showtime is not here right now because he's at some family event but I have talked with him a lot.

Showtime is an extremely good player who is always cloaked in the dark; if you want proof I kill him off asap even when I know he's towny. Yes he's hard to read. But he's much more likely innocent than any candidate who has more than a vote.

Thus switch your votes now. We still have time. If we move fast mafia will be isolated or be forced to change their votes too. We do not want Ace, Mynock, or Nemy in office. Ace is almost positively mafia. Mynock is probably mafia but it is less certain. Nemy is probably not mafia but is useless in office.

I want Caller, BC, or Showtime in office with me. But showtime is the only one who really has a chance right now. Switch to him off of Ace, Mynock, Nemy please.

Summary:

Don't vote for Nemy
Don't vote for Ace
Don't vote for Mynock
Vote for Showtime
Liquipedia
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
May 17 2009 23:35 GMT
#477
EBWOP:

Incognito, ignore most of my post, I thought you moved from Ace to Ver, not showtime to Ver, that changes a lot. My bad.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
Mynock
Profile Joined September 2002
4492 Posts
May 17 2009 23:35 GMT
#478
The more time passes I feel more and more uncomfortable about Ver here. I also feel very uncomfortable about the multiple nemY votes, so I'd like you guys to once again take the situation in consideration:

Ver disappeared (no feedback whatsoever, he's essentially running on his name alone now). Ace is always a solid vote (good player, and there's only 1/5 chance he's mafia to begin with even before the roles are given out). I'm active and trying to react to whatever comes up.

I stated previously that I'm comfortable with Ace or Ver in office as well (or both), but Ver's behaviour has changed since then and that makes me a little uneasy.

So I'd like you to reconsider the things I've said again. I'm content with any office position (I didn't specifically ask for Pardonner, let's not mix things up), I just said that this game the two roles are pretty much the same (and no, L's ramblings don't change anything, BC) so I'd be glad with any. I want to make more this game than in certain others, and I feel I can, but I need room to do it. That comfy office will have room enough!

Sure, nemY being a DT would be nice (even then, good PLAYERS > good ROLES), but let's stop for a second and realise that nemY is fishy as fuck. And his play does not warrant any kind of trust at all.

So ideally, I'd like to enter office and try to be as useful as I can so I'd like you to vote for me, or alternatively, at least don't vote nemY in.
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-17 23:36:24
May 17 2009 23:35 GMT
#479
What? Im a little lost by your post.

I did not move my vote from Ace I never voted for Ace I voted for Showtime!

Oh I forgot about ties. But two extra votes for mafia do a lot when there's only 30 people playing. Pretty useful for mafia as Pardonner would probably be more useful in the late game.

*edit* well I guess this is useless then And wow long post from Ver...
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Mynock
Profile Joined September 2002
4492 Posts
May 17 2009 23:36 GMT
#480
EBWOP:

OK, Ver just posted finally, let's read
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 107 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 183
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1046
Mind 902
Larva 610
ggaemo 600
Stork 329
Leta 200
Bisu 193
PianO 169
Killer 45
Hyuk 30
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
Sexy 23
yabsab 19
ZergMaN 18
sorry 13
Hm[arnc] 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe188
League of Legends
JimRising 370
Reynor101
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1150
Other Games
summit1g10263
Mew2King118
ArmadaUGS65
crisheroes26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream188
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 5243
• lizZardDota2358
League of Legends
• Stunt1232
• Jankos1047
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
53m
Online Event
1h 53m
FEL
6h 53m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 53m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.