• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:47
CEST 00:47
KST 07:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7691 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 07:49 GMT
#215
On March 06 2018 16:23 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 16:17 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 16:01 Holyflare wrote:
On March 06 2018 15:18 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 14:42 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 12:51 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:28 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 11:09 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 09:16 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 09:11 Fecalfeast wrote:
Honestly hf claiming a role doesn't mean anything he fakes as town or mafia

agreed, I think he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia.

What are you "agreeing" with? Because what Fecalfeast said and what you said are NOT the same.

I agree that HF can fakeclaim as either alignment, that I don't believe that him claiming should be alignment indicative in any way.

Alright, thanks for making that clear. Because obviously there's a ton of difference between Fecalfeast saying "he fakes as town or mafia" and you saying "he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia."

I must be obtuse. I don't get why it's all that different in the context "is HolyFlare town for claiming" between "he fakes as town or mafia" or "he would claim just as easily as town medic as he would mafia"? Although, I meant to add "mafia medic" in there. What obvious difference do you see?

The obvious difference is that Fecalfeast said HF makes fake claims as both Town and Mafia, while you said that HF could just as easily make the claim as Town medic or Mafia. If he makes the claim as Town medic, it's not FAKE.

So what you did is take something Fecalfeast said, twisted it into something he DIDN'T say, and then "agreed" with it.

That's why I forced you into telling us whether or not you agree with what he ACTUALLY said, and not just what you ACTED like he said. You told me you do agree with what he actually said, so I thanked you for your answer.

I like this. He basically said I'm town medic and slipped

Eh, maybe. A true "scumslip" like that is pretty darn rare though. I'd be more interested in hearing whether anyone with prior history with Tubesock in games thinks its unusual for him to immediately take the claim at face value. Him "making nice" with the first person to claim medic may or may not be alignment-indicative for someone, depending on their personality. Anybody know him?

You do realize that I think HF is either town medic or mafia medic.....how is that making nice?

Cuz 75% of the medics are town. If someone says they're a medic and you immediately are like "yeah, I believe him" then if you're scum and believe HF to be one of the stronger town players, it could be an attempt to make him feel like he has an ally in you. You also instantly put damdred in your "town pile" for reasons that are...not real strong.

Due to those things, it would be good if someone who knows your history could tell us whether you're someone who tends to randomly take claims at face value (as opposed to someone who is generally skeptical of them) and whether you're someone who tends to try and buddy up to notable Town players when you're Scum.

n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 07:55 GMT
#218
On March 06 2018 16:30 rsoultin wrote:
Let me make this abundantly clear:

What I saw while Damdred was IN THE THREAD was not detective Damdred. It was please be friends with me Damdred. The first is town.

K.
On March 06 2018 16:31 Holyflare wrote:
The op was not announced as changed, the opening post didn't state any changes were made. If the host said they might change something and did but didn't inform us then that's dumb. Send them a PM if you want answers though.

K. I totally agree it would be dumb. And you would know how the hosts do things around here better than I would, so I'll assume there's a 99% chance the setup matches the OP.

Which means that yes, I'll send them a PM to check. lol

/OCD
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 08:09 GMT
#223
On March 06 2018 16:40 Holyflare wrote:
Enough about mass claiming.

Yeah, no. If anyone believes they have a compelling argument in favor of the Day 1 mass claim, they should post it, and not feel like the discussion is over just because Holyflare said "enough about mass claiming." If no one comes forward with that compelling argument, then we'll just continue playing the game normally (which we should keep doing in the meantime) and then reevaluate the option on Day 2.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 08:16 GMT
#224
On March 06 2018 16:58 Tubesock wrote:
If I were scum, I'd just avoid Holyflare and kill him at night. Although I have gotten in two shitfights with him as mafia.

When you were mafia or when he was mafia?
On March 06 2018 16:58 Tubesock wrote:
So, what are your thoughts about his claim?

I don't think anything about it yet. People say he makes fake claims as either allegiance.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 09:01 GMT
#227
On March 06 2018 17:08 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 17:01 rsoultin wrote:
:/

I'm a bit sad I'm not getting more lynch Damdred support.

