• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:14
CEST 07:14
KST 14:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War425.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8824 users

TL Mafia LVII - Page 75

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 147 Next
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 06:07 GMT
#1481
important posts:
lulz

.gay.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 06:08 GMT
#1482
i cant believe you all lynched BKX
You all need to listen to me, even if I've been drinking lightly.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 06:08 GMT
#1483
I'm going to iso someone at random right now.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 06:10 GMT
#1484
On September 09 2012 07:09 slOosh wrote:
I don't even.

So Scum decided 1KP on BC was a good idea? ...
GK probably bombed ... so ...
Gah I'm just gonna wait till tomorrow NK to figure it out. By then vigs should have used their second bullet and should claim.

Gonna go cool off first.

Notice the capitalization of scum, and him seeming to have too much knowledge. Couple that with IIoA and I'm a little suspicious. Sloosh, do you have any meta I can have? A town game, first, possibly a few (like 2 as green 1 as blue), and a scum game?

On September 09 2012 14:40 slOosh wrote:
Cool your heads - this is probably more detrimental than beneficial.

Vig, decide for yourself what you want to do with your second bullet. Cross reference what you take out of the BKEXE mislynch with the Mattchew lynch and a lurker list.

Logic
can lean towards information instead of analysis
sloosh is someone i'm going to FoS until I can further analyze.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 07:24 GMT
#1485
BM. I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you clarify and expand on whatever it is you are saying?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
September 09 2012 07:33 GMT
#1486
Well I got some internet for a while now (yes, internet issues are still in play, recently moved to the dorms of my university, so I am not guaranteed network access at the moment). Also reading through the thread, looks like I am now on Hapa's hitlist, joy!


On September 09 2012 12:44 Hapahauli wrote:
1) ShiaoPi has a reasonably active town-meta. ShiaoPi has no scum meta.
2) ShiaoPi is hardcore lurking this game, "internet issues" cited, but were not mentioned pre-game (odd, considering severity). His activity is very different from his 6 town games.

He certainly hasn't posted anything that makes me think he's town. Some other newer players have posts that show effort, but ShiaoPi has shown none. As far as I'm concerned, the above makes him scummy. If he'd like to defend himself and convince me otherwise, he should take the opportunity to do so.

Should I hold your hand too, or will that suffice?


1) I know that my play is off from my town games take it or leave it right now when I am saying that I am town (yet again).

2)I still have internet issues, see above also I am in a stupid timezone (HKT) compared to you. I either have to stay up late or wake up early in order to catch the last of the US-timezones discussing, mostly I don't make it, did stay up once and felt trashed afterwards, so no not willing to repeat that. If that is not enough for you to explain my "meta"-switch, can't do more.

Onto something else though...
I said I'll take another look at maverick and what strikes me as odd is the focus he has on lurkers, while I can agree that this game has a shitton of lurkers (counting myself as well) it is pretty "normal" for a large game to have them around. One should take a look at the (even if few) posts the lurkers have in order to search for scum motivation/anti-town behaviour. Mav does not do it though, for him he has the simple equation of lurker=scum. There is quite the disconnect between this argument and his own behaviour as I would count him into the lurkers as well, so shouldn't he step up his game to fulfill his perception of good town play?

Also looking back into d1 there is quite some amount of soft-defending towards Mattchew within his filter, e.g.:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 04 2012 13:17 Maverick32x wrote:
Hey guys- got a chance to catch up and I have a couple thoughts.

First- Not totally comfortable voting Mattchew at this point.. I understand the potential for lying about the role claim.. and I'm not a big fan of role claiming in general... HOWEVER- I'd like to reiterate BlackMamba's post that said something to the tune of "ITT- Townies arguing with Townies" because I find that people are so quick to blame each other for stupid stuff that we end up wasting the first couple days with literally zero reason for voting someone besides "They drew a picture"....

That being said- I'd like to draw a little bit of attention to the first voter for whom I feel like I can make an actual observation on- Toadesstern.

The reason I want to focus on that is just because of the speed at which he strikes out just makes me wonder why that's beneficial from a town perspective? And I'm just wondering if he just wanted to try to promote chaos right away?? Also- consistently attacking other posters seems to be a trend....

