• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:48
CEST 18:48
KST 01:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9546 users

TL Mafia LVII - Page 73

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 147 Next
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 09 2012 03:54 GMT
#1441
On September 09 2012 12:43 Maverick32x wrote:
Well- with BKE's flip, I think we need to look at people who weren't involved in any discussion and voted anyways, or people who are lurking.... Lurking seems to be really popular in this game?

I'm thinking that we need to start putting pressure on the lurkers to try to stir something up there. I will start to look through some filters to get a better idea of who these people would be, but I figure that may be a good start.

Why not look at the people who led the charge on the BKE lynch?
Что?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 03:59 GMT
#1442
On September 09 2012 12:53 Shady Sands wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 12:49 Hapahauli wrote:
And as far as I'm concerned Shady, you've posted jack-shit in terms of your reads.

Put-up or shut-up.

Right, because nearly starting a counter-wagon to the BKE mislynch on grush57 does not qualify as a read. And in case you're wondering, right you and him are my top scumreads.



You made a case on GRush - if you think that's an actual read, you either haven't seen GRush play or you're smoking something that I want real bad right now.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 09 2012 04:15 GMT
#1443
On September 09 2012 12:59 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 12:53 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:49 Hapahauli wrote:
And as far as I'm concerned Shady, you've posted jack-shit in terms of your reads.

Put-up or shut-up.

Right, because nearly starting a counter-wagon to the BKE mislynch on grush57 does not qualify as a read. And in case you're wondering, right you and him are my top scumreads.



You made a case on GRush - if you think that's an actual read, you either haven't seen GRush play or you're smoking something that I want real bad right now.

Cases and reads are equivalent. If you think they're different, then, you, sir, are the drug addict.
Что?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 04:17 GMT
#1444
On September 09 2012 13:15 Shady Sands wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 12:59 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:53 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:49 Hapahauli wrote:
And as far as I'm concerned Shady, you've posted jack-shit in terms of your reads.

Put-up or shut-up.

Right, because nearly starting a counter-wagon to the BKE mislynch on grush57 does not qualify as a read. And in case you're wondering, right you and him are my top scumreads.



You made a case on GRush - if you think that's an actual read, you either haven't seen GRush play or you're smoking something that I want real bad right now.

Cases and reads are equivalent. If you think they're different, then, you, sir, are the drug addict.


So you made a read on Grush. You started a counter-wagon against someone who is traditionally the easiest mislynch in the game - someone who is going to behave just like that regardless of alignment. Yay for reads that matter!

Still waiting for an answer to this btw:

On September 09 2012 12:52 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 12:14 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:50 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:47 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:42 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:17 Hapahauli wrote:
I retract my vigi-shot call on Rewok. He mentions the "lynch for blood" stuff earlier in his filter, and I'm willing to chalk it up to bad town. His giant wall-o-text posts giving everyone null-reads actually reads town to me - seems like a genuine attempt to contribute, despite being useless.

However, I do think we should look into vigi-shotting ShiaoPi. Shiao is hardcore lurking in comparison to his other games as VT. Absolutely no content in Shaio's filter, and there are a couple of posts that fingerpoint like mad:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=361826&currentpage=47#929

Shaio originally wasn't posting because of "internet concerns." I believed Shiao at the time, but now it's becoming a habit.

Why are you calling for a vig shot on Shiao for lurking and no call for a vig shot on me for lurking? I'm fingerpointing too.


Do you think you're a better vig shot than Shaio? Do tell.

I asked you first, Hapa. Please answer


Yeah Hapa. Stop answering questions with questions. You have been extremely selective with your scum reads this game. I would also like to know why shaio over shady. Also how could you see Ottox as not scummy and BKE with a plausible watcher claim guaranteed scum. I am going to take a close look at your filter and XXI. Something is off about you.

I agree. [b]Hapa's usually a pretty good scumhunter. His posts on Ottox in particular are just strange; almost inviting a vigi hit on Ottox but backing away enough to give himself plausible deniability. Town Hapa ([b]in Newbie Mini XXIII) didn't play like this.