Like the pressure on tubesock though so I'm going to try not to sulk too obstructively.

I agree with AMG. It's almost like you don't care to get a read on someone with an opposite opinion of you, tubesock.

I don't think I'd get anything out of a conversation with AMG. Prickly players only scum? That's certainly not my experience at all so we don't have common ground there. And I was more interested in n00bking. Which I'm still deciding on. I still don't like hypocrisy. I think his nitpicking is his way of digging deep for more understanding so I think it's towny.

Ugh. I don't like any of that post. Being "more interested in n00bking" isn't a good reason to avoid any discussion with AMG. You can talk to 2 players at once, you know. Keeping a singular focus on one topic helps to keep you from needing to develop opinions on any other subject, and that's not good. And even if you thought you had "no common ground" with him about what makes players prickly (and even if you thought discussing the disagreement with him wouldn't help you determine whether he actually sees it differently, or is just pretending to) you could have just talked to him about something else instead. Like...you could have talked to him about the thing you were "more interested in." ME! Why not ask him why he has the townread on me? He might share something that changes your mind. Or you might share something that changes his. Having NO desire to discuss me with someone who takes the opposite opinion just makes it look like you already know my allegiance.

'splain yourself.

##Vote: Tubesock
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 19:00 GMT
#264
On March 06 2018 18:23 Calix wrote:
Just to clarify, the setup in the OP is correct and has not been changed.

Thanks.

At least the hosts respond to PMs quickly! lol
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 19:06 GMT
#266
On March 06 2018 18:53 rsoultin wrote:
Like, basically I can see tubesock being scum here. I just think it would be a shame to auto him for nonsense (especially if he ends up flipping town), even if I think mostly town is pushing him.

I can't speak for the other votes against Tubesock, but I'm not saying we auto him (if "auto him" means what I think it means). The post where I voted against him demands that he 'splain himself, it doesn't say "ok everyone, we've got our Day 1 lynch, let's do this!"

Since the time that AMG and myself went from "talking to" Tubesock to "voting against" Tubesock, he's gone quiet. Which doesn't look great, but we'll see what he says if/when he returns.

I'm surprised/disappointed that the players who hadn't made a post yet when I went to sleep (Vivax/Kelsier/chaoser) still haven't made one now that I'm back up again.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 19:12 GMT
#267
On March 06 2018 20:50 AMG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 20:18 prplhz wrote:
This whole Tubesock push seems like something I'd like, but be wrong about. I'm interested in seeing where it goes though.

AMG seems to be making excuses for scumreading people.


You think me making excuses to scum read people. What people? I have implied one person was scum and did not like their follow up. One person.

So you find my opinion on or attempt at discussion with Tubesock to be forced, or I don't believe what i'm saying when i'm saying it?

Yeah, I would like to see this explanation too.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 19:18 GMT
#269
On March 07 2018 03:28 rsoultin wrote:
Prp is in my slightly townish pile

I can't tell why Prp is in your townish pile, any more than I can tell why Prp is in FF's scummy pile. If the situation is that it's "nothing substantive, just a feeling" then I wish people would just say that, so I don't have to ask them "why?" Why is Prp slightly townish?
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 19:27 GMT
#270
On March 07 2018 03:36 rsoultin wrote:
There's just something really off about DF's entry. He's in the thread while people are talking about things, and tubesock had already made his (bad?) post (though no one had called him out for it yet), and he just...isn't in the mood?

It makes me think he didn't like his role pm. Especially since he seemed to feel the need to respond to moosey and to make his excuses. Idk.

I immediately disliked DF for that too, when it's like:

DF - *notices game has started*
DF - *decides he's not in the mood to play anymore, bails*

But decided to control my knee-jerk reaction, and not make anything of it. If someone were bummed about pulling a scum role in this game, then yeah, I could imagine them just making a couple of "ok, I'm here" posts and then disappearing for a while, but to actually SAY in the thread that he's not in the mood is much stranger. WIFOM and all that, but still, it would be weird (I think) for a scum player to draw attention to themselves by raising their hand and being like "Look at me! I'm here, but I'm not actually going to play the game!"
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 19:34 GMT
#271
On March 07 2018 04:15 rsoultin wrote:
In other news if we're into lynching afkers it's a bit more alignment-indicative for vivax and ksc to be silent. I think vivax the most. So there's that \o/

Can you explain why silent Vivax/Kelsier is more alignment-indicative than silent chaoser?
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 20:01 GMT
#280
Thanks for those answers, rsoul.