& + Show Spoiler +
On September 05 2012 00:41 Maverick32x wrote:
Well, I must of skimmed past the FoS on me from Bill Murray, so I'll weigh in a bit.

The reason I was hesitant to jump on Matt was because 'bad play' doesn't equal Scum play. And our goal is to hunt Scum, not hunt bad players. That being said, lying goes a bit beyond 'bad' and starts to seem more scummy.

@Broodking- I re-read your post like 10 times and I have no idea what point you're trying to make...





He also claims to be really focused on scumhunting instead of "looking good"

+ Show Spoiler +
On September 07 2012 10:14 Maverick32x wrote:
I don't even know what Dwarf Fortress Mafia is?? How is that relevant?

And yes- I acknowledge I defended Matt because I had no reason NOT to. He had just made a post and a couple people started to jump on him about it.

I honestly would not of voted him if Palmer didn't say that NN were not self-aware.

I'm not too concerned with 'looking better' but rather trying to scum hunt and win.



but his "cases" until now has been this single post: + Show Spoiler +
On September 07 2012 10:11 Maverick32x wrote:
Okay, got through everyone's filters, so lets label some of the lurkers just to make sure we're aware:

Hopeless1der, Shady Sands, ShiaoPi, and honestly I'd like to put Austinmcc in there too just cause his posts are useless.. but meh

Okay, Obviously my read above on Forumite still stands- but I'm going to focus on DoYouHas for this next post.

He randomly decides that Bill Murray must die right away. No idea why this was important for him to post- and to be honest Bill Murray is suspicious in his own ways (not to de-rail, but a lot of one sentence responses, fluctuating 'lists' of scum etc)

So my sense is that this is a way to just accuse a peer early on, knowing that it won't stick.

And of course it doesn't, because he quickly /unvotes that so quickly that it doesn't even make sense why he would do it in the first place.

The majority of DoYouHas's posts involve meta game. Starting right at the start its his 'friend' who wanted him to vote, and people are playing as their 'meta' which he frequently refers to. We're looking at a definite Matt lynch, and he knows it, and even states it... why wouldn't he get behind that vote?

He then jumps to Hopeless1der as his next target. He just appears far too sure of himself that Hopeless is voting scum for a townie- considering his entire case is built around it.

His defense involves his own meta!! This leads me to believe that he is very aware of the 'meta' in the game, and is actively trying to fit whatever he views as 'usual' for him when he is town.

So there you have it!! My top 2 reads currently.



I am not impressed at all.

Furthermore adding up to his shady behaviour, we have this little exchange between him and me:
As soon as I am asking him some questions he feels uncomfortable with, he says this:
On September 08 2012 04:42 Maverick32x wrote:
You haven't posted enough for me to be sure of your alignment.

You're also not reading.... I wanted you to post. Stop derailing this thread by making it personal .


I think lurking is scummy. You were lurking. Therefore your behavior is scummy.


Ignoring my questions (still is btw) alltogether.

After we mislynch BKE, it's straight up, back to the lurkers, no mention of DYH or Forumite which were suspicions of him before.

I don't know if you can see town motivation behind his play, I certainly don't, mav is scum, so shoot him tonight or lynch him tomorrow.

Probably won't have internet again before the deadline passes so yeah, that's it from me.
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 07:58 GMT
#1487
On September 09 2012 16:33 ShiaoPi wrote:
I am in a stupid timezone (HKT) compared to you. I either have to stay up late or wake up early in order to catch the last of the US-timezones discussing, mostly I don't make it, did stay up once and felt trashed afterwards, so no not willing to repeat that. If that is not enough for you to explain my "meta"-switch, can't do more.


I can verify this. AEST is similar to HKT and I had to stay up till 4.00 am last night and am now really tired. It takes people in our timezone alot of effort to be around during the US day time. we either catch the end of the discussion when we wake up. or the start if we stay up late.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 09:02 GMT
#1488
On September 09 2012 16:24 DarthPunk wrote:
BM. I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you clarify and expand on whatever it is you are saying?

in relation to what? quote it
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Kreb
Profile Joined September 2010
4834 Posts
September 09 2012 09:11 GMT
#1489
On September 09 2012 15:10 Bill Murray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 07:09 slOosh wrote:
I don't even.

