• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:19
CEST 03:19
KST 10:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9436 users

Campus Mafia (New/Newish Players Welcome) - Page 127

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 181 Next
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 12 2014 22:50 GMT
#2521
On November 13 2014 07:49 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
In all seriousness, if the counterclaim thing is going to be that big of an issue that I'd suggest you get it out of the way before lylo. I'm not going to hang around in this game the whole time just to up and get lynched because of something my predecessor did.

I'm town. I'm not going to bother explaining KSC's claim because I can't. If you've got questions, ask them. I'll do the best I can.

Otherwise, look at other suspects. End of.


What do you actually plan to do this game?
Minimal effort.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
November 12 2014 22:50 GMT
#2522
On November 13 2014 07:50 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2014 07:49 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
In all seriousness, if the counterclaim thing is going to be that big of an issue that I'd suggest you get it out of the way before lylo. I'm not going to hang around in this game the whole time just to up and get lynched because of something my predecessor did.

I'm town. I'm not going to bother explaining KSC's claim because I can't. If you've got questions, ask them. I'll do the best I can.

Otherwise, look at other suspects. End of.


What do you actually plan to do this game?


Lynch mafia.
Retired.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 12 2014 22:58 GMT
#2523
On November 13 2014 07:50 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2014 07:50 Superbia wrote:
On November 13 2014 07:49 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
In all seriousness, if the counterclaim thing is going to be that big of an issue that I'd suggest you get it out of the way before lylo. I'm not going to hang around in this game the whole time just to up and get lynched because of something my predecessor did.

I'm town. I'm not going to bother explaining KSC's claim because I can't. If you've got questions, ask them. I'll do the best I can.

Otherwise, look at other suspects. End of.


What do you actually plan to do this game?


Lynch mafia.


You have promised to read the entire thread, and have given "updates" on what pages you're on, etc. However, from all the interactions I have seen between you and others, it has become clear to me that you have not picked up any information from reading the thread. What have you been actually doing so far?
Minimal effort.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
November 12 2014 23:04 GMT
#2524
I've announced that I'm not actually rereading the thread because scum is getting rolled.

The one thing I've really payed attention to is SL's filter and it doesn't look spectacular on close inspection. That's about it.

I don't know what your angle is here, aside from you pushing me for being lazy/my predecessor making an awful move.
Retired.
Elvis!
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany396 Posts
November 12 2014 23:05 GMT
#2525
First of all I would hate sicklucker so much.

After I would have calmed down, I would try and investigate people again and look who's the second most scummy.

Since atm as I said noone looks townie or nearly as scummy as sicklucker, this would be difficult because I won't really be able to let others influence me too much since most people are possible scum atm.

The thing we do have going for us, and what I would base my opinion tomorrow on if there is a tomorrow, is how people reacted around the recent lynch, since the last lynch was basically no discussion, since everyone just agreed on sent.
No, I'm not trying to go off vote logic, but what the discussion I hope will happen will bring up.
other people turn around and laugh at you - if you say - that these are the best days - of their lives. - Blur
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
November 12 2014 23:08 GMT
#2526
Except SL tried to lynch someone else to create more "information."

So it wasn't really unanimous until later.

I'm sure there's some other stuff there but I might look into it later.

Might.
Retired.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 12 2014 23:18 GMT
#2527
On November 13 2014 08:04 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I've announced that I'm not actually rereading the thread because scum is getting rolled.

The one thing I've really payed attention to is SL's filter and it doesn't look spectacular on close inspection. That's about it.

I don't know what your angle is here, aside from you pushing me for being lazy/my predecessor making an awful move.


Like there's two ways you come into a thread as a standin, either you read the entire thread, which is usually boring as shit. Or you start asking questions and interact with everyone to see where everyone is at. Or some kind of combination. It's one thing to be lazy, it's another to do absolutely fuck all. Like all of the town standins I've seen come into the thread guns blazing in some sort of way. They do something like immediately declare that they're not going to read the entire thread and/or they just fucking go and do shit. Like they immediately jump in and start interacting and reading when necessary.