Oh haha I missed this - weren't you ranting for pages about me cheating in that game and getting lucky? Sounds like someone twisting meta to their own advantage.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 04:18 GMT
#1445
On September 09 2012 12:22 Hapahauli wrote:
And goddamnit, if you want the answer to why I'm calling a shot on ShiaoPi - META. He has barely a page of filter, which is completely inconsistent with any of his other town games. I even said that in my post too - not only are you lurking, but you don't fucking read.


Why are you upset that we wanted you to provide a reason for you Vig shot? and Shady is right. his meta is also WAY WAY off from all his other games. and yet you single out Shiao.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Maverick32x
Profile Joined April 2011
United States311 Posts
September 09 2012 04:18 GMT
#1446
On September 09 2012 12:54 Shady Sands wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 12:43 Maverick32x wrote:
Well- with BKE's flip, I think we need to look at people who weren't involved in any discussion and voted anyways, or people who are lurking.... Lurking seems to be really popular in this game?

I'm thinking that we need to start putting pressure on the lurkers to try to stir something up there. I will start to look through some filters to get a better idea of who these people would be, but I figure that may be a good start.

Why not look at the people who led the charge on the BKE lynch?


Because I don't think mafia would put themselves out there THAT much for someone who was town. Especially considering the amount of lurkers that exist.
Check out 'Gamer Therapy'!! 10CST: twitch.tv/Maverick32x
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 04:21 GMT
#1447
On September 09 2012 13:18 Maverick32x wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 12:54 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:43 Maverick32x wrote:
Well- with BKE's flip, I think we need to look at people who weren't involved in any discussion and voted anyways, or people who are lurking.... Lurking seems to be really popular in this game?

I'm thinking that we need to start putting pressure on the lurkers to try to stir something up there. I will start to look through some filters to get a better idea of who these people would be, but I figure that may be a good start.

Why not look at the people who led the charge on the BKE lynch?


Because I don't think mafia would put themselves out there THAT much for someone who was town. Especially considering the amount of lurkers that exist.


Don't think that way. It is bad.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 04:21 GMT
#1448
On September 09 2012 13:18 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 12:22 Hapahauli wrote:
And goddamnit, if you want the answer to why I'm calling a shot on ShiaoPi - META. He has barely a page of filter, which is completely inconsistent with any of his other town games. I even said that in my post too - not only are you lurking, but you don't fucking read.


Why are you upset that we wanted you to provide a reason for you Vig shot? and Shady is right. his meta is also WAY WAY off from all his other games. and yet you single out Shiao.


I'm pissed because you didn't read my initial reasoning. Reading rainboowwwwww.

Well then, am I wrong about suspecting Shiao? Secondly, if you feel that Shady is equally scummy, and deserves my suspicion/whatever, why aren't you questioning him? Really strange person to buddy in the thread.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 09 2012 04:22 GMT
#1449
On September 09 2012 13:17 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 13:15 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:59 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:53 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:49 Hapahauli wrote:
And as far as I'm concerned Shady, you've posted jack-shit in terms of your reads.

Put-up or shut-up.

Right, because nearly starting a counter-wagon to the BKE mislynch on grush57 does not qualify as a read. And in case you're wondering, right you and him are my top scumreads.



You made a case on GRush - if you think that's an actual read, you either haven't seen GRush play or you're smoking something that I want real bad right now.

Cases and reads are equivalent. If you think they're different, then, you, sir, are the drug addict.


So you made a read on Grush. You started a counter-wagon against someone who is traditionally the easiest mislynch in the game - someone who is going to behave just like that regardless of alignment. Yay for reads that matter!

Still waiting for an answer to this btw:

Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 12:52 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:14 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:50 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:47 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:42 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:17 Hapahauli wrote:
I retract my vigi-shot call on Rewok. He mentions the "lynch for blood" stuff earlier in his filter, and I'm willing to chalk it up to bad town. His giant wall-o-text posts giving everyone null-reads actually reads town to me - seems like a genuine attempt to contribute, despite being useless.

