• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:44
CEST 13:44
KST 20:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12523 users

Mafia VIII [GG] - Page 22

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 107 Next
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
May 17 2009 20:15 GMT
#421
On May 18 2009 05:08 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2009 04:16 Caller wrote:
Seriously you guys, we have like
Ace/Mynock/Tricode vs. L/nemy
Malongo vs. LucasWoJ

what the hell is going on people, stop arguing and let's figure out what the hell we're going to do voting wise and after the election. Ad hominem can wait until later!


I don't know man. It would be nice to hear from the future mayor Ver. But a lot of what to do after the election depends on who our pardoner is.

What about the first lynch? I still think we should lynch an inactive. The only people who have been one hundred percent inactive, interestingly, are MrBabyHands and Camlito. Fusionsdf and Plexa and infinity21 come close. Other people have posted only a few 1-2 line posts, as Incognito pointed out a while ago.

From prior experience, both MBH and Camlito tend to post a day or so after the mayoral election, so we may want to let them live until then. I dunno what Plexa is doing, and infinity21 seems not to be paying much attn to the game -_-.
I still think that we'd be better off without a nemy mayor/pardoner...
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 17 2009 20:17 GMT
#422
You find a way to convince them to pull votes off him call all the power to you, somehow i dont see it coming right away.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
May 17 2009 20:34 GMT
#423
i'll totally run for pardoner and do absolutely nothing
it's my pledge to the people to Liquida
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
May 17 2009 20:34 GMT
#424
On May 18 2009 05:15 Caller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2009 05:08 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
On May 18 2009 04:16 Caller wrote:
Seriously you guys, we have like
Ace/Mynock/Tricode vs. L/nemy
Malongo vs. LucasWoJ

what the hell is going on people, stop arguing and let's figure out what the hell we're going to do voting wise and after the election. Ad hominem can wait until later!


I don't know man. It would be nice to hear from the future mayor Ver. But a lot of what to do after the election depends on who our pardoner is.

What about the first lynch? I still think we should lynch an inactive. The only people who have been one hundred percent inactive, interestingly, are MrBabyHands and Camlito. Fusionsdf and Plexa and infinity21 come close. Other people have posted only a few 1-2 line posts, as Incognito pointed out a while ago.

From prior experience, both MBH and Camlito tend to post a day or so after the mayoral election, so we may want to let them live until then. I dunno what Plexa is doing, and infinity21 seems not to be paying much attn to the game -_-.
I still think that we'd be better off without a nemy mayor/pardoner...


I still think not posting at all is weird, no matter who you are. I mean maybe they all have a valid excuse, but we have no way of knowing that...

Nemy not being mayor/pardoner makes it a weird situation for the medics.. The fact that he has called out DT means that mafia will try to get him killed, either by convincing us to lynch him or by hitting at night, because a DT is dangerous. I mean i think everyone can understand the medic's gamble, protect Nemy and the mafia might just hit other people, or the opposite could occur. Etc. It also creates a dilemma for the mafia; who do they hit? Killing Nemy with the lynch avoids this, but we'd just be doing the mafia's work for them because they surely want him dead anyway...

ugh i need to pick a candidate x_x
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 17 2009 20:34 GMT
#425
On May 18 2009 05:34 HeavOnEarth wrote:
i'll totally run for pardoner and do absolutely nothing
it's my pledge to the people to Liquida


So you would lose the function of meat shield then?
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
May 17 2009 20:35 GMT
#426
lol
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 17 2009 20:36 GMT
#427
Infundi, just go with ver hes a safe bet, and if we aren't careful he wont get in period.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
May 17 2009 20:45 GMT
#428
On May 18 2009 05:36 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Infundi, just go with ver hes a safe bet, and if we aren't careful he wont get in period.


Yeah i think I may do this. If my current vote count is correct it's Nemy 6 ::Ver 6 :: Mynock 4 :: Ace 4, for the leading candidates. Ver is probably in, but i can help keep him in the mayor spot. Convenient way to dodge the burden of choosing pardoner
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 17 2009 20:48 GMT
#429
On May 18 2009 05:45 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2009 05:36 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Infundi, just go with ver hes a safe bet, and if we aren't careful he wont get in period.


