• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:20
CEST 04:20
KST 11:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7999 users

Season of the Witch Mafia - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 17 Next All
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:30 GMT
#1426
On September 05 2014 20:43 Koshi wrote:
LM/HaruRH/gobble


for endgame cred.

Also for the record, this is a bit silly, but I think when he's mafia he generally posts 2-3 lists in red whereas as town he tends to post fewer. This might not actually be correct, but I remember that thinking that about him for some reason when I read filter dove him after some other random previous game.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:31 GMT
#1427
On September 10 2014 16:23 raynpelikoneet wrote:
EBWOP: Rov = Oracle.

geript tell me why claiming Acolyte is better than claiming the cop on D2?

There's not. You should never claim acolyte in this setup unless you are counterclaiming a cop.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:49 GMT
#1430
On September 09 2014 16:28 Sylencia wrote:
LM: Voting for the person I find my personal top scum read especially early on the day is in no way scummy - sloosh is 2nd on my list but I've been saying it since yesterday that I find geript to be the most scummy. If sloosh is worse in other's eyes and people want him dead, naturally I'm willing to switch.

Anyways if you guys are going to vote for me I can very easily claim, since I'd rather take the bullet tonight than have a better role die, and if I do survive it's still a win for town considering it's still more or less a confirmed townie. In addition, because of the fact the necromancer only knowing of the role of someone still alive, it'd be impossible to fake claim the role which was discovered because that person is still alive and able to CC.

Rayn: will respond to you when i get home, since I'm leaving work now


On September 09 2014 17:43 Sylencia wrote:
Plz geript I know you want to soup but I'm still on the train, so you'll have to wait. Unfortunately for you though I've been sitting on this train for an hour know and it's not looking like I'm getting home any time soon =(!

On September 09 2014 20:19 Sylencia wrote:
Anyways:

Claim or die geript?

Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 18:34 geript wrote:
There's no role he could have that he'd consider claiming period. Like there's no point.

Acolyte isn't a role you ever claim.


Nah the brilliant part is that I didn't read who was the Inquisitor until now (to prevent myself from giving away information consciously or unconsciously) so that if the time came I would be able to role claim safely. On that note, our inquisitor is still alive and well.

Alive or dead, I don't care but to me it's up to the scum team to decide what happens during the night. What goes down N2 is probably the most telling thing in terms of the scum that are left.

"Why would you not read it when you first got it, other than the fact you'd be doing this to role claim later because that seems like horrible play?"
- Keeps me from being too biased given my knowledge of the inquisitor (too sheepy etc)
- Mathematically only a 1/12 chance of the inquisitor being lynched. Given that town players also act less scummy in general, that chance of being lynched decreases. This helps me justify not looking at it.
- If they died N1, I'd check. Given we know the martyr died, there was no need. I was going to hold on to whether or not I'd read it for another 12 hours because the final 24 hours of the day are always more important but yeah, since I have 3-4 votes on me my hand was kind of forced.


In the first post, he wants to take a bullet to save a better role. The problem is that by claiming not only does he not help protect any better role, he actually makes it FAR FAR easier to find said better role.

Then look at the next couple of posts. Does Sylencia think I'm town whatsoever? No. He's voting me; he's pushing me, etc. If he thinks I'm mafia, why wouldn't he just tell me to go fuck myself? If I'm mafia, I have literally 0 recourse toward making good on my threat of "claim or die." But despite the fact that he's sure I'm mafia, when presented with claim or die from his biggest scumread, he CHOOSES to acquiesce and claim. Why? So I could soup him? It's not like I could Judge him if I'm mafia. It's not like I could Grandier him if I'm mafia. It's not like I could Crusader him if I'm mafia. What threat am I posing to him if he's town and is sure I'm mafia?

If he's town, what is the value that he actually sees in claiming? Why does he think that claiming Acolyte is an instant get out of jail free card? It's not a role you can ever afford to confirm (in 99% of cases obviously).

Let's also look at what Mafia can do. They can have a pretty good guess as to who the Inquisitor on D2 is if they're reasonably intelligent. That can lead back to the Acolyte as well (it goes both ways). Like if I were mafia, I would be in such a huge advantage. The mafia aren't players who've played this setup before.

Also, if you read the rules, you'd know that claiming Martyr was a fucking terrible play.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:50 GMT
#1431
On September 10 2014 16:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 16:21 geript wrote:
On September 10 2014 16:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
For the record even if Koshi WAS the Acolyte mafia would not know that.

What other role do you claim as mafia then?

cop or Rov.

Cop can be CC'd by 2 people at least 1 of which is, well was, assured to be alive.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:52 GMT
#1432
I think fakeclaiming Acolyte is fine play; it potentially gives you a day or more and in the least gives you a huge advantage in figure out the roles. Acolyte leads to cop; period. Forcing a CC helps solve the puzzle. How he did it is fucking terrible. I dont' think it's ever correct for the Town!Acolyte to claim UNLESS they are counterclaiming a cop claim or another Acolyte claim (the latter depends on if you can push his lynch without claiming). How soup works in this setup makes claiming any role far, far more dangerous than at VS.

By how he did it being terrible I mean, look at the progression of posts.

Put this above the post w/ all the Syl stuff. I ahve like 8 windows open and forget where to copy/paste the shit.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 07:53 GMT
#1433
Also for the record, this specific setup is far more mafia favored than the VS setup. Sounds odd but the variety of little changes really matter.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 08:21 GMT
#1437
On September 10 2014 17:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
how does soup work differently than it does on VS?

