• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9927 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
February 19 2018 16:59 GMT
#52
I have nothing interesting to add.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
February 19 2018 16:59 GMT
#53
Or say for that matter.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 08 2018 19:05 GMT
#752
Hi all. Haven't read anything. Wont read anything soon.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 08 2018 23:29 GMT
#835
I join game. Mafia dies. Coincidence? I think not.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 09 2018 15:32 GMT
#902
Did I kill another mafia yet?
Anyway. I am VT.

Not claiming is the worst idea ever.

We have 2 ml and 2 misshots garanteed like that in a pool of 5.

If the mafia wins that I would be very impressed lol.


Do the math and claim pls.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 09 2018 17:09 GMT
#910
I'll type this out so it is easier for mafia to decide to fakeclaim. At least one should or just forfeit now.

8 vs 2 with 3 medics
So current situation is:
3M + 5 versus 2

Now let's do worst case scenario:
After 1 ml:
3M + 4 versus 2
After nk and our medics stacking (really important all medics stack on 1)
2M + 3 versus 2
After second ml:
2M + 2 versus 2
After nk and our medics stacking (really important all medics stack on 1)
1M + 1 versus 2 and we lose.


That would mean that we lynched 2 townies and vigged 2 townies out of a pool of 5 townies that werent medic.
That would be impressive.


So one mafia needs to fakeclaim medic and one mafia needs to claim VT


gl hf



PS: I haven't read the rules with how the medic thing works since I read it when this thread got started 2 weeks ago or something.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 10 2018 13:23 GMT
#1031
So 4 medic claims. Good stuff.
This means we have 6 VTs versus 4 medics atm.
We know there is 1 mafia within the VTs.

Now we have 2 lynches and 2 medic shots during the night to get the 1 mafia within the VTs.
If we figure him out today we auto win killing medics.
If we figure him out during night we auto win killing medics.
If we figure him out next day we end up with 4 real vts and 3 medics which contain a mafia. = autowin cuz medics kill each other during night.
If we figure him out the second night we go into a 2 VT + 1 medic vs a fakeclaiming medic mafia. It's a 50/50 because we have to lynch.

But seriously. If we lose that we missed 3 lynches and 2 vig shots. Then you just deserve to lose.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 10 2018 13:30 GMT
#1034
1. Alakaslam
3. darthfoley
5. Holyflare
6. rsoultin
7. Koshi
8. KelsierSC

Kill 4.

Do not do the shit rsoultin and HF suggest.
Do not kill medics.

Within these 6 names you have 4 chances to hit the 1 mafia. only when it is the 4th try that you hit mafia you need to lynch the last mafia in a 50/50 between medics. Mafia has no option to kill VTs. Well... They could but then they chance the 1/3 chance on the last medic shot into a 1/2 shot and then last day is a 3 medics + 1 VT "mylo". So that doesn't change shit.

Just play the game like I suggest. Kill 4 within 6. If you hit the 1 mafia you autowin unless it was the last shot 2 nights from now. If you can't hit the mafia withing these 6 names you just deserve to lose.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 10 2018 13:46 GMT
#1041
On March 10 2018 22:30 Koshi wrote:

1. Alakaslam
5. Holyflare
6. rsoultin
7. Koshi
8. KelsierSC
10. MoosyDoosy

Kill 4.

My names were wrong.

I think mafia played well and put noobking under the medics. I think DF should have died if he wasn't a real medic. (from what I read after I replaced). Vivax and fefe look medics.

Problem is we can't kill him. Because the game stays the same which is find the 1 mafia in 6 names. Well... The only difference is that if we are wrong we lose our shooting power 1 night earlier. And if we are right we do not lose after the second vigshot during night. We always have our lylo with 3 VTs and 1 medic.

But who cares really. Just don't kill medics. If we are wrong and kill a town medic we are idiots. We can't take the risk.



Anyway. I don't have reads.
I think Slam is town and figured out noobking. Pretty sure he wont buss like that.
I think I agree with rsoultin that HF proposed something sub-optimal and I don't know what that makes HF.
I know I can kill all 3 out of HF, MD and Kelsier so who really cares?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 10 2018 13:56 GMT
#1043
I opened MD his filter and he is superobvious town trying to solve the game and enjoying himself. I do not see him operate within a team the way he is posting.

##vote Kelsier


Kelsier needs to go. Looks like super duper awkward mafia but life isn't that easy.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 10 2018 20:47 GMT
#1130


gl ksc.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 10 2018 21:21 GMT
#1150
If you vote within the medics you lose a ml. It's just stupid because the game stays "find the 1 mafia within the 6 VTs".
You have 4 shots to hit mafia within 6 names.
If you succeed within your first 3 shots you AUTOWIN.


