• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:59
CEST 10:59
KST 17:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9184 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia - Page 101

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 145 Next
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 01:32 GMT
#2001
Sorry for the influx of posts:

If I work off Rean is town: another reason I would expect scum to make the below post is as follows:
On November 21 2013 23:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
...

So yeah, i am gonna vote for Onegu or Bereft. Aquanim could be town, but Rean is a mislynch. Go for it if you want but i am gonna lynch thrawn on D2 if you lynch Rean because thrawn is spewing bullshit and he knows better than this.

Vote stands on Bereft, will be swithching to Onegu, not onto anyone else.
On November 21 2013 23:16 jampidampi wrote:
Could you provide some reasonings for this?
Rayn was going to push the lynch onto Onegu or Bereft, and scum tried to convince Rayn to get back onto Rean.

This actually makes a lot of sense to me because Rean was the lead candidate and its an effective means to "sow the seeds" and let others "reap the benefits - that only work for scums favour".

This interpretation has nothing to do with where I sit with Onegu or Bereft currently; its purely something I think is a very smart move for scum to make given the voting situation at the time.



Assuming Holyflare doesn't scum claim tomorrow (through Delay KP usage); I think jampidampi is a very information lynch for tomorrow.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 26 2013 01:54 GMT
#2002
Thrawn, are you about?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 01:57 GMT
#2003
After skimming Reans filter I dunno how much I want to lynch him.

Some things are townie, somethings appear scummy.
Slam is not doing much to affect my opinion of the slot either.

Basically, Rean *could* scum; but without some more new information from Slam I dont feel confident in the lynch.

The main reason i doubt he is scum is because hes not really pushing anything ever; and when he does - there are plausible town reasons (OMGUS on Aquanim, Defending himself against the cases on him).

If I am alive next cycle I will read the filter in more detail, but now, I still think jampi is a much better lynch than Rean.
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
November 26 2013 02:06 GMT
#2004
what do you mean scum claim by delay KP usage? I support the jampi lynch. and yeah, white mafia is my epic fail scum game.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 02:06 GMT
#2005
My last post before cycle finishes

(1) If there is only 1 kill: Please lynch jampidampi; PoE suggests Rean is town.. but.. need a better filter dive first.

(2) If there are 2 kills: Please lynch Holyflare, followed by jampidampi

(3) My best guess for the scum team is: {Holyflare // Rean, Chezinu (jampi), Onegu}


I just don't see how any other combination makes sense.

Thrawns activity has really waiver-ed recently: but I still hold him in higher regard than the 4 listed above.
Even though I had a townish read on Onegu before, no1 else understood my reasoning for it, which suggests it was a confirmation biased read on Onegu. Pragmatically, he has done nothing useful this game other than be a thorn voting against a majority. Even people like Bereft who wanted to lynch me, decided to give it up in the best interests of town.

I think this makes Onegu look terrible.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 26 2013 02:12 GMT
#2006
On November 26 2013 10:54 Aquanim wrote:
Thrawn, are you about?


yeah what's up

scum is onegu. 1 or two out of chezinu and bereft, then maybe scib or alak?

you corazon and mocsta are town i have no doubts about any of that. i can't say why i think bereft or scib could be scum because i am town reading them, more town on scib than bereft, but alas there are 3 scum so I must be wrong about something

onegu is mafia because he is way too confident in his read on corazon. he is pants on head in a scummy tunneling way. there is no way that a town onegu would ever say that he's going to be night killed because he has the game figured out... he knows everyone wants him dead, if he is town he would not expect mafia to kill him when they can "mislynch" him
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 02:13 GMT
#2007
On November 26 2013 11:06 Bereft wrote:
what do you mean scum claim by delay KP usage? I support the jampi lynch. and yeah, white mafia is my epic fail scum game.

You are right, I never thought about Option #4 below.

There was 0 kill Night 1.
Either:
(1) Doctor exists and made correct save (on Thrawn) --> Thrawn is confirmed town
(2) RB exists and RB scum --> I imagine the Town RB would have campaigned for this scum person all cycle Day 2 + makes no sense in the context of the doctor claim.
(3) Scum used Delay KP to have 2 KP Night 2
(4) Scum used Delay KP and a Doctor exists.


Hence, what occurs Night 2 based on the Night 1 options
(1) Scum have a maximum of 1 KP, minimum of 0
(2) ??
(3) Scum have 2KP
(4) Scum have 2KP, and possibility of 1 save to reduce to 1KP.


There is a possibility of 2KP and a doctor existing... fuck me.

In this instance, I still feel much better about a lynch on jampidampi regardless of Night Kills.
I think Onegu is a logical second lynch (assuming jampi is scum)
Hopefully Holy/Slam become more transparent and we can lynch between them.