As I remember it on VS, you could guess any number but any wrong guesses meant nothing went through. Here they process one at a time. So claims -> freebie plus a second guess (or wifom machine).
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 08:23 GMT
#1438
Nah, I'm remembering it wrong from VS.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 08:38 GMT
#1440
If people refuse to lynch Sylencia, I want to lynch either Harurh or Damdred. I could be convinced to look at Oats, but if I can't get a lynch off on Syl then those are the main two I'd look at. I'm still hoping Robik was mafia though.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 09:24 GMT
#1451
On September 10 2014 17:55 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 16:01 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On September 10 2014 15:55 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Like:

Now i am pretty convinced you are town Sloosh.
Sylencia is town
ritoky is town
i am pretty sure yamato is town
i'll yolo and say Damdred is town just because of his reaction to me when i called him scum.

that leaves me geript, Oats, Haru, LM.
At least 2 mafia there (because i am pretty sure robert was town).
I am PRETTY sure we just win the game if we just lynch everyone in that pool.

geript calls Haru and Sylencia (rofl) mafia.
Oats calls Haru and LM (and you) mafia.
LM calls Damdred and you mafia.
I have no idea who Haru thinks is mafia.

I guess we need to read Haru next.

geript which part of this post you do not agree with (excluding my read on you)?


Yamato at this point is fuck if I know. I figure he would've cared more at some point if he were town. Like it's essentially D3 time wise. He's felt towny at points but fuck it I can't tell don't give a fuck town yam from hates his life scum yam.

I don't think Damdred is town. I didn't catch what you read in his reaction. I'll do that when I get up.

Sloosh felt towny at points. Could be wrong. I liked Koshi's read on him too.

Oats can die.
LM is town. Every time I read his filter I thought he was really towny. No clue as to why off the top of my head. Could be a bad read. I will laugh my ass off though post game if all the people I've been hard calling town are mafia and none of my mafia reads are mafia.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 09:30 GMT
#1452
So Syl, have YOU been through Koshi's filter to know if there's any single hint as to him being Acolyte? Who says the key info is even in his filter?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 09:31 GMT
#1453
Also I'd like to point out that with the martyr change, this is probably Lylo so mafia would 100% claim to get info for a big soup or stay alive.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 09:34 GMT
#1456
On September 10 2014 18:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
it is not lylo. you are not paying any attention to the game.
i just ran the numbers and hour or so ago...

7-3 with a mislynch and soup 3. Quite easy. Even a soup for 2 is gg.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 09:39 GMT
#1460
On September 03 2014 18:37 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2014 13:17 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 03 2014 11:12 gobbledydook wrote:
Wait

Does that mean that if the witches use Witch Soup to post a list of all the combinations of player - role matches, they instantly win?


Or does it mean, you may match any number of players to roles instead of the nightkill, but you may not match a player to more than one role per night?

Well not sure if I understand your question, but the soup instantly fails when they guess wrong. So if the witches wanted to be clever and do something

Palmar - Acolyte
Palmar - Priest

they instantly fail if "Acolyte" is wrong, and the soup drinking ends, even if Palmar is priest, nothing happens to them.

Another example: Artanis the witch wants to kill townies, marv is Judge, Sandroba is Crusader and Palmar is Priest, and syllogism is Grandier. Witches submit:

marv - Judge
Sandroba - Crusader
Palmar - Acolyte
syllogism - Grandier.

This will result in:

Marv - dies (unblockable soup kill)
Sandroba - dies (unblockable soup kill)
Palmar - survives
syllogism - survives

Day post will read:

marv has been killed
sandroba has been killed
Artanis the witch tried to kill Palmar as the Acolyte.

I want to make sure that people also understand the witches can stop drinking the soup at any time, as in, they can submit as many target as they like. In the example above they could've submitted:

marv - Judge
Sandroba Crusader

And in that case the results will be:

Marv - dies (unblockable soup kill)
Sandroba - dies (unblockable soup kill)

and day post will read:

marv has been killed
sandroba has been killed

Notice how as they didn't get any guesses wrong, nothing is revealed.

This seems to be to the contrary.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 09:40 GMT
#1462
Mental reminder. Soup kills should be full flip.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 09:41 GMT
#1464
Any who it's almost 6 am here and I need sleep.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 16:40 GMT
#1493
I have 10 pages on day 2. People who think I'm scum need to explain that.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 16:43 GMT
#1494
HaruRH, Damdred, oats. Look at the last vote count. Final answer. I'm voting Damdred.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 16:44 GMT
#1495
Maybe it was HaruRH. Idk I'm sleepy.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 10 2014 17:47 GMT
#1497
WTF is up people. No one wants to fucking lynch someone? Does no one fucking realize that Robik could've been the judge and we're without one at this point? Conveniently, I think if we lynch Damdred, Oats, Harurh we also are lynching the people most likely to be scum (solely based on filter length--Granted LM has shortest filter iirc but close enough).
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech166
RuFF_SC2 138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18320
Rain 1576
GuemChi 905
sorry 53
NaDa 17
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever456
NeuroSwarm205
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 443
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox969
Mew2King115
Other Games
summit1g7385
JimRising 557
WinterStarcraft516
C9.Mang0165
ViBE135
ZombieGrub14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick849
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 179
• davetesta39
• Letter143
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt236
Other Games
• Scarra962
• Shiphtur496
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 41m
INu's Battles
8h 41m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 41m
OSC
19h 56m
Replay Cast
20h 41m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.