I might not do much this game. But I present you the easiest way to win in the history of mafia with 5 misslynches before you lose, with the last 4 in a pool of 6. And 4 of you decide to take another route.

Amazing.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 10 2018 21:23 GMT
#1155
On March 11 2018 06:21 Holyflare wrote:
I would much rather have fun and lynch mafia then trying to play optimally and rely on some shit game mechanics to win. I just wanted to play a normal game tbh but he we are. So, I am just going to play mafia like I normally am and lynch people that look like mafia regardless of whether they are a claimed medic or not.

We have three medic claims and all of them were instant. Only noobking's was delayed and didn't say a single thing. At no point has he even tried to decipher which of the other three medics are mafia when that should be the medic's main priority. I had a town read on vivax and a semi town semi blue read on ff the whole time. Df could have been mafia but I don't think he ever shoots AMG there at all over rsoul/vivax/hf.

Furthermore, he is actually angry at this point int time for no discernible reason that I can think of. To top it off he had that massive df post early on d1 where it looked like it was incredibly TMI to call him town. Add to that the fact that he wanted to lynch kelsier d1 instead of people that gave good information then I have to think he's actually mafia.

Everything you say here is true. But why play suboptimal? We have lynched so many people which we believed to be mafia only to see them flip town.

I also give it 85% or more that noobking is mafia. But why lynch him? There is no point.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 10 2018 23:41 GMT
#1195
At least rsoultin and noob undsrstand the correct play. Vigs please all stack on 1. 5 left. 3 more chances.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 10 2018 23:42 GMT
#1197
If you kill a town medic we lose next vigshot. Dont be silly. Kill within the VTs.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 11 2018 01:20 GMT
#1238
I applaud the mafia VT guy playing this well.

Tinfoil team is HF+ Vivax.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 11 2018 01:23 GMT
#1240
Noobking is playing pretty ok from where I joined in.
Vivax isn't.

DF looks town.
fefe same.


Slam looks mad enough to be town.
Moosy looks town.
rsoultin makes way too much sense to be mafia. She is solving the game like I would.
HF is pushing to kill medics but not Vivax who fell of the earth.



Tinfoil HF + Vivax explained.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 11 2018 13:09 GMT
#1372
On March 11 2018 15:33 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2018 10:23 Koshi wrote:
Moosy looks town.

Cuz?

The amount of posts he made and the flow between them. He looks unhindered speaking his mind and jumping from suspect to suspect.

I am not reading indepth like you did with your 2 cases but on the surface he looked fine.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 11 2018 13:20 GMT
#1373
On March 11 2018 18:56 rsoultin wrote:
Hey koshi, 1) your read on noob changed. Can you explain that?

2) Along with your moosy townread if it's more than just tone and spidey senses, because I'm conflicted about him.

3) Also not sure what you meant by DF should have died if he wasn't real medic? Can you lay that out for me?

1) I forgot why I initially scumread him. I don't scumread him anymore because he put effort in. Especially right before the lynch he made so many posts it was impossible he was mafia with Kelsier because the game would end. But then I realized the guy might just be town and is mafia ml of choice within the docs. It makes a lot of sense if Noobking is town mafia is trying to kill him because we can't shoot next night anymore. There were 4 people contemplating to change from safe bet Kelsier to Noobking before Kelsier even posted.

Also Noobking is townreading me. Might be TMI. Might be brilliant.

2) Just answered. I don't know the guy but making so many free flowing posts look difficult as mafia.

3) If mafia didn't know HF wasn't medic. This means that while people townread HF (I assume) nobody else voted for DF. If I was mafia and HF was town I would always use my mafia medic on DF. Always. Except when DF is mafia ofcourse. Then I would roleblock HF.
The fact DF didn't die also points towards him being an actual medic. Because that is 1 medic that would for sure wouldn't follow HF and medic DF. So all in all it makes sense the guy is medic.


I haven't read a single post from before I joined the game except for in the few filters I opened. So I don't know that what I think is correct.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 11 2018 13:22 GMT
#1374
On March 11 2018 19:42 Vivax wrote:
Kelsiers strategy of trying to skate on big puppy eyes didn't quite work. Good, good.

##Vote: Koshi

Tinfoil intensifies
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
I had a good night of sleep.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings132
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 77
PiLiPiLi 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1953
Sharp 50
Bale 37
Dota 2
monkeys_forever535
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
Doublelift4513
Counter-Strike
taco 591
Other Games
summit1g7628
JimRising 560
C9.Mang0333
ViBE161
WinterStarcraft95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick918
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP89
• poizon28 34
• davetesta30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1144
• Shiphtur0
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 45m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.