• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:56
CEST 16:56
KST 23:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8206 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia - Page 102

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 145 Next
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 02:36 GMT
#2021
On November 26 2013 11:33 thrawn2112 wrote:
corazon.. when there are cops... there are usually godfathers and/or millers and/or framers. if hf's claim is true then cop + doctor might mean we have all that + scum roleblockers. you should kept silent imo.
Well, thats true. But i think its unlikely to have so many roles.

It defeats the intent of this particular game.

That aside: All HF has to do is put a save onto Corazon. At worse, both die and HF is scum; at best, HF dies and Cora gets a cop check.
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
November 26 2013 02:36 GMT
#2022
cora, please check mocsta. please!!!
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 02:37 GMT
#2023
On November 26 2013 11:35 thrawn2112 wrote:
btw moc, idk if this has been adressed yet, but all that stuff you said about lynching chez first is not good imo. there's pretty much possible way that onegu isn't mafia

I find it highly likely that Onegu is mafia
But I find it conclusive that jampi is mafia.

I dont see the point of this post? Are you arguing that jampi could be town?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 02:38 GMT
#2024
On November 26 2013 11:36 Bereft wrote:
cora, please check mocsta. please!!!

so you agree with my case on jampi; yet you still think I am scum?

dude... c'mon, you dont vote your scum reads.. scum read.
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
November 26 2013 02:41 GMT
#2025
if onegu is scum, he will eventually get lynched. if mocsta is the last scum, he'll run with it to the end.

though I guess if it's true, the presence of a cop AND a doc means there's probably a mafia godfather or some other power role.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 02:45 GMT
#2026
On November 26 2013 11:41 Bereft wrote:
if onegu is scum, he will eventually get lynched. if mocsta is the last scum, he'll run with it to the end.

though I guess if it's true, the presence of a cop AND a doc means there's probably a mafia godfather or some other power role.
Dude, this is going to be discussed post-game.

*THIS* is not a reason to vote someone. Instead of being scared; prove my alignment.

Now you already tried to make a case, so did Onegu.
You also acknowledged that your best town reads don't think it holds water

I dont even understand what your issue with my play is... i mean fuck.. you even agree with my choice of lynch candidate.
I dont even need to see a jampi flip to know that *is* the best case in the whole game.

Theres not really much else I can say.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 26 2013 02:46 GMT
#2027
Why waste a cop check to confirm an opinion I've had almost the entire game?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
November 26 2013 02:47 GMT
#2028
hold up... why didn't you check onegu night 1? wasn't he your strongest scum read all day?
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 26 2013 02:50 GMT
#2029
On November 26 2013 11:37 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 11:35 thrawn2112 wrote:
btw moc, idk if this has been adressed yet, but all that stuff you said about lynching chez first is not good imo. there's pretty much possible way that onegu isn't mafia

I find it highly likely that Onegu is mafia
But I find it conclusive that jampi is mafia.

I dont see the point of this post? Are you arguing that jampi could be town?


no they are both mafia

but onegu's derp conversation with corazon "confirms" him as scum so we lynch him first
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 26 2013 02:52 GMT
#2030
On November 26 2013 11:47 Bereft wrote:
hold up... why didn't you check onegu night 1? wasn't he your strongest scum read all day?

Because I would rather spend one check on someone I wasn't too sure of. The difference between last night and tonight is that we NEED to lynch scum tomorrow. I wanted to check someone I was less sure (aka more null) about, just to take off the amount of suspects that I had. I wasn't as sure about Onegu scum as I am now, and getting a red check wasn't as important then as it is now.

Also, things weren't as set in stone with 3-4 people who are probably scum. I had about 2-3 solid town reads and was unsure about the rest during night 1. As you can see, I got a green check with sciberia and I stopped attacking him after N1.

Grubby's #1 Fan
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 26 2013 02:53 GMT
#2031
On November 26 2013 11:37 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 11:35 thrawn2112 wrote:
btw moc, idk if this has been adressed yet, but all that stuff you said about lynching chez first is not good imo. there's pretty much possible way that onegu isn't mafia

I find it highly likely that Onegu is mafia
But I find it conclusive that jampi is mafia.

I dont see the point of this post? Are you arguing that jampi could be town?


my response to this should have been

swtich "highly likely" and "conclusive" and those are my reads... opposite of yours. wanting to lynch for info is bad

do you think that there is any possilbe way for a town onegu, who knows that he almost got lynched d2 and that people want to lynch him in d3, thinks that he will be nightkilled? that post was so fake.. here let me show you

On November 26 2013 06:06 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 05:56 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 26 2013 05:54 Onegu wrote:
Its mocsta who failed at bbc code in his spoiler btw not me

Well I wrote that post you quoted because I thought it was a case on me. If you were reading you would've seen that I realized that.


Trust me Im reading very close. You wont like what I found since I will prove you are scum, since its 4am Im going to give you the big things now, and do a full case like mocsta where I dont cherrypick and show all your scummyness tomorrow, but since I am now right onto the real scumteam I might be shot tonight.


