• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:31
CEST 06:31
KST 13:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7293 users

[T] Cell (Mini?) Mafia III - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 104 105 106 Next
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
August 07 2014 00:44 GMT
#41
On August 07 2014 09:25 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2014 09:21 kushm4sta wrote:
Why is d1 less time? Is there a n0? Won't there be 4 people in a cell d1?
What does the mayor do?

D1 is just mayor elections, no lynch.
No N0, game starts D1.
First lynch is on D2, of which one will die on N1.
Mayor selects the order of the cells.


So mayor selects the order at the end of D1?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-07 00:46:09
August 07 2014 00:45 GMT
#42
It'll be better for town because the town:scum number will be better for town without increasing the lynch pool. The flip side of course is that scum can snipe the strongest townie of the bunch, but I think it's still a town buff overall.
On August 07 2014 09:44 Amiko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2014 09:25 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 07 2014 09:21 kushm4sta wrote:
Why is d1 less time? Is there a n0? Won't there be 4 people in a cell d1?
What does the mayor do?

D1 is just mayor elections, no lynch.
No N0, game starts D1.
First lynch is on D2, of which one will die on N1.
Mayor selects the order of the cells.


So mayor selects the order at the end of D1?

Yes.
Teemursu
Profile Joined June 2014
Finland839 Posts
August 07 2014 12:58 GMT
#43
/in

Saw this in video but never had the chance to try it.

Also, GB.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
August 07 2014 13:21 GMT
#44
On August 07 2014 21:58 Teemursu wrote:
/in

Saw this in video but never had the chance to try it.

Also, GB.


YEAH, byaaaaatch!
Time to misread everybody again!

Can I vote you already?
I'm adorable.
Professor Apathy
Profile Joined August 2014
Spain151 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-07 14:42:37
August 07 2014 14:26 GMT
#45
On August 07 2014 09:43 Amiko wrote:
You know the balance of this game better than me (I haven't even played it) but although mafia won the last two games won't this game be even more difficult for town since mafia can kill one of the four people in the cell?
Feel free to not talk about this until after the game though, I'll play it either way ^^ and I don't want to put you as a host in a position where you need to talk about strategy before the game begins. And I have only lightly skimmed prior games so I'm sure we can even things out with smart town play :D

Having a given 2v1 seems pretty good for town to me.
On top of that Mafia has the massive disadvantage to just be given 3 names they have to work with. Yes in the end they can get rid of one but that still leaves two townies they have to adress and mafia can no longer focus on a handful of people their players want to go after. That's a lot easier than having to make up something about every single player in the game.
At the same time it does give the game a structure that benefits town in that it reduces chaos but at the same time limits town as they have to lynch within those 3 and can't lynch someone else who's super scummy.

In the end I'd say it's a buff for town. Not sure how big of a buff.

But it's obviously my first game and I've only come to that conclusion by comparing things to the guide I read. So take it with a grain of salt.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 07 2014 15:39 GMT
#46
If i am mafia i am going to random all the night kills.
table for two on a tv tray
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
August 07 2014 15:44 GMT
#47
Oh god I'm playing with Teemu, Haru, Rayn and Amiko. I'm pumped.
I'm adorable.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
August 07 2014 17:11 GMT
#48
Don't worry town wins easily this time because I'm here
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
August 07 2014 17:37 GMT
#49
I feel like I have a lot of confusion on strategy in this setup... but hey it should be interesting at least ^^


On August 08 2014 00:44 GlowingBear wrote:
Oh god I'm playing with Teemu, Haru, Rayn and Amiko. I'm pumped.


Haha I was going to say, why do you have to snub all the other players who signed up :D

raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 07 2014 18:08 GMT
#50
/out
table for two on a tv tray
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
August 07 2014 18:13 GMT
#51
On August 08 2014 02:37 Amiko wrote:
I feel like I have a lot of confusion on strategy in this setup... but hey it should be interesting at least ^^


Show nested quote +
On August 08 2014 00:44 GlowingBear wrote:
Oh god I'm playing with Teemu, Haru, Rayn and Amiko. I'm pumped.


Haha I was going to say, why do you have to snub all the other players who signed up :D



I don't know what snub means but I think it's pejorative, so, I'll justify saying that those are players I've already played with and that I like to play with, it doesn't mean I don't like the rest.
I didn't play with you but you're adorable, like me, so... I'm pumped!
I'm adorable.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
August 07 2014 20:07 GMT
#52
I don't really get the mayor mechanic. It seems like there is a theoretically best way to order the groups. The groups with the least activity go first. So what is the point of the mayor deciding them?
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
August 07 2014 20:08 GMT
#53
On August 08 2014 05:07 kushm4sta wrote:
I don't really get the mayor mechanic. It seems like there is a theoretically best way to order the groups. The groups with the least activity go first. So what is the point of the mayor deciding them?

isn't the best way to order groups literally the opposite of this
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
August 07 2014 20:14 GMT
#54
Low activity players stay null all game but high activity players will give you more content so that you can make a better decision.
We had this argument in noir mafia I think. You never explained your reasoning behind disagreeing.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
August 07 2014 20:16 GMT
#55
wait i just realized my original question was dumb. Because someone needs to decide it. it just makes the choice of mayor kind of trivial.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
mtamburini
Profile Joined February 2014
Canada506 Posts
August 07 2014 20:48 GMT
#56
On August 08 2014 00:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
If i am mafia i am going to random all the night kills.


hope were mafia together then
MysteryMeat1
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States3292 Posts
August 07 2014 20:57 GMT
#57
/In
"Cause ya know, Style before victory." -The greatest mafia player alive
27ninjabunnies
Profile Joined April 2014
United States2486 Posts
August 08 2014 02:40 GMT
#58
Oh shizz. I forgot about this game. I'm glad it didn't start. hi yeah. Sup
I suspect the secret of personal attraction is locked up in our unique imperfections, flaws and frailties.~Hugh Mackay
27ninjabunnies
Profile Joined April 2014
United States2486 Posts
August 08 2014 02:44 GMT
#59
On August 08 2014 02:11 Blazinghand wrote:
Don't worry town wins easily this time because I'm here


Meh.
I suspect the secret of personal attraction is locked up in our unique imperfections, flaws and frailties.~Hugh Mackay
Teemursu
Profile Joined June 2014
Finland839 Posts
August 08 2014 07:39 GMT
#60
On August 08 2014 00:44 GlowingBear wrote:
Oh god I'm playing with Teemu, Haru, Rayn and Amiko. I'm pumped.

Since Rayn /outed, this would be an amazing cell. xD
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 104 105 106 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 208
ProTech141
Nina 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2092
Shuttle 1001
Snow 89
Dewaltoss 48
Bale 41
Noble 40
Hm[arnc] 6
Icarus 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm154
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1131
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor684
Other Games
summit1g8426
JimRising 642
C9.Mang0309
PiGStarcraft307
Mew2King205
ViBE61
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 22
• practicex 22
• Letter145
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2340
League of Legends
• Lourlo1078
• Rush648
• Stunt251
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 29m
OSC
17h 29m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.