HF's "good chat" post makes me uneasy. Should it not? You mentioned him as townpile after that post, so I'm assuming it didn't bother you. But since the time that he tried to shut down discussion of a D1 mass claim, he didn't really put forth anything else to discuss in its place. He's barely talked about anything but Tubesock. I'm guessing "good chat" means he's satisfied with the direction of the thread/voting at this stage, but that could be good for Town or bad for Town. lol

@Holyflare: No follow-up questions for your vote target? No reactions to anything else that's been said about your vote target in the meantime? No comments on anything else that's going on? (admittedly, not much else is going on...)

@Damdred: Have any strong impressions on HF? (just with regard to his allegiance, not with regard to whether he is/isn't "a medic" for one side or the other)
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 20:09 GMT
#285
On March 07 2018 04:52 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 16:32 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 16:11 rsoultin wrote:
On March 06 2018 16:05 n00bKing wrote:
On March 06 2018 14:45 Tubesock wrote:
Do you think he's right? Should we not talk about mass claiming D2? Is there a difference of talking about mass claiming and the timing of it? Does anyone actually think the medics shouldn't EVER mass claim? So, obviously if you are going to discuss strategy you will be talking about the timing. I didn't like him saying "talking about D2 claim is a distraction" and then he goes back to talking about mass claiming. It's scummy to try to shut down discussion especially when nothing else is going on.

Talking about D2 mass claim is a distraction, when we're not in D2. Again, we'll have more information on whether a D2 mass claim would be beneficial once we're actually IN D2. If we tried to make a decision about it now, something could happen before then that changes the equation.

Talking about whether to mass claim on D2 during D1 prevents scumhunting by letting the thread be clogged up with a decision that can't be acted on yet, based on variables that could be completely different by the time it CAN be acted on. It also needlessly lengthens the thread, making it tougher to re-read later.

And then I went back to talking about mass claiming. YUP. Because the decision to make on Day ONE is whether or not we should have a mass claim on Day ONE. THIS is what we should be talking about. But first, I'd sure like verification from the Narrator on whether the setup is the one posted in the OP, or the one he said he'd be changing it to, because that also changes the equation.

I'd say no, thus, bored.

Let's talk reads!

By all means, talk reads. But do you have anything to add to why your attitude toward the Day 1 mass claim is "no"? I think a "yes" or "no" becomes a lot more valuable when someone explains their reasoning behind it.

Idk I think mass claiming too early turns this game into a mechanic-obsessed game (which it already kind of is) in which people forget to make organic reads on people. Makes more sense to see everyone playing the game for a while before mass claims happen. Do you have a particular reason you want D1 mass claims that I've missed?

Nope. I don't necessarily "want D1 mass claims." I just really wanted it to be discussed, because I've never played a format like this before (has anyone in here played this format before, besides the host?) Roleclaims were a big part of the pre-game discussion, so if anyone thought of a reason why a D1 mass claim would really put the mafia's back to the wall, I wanted to hear about it. We have some players who haven't posted yet, but to this point, no one has posted a good reason to perform a mass claim on D1. So I'm guessing it won't happen, and can just be looked at again on D2.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 20:20 GMT
#294
On March 07 2018 05:12 darthfoley wrote:
AMG and n00b are pretty townie ATM. I think Damdred is kinda townie right now actually, for once. Maybe rsoultin too, because I agree with her about Tubesock. He might be mafia, but not for the reasons HF is pushing. The medic thing is really NAI even if it's "strange"

Mostly agree. So yeah, my stated reasons for voting Tubesock and HF's stated reasons for voting Tubesock are quite a bit different. Part of why I asked HF if he has any reaction to the things that have been said about his vote target, since the time he placed the vote.
On March 07 2018 05:12 darthfoley wrote:
Lynch pool of prplhz, FF and Tubesock for the time being. I really didn't like how FF announced his first read, then felt the need to explain why he's scumreading prplhz in the next post. I think you either 1) do both in one post or 2) announce your scum read, then explain it if asked. Just felt a tad like he's trying to make sure everyone knows he has reasoning behind his scumread, if that makes sense.