You haven't done anything. At all. You've made a promise about reading the thread, which in all honesty, I don't give a shit about. I could've told you exactly what happened from my POV if you bothered to fucking ask. A promise to read the thread, feeling dejected about it and then just doing nothing else is exactly what I expect a mafia subbing in to do here. There were other options you could've pursued after you figured out that reading the thread was not going to work for you, you did none of them. I was in the exact same situation last game, where I subbed into a mafia spot and mafia were losing hard, and your mind set feels completely similar.
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 12 2014 23:25 GMT
#2528
On November 13 2014 08:05 Elvis! wrote:
First of all I would hate sicklucker so much.

After I would have calmed down, I would try and investigate people again and look who's the second most scummy.

Since atm as I said noone looks townie or nearly as scummy as sicklucker, this would be difficult because I won't really be able to let others influence me too much since most people are possible scum atm.

The thing we do have going for us, and what I would base my opinion tomorrow on if there is a tomorrow, is how people reacted around the recent lynch, since the last lynch was basically no discussion, since everyone just agreed on sent.
No, I'm not trying to go off vote logic, but what the discussion I hope will happen will bring up.


I honestly find it hard to believe that you've been stuck on SL for what is essentially the entirety of the game and still are. You should have some sort of opinion regarding at least 1 of the unconfirmeds.

Name one person who is town out of the following:
- Elvis
- Obi
- SL
- FF
- Me
Minimal effort.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
November 12 2014 23:27 GMT
#2529
On November 13 2014 08:05 Elvis! wrote:
First of all I would hate sicklucker so much.

After I would have calmed down, I would try and investigate people again and look who's the second most scummy.

Since atm as I said noone looks townie or nearly as scummy as sicklucker, this would be difficult because I won't really be able to let others influence me too much since most people are possible scum atm.

The thing we do have going for us, and what I would base my opinion tomorrow on if there is a tomorrow, is how people reacted around the recent lynch, since the last lynch was basically no discussion, since everyone just agreed on sent.
No, I'm not trying to go off vote logic, but what the discussion I hope will happen will bring up.


I think saying you read noone as townie is a cop out. You are still going on sicklucker from like your very first case you show no signs of reevaluating at all or even trying to look at it from the point of view that he is town.

You entered the thread this way saying there was nothing to get reads off of and it was wrong then and it is wrong now.

Also look at the bolded part you want to lynch sicklucker and you so believe he iss cum that he is your only read yet you still think there will be a tomorrow.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
November 12 2014 23:28 GMT
#2530
scratch the last part apparently i can't read you said "if there is a tomorrow" my bad
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 12 2014 23:30 GMT
#2531
Scratch Elvis off the list that I gave.
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 12 2014 23:30 GMT
#2532
Since that's you.
Minimal effort.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
November 12 2014 23:32 GMT
#2533
On November 13 2014 08:18 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2014 08:04 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I've announced that I'm not actually rereading the thread because scum is getting rolled.

The one thing I've really payed attention to is SL's filter and it doesn't look spectacular on close inspection. That's about it.

I don't know what your angle is here, aside from you pushing me for being lazy/my predecessor making an awful move.


Like there's two ways you come into a thread as a standin, either you read the entire thread, which is usually boring as shit. Or you start asking questions and interact with everyone to see where everyone is at. Or some kind of combination. It's one thing to be lazy, it's another to do absolutely fuck all. Like all of the town standins I've seen come into the thread guns blazing in some sort of way. They do something like immediately declare that they're not going to read the entire thread and/or they just fucking go and do shit. Like they immediately jump in and start interacting and reading when necessary.