However, I do think we should look into vigi-shotting ShiaoPi. Shiao is hardcore lurking in comparison to his other games as VT. Absolutely no content in Shaio's filter, and there are a couple of posts that fingerpoint like mad:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=361826&currentpage=47#929

Shaio originally wasn't posting because of "internet concerns." I believed Shiao at the time, but now it's becoming a habit.

Why are you calling for a vig shot on Shiao for lurking and no call for a vig shot on me for lurking? I'm fingerpointing too.


Do you think you're a better vig shot than Shaio? Do tell.

I asked you first, Hapa. Please answer


Yeah Hapa. Stop answering questions with questions. You have been extremely selective with your scum reads this game. I would also like to know why shaio over shady. Also how could you see Ottox as not scummy and BKE with a plausible watcher claim guaranteed scum. I am going to take a close look at your filter and XXI. Something is off about you.

I agree. [b]Hapa's usually a pretty good scumhunter. His posts on Ottox in particular are just strange; almost inviting a vigi hit on Ottox but backing away enough to give himself plausible deniability. Town Hapa ([b]in Newbie Mini XXIII) didn't play like this.


Oh haha I missed this - weren't you ranting for pages about me cheating in that game and getting lucky? Sounds like someone twisting meta to their own advantage.

What does grush's prior meta have to do with the fact that he's behaving anti-town? If a player traditionally trolls all the time like YH or Chez, do we just give them a free pass?
Что?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 04:27 GMT
#1450
On September 09 2012 13:22 Shady Sands wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 13:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 13:15 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:59 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:53 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:49 Hapahauli wrote:
And as far as I'm concerned Shady, you've posted jack-shit in terms of your reads.

Put-up or shut-up.

Right, because nearly starting a counter-wagon to the BKE mislynch on grush57 does not qualify as a read. And in case you're wondering, right you and him are my top scumreads.



You made a case on GRush - if you think that's an actual read, you either haven't seen GRush play or you're smoking something that I want real bad right now.

Cases and reads are equivalent. If you think they're different, then, you, sir, are the drug addict.


So you made a read on Grush. You started a counter-wagon against someone who is traditionally the easiest mislynch in the game - someone who is going to behave just like that regardless of alignment. Yay for reads that matter!

Still waiting for an answer to this btw:

On September 09 2012 12:52 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:14 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:50 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:47 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:42 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:17 Hapahauli wrote:
I retract my vigi-shot call on Rewok. He mentions the "lynch for blood" stuff earlier in his filter, and I'm willing to chalk it up to bad town. His giant wall-o-text posts giving everyone null-reads actually reads town to me - seems like a genuine attempt to contribute, despite being useless.

However, I do think we should look into vigi-shotting ShiaoPi. Shiao is hardcore lurking in comparison to his other games as VT. Absolutely no content in Shaio's filter, and there are a couple of posts that fingerpoint like mad:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=361826&currentpage=47#929

Shaio originally wasn't posting because of "internet concerns." I believed Shiao at the time, but now it's becoming a habit.

Why are you calling for a vig shot on Shiao for lurking and no call for a vig shot on me for lurking? I'm fingerpointing too.


Do you think you're a better vig shot than Shaio? Do tell.

I asked you first, Hapa. Please answer


Yeah Hapa. Stop answering questions with questions. You have been extremely selective with your scum reads this game. I would also like to know why shaio over shady. Also how could you see Ottox as not scummy and BKE with a plausible watcher claim guaranteed scum. I am going to take a close look at your filter and XXI. Something is off about you.

I agree. [b]Hapa's usually a pretty good scumhunter. His posts on Ottox in particular are just strange; almost inviting a vigi hit on Ottox but backing away enough to give himself plausible deniability. Town Hapa (in Newbie Mini XXIII) didn't play like this.


