• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:56
CEST 08:56
KST 15:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6231 users

TL Mafia XLVII - Page 96

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 266 Next
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
November 27 2011 11:14 GMT
#1901
also what that has to do with the task at hand is beyond me
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 27 2011 11:16 GMT
#1902
On November 27 2011 20:11 syllogism wrote:
Yes, but that is irrelevant


LOL
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
November 27 2011 11:16 GMT
#1903
On November 27 2011 20:11 syllogism wrote:
Yes, but that is irrelevant


That's the answer I needed. To myself I am confirmed town, and we agree it's optimal to wait until day 3 assuming a confirmed town in the mayor seat.

Unless I hear very compelling arguments as for why I should double lynch today, I am very much open to reason. If I was presented with two very convincing cases for scum, I'd change my mind.

You see, I don't actually care if you threaten to lynch me day 2 because I do not comply with what you want. I want to play optimally, and I think day 3 double lynch and onwards is optimal play for town. If BC is town and I somehow get lynched tomorrow it doesn't matter much, as he can easily activate the double lynches.
Computer says mafia
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 27 2011 11:17 GMT
#1904
Palmar you still have avoided commenting on my list of 10 players.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 27 2011 11:17 GMT
#1905
On November 27 2011 20:16 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 20:11 syllogism wrote:
Yes, but that is irrelevant


LOL

I know you are quite thick, but there is no way for him to be "modconfirmed town" by day 2
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 27 2011 11:18 GMT
#1906
On November 27 2011 20:16 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 20:11 syllogism wrote:
Yes, but that is irrelevant


That's the answer I needed. To myself I am confirmed town, and we agree it's optimal to wait until day 3 assuming a confirmed town in the mayor seat.

Unless I hear very compelling arguments as for why I should double lynch today, I am very much open to reason. If I was presented with two very convincing cases for scum, I'd change my mind.

You see, I don't actually care if you threaten to lynch me day 2 because I do not comply with what you want. I want to play optimally, and I think day 3 double lynch and onwards is optimal play for town. If BC is town and I somehow get lynched tomorrow it doesn't matter much, as he can easily activate the double lynches.

Do you think the slight information gains outweigh the time wasted when town spends all day arguing about whether you are scum or not for refusing to comply?
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 27 2011 11:18 GMT
#1907
As you said yourself, his actual alignment is completely irrelevant to the question.

It's optimal for town to single lynch day 2. That's pretty much a given.
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
November 27 2011 11:19 GMT
#1908
On November 27 2011 20:10 syllogism wrote:
Uh, if you are scum and town decides you are scum, you will just stop double lynching and there is nothing we can do about it but hope BC isn't scum as well.

If we lynch Palmar for not using double lynches, a mafia BC will be left with two options: using double lynch immediately or being lynched for doing the same thing Palmar got lynched for. It's not a good situation for town but at least the mafia team would have the give up something.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
November 27 2011 11:20 GMT
#1909
On November 27 2011 20:12 annul wrote:
i wouldnt support it if you were confirmed town, but i wouldnt push your day 2 lynch. id probably just mentally note never to play with you


You haven't proven anything.

You presented math by Kitaman that completely ignored lurker banes, hatters, vigs, the mayor triple vote, and the possibility of using a double lynch later.

Then without ever presenting a case yourself, you suggest we'll have no hard time lynching 2 scum tomorrow based on clues only.

Prove it.

I have no problem with using the double lynch today.
Computer says mafia
Tyrran
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
France777 Posts
November 27 2011 11:20 GMT
#1910
On November 27 2011 20:11 annul wrote:
WE WILL HAVE EIGHT CLUES TOMORROW.

why are you going to give the mafia team a better chance at winning?

with a double lynch up tomorrow we have a direct chance to save one more player on night 2 by taking out two reds with double lynch. they go to 14 =7 kp and not 15 = 8 kp

this 1 player could spell the difference in the end, since the math is already very tight for us as it is


The math does not take blues into account, so it is already irrelevant.
Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 27 2011 11:20 GMT
#1911
syllo, since you call me thick, and I assume you think you aren't, we will have plenty more information on day 3 to make an informed double lynch than on day 2.