Preview
+ Show Spoiler +
Mocsta, cDgCorazon, rean/alakaslam


to quote corazon

"LOL"
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 26 2013 02:55 GMT
#2032
ya I'm pretty much with thrawn on this one
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 02:56 GMT
#2033
On November 26 2013 11:52 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 11:47 Bereft wrote:
hold up... why didn't you check onegu night 1? wasn't he your strongest scum read all day?

Because I would rather spend one check on someone I wasn't too sure of. The difference between last night and tonight is that we NEED to lynch scum tomorrow. I wanted to check someone I was less sure (aka more null) about, just to take off the amount of suspects that I had. I wasn't as sure about Onegu scum as I am now, and getting a red check wasn't as important then as it is now.

Also, things weren't as set in stone with 3-4 people who are probably scum. I had about 2-3 solid town reads and was unsure about the rest during night 1. As you can see, I got a green check with sciberia and I stopped attacking him after N1.


Scibs made some sense to me because Corazon filter was lazed with over 40 references to scibs throughout the cycle.
He was also Corazons first scum read.

Having said that..
On November 24 2013 09:38 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 12:48 Holyflare wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:41 Mocsta wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:32 Holyflare wrote:
Onegu is someone who prides himself in reading rayn, he even started to call him town at his last post before he afk'd. If he knew rayn was displaying his towny attributes why did he not try and convince any of you that he wasn't scum?

Well, his last post was at like 3am.. i dunno


So.. am I still scum to you?


From what I've read so far, I mean, you of all people have played with rayn and that vote just now was pure policy. You know I have also played with rayn a lot and so when I call him town based on what I've read you shouldn't throw it away and still lynch him. Yes he may have been obnoxious and shit flinging but that is because he was quite clearly annoyed at people. He was emotionally invested. It is hard to fake it the way he did and whether he was annoying or not a towny is a towny. You actively went against a win con because you did not want to play with him again.

THAT is scummy. There was Aqua who blatantly disregarded anything rayn said at all. The crux of it comes down to this: He had reads on people that disagreed with thread sentiment. He thought he was correct in those reads and shit things up, so what part of that would have been scummy to you? He went balls to the wall defending someone other people think is scum. Do you think he'd associate that strongly with someone if he was scum? That is not how rayn plays at all.



Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 16:23 Onegu wrote:
Also when are people going to realize this is a game of logic not emotion, rayn never personally attacks people, he only attacks thier gameplay. I have a problem when people are attacked with personal assults that have nothing to do with the game rayn never does this. Rayn forces his reads down your throat, and when he is throwning reads everywhere and changeing them constantly its difficult to follow, but when he tunnels onto someone most of the time he is right. And in this game say what you want rayn was playing the game and wanting to policy lynch him for it dumb. Mocsta you habe played multiple games with him why all of a sudden do you want to policy lynch him this game?

Why are these posts basically the same? Why are they both attacking Mocsta and trying to pass the blame for the Rayn lynch solely on him? Cause they are scum!
This is before the night post ended.

Im kinda surprised HF wasnt checked. I would expect him after that claim and you calling him out as scum to be your first read.

I suppose you could argue he may have been shot so its a waste of a check.

But then yes, I am in agreement with Bereft, Onegu makes more sense from your perspective.
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
November 26 2013 02:57 GMT
#2034
got it. well do whatever you think is best, I can't stop you.

I wanted to see what mocsta's reaction would be. can't tell if I'm "CB" atm. I'll think about it after the flip.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 26 2013 02:58 GMT
#2035
(A lot of this has been said already since I wrote a fair bit of it last night. But you can have it anyway.)

Who to lynch tomorrow? My preference is Chezinu or Onegu. I'm pretty sure both of them are in the scumteam along with one of Holyflare/Alakaslam.

The case on Jampidampi by Mocsta and the "scumslip" picked up by Thrawn is probably as close to a read on Chezinu as we're going to get, especially if Thrawn dies (since I'm pretty sure none of the rest of us have much prior experience with Chez). May as well flip that coin sooner rather than later.

As for Onegu, this last tossup with Corazon has finally broken my credulity in just how few damns Onegu gives about this game. I honestly don't think there's any way he can have thought those two posts by Corazon were at the 2-hour mark if he's seriously analysing this game. His cases on Bereft and Mocsta could easily have been written by scum just pulling out post after post after post from their filters and saying the first damning-sounding thing which comes to mind. And while I was fooled by Onegu's indignation yesterday, I've been fooled by Onegu playing dumb before (see Newbie 43). I don't intend to let it happen again. You can lynch Onegu first to satisfy Corazon, if you like.