Oh haha I missed this - weren't you ranting for pages about me cheating in that game and getting lucky? Sounds like someone twisting meta to their own advantage.

What does grush's prior meta have to do with the fact that he's behaving anti-town? If a player traditionally trolls all the time like YH or Chez, do we just give them a free pass?


1) you're championing a worthless read - he [b]always is anti-town regardless of alignment.
2) you can call it a "free pass" or whatever, but as it stands, there's no indication if he's town or scum. I like my chances building a case on a player that's actually readable at this point in the game - better than a 75/25 town/scum chance on Grush (or however the town/scum numbers are in this game).
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 09 2012 04:28 GMT
#1451
Anyhow, here's why I think Hapa needs to get whacked:

D1, he soft-defends Mattchew until Sloosh gives him an easy out... then immediately tries to divert to Miltonkram.
Hard pushes Ottox, then goes back and soft-defends him once the entire town is on the wagon.
But when a lynch is on the line, pushes on BKE wagon regardless of what other people say. Why? He says BKE is scum because BKE went from a hard push on Ottox to a soft defense of Ottox. Pot. Kettle. Black. This + scumwagon on BKE was enough to get town to vote him.

Finally, Hapa is usually an excellent town player. I have no idea why scum is letting him live this long, nor why he hasn't contributed better original reads than the ones he has.

##Vote Hapahauli
Что?
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 09 2012 04:29 GMT
#1452
On September 09 2012 13:27 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 13:22 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 13:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 13:15 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:59 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:53 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:49 Hapahauli wrote:
And as far as I'm concerned Shady, you've posted jack-shit in terms of your reads.

Put-up or shut-up.

Right, because nearly starting a counter-wagon to the BKE mislynch on grush57 does not qualify as a read. And in case you're wondering, right you and him are my top scumreads.



You made a case on GRush - if you think that's an actual read, you either haven't seen GRush play or you're smoking something that I want real bad right now.

Cases and reads are equivalent. If you think they're different, then, you, sir, are the drug addict.


So you made a read on Grush. You started a counter-wagon against someone who is traditionally the easiest mislynch in the game - someone who is going to behave just like that regardless of alignment. Yay for reads that matter!

Still waiting for an answer to this btw:

On September 09 2012 12:52 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:14 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:50 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:47 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:42 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:17 Hapahauli wrote:
I retract my vigi-shot call on Rewok. He mentions the "lynch for blood" stuff earlier in his filter, and I'm willing to chalk it up to bad town. His giant wall-o-text posts giving everyone null-reads actually reads town to me - seems like a genuine attempt to contribute, despite being useless.

However, I do think we should look into vigi-shotting ShiaoPi. Shiao is hardcore lurking in comparison to his other games as VT. Absolutely no content in Shaio's filter, and there are a couple of posts that fingerpoint like mad:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=361826&currentpage=47#929

Shaio originally wasn't posting because of "internet concerns." I believed Shiao at the time, but now it's becoming a habit.

Why are you calling for a vig shot on Shiao for lurking and no call for a vig shot on me for lurking? I'm fingerpointing too.


Do you think you're a better vig shot than Shaio? Do tell.

I asked you first, Hapa. Please answer


Yeah Hapa. Stop answering questions with questions. You have been extremely selective with your scum reads this game. I would also like to know why shaio over shady. Also how could you see Ottox as not scummy and BKE with a plausible watcher claim guaranteed scum. I am going to take a close look at your filter and XXI. Something is off about you.

I agree. [b]Hapa's usually a pretty good scumhunter. His posts on Ottox in particular are just strange; almost inviting a vigi hit on Ottox but backing away enough to give himself plausible deniability. Town Hapa (in Newbie Mini XXIII) didn't play like this.


Oh haha I missed this - weren't you ranting for pages about me cheating in that game and getting lucky? Sounds like someone twisting meta to their own advantage.

What does grush's prior meta have to do with the fact that he's behaving anti-town? If a player traditionally trolls all the time like YH or Chez, do we just give them a free pass?


