• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:45
CEST 05:45
KST 12:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10175 users

TL Mafia LVII - Page 74

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 147 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 04:44 GMT
#1461
@ DP
So you felt that Ottox was town despite the fact he was scummy as shit. And you think Grush is town Despite looking scummy as shit. But you were 100% positive on BKE and tunnelled him all of day 2 without changing your read or your case because he 'flip-flopped' on Matt. DESPITE HIS CLAIM and with several of us making counter arguments?

Based on Flip flopping on Matt.


Good lord. I didn't think Ottox was scummy when I was defending him. For the 10000th time, hard defending confirmed scum isn't scummy - it's horribad town, and I made that clear so many times.

Yes I thought BKE was scummy. That's why I pushed for his lynch all day. I didn't believe his claim, as with like 16 other people in the thread.


I posted this on day one. You ignored it. Z - boson was similarly guilty. If you thought BKE was scum based on his interactions around Matt then you should have found Z - Boson suspicious also. And yet you don't mention him at all UNTIL Austin brings him up.


So what? I didn't pick up on it. The fact that I actually acknowledged it with austinmcc should tell you that I took it seriously when I found it. Again, at the time, I had a town-meta read on Z-Boson. I'm leaning town once again on Z-Boson after looking through his filter a couple of hours ago.

You repeat what I posted day one and what Austin had been saying. It is suspicious as hell and yet you continue to tunnel BKE. And state that Z - Boson is town.

You are being very selective on who you believe is scum/town and it is based on no shared thought processes from what I can see.


I explained this already. You don't read. I was convinced BKE was scum and pursued other reads.

And don't give me this selective shit. I've made the most reads out of anyone this game.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 04:47 GMT
#1462
If he's always anti-town, shouldn't he be a more valid target for a vigi hit than a lurker?


Basically, a lurker playing off his meta is a little less pressing a concern than someone who actively goes around and shits up the thread while making themselves unreadable. Why? Scum will never kill them, so they'll end up surviving. As the game draws closer and closer to MYLO/LYLO that player becomes more and more damaging to town. I made that mistake with Chez in Normal Mini III and I'm not making it again here.


On September 09 2012 13:40 Shady Sands wrote:
No, I'm calling for the shot on you and calling for the lynch on grush. I know I can get grush lynched, given how anti-town he's playing. You're a tougher nut to crack, especially with scumbuddies and misguided townies to soft-defend you.


Lol sup scum.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 04:53 GMT
#1463
On September 09 2012 13:44 Hapahauli wrote:
I explained this already. You don't read. I was convinced BKE was scum and pursued other reads.


So you pursued a town read on Z-boson? Is that what I am missing. You obviously don't read as you fail to understand the point.

You found Z - Boson Townie and BKE scummy despite doing extremely similar things based on the Mattchew flip which was the basis for you entire case.

And don't give me this selective shit. I've made the most reads out of anyone this game. [/QUOTE]

So you have made the most reads in the game? Too bad this means jack shit. And that does NOT EXPLAIN YOUR MOTIVATION.

Let me make it clear. You are a heuristic that process the same information and arrives at different conclusions. That is why you are selective. I said jack shit about the quantity of your posts. I am talking about the content. But thanks for trying to once again derail the discussion.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 04:59 GMT
#1464
On September 09 2012 13:53 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 13:44 Hapahauli wrote:
I explained this already. You don't read. I was convinced BKE was scum and pursued other reads.


So you pursued a town read on Z-boson? Is that what I am missing. You obviously don't read as you fail to understand the point.


Where the hell do you get that from? I had a town-read on Z-Boson at that point in the game and was pursuing other reads (MiltonKram). Why would I pursue someone I have a town read on.

My question is, if you found Z-boson so scummy, why didn't you pursue your read on him?

You found Z - Boson Townie and BKE scummy despite doing extremely similar things based on the Mattchew flip which was the basis for you entire case.


Did you read my case on BKE? Clearly you didn't. I found BKE scummy for the 180 change in opinions over two posts. Z-Boson doesn't have another post to compare to.

Show nested quote +
And don't give me this selective shit. I've made the most reads out of anyone this game.