So Scum decided 1KP on BC was a good idea? ...
GK probably bombed ... so ...
Gah I'm just gonna wait till tomorrow NK to figure it out. By then vigs should have used their second bullet and should claim.

Gonna go cool off first.

Notice the capitalization of scum, and him seeming to have too much knowledge. Couple that with IIoA and I'm a little suspicious.

I didnt get this at least. From that post you make out that he seems to know too much. How? To me he is just speculating, which might not be worthy of a post to begin with but doesnt seem scummy to me.
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 09 2012 09:40 GMT
#1490
On September 09 2012 18:11 Kreb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 15:10 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 09 2012 07:09 slOosh wrote:
I don't even.

So Scum decided 1KP on BC was a good idea? ...
GK probably bombed ... so ...
Gah I'm just gonna wait till tomorrow NK to figure it out. By then vigs should have used their second bullet and should claim.

Gonna go cool off first.

Notice the capitalization of scum, and him seeming to have too much knowledge. Couple that with IIoA and I'm a little suspicious.

I didnt get this at least. From that post you make out that he seems to know too much. How? To me he is just speculating, which might not be worthy of a post to begin with but doesnt seem scummy to me.

Kreb, BM is just trolling. Can you look at the DP/me/Hapa exchange in the past few pages and give us your thoughts?
Что?
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 09:48 GMT
#1491
On September 09 2012 18:11 Kreb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 15:10 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 09 2012 07:09 slOosh wrote:
I don't even.

So Scum decided 1KP on BC was a good idea? ...
GK probably bombed ... so ...
Gah I'm just gonna wait till tomorrow NK to figure it out. By then vigs should have used their second bullet and should claim.

Gonna go cool off first.

Notice the capitalization of scum, and him seeming to have too much knowledge. Couple that with IIoA and I'm a little suspicious.

I didnt get this at least. From that post you make out that he seems to know too much. How? To me he is just speculating, which might not be worthy of a post to begin with but doesnt seem scummy to me.

i ctrl+ved the 2nd post onto the first, so the first references the ending of the post

im waiting on sloosh to provide some meta before I continue with this
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 09:48 GMT
#1492
On September 09 2012 18:40 Shady Sands wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 18:11 Kreb wrote:
On September 09 2012 15:10 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 09 2012 07:09 slOosh wrote:
I don't even.

So Scum decided 1KP on BC was a good idea? ...
GK probably bombed ... so ...
Gah I'm just gonna wait till tomorrow NK to figure it out. By then vigs should have used their second bullet and should claim.

Gonna go cool off first.

Notice the capitalization of scum, and him seeming to have too much knowledge. Couple that with IIoA and I'm a little suspicious.

I didnt get this at least. From that post you make out that he seems to know too much. How? To me he is just speculating, which might not be worthy of a post to begin with but doesnt seem scummy to me.

Kreb, BM is just trolling. Can you look at the DP/me/Hapa exchange in the past few pages and give us your thoughts?

Excuse me?
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 09:49 GMT
#1493
Also, who the fuck is Kreb?
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 09:50 GMT
#1494
Furthermore, I was asking Darth, not you all
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
September 09 2012 10:00 GMT
#1495
On September 09 2012 18:49 Bill Murray wrote:
Also, who the fuck is Kreb?


Replaced in for Miltonkram. Also yay, still got Internet for another 30 mins
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 09 2012 10:05 GMT
#1496
I don´t understand why Z-boson talks about asking vets to confirm the number of watchers. There are probably more watchers in this game but we can´t know, so using that as any basis for a lynch is a very bad idea. His post-lynch post about how vets should have confirmed the number of watchers and that there must be a scum among the vets, it's a useless post and doesn´t sit well with me. He´s trying to shift the blame on vets even though none of his suspicions have any grounds, but posts like that usually makes it easier to start a wagon later in the game because "people have been suspicious". I´d rather see Z-boson make a real case on someone.