1) you're championing a worthless read - he [b]always is anti-town regardless of alignment.
2) you can call it a "free pass" or whatever, but as it stands, there's no indication if he's town or scum. I like my chances building a case on a player that's actually readable at this point in the game - better than a 75/25 town/scum chance on Grush (or however the town/scum numbers are in this game).

If he's always anti-town, shouldn't he be a more valid target for a vigi hit than a lurker?
Что?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 04:30 GMT
#1453
On September 09 2012 13:29 Shady Sands wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 13:27 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 13:22 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 13:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 13:15 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:59 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:53 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:49 Hapahauli wrote:
And as far as I'm concerned Shady, you've posted jack-shit in terms of your reads.

Put-up or shut-up.

Right, because nearly starting a counter-wagon to the BKE mislynch on grush57 does not qualify as a read. And in case you're wondering, right you and him are my top scumreads.



You made a case on GRush - if you think that's an actual read, you either haven't seen GRush play or you're smoking something that I want real bad right now.

Cases and reads are equivalent. If you think they're different, then, you, sir, are the drug addict.


So you made a read on Grush. You started a counter-wagon against someone who is traditionally the easiest mislynch in the game - someone who is going to behave just like that regardless of alignment. Yay for reads that matter!

Still waiting for an answer to this btw:

On September 09 2012 12:52 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:14 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:50 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:47 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:42 Shady Sands wrote:
[quote]
Why are you calling for a vig shot on Shiao for lurking and no call for a vig shot on me for lurking? I'm fingerpointing too.


Do you think you're a better vig shot than Shaio? Do tell.

I asked you first, Hapa. Please answer


Yeah Hapa. Stop answering questions with questions. You have been extremely selective with your scum reads this game. I would also like to know why shaio over shady. Also how could you see Ottox as not scummy and BKE with a plausible watcher claim guaranteed scum. I am going to take a close look at your filter and XXI. Something is off about you.

I agree. [b]Hapa's usually a pretty good scumhunter. His posts on Ottox in particular are just strange; almost inviting a vigi hit on Ottox but backing away enough to give himself plausible deniability. Town Hapa (in Newbie Mini XXIII) didn't play like this.


Oh haha I missed this - weren't you ranting for pages about me cheating in that game and getting lucky? Sounds like someone twisting meta to their own advantage.

What does grush's prior meta have to do with the fact that he's behaving anti-town? If a player traditionally trolls all the time like YH or Chez, do we just give them a free pass?


1) you're championing a worthless read - he [b]always is anti-town regardless of alignment.
2) you can call it a "free pass" or whatever, but as it stands, there's no indication if he's town or scum. I like my chances building a case on a player that's actually readable at this point in the game - better than a 75/25 town/scum chance on Grush (or however the town/scum numbers are in this game).

If he's always anti-town, shouldn't he be a more valid target for a vigi hit than a lurker?


So you want to vigi hit a bad player rather than scum?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 09 2012 04:30 GMT
#1454
On September 09 2012 13:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 13:29 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 13:27 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 13:22 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 13:17 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 13:15 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:59 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:53 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:49 Hapahauli wrote:
And as far as I'm concerned Shady, you've posted jack-shit in terms of your reads.

Put-up or shut-up.

Right, because nearly starting a counter-wagon to the BKE mislynch on grush57 does not qualify as a read. And in case you're wondering, right you and him are my top scumreads.



You made a case on GRush - if you think that's an actual read, you either haven't seen GRush play or you're smoking something that I want real bad right now.

Cases and reads are equivalent. If you think they're different, then, you, sir, are the drug addict.


So you made a read on Grush. You started a counter-wagon against someone who is traditionally the easiest mislynch in the game - someone who is going to behave just like that regardless of alignment. Yay for reads that matter!

Still waiting for an answer to this btw:

On September 09 2012 12:52 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:14 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:50 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:47 Hapahauli wrote:
[quote]

Do you think you're a better vig shot than Shaio? Do tell.