So you have made the most reads in the game? Too bad this means jack shit. And that does NOT EXPLAIN YOUR MOTIVATION.


So you admit you're wrong about your "Selective" thing? Please read my 9-page filter and decide my "motivation" then.

Let me make it clear. You are a heuristic that process the same information and arrives at different conclusions. That is why you are selective. I said jack shit about the quantity of your posts. I am talking about the content. But thanks for trying to once again derail the discussion.


That's not the definition of selectivity that I know of.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 05:01 GMT
#1465
@ Shady + DP

This reeks of town on town violence, and I'm done with it. Quite frankly I'm sick of getting tunneled by two townies who aren't reading my posts. Goodnight sirs and see you tomorrow morning.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 05:02 GMT
#1466
On September 09 2012 13:47 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
If he's always anti-town, shouldn't he be a more valid target for a vigi hit than a lurker?


Show nested quote +
Basically, a lurker playing off his meta is a little less pressing a concern than someone who actively goes around and shits up the thread while making themselves unreadable. Why? Scum will never kill them, so they'll end up surviving. As the game draws closer and closer to MYLO/LYLO that player becomes more and more damaging to town. I made that mistake with Chez in Normal Mini III and I'm not making it again here.


Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 13:40 Shady Sands wrote:
No, I'm calling for the shot on you and calling for the lynch on grush. I know I can get grush lynched, given how anti-town he's playing. You're a tougher nut to crack, especially with scumbuddies and misguided townies to soft-defend you.


Lol sup scum.


On September 09 2012 14:01 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Shady + DP

This reeks of town on town violence, and I'm done with it. Quite frankly I'm sick of getting tunneled by two townies who aren't reading my posts. Goodnight sirs and see you tomorrow morning.


Cool story bro.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 05:04 GMT
#1467
On September 09 2012 13:59 Hapahauli wrote:

Did you read my case on BKE? Clearly you didn't. I found BKE scummy for the 180 change in opinions over two posts. Z-Boson doesn't have another post to compare to.



Right so because Z -Boson did a 180 degree in ONE POST and not TWO BKE was scum and ZB was town?

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 05:04 GMT
#1468
Last bit before I go to bed - am I not allowed to change my mind in an emotional conversation?

w/e, believe what you want.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 05:07 GMT
#1469
On September 09 2012 13:59 Hapahauli wrote:
Please read my 9-page filter and decide my "motivation" then.


As if I haven't? Honestly you keep bringing it back to the quantity of your posts. But that does not mean anything in regards to your alignment.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 05:07 GMT
#1470
On September 09 2012 14:04 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 13:59 Hapahauli wrote:

Did you read my case on BKE? Clearly you didn't. I found BKE scummy for the 180 change in opinions over two posts. Z-Boson doesn't have another post to compare to.



Right so because Z -Boson did a 180 degree in ONE POST and not TWO BKE was scum and ZB was town?



Goddamnit you make it so hard for me to sleep.

BKE was scum because of the 180 + other scummy stuff in his filter (ottox stances). I was wrong, and a bunch of townies were wrong with me.

In the context of Z-Boson's play, I think he's town. Yes I find that post suspicious. Yes I acknowledged it with austinmcc's play. Yes I was thinking about that post earlier this night. However given the rest of Z-Boson's play and looking at his scum filter in XXIV, I think Z-Boson is town.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 05:08 GMT
#1471
Ugh fuck going to bed, I need to revenge-tunnel you a bit.

Why didn't you pursue your read of Z-Boson?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 05:10 GMT
#1472
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=361826&currentpage=22#423

You posted this on Z-Boson, and NEVER followed it up.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 05:11 GMT
#1473
On September 09 2012 14:08 Hapahauli wrote:
Ugh fuck going to bed, I need to revenge-tunnel you a bit.

Why didn't you pursue your read of Z-Boson?


Because I am lazy. Matt was being Lynched and Z- Boson seemed to post a lot better later on.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 05:12 GMT
#1474
On September 09 2012 14:11 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 14:08 Hapahauli wrote:
Ugh fuck going to bed, I need to revenge-tunnel you a bit.

Why didn't you pursue your read of Z-Boson?