Toades, we don´t know if Palmar deliberately made sure to put vets on the scumteam. Even if Palmar put vets on the scumteam, I once lost the game for town (as town) by trying to start a wagon on Palmar, because he was leading town too well. Do you think it´s likely he´d try and boost the scumteam by adding me?

Also; Bill Murray, get in here.
:3
Kreb
Profile Joined September 2010
4834 Posts
September 09 2012 10:22 GMT
#1497
On September 09 2012 18:40 Shady Sands wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 18:11 Kreb wrote:
On September 09 2012 15:10 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 09 2012 07:09 slOosh wrote:
I don't even.

So Scum decided 1KP on BC was a good idea? ...
GK probably bombed ... so ...
Gah I'm just gonna wait till tomorrow NK to figure it out. By then vigs should have used their second bullet and should claim.

Gonna go cool off first.

Notice the capitalization of scum, and him seeming to have too much knowledge. Couple that with IIoA and I'm a little suspicious.

I didnt get this at least. From that post you make out that he seems to know too much. How? To me he is just speculating, which might not be worthy of a post to begin with but doesnt seem scummy to me.

Kreb, BM is just trolling. Can you look at the DP/me/Hapa exchange in the past few pages and give us your thoughts?

Well, I didnt ask him about the "lulz gay" post (troll post). I asked him about him finding someone suspicious, which doesnt seem like trolling to me.

Anyway. Hapa apparently was a pretty big part in the mislynch against BKE, and then afterwards comes out strong with vig call on ShiaoPi. My first feeling is it would be pretty ballsy for a mafia to that (which is obviously a good reason to do it as mafia yea yea I get that). But continuing down the discussion I do think he seems quite (emotianlly?) invested in his scumhunting and his frustration is relevant for someone who is feeling he is being questioned more than he might deserve.

Apart from that, a lot of your argument seems to be based on meta. His read on Shiao, your read on him not questioning you for your supposed off-what-you-normally-do-meta. I cant really comment on much of that since I dont have any meta reads at all on any of you.

In addition I do like and agree with your reasonign on Grush. Giving him "free pass" is a bad idea to me because of what the situation might turn into should we get closer to mylo/lylo with him still in it. If we're gonna have to do a 75/25 guess on him at some point anyway we might as well do it earlier since it gives us an extra cycle to discuss whatever target we might go on should we give Grush a pass. A lot of this is apparently about meta too, but people seem to agree his play is always trollish/anti-townish so I'll go with that for now.

And since we're talking meta anyway, whats the reason for your meta to be so off from your normal? I did see you mentioning a being busy at work in an earlier post, but not sure if thats the whole reason..
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 09 2012 10:22 GMT
#1498
Anyhow, what does everyone think about Hapa? To recap:

On September 09 2012 13:31 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 13:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 13:15 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:59 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:53 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:49 Hapahauli wrote:
And as far as I'm concerned Shady, you've posted jack-shit in terms of your reads.

Put-up or shut-up.

Right, because nearly starting a counter-wagon to the BKE mislynch on grush57 does not qualify as a read. And in case you're wondering, right you and him are my top scumreads.



You made a case on GRush - if you think that's an actual read, you either haven't seen GRush play or you're smoking something that I want real bad right now.

Cases and reads are equivalent. If you think they're different, then, you, sir, are the drug addict.


So you made a read on Grush. You started a counter-wagon against someone who is traditionally the easiest mislynch in the game - someone who is going to behave just like that regardless of alignment. Yay for reads that matter!

Still waiting for an answer to this btw:

On September 09 2012 12:52 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:14 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:50 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:47 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:42 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:17 Hapahauli wrote:
I retract my vigi-shot call on Rewok. He mentions the "lynch for blood" stuff earlier in his filter, and I'm willing to chalk it up to bad town. His giant wall-o-text posts giving everyone null-reads actually reads town to me - seems like a genuine attempt to contribute, despite being useless.

However, I do think we should look into vigi-shotting ShiaoPi. Shiao is hardcore lurking in comparison to his other games as VT. Absolutely no content in Shaio's filter, and there are a couple of posts that fingerpoint like mad:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=361826&currentpage=47#929

Shaio originally wasn't posting because of "internet concerns." I believed Shiao at the time, but now it's becoming a habit.

