*marvellosity and VisceraEyes are helping me design, balance and co-host this game. Any questions can be directed towards them or myself.
TL Mafia LVII
+ Show Spoiler [Important Posts] +
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.
The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
6. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
7. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
8. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
9. Betting items outside of the game in exchange for in-game benefits.
10. Sharing accounts with other players unless cleared by the host in advance. Otherwise, only you may post on your account.
11. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
Cheating is not tolerated here. The punishment will be severe.
I tried to mark all things that are specific to my game in bold blue
This is mod font. It is reserved for moderators. Please do not use it.
All questions should be PMd to the moderator. You are not allowed to say in thread you’re going to ask the moderator something, and you are not allowed to share your answer with the thread. If the question is a clarification all town needs to know, I will simply post an announcement in the thread.
Do not ask questions in the thread once the game has started (you can do it during sign-ups).
There are no activity requirements.
Smurfs and Hydras are not allowed this game.
Strategical spam within reason is fine. Don’t be an idiot with it.
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing can result in a modkill on first offense. Quite simple. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything.
If you want to post something insulting or inappropriate and know the TL mods would have a problem with it elsewhere, don't post it here. If you do, a host will warn you or modkill you and request that you be banned from future games. The hosts have the final say on what is inappropriate. If you do not like how someone is talking to you, please PM a host, Flamewheel, or GMarshal before involving the TL staff. If you are unsatisfied with how the situation is resolved, then you can appeal to the TL staff normally.
The report button is a nice feature for regular TL, but not for this forum. We prefer to deal with things in house if possible to avoid confusion among the TL staff. If you have a problem with how someone is posting, talk to the host, co-host, Flamewheel, or Mig before using your report button. Please do not use your report button for anything other than inappropriate posts which you feel are not being dealt with adequately.
Please wait until this game is over to talk about modkills and bans resulting from this game.
Play to win.
This means you play your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.
This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason without a ban. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM your host if you need to leave the game.
Threatening to ask to be replaced or even simply announcing it is a modkillable offense. Just PM the mod
You have been warned.
1. Voting is done (in a separate thread, located *here*). Please keep votes there. You can “vote” in this thread, but it will not be counted. Do not PM me your vote.
2. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote Qatol. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
3. No conditional voting.
4. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
5. In the event of a tie the person with the most votes first wins (or loses).
6. Voting is mandatory. You may (NOT) abstain.
This game is open to anyone.
This game follows the TL Mafia Ban List. If you are modkilled, your punishment will go beyond being eliminated from this game. Please refer to it for questions about your punishment. If you want to use this game to sit out your ban, please PM Flamewheel or post in the Ban List.
This game does not use replacements. Please sign up only if you intend to actually play the game through. In extraordinary situations (things can always come up). PM me as soon as you know you have to bail, and I will see if I can make an exception
There are no clues.
PMs are not allowed in this game.
This game will follow a 24 hour night/48 hour day cycle. In case I am not able to post around deadline, any votes after the 48 hour mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up. Currently the deadline is 22:00 GMT (+00:00), but that is subject to change. Votes will be accepted up to and including the posted time, but not after. Actions should always come in one hour before dawn
Thanks to anyone who has ever hosted a game. This list grows ever longer.
Thanks to everyone who helped balance this game.
Special thanks to VE and marv for their help.
If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance! Make sure you also read the Game specific rules on the next page!