• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:03
CEST 08:03
KST 15:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7101 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 33 34 35 Next All
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 19:31 GMT
#1003
let me phrase that better, early day vig shots, on day 1 and 2.

CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 19:33 GMT
#1006
On March 05 2024 04:31 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 04:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:23 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:19 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:10 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:08 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:07 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:06 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:05 Koshi wrote:
[quote]
I disagree for what it is worth.
The guy who gets lynched as blue regulary now claims it to be mayor.

Press x for doubt

He didn't have any real pressure on him though

Does this not strengthen Koshi's point?

No how so.

Isn't Koshi saying he suspects a fake claim from Vivax?

This would be because Vivax is usually very adverse to real claiming,
Which implies this is a gambit for mayor.

If Vivax wasn't under pressure, that is further evidence it was a gambit for mayor.

Where is my comprehension/logic problem?


He is not fake claiming thats not what he would do.
As I already know fake claiming always be exposed at some point and as he loves to play here on TL he would not risk a fake claim as scum and risking an early lynch. Just feels so wrong and it would be not comparable with any game I habe read of him. Maybe he is Town and claims so we get a town mayor but even that doesn´t seem like his meta

Why would Vivax think we don't get town mayor as he thinks i am town?


Correction: I currently think you are town. But I know I'm town.

Yes but how does DMB come to conclusion that while you thinking i am town, you need to claim to have a town mayor? Because for me that seems like an insane thought process.


No it's clear rationality.
How do you protect the role that can't protect itself but other players? You make it mayor.

They have to kill three randomly selected BGS before they can NK me.
If we get the roleblocker I become a jailkeeper with medic protection.

It's honestly mind boggling I have to explain.


If there is a roleblocker, which it seems you are pretty sure there is.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 19:36 GMT
#1012
Hey guys, I am a blue role, mayor me!

I couldnt use my ability day 1

couldnt use my ability day 2

Hey we got the blocker! I can protect role block someone :D oh no I picked the wrong target sorry guys

Oh no, I picked wrong target again


What you did, doesnt help vivax.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 19:39 GMT
#1015
On March 05 2024 04:38 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:14 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:11 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
hbd Trfel,

I'm thinking of running for mayor, we haven't had mayor elections in a looong time (or I haven't played in a game with mayor elections in a long time).
May I ask, why should we vote for you as mayor?

Well first off I didn't say pregame I'd vote for Palmar and then change my mind once the game started.

Secondly I don't think I've ever been a mayor before.

Thirdly I pledge to make my personal lynch a town lynch and will select whoever is the second in votes at the end of the day.
Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.

Second wagon is often a townie as well. Mafia waits till town suggest a second town wagon and then sits on those 2 wagons. Then town vigis or kills second wagon as is tradition. I still think it is protown to want to give town 2 lynches, as it always provides information. But don't use the wrong reasons.


In your wisdom, what Vivax did is good or bad?
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 19:46 GMT
#1030
On March 05 2024 04:42 sandroba wrote:
Why are you trying to keep this useless trash nai discussion going CopCake?


He could do that as mafia. Specially if he is the Goon.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 19:47 GMT
#1033
On March 05 2024 04:44 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 04:36 CopCake wrote:
Hey guys, I am a blue role, mayor me!

I couldnt use my ability day 1

couldnt use my ability day 2

Hey we got the blocker! I can protect role block someone :D oh no I picked the wrong target sorry guys

Oh no, I picked wrong target again


What you did, doesnt help vivax.


Mayor isn't mafia.
Vig can't kill me.
You get a conftown.
Roleblocker only on me.

By the time mafia have one KP I'm still alive.

Y'all just toxic tbh


You also get a kill, and it seems you are pretty sure how to use it and with who.

I dont like it, sorry.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 19:50 GMT
#1043
Like, from a tracker and a watcher I understand.

But a blocker/doctor, smh.

CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 19:50 GMT
#1046
On March 05 2024 04:49 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 04:30 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:27 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:20 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:19 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:10 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:08 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:07 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:06 iamperfection wrote:
[quote]
He didn't have any real pressure on him though

Does this not strengthen Koshi's point?