Why are you calling for a vig shot on Shiao for lurking and no call for a vig shot on me for lurking? I'm fingerpointing too.


Do you think you're a better vig shot than Shaio? Do tell.

I asked you first, Hapa. Please answer


Yeah Hapa. Stop answering questions with questions. You have been extremely selective with your scum reads this game. I would also like to know why shaio over shady. Also how could you see Ottox as not scummy and BKE with a plausible watcher claim guaranteed scum. I am going to take a close look at your filter and XXI. Something is off about you.

I agree. Hapa's usually a pretty good scumhunter. His posts on Ottox in particular are just strange; almost inviting a vigi hit on Ottox but backing away enough to give himself plausible deniability. Town Hapa (in Newbie Mini XXIII) didn't play like this.


Oh haha I missed this - weren't you ranting for pages about me cheating in that game and getting lucky? Sounds like someone twisting meta to their own advantage.


So you felt that Ottox was town despite the fact he was scummy as shit. And you think Grush is town Despite looking scummy as shit. But you were 100% positive on BKE and tunnelled him all of day 2 without changing your read or your case because he 'flip-flopped' on Matt. DESPITE HIS CLAIM and with several of us making counter arguments?

Based on Flip flopping on Matt.


Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 17:08 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 04 2012 16:21 Z-BosoN wrote:
All right, regarding the BC/Mattchew situation:

First of all, this post is wrong:

You are right, his fakeclaim doesn't prove he is mafia on its own. However, HIM ASKING FOR CLAIMS DOES. Why would a townie fakeclaim and attempt to get all blues to claim ? No townie day 1 should ever be this fuckign stupid. Even if he gets caught as mafia (as I have caught him) had anyone or if anyone proceeds to claim and a bunch of retard blues out themselves mafia is instantly ahead.


IIRC, he asked for people with the same role - noisy neighbor - to claim, not blues.

BC is making this main assumption:

No miller/neighbor is self aware in any game ever except odd pyp/ptp like setups as it defeats the purpose of the role. This game holds true to the same rule as normal games for the mechanic.


To put it simply, this is the main argument going on: how can he know he is a noisy neighbor if they are unaware?. Am I correct?

You have made it clear that you are 100% sure that this game does not include self-aware millers.
As a normal person, one could not make this assumption, as it would be statistical. Say 90% of games don't include self-aware millers. I have read the OP, and nowhere does it say that millers aren't self-aware, so you must have other reasons to know this, because no matter what, you say it is not an assumption.

The fact that you keep insisting would be ridiculous if you weren't indeed 100% certain, because, like sloosh said, you would most likely be lynched if he showed up town, making it a double town loss.

Did I get anything wrong here?

If not, ##Vote Mattchew






So you rail against all the reasoning behind the mattchew vote, say that there is zero evidence that he is lying and that it is based purely on conjecture, and then vote for him without adding anything to the case against him? Then you vote for him, completely contradicting the fact that you clearly state it is based on an assumption? o_0


I posted this on day one. You ignored it. Z - boson was similarly guilty. If you thought BKE was scum based on his interactions around Matt then you should have found Z - Boson suspicious also. And yet you don't mention him at all UNTIL Austin brings him up.


Show nested quote +
[B]On September 09 2012 05:38 Hapahauli wrote:
[b]@ austinmcc

Okay admittedly I'm a bit biased because of my meta-read, and I sat down to take a look at your case again.

The one thing I want some answers from Z-Boson is his ##Vote post:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=361826&currentpage=21#413

I just don't understand what he's saying here. It's as if he criticizes the reasoning for voting Mattchew, then turns around and votes Mattchew.


You repeat what I posted day one and what Austin had been saying. It is suspicious as hell and yet you continue to tunnel BKE. And state that Z - Boson is town.

You are being very selective on who you believe is scum/town and it is based on no shared thought processes from what I can see.


This + Hapa flipflopping on Ottox, while remaining adamant about BKE based on the same reasoning that led him to flip-flop on Ottox himself.