I see nothing to like in FF's play so far, but to be fair, he HAD more or less been asked for the reasoning behind his scumread on prpl, before he made the 2nd post explaining it. It was 2 posts in a row for HIM, but there were several posts by other people between them.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 20:33 GMT
#306
On March 07 2018 05:28 Fecalfeast wrote:
I would sheep a rsoultin wagon

You mf'ers are not lynching rsoul while there's 3 people who haven't even posted yet, and while Tubesock's thread activity went like this:

Tubesock: *post, post, post, post*
n00b: *votes against Tubesock*
Tubesock: *POOF*
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 20:38 GMT
#312
On March 07 2018 05:37 Fecalfeast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 05:33 n00bKing wrote:
On March 07 2018 05:28 Fecalfeast wrote:
I would sheep a rsoultin wagon

You mf'ers are not lynching rsoul while there's 3 people who haven't even posted yet, and while Tubesock's thread activity went like this:

Tubesock: *post, post, post, post*
n00b: *votes against Tubesock*
Tubesock: *POOF*

You get really serious about off the cuff posts

That's right. I don't wear cuffs, and I don't like people who wear cuffs.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 20:42 GMT
#318
On March 07 2018 05:25 rsoultin wrote:
lynchpool: tube, ff, afkers ftw

Still not feeling a prp lynch though he'd prob be next in line afterwards. Followed by hf. Or maybe hf first. Either way I don't really have a problem with either and see reasons to think they could be town.

Your prior thoughts on HF sounded like you were townleaning him. So why might you be open to lynching him before the lynchpool? Do you agree with whoever it was that said HF is the scum player who would be most likely to overcome the town-favored setup? Or...what? I don't get this.

(maybe you just meant HF "first" before prp and not "first" before everyone?)
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 20:50 GMT
#326
On March 07 2018 05:44 Fecalfeast wrote:
Man noobking if you're scum I'll be super impressed. Bleeding town on top of talking about host interactions in thread makes you lock green to me forever

I always make sure to set up an IV drip of green food coloring for my bloodstream, when I pull a scum role.
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 20:53 GMT
#330
On March 07 2018 05:48 MoosyDoosy wrote:
If anything, rsoultin changes her reads to conform to Damdred's over time. Considering how hard Damdred townread rsoultin I think she's metagaming him to seem townie and working around his reads because she knows he can read her.

If rsoul were scum and "knows damdred can read her" then why would she draw his eyes to her by making him her early scumread and pushing for his lynch?
n00bKing
Profile Joined June 2015
United States1202 Posts
March 06 2018 20:57 GMT
#331
On March 07 2018 05:51 MoosyDoosy wrote:
@Damdred and @noobking. What do you guys think about what I've said about rsoultin so far? Also anyone else that cares to contribute.

I think I don't see what you're seeing. I stood back and let her answer your line of questioning herself, so as not to interfere in your interrogation, but the change in her perception of DF didn't look like a "flip flop" to me. Almost all of his posts (and all of his meaningful posts) came after her initial impression of him. Seems perfectly reasonable that someone's views on another player could substantially change once that other player actually...like...starts saying things.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 158
ProTech133
ViBE90
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12750
910 80
NaDa 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever355
canceldota135
League of Legends
Doublelift4155
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4193
Other Games
summit1g4654
C9.Mang0330
JimRising 312
Liquid`Hasu262
ToD208
PPMD29
JuggernautJason18
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• musti20045 38
• poizon28 37
• RyuSc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21588
League of Legends
• Scarra978
Other Games
• imaqtpie1056
• Shiphtur583
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
OSC
13m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 13m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.