No how so.

Isn't Koshi saying he suspects a fake claim from Vivax?

This would be because Vivax is usually very adverse to real claiming,
Which implies this is a gambit for mayor.

If Vivax wasn't under pressure, that is further evidence it was a gambit for mayor.

Where is my comprehension/logic problem?


He is not fake claiming thats not what he would do.
As I already know fake claiming always be exposed at some point and as he loves to play here on TL he would not risk a fake claim as scum and risking an early lynch. Just feels so wrong and it would be not comparable with any game I habe read of him. Maybe he is Town and claims so we get a town mayor but even that doesn´t seem like his meta


Thank you, at least someone gets it.


How is this useful on the first day, tho?

I can understand third day but first?

Town loses everything, and an important role, I dont want to sound mean but you fucked up in such a way that there are no words and I didnt find it funny.

Like I am TOTALLY opposed of a mayor wanting to kill, like that is stupid, no matter how "capable" the player is, how "blue" is. It is a shot in the dark pretty much, and that helps mafia.

If there is a mayor, and the mayor kills on first and second day, I will pretty much never consider that person town.

Unless a rolecop have a check or something mechanical supports a person is mafia.

Why wouldn't a mayor not just treat it as a vig shot I don't understand?


I think day vig shots are stupid, there is more chance of hiting town than mafia.

Day vig is a really strong town role lmao what kinda take is this??


I have seen this developing very bad, town killing town with guns.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 19:52 GMT
#1052
On March 05 2024 04:51 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 04:50 CopCake wrote:
Like, from a tracker and a watcher I understand.

But a blocker/doctor, smh.



Then why don't you want to make slam mayor?


I dont think his claim was serious
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:10 GMT
#1092
##Vote: ToTheStars

On March 04 2024 14:55 ToTheStars wrote:
I also have a weak townlean on DP and Vivax

You guys are so slow with your day starts though, how can you make 0 votes in first 3 pages.


On March 04 2024 20:36 ToTheStars wrote:
I don't think it's fair to say that I posted and then disappeared. I am not going to be playing mafia all day long. Don't expect me to post more than like 5-10 posts per 10-20 pages. Also I am not used to games with over 20 players so I'm likely going to put minimal effort until day 4 or 5, or whenever we get to a more manageable number of players (I'd say 11 living players is when I start really thriving).

I'm a he btw (because I saw somebuddy ask).

And I voted trfel because I didn't like their entrance. It felt a bit off tone-wise, like fake maybe. I am not even close to being convinced they are mafia, but where I come from you use votes to apply pressure, which allows you to develop reads better. I don't really have a grasp on the game right now or on the style of mafia you play here, so 90% of what has been posted so far sounds completely irrelevant to anyone's alignment, and tbh I'm kinda grasping at straws to have any sort of read (and still end up with extremely weak reads). But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.


You are very confident you are going to survive late.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:12 GMT
#1095
##Vote: TotheStars
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:18 GMT
#1115
On March 05 2024 05:14 die_meatbaby wrote:
@copcake my tea is getting cold and I ate already a lot of the hand baked biscuits.I am waiting for you to tell me the real tea about you that I should know. I hope I didn't bake this exquisite pastry for the wrong person.


I consider your beloved Duke smart, and also, insane enough to pull the "I am going to claim JK" as mafia. It is a hard, hard thing to do, but he is absolutely capable, specially if he has a good team to back him.

I will invite you to make an exercise, take all the time you need to answer.

Forget that it is vivax who claimed, just that X person claimed JK in this game.

What are the benefits he wins doing this as town and benefits he wins by doing this as mafia?

Do not let your emotions for vivax to blurry this exercise, just a cold head, thinking of scenarios.

CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:28 GMT
#1138
On March 05 2024 05:27 DarthPunk wrote:
I tend to like the town circle for now.

The only one I’m really afraid of being mafia in that lot is Rayn

I think mz looked wayyyy better recently so I’m moving him to town for now.

Cake still looks bad.