I asked you first, Hapa. Please answer


Yeah Hapa. Stop answering questions with questions. You have been extremely selective with your scum reads this game. I would also like to know why shaio over shady. Also how could you see Ottox as not scummy and BKE with a plausible watcher claim guaranteed scum. I am going to take a close look at your filter and XXI. Something is off about you.

I agree. [b]Hapa's usually a pretty good scumhunter. His posts on Ottox in particular are just strange; almost inviting a vigi hit on Ottox but backing away enough to give himself plausible deniability. Town Hapa (in Newbie Mini XXIII) didn't play like this.


Oh haha I missed this - weren't you ranting for pages about me cheating in that game and getting lucky? Sounds like someone twisting meta to their own advantage.

What does grush's prior meta have to do with the fact that he's behaving anti-town? If a player traditionally trolls all the time like YH or Chez, do we just give them a free pass?


1) you're championing a worthless read - he [b]always is anti-town regardless of alignment.
2) you can call it a "free pass" or whatever, but as it stands, there's no indication if he's town or scum. I like my chances building a case on a player that's actually readable at this point in the game - better than a 75/25 town/scum chance on Grush (or however the town/scum numbers are in this game).

If he's always anti-town, shouldn't he be a more valid target for a vigi hit than a lurker?


So you want to vigi hit a bad player rather than scum?

So you want to vigi hit a lurker playing off his meta rather than scum?
Что?
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 04:31 GMT
#1455
On September 09 2012 13:17 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 13:15 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:59 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:53 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:49 Hapahauli wrote:
And as far as I'm concerned Shady, you've posted jack-shit in terms of your reads.

Put-up or shut-up.

Right, because nearly starting a counter-wagon to the BKE mislynch on grush57 does not qualify as a read. And in case you're wondering, right you and him are my top scumreads.



You made a case on GRush - if you think that's an actual read, you either haven't seen GRush play or you're smoking something that I want real bad right now.

Cases and reads are equivalent. If you think they're different, then, you, sir, are the drug addict.


So you made a read on Grush. You started a counter-wagon against someone who is traditionally the easiest mislynch in the game - someone who is going to behave just like that regardless of alignment. Yay for reads that matter!

Still waiting for an answer to this btw:

Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 12:52 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:14 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:50 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:47 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:42 Shady Sands wrote:
On September 09 2012 11:17 Hapahauli wrote:
I retract my vigi-shot call on Rewok. He mentions the "lynch for blood" stuff earlier in his filter, and I'm willing to chalk it up to bad town. His giant wall-o-text posts giving everyone null-reads actually reads town to me - seems like a genuine attempt to contribute, despite being useless.

However, I do think we should look into vigi-shotting ShiaoPi. Shiao is hardcore lurking in comparison to his other games as VT. Absolutely no content in Shaio's filter, and there are a couple of posts that fingerpoint like mad:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=361826&currentpage=47#929

Shaio originally wasn't posting because of "internet concerns." I believed Shiao at the time, but now it's becoming a habit.

Why are you calling for a vig shot on Shiao for lurking and no call for a vig shot on me for lurking? I'm fingerpointing too.


Do you think you're a better vig shot than Shaio? Do tell.

I asked you first, Hapa. Please answer


Yeah Hapa. Stop answering questions with questions. You have been extremely selective with your scum reads this game. I would also like to know why shaio over shady. Also how could you see Ottox as not scummy and BKE with a plausible watcher claim guaranteed scum. I am going to take a close look at your filter and XXI. Something is off about you.

I agree. Hapa's usually a pretty good scumhunter. His posts on Ottox in particular are just strange; almost inviting a vigi hit on Ottox but backing away enough to give himself plausible deniability. Town Hapa (in Newbie Mini XXIII) didn't play like this.


Oh haha I missed this - weren't you ranting for pages about me cheating in that game and getting lucky? Sounds like someone twisting meta to their own advantage.