Because I am lazy. Matt was being Lynched and Z- Boson seemed to post a lot better later on.


But lolz why wouldn't town pursue Z-Boson readz if they find it scumy lololololololol

Clearly t3h scum lol.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 05:14 GMT
#1475
On September 09 2012 14:12 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 14:11 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 09 2012 14:08 Hapahauli wrote:
Ugh fuck going to bed, I need to revenge-tunnel you a bit.

Why didn't you pursue your read of Z-Boson?


Because I am lazy. Matt was being Lynched and Z- Boson seemed to post a lot better later on.


But lolz why wouldn't town pursue Z-Boson readz if they find it scumy lololololololol

Clearly t3h scum lol.


Because he posted better later on
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 05:14 GMT
#1476
On September 09 2012 14:11 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 14:08 Hapahauli wrote:
Ugh fuck going to bed, I need to revenge-tunnel you a bit.

Why didn't you pursue your read of Z-Boson?


Because I am lazy. Matt was being Lynched and Z- Boson seemed to post a lot better later on.


But in all seriousness, you're blaming me for not pursuing Z-Boson when we were on the exact same page about why we thought he was town?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 05:19 GMT
#1477
On September 09 2012 14:14 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 14:11 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 09 2012 14:08 Hapahauli wrote:
Ugh fuck going to bed, I need to revenge-tunnel you a bit.

Why didn't you pursue your read of Z-Boson?


Because I am lazy. Matt was being Lynched and Z- Boson seemed to post a lot better later on.


But in all seriousness, you're blaming me for not pursuing Z-Boson when we were on the exact same page about why we thought he was town?


No. I am blaming you for tunnelling BKE and not even considering BKE could be town despite his claim. Even though you had made peace with another person being town whom was guilty of the same things you used in your case on BKE.
And I DO NOT think Z - Boson is town. I am suspicious of him as I am of you and of everyone in this game. The only town reads I had were of BC and DrH.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 05:24 GMT
#1478
On September 09 2012 14:19 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 14:14 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 14:11 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 09 2012 14:08 Hapahauli wrote:
Ugh fuck going to bed, I need to revenge-tunnel you a bit.

Why didn't you pursue your read of Z-Boson?


Because I am lazy. Matt was being Lynched and Z- Boson seemed to post a lot better later on.


But in all seriousness, you're blaming me for not pursuing Z-Boson when we were on the exact same page about why we thought he was town?


No. I am blaming you for tunnelling BKE and not even considering BKE could be town despite his claim. Even though you had made peace with another person being town whom was guilty of the same things you used in your case on BKE.
And I DO NOT think Z - Boson is town. I am suspicious of him as I am of you and of everyone in this game. The only town reads I had were of BC and DrH.


Let's go back to our states of mind at the beginning of D2. At that point, we both thought Z-Boson was town yes? At that point in the game (thinking Z-Boson was town based on meta), I went back through filters and saw BKE's post. I had no such meta read on BKE and thought BKE was scum.

As for why I tunneled BKE without considering he was town - I thought he was scummy as shit. I had no reason to believe he was town. Should I have believed he was town in hindsight? I don't know. I liked my case and it was wrong. Shit happens.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 09 2012 05:40 GMT
#1479
Cool your heads - this is probably more detrimental than beneficial.

Vig, decide for yourself what you want to do with your second bullet. Cross reference what you take out of the BKEXE mislynch with the Mattchew lynch and a lurker list.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 05:45 GMT
#1480
On September 09 2012 14:40 slOosh wrote:
Cool your heads - this is probably more detrimental than beneficial.

Vig, decide for yourself what you want to do with your second bullet. Cross reference what you take out of the BKEXE mislynch with the Mattchew lynch and a lurker list.


Well on the bright side, I got two strong town reads out of it.

Anywho, it's almost 2am. Gnite for real this time.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 147 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings52
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 172
PiLiPiLi 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3544
ViBE136
Bale 29
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
Counter-Strike
taco 585
Other Games
summit1g7057
JimRising 590
WinterStarcraft471
C9.Mang0281
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1033
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP115
• davetesta29
• practicex 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1120
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 15m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 15m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.