If Palmar has put a vet in the scumteam, Hapa looks like the biggest candidate.
Что?
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 09 2012 10:26 GMT
#1499
On September 09 2012 19:22 Kreb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 18:40 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 18:11 Kreb wrote:
On September 09 2012 15:10 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 09 2012 07:09 slOosh wrote:
I don't even.

So Scum decided 1KP on BC was a good idea? ...
GK probably bombed ... so ...
Gah I'm just gonna wait till tomorrow NK to figure it out. By then vigs should have used their second bullet and should claim.

Gonna go cool off first.

Notice the capitalization of scum, and him seeming to have too much knowledge. Couple that with IIoA and I'm a little suspicious.

I didnt get this at least. From that post you make out that he seems to know too much. How? To me he is just speculating, which might not be worthy of a post to begin with but doesnt seem scummy to me.

Kreb, BM is just trolling. Can you look at the DP/me/Hapa exchange in the past few pages and give us your thoughts?

Well, I didnt ask him about the "lulz gay" post (troll post). I asked him about him finding someone suspicious, which doesnt seem like trolling to me.

Anyway. Hapa apparently was a pretty big part in the mislynch against BKE, and then afterwards comes out strong with vig call on ShiaoPi. My first feeling is it would be pretty ballsy for a mafia to that (which is obviously a good reason to do it as mafia yea yea I get that). But continuing down the discussion I do think he seems quite (emotianlly?) invested in his scumhunting and his frustration is relevant for someone who is feeling he is being questioned more than he might deserve.

Apart from that, a lot of your argument seems to be based on meta. His read on Shiao, your read on him not questioning you for your supposed off-what-you-normally-do-meta. I cant really comment on much of that since I dont have any meta reads at all on any of you.

In addition I do like and agree with your reasonign on Grush. Giving him "free pass" is a bad idea to me because of what the situation might turn into should we get closer to mylo/lylo with him still in it. If we're gonna have to do a 75/25 guess on him at some point anyway we might as well do it earlier since it gives us an extra cycle to discuss whatever target we might go on should we give Grush a pass. A lot of this is apparently about meta too, but people seem to agree his play is always trollish/anti-townish so I'll go with that for now.

And since we're talking meta anyway, whats the reason for your meta to be so off from your normal? I did see you mentioning a being busy at work in an earlier post, but not sure if thats the whole reason..

Emotional involvement is a null tell. Scum get angry just as much as town (thank you Blazinghand). My read on Hapa basically boils down to two things:

1) Hapa is playing off his meta while ignoring my shift on meta.
2) Hapa is being very selective/arbitrary in his scumhunting, and so far has led us to mislynch someone. Note that neither part of #2 is scummy on its own, but when taken together, are a clear scumtell.

As for my own quietness, I honestly was busy. Will still be busy tomorrow and the next few days.
Что?
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 09 2012 10:27 GMT
#1500
On September 09 2012 19:05 Forumite wrote:
I don´t understand why Z-boson talks about asking vets to confirm the number of watchers. There are probably more watchers in this game but we can´t know, so using that as any basis for a lynch is a very bad idea. His post-lynch post about how vets should have confirmed the number of watchers and that there must be a scum among the vets, it's a useless post and doesn´t sit well with me. He´s trying to shift the blame on vets even though none of his suspicions have any grounds, but posts like that usually makes it easier to start a wagon later in the game because "people have been suspicious". I´d rather see Z-boson make a real case on someone.

Toades, we don´t know if Palmar deliberately made sure to put vets on the scumteam. Even if Palmar put vets on the scumteam, I once lost the game for town (as town) by trying to start a wagon on Palmar, because he was leading town too well. Do you think it´s likely he´d try and boost the scumteam by adding me?

Also; Bill Murray, get in here.

How about not sweeping the whole Hapa/DP/me disagreement under the rug and commenting on it?
Что?
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 147 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 291
Mind 64
Bale 25
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g7421
Coldzera 709
WinterStarcraft575
C9.Mang0285
Sick177
ViBE148
febbydoto18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick721
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2109
League of Legends
• Rush1026
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 46m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.