So you felt that Ottox was town despite the fact he was scummy as shit. And you think Grush is town Despite looking scummy as shit. But you were 100% positive on BKE and tunnelled him all of day 2 without changing your read or your case because he 'flip-flopped' on Matt. DESPITE HIS CLAIM and with several of us making counter arguments?

Based on Flip flopping on Matt.


On September 04 2012 17:08 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 04 2012 16:21 Z-BosoN wrote:
All right, regarding the BC/Mattchew situation:

First of all, this post is wrong:

You are right, his fakeclaim doesn't prove he is mafia on its own. However, HIM ASKING FOR CLAIMS DOES. Why would a townie fakeclaim and attempt to get all blues to claim ? No townie day 1 should ever be this fuckign stupid. Even if he gets caught as mafia (as I have caught him) had anyone or if anyone proceeds to claim and a bunch of retard blues out themselves mafia is instantly ahead.


IIRC, he asked for people with the same role - noisy neighbor - to claim, not blues.

BC is making this main assumption:

No miller/neighbor is self aware in any game ever except odd pyp/ptp like setups as it defeats the purpose of the role. This game holds true to the same rule as normal games for the mechanic.


To put it simply, this is the main argument going on: how can he know he is a noisy neighbor if they are unaware?. Am I correct?

You have made it clear that you are 100% sure that this game does not include self-aware millers.
As a normal person, one could not make this assumption, as it would be statistical. Say 90% of games don't include self-aware millers. I have read the OP, and nowhere does it say that millers aren't self-aware, so you must have other reasons to know this, because no matter what, you say it is not an assumption.

The fact that you keep insisting would be ridiculous if you weren't indeed 100% certain, because, like sloosh said, you would most likely be lynched if he showed up town, making it a double town loss.

Did I get anything wrong here?

If not, ##Vote Mattchew






So you rail against all the reasoning behind the mattchew vote, say that there is zero evidence that he is lying and that it is based purely on conjecture, and then vote for him without adding anything to the case against him? Then you vote for him, completely contradicting the fact that you clearly state it is based on an assumption? o_0


I posted this on day one. You ignored it. Z - boson was similarly guilty. If you thought BKE was scum based on his interactions around Matt then you should have found Z - Boson suspicious also. And yet you don't mention him at all UNTIL Austin brings him up.


[B]On September 09 2012 05:38 Hapahauli wrote:
[b]@ austinmcc

Okay admittedly I'm a bit biased because of my meta-read, and I sat down to take a look at your case again.

The one thing I want some answers from Z-Boson is his ##Vote post:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=361826&currentpage=21#413

I just don't understand what he's saying here. It's as if he criticizes the reasoning for voting Mattchew, then turns around and votes Mattchew.


You repeat what I posted day one and what Austin had been saying. It is suspicious as hell and yet you continue to tunnel BKE. And state that Z - Boson is town.

You are being very selective on who you believe is scum/town and it is based on no shared thought processes from what I can see.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 09 2012 04:32 GMT
#1456
Basically, a lurker playing off his meta is a little less pressing a concern than someone who actively goes around and shits up the thread while making themselves unreadable. Why? Scum will never kill them, so they'll end up surviving. As the game draws closer and closer to MYLO/LYLO that player becomes more and more damaging to town. I made that mistake with Chez in Normal Mini III and I'm not making it again here.
Что?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 04:35 GMT
#1457
On September 09 2012 13:28 Shady Sands wrote:
Anyhow, here's why I think Hapa needs to get whacked:

D1, he soft-defends Mattchew until Sloosh gives him an easy out... then immediately tries to divert to Miltonkram.
Hard pushes Ottox, then goes back and soft-defends him once the entire town is on the wagon.
But when a lynch is on the line, pushes on BKE wagon regardless of what other people say. Why? He says BKE is scum because BKE went from a hard push on Ottox to a soft defense of Ottox. Pot. Kettle. Black. This + scumwagon on BKE was enough to get town to vote him.