You haven't done anything. At all. You've made a promise about reading the thread, which in all honesty, I don't give a shit about. I could've told you exactly what happened from my POV if you bothered to fucking ask. A promise to read the thread, feeling dejected about it and then just doing nothing else is exactly what I expect a mafia subbing in to do here. There were other options you could've pursued after you figured out that reading the thread was not going to work for you, you did none of them. I was in the exact same situation last game, where I subbed into a mafia spot and mafia were losing hard, and your mind set feels completely similar.


That's nice.

Can't base a case on "feels" though, so you'll have to do better than that.
Retired.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
November 12 2014 23:33 GMT
#2534
Thank you.

Thank you very much.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
November 12 2014 23:34 GMT
#2535
The one question you'll really have to answer is this:

How do you separate mafia laziness from town laziness? How does me being lazy make me scum in this circumstance? Is there a reasonable explanation for my laziness?

All you're doing is harping on "he's lazy like I was so he's mafia," which isn't going to convince anyone ever.
Retired.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 12 2014 23:35 GMT
#2536
On November 13 2014 08:32 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2014 08:18 Superbia wrote:
On November 13 2014 08:04 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I've announced that I'm not actually rereading the thread because scum is getting rolled.

The one thing I've really payed attention to is SL's filter and it doesn't look spectacular on close inspection. That's about it.

I don't know what your angle is here, aside from you pushing me for being lazy/my predecessor making an awful move.


Like there's two ways you come into a thread as a standin, either you read the entire thread, which is usually boring as shit. Or you start asking questions and interact with everyone to see where everyone is at. Or some kind of combination. It's one thing to be lazy, it's another to do absolutely fuck all. Like all of the town standins I've seen come into the thread guns blazing in some sort of way. They do something like immediately declare that they're not going to read the entire thread and/or they just fucking go and do shit. Like they immediately jump in and start interacting and reading when necessary.

You haven't done anything. At all. You've made a promise about reading the thread, which in all honesty, I don't give a shit about. I could've told you exactly what happened from my POV if you bothered to fucking ask. A promise to read the thread, feeling dejected about it and then just doing nothing else is exactly what I expect a mafia subbing in to do here. There were other options you could've pursued after you figured out that reading the thread was not going to work for you, you did none of them. I was in the exact same situation last game, where I subbed into a mafia spot and mafia were losing hard, and your mind set feels completely similar.


That's nice.

Can't base a case on "feels" though, so you'll have to do better than that.


Yeah let me base a case on your content:





Let me base a case on kelsier:
- Killed cop
Minimal effort.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
November 12 2014 23:36 GMT
#2537
Much case. Very convince.

Wowe.
Retired.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 12 2014 23:36 GMT
#2538
On November 13 2014 08:34 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
The one question you'll really have to answer is this:

How do you separate mafia laziness from town laziness? How does me being lazy make me scum in this circumstance? Is there a reasonable explanation for my laziness?

All you're doing is harping on "he's lazy like I was so he's mafia," which isn't going to convince anyone ever.


If you were genuinely lazy you would've never fucking promised to read the entire thread, that's the most time intensive approach.
Minimal effort.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
November 12 2014 23:37 GMT
#2539
Yeah you're right, that's why I tried to do a catch up, came to the conclusion that Sentinel was mafia based on the short reread that I did, and then promised to stop doing it because town was running shit hard.

So mafia.
Retired.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
November 12 2014 23:42 GMT
#2540
On November 13 2014 08:37 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Yeah you're right, that's why I tried to do a catch up, came to the conclusion that Sentinel was mafia based on the short reread that I did, and then promised to stop doing it because town was running shit hard.

So mafia.


And now? There's no fucking general consensus at the moment. What is your plan?
Minimal effort.
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 181 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings115
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 178
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10595
White-Ra 320
Dota 2
monkeys_forever808
NeuroSwarm143
febbydoto3
League of Legends
Doublelift6088
JimRising 657
Counter-Strike
minikerr25
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox863
Other Games
summit1g8507
Maynarde201
ArmadaUGS58
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick310
BasetradeTV193
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 10
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 81
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 41m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
9h 41m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.