Koshi looks townie to me. He has that level of arrogance that I felt was missing in his mafia game. I also sensed he was genuinely butthurt at not being in the town circle which I found hilarious but also townie.

Rels makes sense, he is wayyyy less aggressive than I remember but that is old old meta.



You have a lot to learnnnnnnnnn
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:31 GMT
#1147
On March 05 2024 05:29 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:14 Trfel wrote:
[quote]May I ask, why should we vote for you as mayor?

Well first off I didn't say pregame I'd vote for Palmar and then change my mind once the game started.

Secondly I don't think I've ever been a mayor before.

Thirdly I pledge to make my personal lynch a town lynch and will select whoever is the second in votes at the end of the day.
Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

The problem with this entire conversation is that Tfrel looks smart and MZ bad.
But it is the only thing Tfrel does in this entire timespan.
Look smart.
But he isn't doing anything that helps town find mafia.

I don't like it at all.


I think this is the second? comment about it, first being my rayn if I remember correctly.

Why the "Trfl looks smart" a bad thing?

Last game here, he was on fire and caught all the mafia team.

If you feel like that, pressure him to give you a list of players.


CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:33 GMT
#1153
Is a bad thing******
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:38 GMT
#1160
On March 05 2024 05:32 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:18 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:14 die_meatbaby wrote:
@copcake my tea is getting cold and I ate already a lot of the hand baked biscuits.I am waiting for you to tell me the real tea about you that I should know. I hope I didn't bake this exquisite pastry for the wrong person.


I consider your beloved Duke smart, and also, insane enough to pull the "I am going to claim JK" as mafia. It is a hard, hard thing to do, but he is absolutely capable, specially if he has a good team to back him.

I will invite you to make an exercise, take all the time you need to answer.

Forget that it is vivax who claimed, just that X person claimed JK in this game.

What are the benefits he wins doing this as town and benefits he wins by doing this as mafia?

Do not let your emotions for vivax to blurry this exercise, just a cold head, thinking of scenarios.



Thank you for this honorable invitation. It would be a pleasure to do some relaxation exercises with you. How about puppy and wine yoga?

I understand that a horribole red colerd person could to that to our lovley Town but I could not see Vivax doeing that, because this is not how this duke treats our city. He would not be able to do such a terrible thing in such bad times as these.But you have to understand that even if he hasn't been to the doctor, he still shows a healthy kind of paranoia through this action. That only makes him even more sympathetic to our city

I don't want to blame you or scare you, but what good things you have done for our divine city. I didn't even get a hand-knitted jacket, even though everyone knows how good you are with red wool


The fact that red looks fantastic of me gives me a better perspective of how other people would look with the same color. As I said before, it suits me, and I love it.

I can think of many scenarios of how a play like that is more beneficial for mafia than town, but that is my perspective (which can be wrong, I am not closed), still what the duke did is quite stupid if town. You cannot deny that.

And I think it is quite a town trait to share all the probabilities, and do not keep them to myself.


CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:41 GMT
#1167
On March 05 2024 05:35 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:31 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:29 Koshi wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
[quote]Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

The problem with this entire conversation is that Tfrel looks smart and MZ bad.
But it is the only thing Tfrel does in this entire timespan.
Look smart.
But he isn't doing anything that helps town find mafia.

I don't like it at all.


I think this is the second? comment about it, first being my rayn if I remember correctly.

Why the "Trfl looks smart" a bad thing?

Last game here, he was on fire and caught all the mafia team.

If you feel like that, pressure him to give you a list of players.



I can add a third, I thought those Trfel posts were bad too. If I remember right, it was his first posts too, it looked like scum hiding between technicality/setup discussion to participate.

I liked his posts going forward though, I think he's town now


This is good

I remember Tfrel apologizing a lot and saying "I am sorry" many times when he is town.

I was trying to look for a scum game of him here but I couldnt, would be helpful if someone can link me.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:45 GMT
#1177
On March 05 2024 05:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:41 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:35 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:31 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:29 Koshi wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
[quote]I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

The problem with this entire conversation is that Tfrel looks smart and MZ bad.
But it is the only thing Tfrel does in this entire timespan.
Look smart.
But he isn't doing anything that helps town find mafia.