Yeah i think I may do this. If my current vote count is correct it's Nemy 6 ::Ver 6 :: Mynock 4 :: Ace 4, for the leading candidates. Ver is probably in, but i can help keep him in the mayor spot. Convenient way to dodge the burden of choosing pardoner


Pretty much
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 17 2009 20:50 GMT
#430

On May 18 2009 04:13 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
Obviously determining roles is the aim of the game - but we are still at Mayoral elections. None of us can determine anything right now. Oh shit how did you miss this? You even quoted it but read it wrong.
You were talking about Pardoner intentions and usage, a topic which can be examined purely through the rules of the game. If you were referencing my suggestion that we need blues in office ver proved rather dramatically last game that you can sniff out blues very accurately on day 1.



Unfortunately that criteria isn't going to be useful in a game with this many qualified candidates. Like I stated before there are people playing that with or without a blue role they are going to be good in office. Even discussing blue roles right now is a sure fire way to have a problem, just look at nemy.

Show nested quote +
2.) Worried about the election != worried about nemy. I'd love to be in, but hey if Mynock and Ver made it can't say I'd be sad. I'm not that worried about the election. But yea your right - I am worried about nemy which is exactly why I've been making my case against him.
So you admit you are worried, which is a complete contradiction of your previous stance. I'm not contradicting myself. You are. Think about it.


I'm worried about one thing, not the other. They aren't equal. Sure they are closely tied together in this case but I'm not worried about me losing the election.




Show nested quote +
3.) circular collusion? lol ok Don King. Ver has been pretty much silent, and only myself and Mynock have really supported each other. Stop trying to take wild guesses.
Uh, you yourself have called the group 'the three musketeers' and Ver actually was posting for a bit while you were sleeping. Moreover, the vote record DOES NOT LIE. each of you voted for one other.


I'm telling you just because each of us voted for each other doesn't mean anything. Ok it may look suspicious, but personally speaking if I were Mafia I wouldn't take the chance of one of us getting into office.


Show nested quote +
I am immune from scrutiny. Because I'm innocent
1. No you aren't. 2. By your own admission we don't know that. Why do you assume people should assume you're innocent? If that's the case everyone should have just PMed you their roles at the start of the game and that would have been a good play.

Frankly, for someone harping on nemy about poor play, you're doing a lot of it yourself.


How so? I've broken down numerous times why we don't need nemy in office, and I've run on an honest platform. I'm not doing anything disruptive unlike some people.


Show nested quote +
How would you know the Mafia covet the Pardoner spot unless they themselves stated it?
Okay, lets assume pardoner instantly wins the game. I think mafia would go for it. See what I did there? The rules of the game describe the advantages and pitfalls of certain actions. Do you think mafia would NOT want the pardoner spot? Do you think they'd want mayor more?


Mafia Pardoner is not that strong until the end of the game in one specific scenario. A Mafia Mayor is stronger because of the extra votes. Sure, I'm pretty confident that anyone that can think notices how BRUTAL a Pardoner can be at the right time but like I said we aren't even close to those waters. We can't even verify anyone so even trying it is just not going to work. Behavior analysis isn't always 100% correct and it's a gamble I'm not willing to take for Pardoner or Mayor.

It's an US statement because playing the game with Ver and Mynock so many times I KNOW none of us play the game like you. It's just that simple - nothing beyond that.
Yet by your own admission you've stated that good players will not have a style. Ver's 'afk townie' method this game, for instance, is something he said he wouldn't be doing, and has only performed while previously mafia, yet you believe that you can call their style even if they're not the same allegiance as you?

Bad choice of words, and a telling one.

[/quote]

Yea in a way. Of course Ver has been "afk" several times in other games (he takes forever to post seriously). Mynock, while he doesn't know my exact style (I don't have one I'm fluid) has a good idea of when I'm being honest about something. Many people have tried to analyze what I do and most have failed. It's different knowing someone's integrity and knowing their style. How is that a bad choice of words? ^_^


Show nested quote +
What full disclosure is there to give?
Read my fucking posts. Do you refuse to give the information? Y/N.

As you put it. Go ahead champ. I wouldn't fucking TELL YOU what information I have if i'm trying to cross reference the information I've got with your statements to check for inconsistencies.

I mean, you should know that, you aren't an idiot.
[/quote]

What information do you need? Cross reference away because there's nothing fishy about me.

(^_^)
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 17 2009 20:52 GMT
#431
On May 18 2009 05:45 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2009 05:36 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Infundi, just go with ver hes a safe bet, and if we aren't careful he wont get in period.