As for Holyflare:
- I have never seen him angry as town, but that's the vibe I'm getting here
- I have never seen him this disinterested as town. Read page 4 of his filter, compare it to any town game he's played in the past, and tell me that this is a town Holyflare who is genuinely interested in pushing a lynch
- He could claim to save somebody who aren't the two who scum kills. In that case, use your judgement.
- Sure he hasn't played like this as scum before, but there's no reason to change his town meta into this and plenty of reason to change his scum meta (replaced into a scum team with lurkers, just plain doesn't want to even try to contribute)
A quick aside re. Holyflare
+ Show Spoiler +
If there's a save tonight obviously don't lynch Holy tomorrow, but still keep him on your radar. His play so far this game has been COMPLETELY unlike his town play, and maybe this is the scum team trying to protect Holy. It would explain their motive for having him claim in the first place. It does give us another mislynch so I think it would be poor play, but my opinion is hardly going to stop them...


maybe, MAYBE he'll get off his ass and contribute now that the weekend's over. But I think he's just scum. (Having difficulty reconciling that with the doctor claim, but... frankly that doctor claim was a f***ing awful idea whatever his alignment, so I guess it being risky as scum isn't scum-indiciative.)

Alakaslam I still gotta think about. If I die you're probably better off considering what he posts tomorrow rather than whatever thoughts I have now anyway.

In the light of this claim I have no idea who scum will shoot. If they shoot me, good luck - you're gonna need it.

(tl;dr I agree with sciberbia and mocsta, {Holyflare // Rean, Chezinu (jampi), Onegu})

Last-minute additions:
Corazon's cop claim... gah. I don't see the point if he's scum. But damn it why did you claim so long before deadline? If the scum have a framer we could be led entirely up the garden path. I hope he's planning to check someone who isn't Onegu and was just claiming that to lead scum astray. I'd far prefer to see a check on Chezinu or even Holyflare than Onegu. Given how hard Corazon bashed on Holy for his claim I have hopes that Corazon has plans he hasn't revealed yet.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
November 26 2013 03:00 GMT
#2036
Night 2 Ends, Day 3 Begins

Flavor of strawberries.




thrawn2112 the Vanilla Townie is dead.

+ Show Spoiler [Role PM Fluff] +
Welcome to Back to the Basics Mini Mafia! You are Samuel Flores Borrego a Mobster (Vanilla Townie) , you're the local expert on... handling... cops. Your extensive net of blackmail and controled information means that you never have an issue with arressts, investigations, or anything else, which means you're the man who other families pay good money to ensure that nothing happens to the things they really care about. Unfortunately for you, the police investiagation into this meeting is beyond your power to affect. its so secret you couldn't even find out who the damn cops are to get dirt on them, so for now you're forced to smile, nod, and pray you can figure who they are before you wind up in jail.


Aquanim the Vanilla Townie is dead.
+ Show Spoiler [Role PM Fluff] +
Welcome to Back to the Basics Mini Mafia! You are Gerry Hutch a Mobster (Vanilla Townie) known by some as "The Monk". You are Liquidia's most successful and famous bank robber, and you made sure everyone knows, even if the cops can't prove it. You're actually surprisingly poor for a man who's robbed all the major banks in the city, some twice, prefering to establish and maintain your own charities instead of spending the money on untold luxury, like some of your fellows. That said, you have no love for the cops, and they'd love to get their hands on you.


Night 2 is now over. Day 3 has begun. You have to reach a majority for a lynch. With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 26 2013 03:01 GMT
#2037
GG GL HF
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 03:01 GMT
#2038
GG guys

##Vote: Onegu

I agree with Thrawn, it doesnt make a difference.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 03:02 GMT
#2039
Ohh, Corazon.. result?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 03:03 GMT
#2040
HF is guaranteed scum too btw. Doctor save had to be Aquanim.

Could toss up Thrawn/Sciberbia.
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 145 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1334
ComeBackTV 564
SteadfastSC476
TaKeTV 391
LamboSC2263
IndyStarCraft 139
Rex138
EnkiAlexander 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 476
LamboSC2 269
IndyStarCraft 144
Rex 143
ProTech140
BRAT_OK 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42797
Shuttle 2652
EffOrt 887
Light 819
Horang2 791
Mini 754
Soma 490
firebathero 342
Stork 338
BeSt 331
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 301
Snow 280
Rush 258
ggaemo 203
ZerO 189
Leta 141
hero 80
Pusan 70
Killer 63
Sea.KH 56
Sharp 48
sorry 37
Shinee 37
Mind 35
Mong 35
Shine 31
Bale 30
Yoon 29
ToSsGirL 27
Trap 24
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 21
soO 21
Free 15
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 3
Dota 2
Gorgc9227
Dendi929
qojqva727
Fuzer 199
420jenkins132
Counter-Strike
fl0m211
markeloff207
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1936
crisheroes1369
XaKoH 177
Other Games
singsing1984
B2W.Neo883
Liquid`VortiX190
Hui .186
ArmadaUGS145
QueenE100
Mew2King94
Trikslyr23
Railgan18
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Gemini_19 9
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 15
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2115
League of Legends
• Jankos2286
• Nemesis2284
• TFBlade963
Other Games
• WagamamaTV189
• Shiphtur34
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 4m
Stellar Fest
22h 4m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.