For one, there will be multiple more dead people. Based on statistics alone it is far more useful to use a double lynch on day 3 than day 2.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
November 27 2011 11:20 GMT
#1912
On November 27 2011 20:17 wherebugsgo wrote:
Palmar you still have avoided commenting on my list of 10 players.


I haven't had the time, sorry. I will do in a few hours.
Computer says mafia
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 27 2011 11:21 GMT
#1913
also I find it really ironic that you oppose killing 10 people through vig shots "so early in the game" by day 3 under my plan, but you support double lynching on day 2.

lol.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 27 2011 11:22 GMT
#1914
WBG have you been reading? I know it's optimal for town to delay double lynches if we are guaranteed to get to use them all, but as we don't know that, it's safer to not delay
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
November 27 2011 11:22 GMT
#1915
On November 27 2011 20:16 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 20:11 syllogism wrote:
Yes, but that is irrelevant


That's the answer I needed. To myself I am confirmed town, and we agree it's optimal to wait until day 3 assuming a confirmed town in the mayor seat.

Unless I hear very compelling arguments as for why I should double lynch today, I am very much open to reason. If I was presented with two very convincing cases for scum, I'd change my mind.

You see, I don't actually care if you threaten to lynch me day 2 because I do not comply with what you want. I want to play optimally, and I think day 3 double lynch and onwards is optimal play for town. If BC is town and I somehow get lynched tomorrow it doesn't matter much, as he can easily activate the double lynches.



i love how you have systematically ignored me for the last page and a half, responding only to syllogism.

i have made compelling arguments. you ignore them. but you're red, so i guess it makes sense. hence, you go on day 2. period.

also, you are NOT confirmed town. you asked syllo about MOD confirmed township.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 27 2011 11:23 GMT
#1916
you're pushing this retarded argument because you believe Palmar is mafia.

If you believe Palmar is mafia, then make a case on him and lynch him tomorrow. Otherwise, stop spouting nonsense.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
November 27 2011 11:23 GMT
#1917
On November 27 2011 20:16 Palmar wrote:
very compelling arguments


On November 27 2011 20:11 annul wrote:
WE WILL HAVE EIGHT CLUES TOMORROW.


Palmar, I think it's better to use a doublelynch tomorrow. We have to work together and if we do so, I guess we can catch scum tomorrow. You have to admit, that the situation is a little bit scary for us, if you don't do what we say.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 27 2011 11:24 GMT
#1918
Thankfully I don't have to discuss this with you as palmar is much smarter and doesn't care the slightest about what you think about this, so I'll just go back to ignoring you wbg
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 27 2011 11:24 GMT
#1919
Oh look, syllo's fear mongering is working.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
November 27 2011 11:25 GMT
#1920
okay.

no blues can kill tonight, right? no night 1 vigs, etc. this means that unless we double lynch tomorrow and are successful, it is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT THE CASE that, unless one of the modkills is a red, we will have mafia at 8 KP tonight AND mafia at 8 KP tomorrow.

however, if we double lynch and win, mafia only has 7 KP tomorrow night.

since the presumption is we will use all double lynches eventually, there is absolutely no coherent reason why we should not try to save 1 more townie using the town's logical redhunting skills (and not rely solely on the blue guys). we will have eight clues. reds gonna die.

argue against this logic SPECIFICALLY, now, palmar. why do you want 16 dead instead of 15?
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 266 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyun 64
NotJumperer 56
sorry 56
Bale 35
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto205
League of Legends
JimRising 555
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
summit1g7972
Coldzera 728
WinterStarcraft414
ceh9383
C9.Mang0301
NeuroSwarm106
Sick96
ViBE23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick608
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2283
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo884
• Stunt390
• Jankos291
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 4m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 4m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 4m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.