Yeah i think I may do this. If my current vote count is correct it's Nemy 6 ::Ver 6 :: Mynock 4 :: Ace 4, for the leading candidates. Ver is probably in, but i can help keep him in the mayor spot. Convenient way to dodge the burden of choosing pardoner


I'm telling you guys don't let nemy get in. We'll all regret it. He claims DT, doesn't provide the information he said he had and yet we would STILL let him in? Come on guys don't be like the town last game.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 17 2009 21:13 GMT
#432
If we were like the town from last game, we would have elected mynock and malongo by now and be 3 lynches into our own town and blaming you ace for the fuckups, I dont think we could ever repeat that horrible form of play
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
May 17 2009 21:18 GMT
#433
On May 18 2009 05:50 Ace wrote:
How so? I've broken down numerous times why we don't need nemy in office, and I've run on an honest platform




From Pyrr's mafia thread... Ace comments on how to play mafia.

On May 16 2009 12:13 Ace wrote:
nah all you need to know how to do is lie ^_^



Anyways I'm heading out right now, before I go what information did you want from me Ace?
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 17 2009 21:20 GMT
#434
where are the other private messages nemy?

And what does my post in Pyyr's thread have to do with this game? It's not even in the right context ^_^
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Malongo
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Chile3479 Posts
May 17 2009 21:23 GMT
#435
On May 18 2009 06:13 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
If we were like the town from last game, we would have elected mynock and malongo by now and be 3 lynches into our own town and blaming you ace for the fuckups, I dont think we could ever repeat that horrible form of play

Whats the problem with me in the office?
Help me! im still improving my English. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M. G.
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
May 17 2009 21:23 GMT
#436
Can I get all your pm's/chat logs as well?
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 17 2009 21:29 GMT
#437
no, because unlike you I didn't say I had multiple messages from people asking about my role.

You got caught lying. And now you're trying to avoid the situation. All my lynching efforts are pointing squarely at you from now on.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
May 17 2009 21:33 GMT
#438
On top of that, has nemy even defended himself? lol. Flipping through the pages his own words
that's all I have for now.


essentially summarize his weak defense of
obviously this points to me being more the traitor or what not, but I'm not... that's all I have for now.
on page 18.
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 17 2009 21:38 GMT
#439
he seems to be pulling similar tactics to ace which is things like tl:dr

or telling people what he feels they have to know over what they should know. Pretty popular tactic used by better known players of the game. However his execution leaves alot to be desired
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
May 17 2009 21:42 GMT
#440
On May 18 2009 06:29 Ace wrote:
no, because unlike you I didn't say I had multiple messages from people asking about my role.

You got caught lying. And now you're trying to avoid the situation. All my lynching efforts are pointing squarely at you from now on.


Wait... you didn't want to lynch me before this? jk I don't get why you want my PMs so bad seeing as how they are merely exchanges between Incog and myself on who we feel are mafia candidates... something I'd rather not detail to the public. Incog can verify this if he feels like it.

-As for the lying situation... yes I got caught lying. Last time I checked this game revolves a lot around deceit and dishonesty. It'll be interesting to read this game once it's over and see who was full of more shit: me? or you? (although we both know how that's going to turn out don't we?)
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 107 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings110
CranKy Ducklings SOOP32
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko270
ProTech127
SHIN 112
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25735
Hyuk 1277
Shuttle 1102
Bisu 1064
Mind 867
Larva 317
firebathero 272
Mini 264
Soma 189
EffOrt 170
[ Show more ]
Last 133
Leta 123
ZerO 91
Zeus 79
Pusan 76
Hyun 67
Hm[arnc] 56
sorry 38
PianO 36
Sexy 36
Killer 33
Bale 29
Trap 28
Aegong 27
ToSsGirL 27
hero 23
yabsab 14
Noble 12
JulyZerg 8
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Dendi943
XcaliburYe606
XaKoH 370
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1527
Other Games
gofns35237
singsing2431
B2W.Neo824
crisheroes281
Happy198
DeMusliM178
OGKoka 167
Mew2King119
Livibee100
ArmadaUGS64
ZerO(Twitch)6
ToD4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream174
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8132
League of Legends
• Jankos1688
Other Games
• WagamamaTV169
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 16m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 16m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.