Finally, Hapa is usually an excellent town player. I have no idea why scum is letting him live this long, nor why he hasn't contributed better original reads than the ones he has.

##Vote Hapahauli


You ain't reading Shady. You never have, and you never will.

I'm not going to defend the stuff on Mattchew/Ottox whatever - if you read my filter, I give the reasoning for every single one of those.

The bolded is proof that you don't read the thread. I created the case on BKE, I pushed for his case based on much more than his vote for Ottox (Mattchew "fail-bus").

Thirdly, you think scum would shoot me over two of the best players on TL? (DrH + BC) Lol.

Like if you're town, you're doing your damndest to look as scummy as possible.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 09 2012 04:36 GMT
#1458
On September 09 2012 13:21 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 13:18 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 09 2012 12:22 Hapahauli wrote:
And goddamnit, if you want the answer to why I'm calling a shot on ShiaoPi - META. He has barely a page of filter, which is completely inconsistent with any of his other town games. I even said that in my post too - not only are you lurking, but you don't fucking read.


Why are you upset that we wanted you to provide a reason for you Vig shot? and Shady is right. his meta is also WAY WAY off from all his other games. and yet you single out Shiao.


I'm pissed because you didn't read my initial reasoning. Reading rainboowwwwww.

Well then, am I wrong about suspecting Shiao? Secondly, if you feel that Shady is equally scummy, and deserves my suspicion/whatever, why aren't you questioning him? Really strange person to buddy in the thread.


I find it weird that you are so damn selective with who you deem to be town or scum. I am not buddying shady or saying the vig should not shoot Shiao.

Stop answering questions with questions. You pushed the mislynch. You are pushing for a vig shot on a particular lurker despite multiple lurkers with no explanation. You are acting all scummy and super defensive whilst refusing to answer questions. You are required to have a reason for these pushes and I am required to question you on them. That is how this game works.

Right now I feel that you are more scummy than both shady and Shiao. So I am questioning you. Stop trying to deflect without explaining yourself.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 04:36 GMT
#1459
On September 09 2012 13:32 Shady Sands wrote:
Basically, a lurker playing off his meta is a little less pressing a concern than someone who actively goes around and shits up the thread while making themselves unreadable. Why? Scum will never kill them, so they'll end up surviving. As the game draws closer and closer to MYLO/LYLO that player becomes more and more damaging to town. I made that mistake with Chez in Normal Mini III and I'm not making it again here.


So stop being a pussy about it and call the shot.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
September 09 2012 04:40 GMT
#1460
On September 09 2012 13:36 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 13:32 Shady Sands wrote:
Basically, a lurker playing off his meta is a little less pressing a concern than someone who actively goes around and shits up the thread while making themselves unreadable. Why? Scum will never kill them, so they'll end up surviving. As the game draws closer and closer to MYLO/LYLO that player becomes more and more damaging to town. I made that mistake with Chez in Normal Mini III and I'm not making it again here.


So stop being a pussy about it and call the shot.

No, I'm calling for the shot on you and calling for the lynch on grush. I know I can get grush lynched, given how anti-town he's playing. You're a tougher nut to crack, especially with scumbuddies and misguided townies to soft-defend you.
Что?
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 147 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
Liquid`TLO 118
BRAT_OK 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22871
Leta 1145
Horang2 261
firebathero 173
Trap 152
Zeus 94
Hyun 73
soO 59
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 36
[ Show more ]
Rock 29
Aegong 25
scan(afreeca) 17
Bishop 13
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Dendi1239
420jenkins413
qojqva255
Counter-Strike
fl0m4740
Other Games
Beastyqt641
mouzStarbuck380
byalli247
KnowMe222
Hui .177
FrodaN103
Livibee80
QueenE74
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 58
• 3DClanTV 37
• Adnapsc2 17
• Response 13
• Hinosc 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach81
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 9
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1712
Other Games
• Shiphtur588
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 12m
Patches Events
22h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.