Like I said before, Holys claim is so so so stupid I dont get it as scum. I know he has pride in his scum game and plays super pro-town. I'm very confused about where I stand with him, other than LoneMeow was relatively scummy from a very low post count.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 26 2013 02:20 GMT
#2008
I'm gonna post some final thoughts before the deadline:

First of all, I am an investigator and I am checking Onegu tonight. While I'm pretty sure that he is scum, there's no more time to play around and I need to make 100% sure that Onegu is either scum or town. Once we get him out of the way (whether it's from a green check or from lynching him), this game becomes a lot clearer. The evidence points overwhelmingly towards Onegu being scum and I want to get a confirmation of his scumminess so the town can have a clear direction

Once Onegu is out of the way, here are the order of people I want to lynch:

HF's claim unfounded
Chezinu
Thrawn

To be honest, I really think the scumteam is Onegu/Chezinu/HF but if one of those is disproven, I have to look at my shakiest town read. That happens to be thrawn. I have a lot more faith in my other town reads (Sciberia (I got a green check on him night 1), Aqua, Mocsta, Berift, and Alakaslam, in that order) than I do in my thrawn read. I've talked a little bit about how he is suspicious but once we get that far down the totem pole, I will look more into thrawn.

I'm open for questions until the deadline.


Grubby's #1 Fan
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 26 2013 02:22 GMT
#2009
What did you check night 1?
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 26 2013 02:22 GMT
#2010
cor why do you think bereft is town?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 26 2013 02:23 GMT
#2011
oh wait it was buried in the middle of the paragraph n/m
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 26 2013 02:23 GMT
#2012
because i do yet i have no idea why i do

usually that means i'm wrong

will look at filters when i can get on pc
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 02:25 GMT
#2013
Lol.. why claim so early.... Wtf is this
Filtering now for Corazon reads on scibs
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 26 2013 02:28 GMT
#2014
On November 26 2013 11:22 thrawn2112 wrote:
cor why do you think bereft is town?

Bereft is town because of his activity Day 2 and his contributions to the discussion, which I felt were moving the thread forward. It looked like he was trying to move the thread forward and find the best lynch.

Plus I just have a good feeling about Bereft.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 26 2013 02:28 GMT
#2015
My flavor btw:

Welcome to Back to the Basics Mini Mafia! You are Sergei Mikhailov a Private Detective (Town Investigator). You were the bright one in the family and was able to attend criminology school with the help of the "legitimate" side of your family's business. Your role in the family is to find the undercover cops so your business can stay clean and your family's "interests" remain undisturbed. Once per night, you can submit a name to the hosts and receive a message back saying whether your target is an honest Mobster or an undercover Cop. Crush those who would bring down the family "business"
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 02:33 GMT
#2016
On November 24 2013 10:02 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 09:58 Aquanim wrote:
Corazon, do you think Sciberbia is scum?

I'm not very confident in sciberia being scum. I appreciate the quality of his posts and the transparency he has shown throughout most of the game. I don't want to lynch him today.

I am inclined to believe Corazon is truthful

This is a complete 180 on his opinion on Scibs from the 40-odd previous comments.

Holyflare is confirmed scum; there is no way that this game has doctor + cop considering it is "back to basics".
1 power role each side makes sense due to complicating play via fake claims.

KK, so Corazon and Scibs are confirmed town.

I do like {Holyflare, jampidampi, Onegu} as the team.

GO TOWN !!
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 26 2013 02:33 GMT
#2017
corazon.. when there are cops... there are usually godfathers and/or millers and/or framers. if hf's claim is true then cop + doctor might mean we have all that + scum roleblockers. you should kept silent imo.

"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 26 2013 02:34 GMT
#2018
I'm sorry I have to eat dinner. Brb 15-20 minutes sorry
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 26 2013 02:34 GMT
#2019
Corazon, I dunno why you claimed so early, coulda waited till last 2min. Now you are going to be shot along with probably Sciberbia.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 26 2013 02:35 GMT
#2020
btw moc, idk if this has been adressed yet, but all that stuff you said about lynching chez first is not good imo. there's pretty much possible way that onegu isn't mafia
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 145 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 568
910 476
Hyuk 281
Soma 85
Dewaltoss 78
Light 69
Killer 64
Shinee 43
Mind 37
NotJumperer 37
[ Show more ]
Bale 25
ZergMaN 25
yabsab 20
sorry 17
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe225
League of Legends
JimRising 437
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1193
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1992
Khaldor529
Other Games
gofns4111
singsing1149
ceh9618
XBOCT306
Mew2King150
ArmadaUGS41
DeMusliM10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick656
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream287
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• LUISG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Jankos1222
• Stunt575
Other Games
• WagamamaTV113
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 1m
Stellar Fest
4h 1m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.