I don't like it at all.


I think this is the second? comment about it, first being my rayn if I remember correctly.

Why the "Trfl looks smart" a bad thing?

Last game here, he was on fire and caught all the mafia team.

If you feel like that, pressure him to give you a list of players.



I can add a third, I thought those Trfel posts were bad too. If I remember right, it was his first posts too, it looked like scum hiding between technicality/setup discussion to participate.

I liked his posts going forward though, I think he's town now


This is good

I remember Tfrel apologizing a lot and saying "I am sorry" many times when he is town.

I was trying to look for a scum game of him here but I couldnt, would be helpful if someone can link me.

https://tl.net/forum/mafia/390080-tl-mafia-database#2

find Trfel there.


A game from 2016 is useless
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:49 GMT
#1186
https://tl.net/forum/mafia/512552-palmars-purge-crisis-and-turmoil-in-liquidia?user=Trfel&page=2

Like all I got from here is that he posts a lot of sad faces as mafia and wishy washy reads.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 20:54 GMT
#1196
On March 05 2024 05:47 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:38 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:32 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:18 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:14 die_meatbaby wrote:
@copcake my tea is getting cold and I ate already a lot of the hand baked biscuits.I am waiting for you to tell me the real tea about you that I should know. I hope I didn't bake this exquisite pastry for the wrong person.


I consider your beloved Duke smart, and also, insane enough to pull the "I am going to claim JK" as mafia. It is a hard, hard thing to do, but he is absolutely capable, specially if he has a good team to back him.

I will invite you to make an exercise, take all the time you need to answer.

Forget that it is vivax who claimed, just that X person claimed JK in this game.

What are the benefits he wins doing this as town and benefits he wins by doing this as mafia?

Do not let your emotions for vivax to blurry this exercise, just a cold head, thinking of scenarios.



Thank you for this honorable invitation. It would be a pleasure to do some relaxation exercises with you. How about puppy and wine yoga?

I understand that a horribole red colerd person could to that to our lovley Town but I could not see Vivax doeing that, because this is not how this duke treats our city. He would not be able to do such a terrible thing in such bad times as these.But you have to understand that even if he hasn't been to the doctor, he still shows a healthy kind of paranoia through this action. That only makes him even more sympathetic to our city

I don't want to blame you or scare you, but what good things you have done for our divine city. I didn't even get a hand-knitted jacket, even though everyone knows how good you are with red wool


The fact that red looks fantastic of me gives me a better perspective of how other people would look with the same color. As I said before, it suits me, and I love it.

I can think of many scenarios of how a play like that is more beneficial for mafia than town, but that is my perspective (which can be wrong, I am not closed), still what the duke did is quite stupid if town. You cannot deny that.

And I think it is quite a town trait to share all the probabilities, and do not keep them to myself.




You already said it. It is too stupid to that as mafia. We would reread our letter before giving it to the pigeon to show the world our words. Looked too conspicuous to let it see some other trusted members. As a good duke without a guilty conscience you don´t fear looking bad because you know you aren´t even if he claimed wrong he is still a better citizen of this city than most of the other inhabitants


I understand your point of view, but consider also mine. It was stupid, so stupid that is perfect as mafia.

Who is stupid enough to do that as mafia?

It is just a small chance.

Tiny.

This concept shouldnt make me mafia. But Marv is right, was it he or iamp? talking too much about it is not helpful, is like going in circles.

What do you think of my ToThe Stars note?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 33 34 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1916
910 56
Bale 29
sorry 25
ZergMaN 17
Aegong 14
Noble 10
Icarus 9
yabsab 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
Fuzer 38
League of Legends
JimRising 597
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox635
C9.Mang0166
Mew2King28
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1240
Other Games
summit1g7108
PiGStarcraft273
ArmadaUGS136
Maynarde131
Sick126
Livibee78
ViBE52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick586
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream188
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2244
League of Legends
• Lourlo1357
• Rush1206
• Stunt458
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 57m
OSC
6h 57m
Stellar Fest
6h 57m
OSC
17h 57m
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.