I'm a cop you idiot mafia
*Artanis[Xp] is helping me co-host this game. Any questions can be directed towards him or myself.
There are no coaches for this game.
+ Show Spoiler [Links to Day/Night posts go here] +
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.
The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
6. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
7. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
8. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
9. Betting items outside of the game in exchange for in-game benefits.
10. Sharing accounts with other players. Only you may post on your account.
11. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
12. Posting a false role PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
Cheating is not tolerated here. The punishment will be severe.
This is mod font. It is reserved for moderators. Please do not use it.
Questions DIFFERENT FROM STANDARD
At no point are you allowed to use the thread to communicate with the host. If I see a green text asking me something, I will modkill you without warning. You can also not say "I'm going to ask the mods this" or "I have asked them this" or anything like that. If I think your question warrants the attention of the entire thread, I will just make an announcement and not reveal who asked the question.
Note: It's okay to ask in green, and actually encouraged, before the game starts. The more we can clarify pre-game, the less questions will rise during the game.
You must post in this thread once per day/night cycle and vote every day while you are alive. If you fail to do so, you will be modkilled.
This game does not accept smurfs.
Spam is not tolerated, nor is any off-topic material. Do not discuss Proleague here. Do not talk about Starcraft II here. Play Mafia here. This also means you should condense your posts when possible.
Don't do it.
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a modkill and a 1-game ban. This is the one part of TL where it is okay to double post or even triple-post. While you should try to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything.
If you want to post something insulting or inappropriate and know the TL mods would have a problem with it elsewhere, don't post it here. If you do, a host will warn you or modkill you and request that you be banned from future games. The hosts have the final say on what is inappropriate. If you do not like how someone is talking to you, please PM the host, a co-host, or Blazinghand before involving the other TL staff. If you are unsatisfied with how the situation is resolved, then you can discuss the situation with other members of the TL staff.
The report button is a nice feature for regular TL, but not for this forum. We prefer to deal with things in house if possible to avoid confusion among the TL staff. If you have a problem with how someone is posting, talk to the host, co-host, or Blazinghand before using your report button. Please do not use your report button for anything other than inappropriate posts which you feel are not being dealt with adequately.
Play to win.
This means you play your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.
This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason without getting banned. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis, but this is a very short game. Don't sign up if you can't commit.
You have been warned.
Out of thread communication:
It is common for mafia (and town circles if PMs are allowed) to use a medium outside of TL such as QuickTopics or IRC to communicate during the game. Please be mindful that other players may be more tech savvy than you and they may attempt impersonate members of your team or attempt to infiltrate your chat. You use these media at your own risk.
If you would like to observe this game, please PM me for access to the observer QuickTopic. If you receive access to the observer QuickTopic, do not discuss this game with the players until this game is over.
1. Voting is done in this thread. Please keep votes there, and only vote there. Do not PM me your vote.
2. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote Qatol. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
3. No conditional voting.
4. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game. You may vote for ##no lynch
5. Voting is mandatory. You may (NOT) abstain.
6. This game will use Instant Majority Lynch. I will try to post vote counts regularly. Once a person is hammered, please DO NOT POST until a host resolves the flip and the game enters night.
This game is open to anyone. Signups will remain open until 7 spots have been filled.
This game follows the TL Mafia Ban List. If you are modkilled, you will be punished beyond being eliminated from this game. Please refer to the ban list thread for questions about your punishment. Please wait until this game is over to talk about modkills and bans resulting from this game.
To sit out this game, you must do these two things during the signups of this game (assuming you are not currently sitting out a different game and the game in which you were banned has finished):
1. PM the host of this game, saying you are sitting out this game.
2. Post in the TL Mafia Ban List, saying that you are sitting out this game.
Note that because this is expected to be such a short game, I don't expect we will accept sitting out, but if you think you should be able to sit out this game, let me know and I'll think about it.
This game does not use replacements. Don't let your team down.
PMs are not allowed in this game.
This game will follow a 24 hour night/variable day cycle. For details see the game-specific rules below.
If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!