• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:46
CEST 05:46
KST 12:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10140 users

TL Mafia XLVII - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 266 Next
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 17 2011 02:24 GMT
#121
There's a fifth party in this game called Chezinu House.
Pigsquirrel
Profile Joined August 2009
United States615 Posts
November 17 2011 02:41 GMT
#122
/in
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
November 17 2011 02:49 GMT
#123
On November 17 2011 11:24 wherebugsgo wrote:
There's a fifth party in this game called Chezinu House.


A party?

"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
November 17 2011 02:56 GMT
#124
On November 17 2011 11:24 wherebugsgo wrote:
There's a fifth party in this game called Chezinu House.


Never has there been more chaos resulting from a flip that I have seen.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
November 17 2011 03:03 GMT
#125
I think this was my favorite flip :p

On July 07 2011 04:48 youngminii wrote:
eh might as well join in

i am borenard montgomery of the boeritish empire
i had 2 anti nukes total


On July 09 2011 13:13 OriginalName wrote:
Chaos13 has died

You are Borenard "Monty" Montsnoozery of the Boreritish Empire. Once per game, you can launch an infantry assault on a player during the day, killing him. You win when all the Axis members have been destroyed or have surrendered.

I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
November 17 2011 03:09 GMT
#126
yea that was so funny
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 04:39:07
November 17 2011 04:29 GMT
#127
On November 17 2011 11:56 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 11:24 wherebugsgo wrote:
There's a fifth party in this game called Chezinu House.


Never has there been more chaos resulting from a flip that I have seen.


I'll take that as a compliment. I don't think any flip has been that amusing to spectators, and such a nightmare for those who were still playing.

Wait wait. I have an original idea. Since this is a game that was publicly advertised, there will be a lot of new players. So I'll write several lengthy guides to help the new people!

Then the most vocal player in the game can tunnel me until I call him scum, and get in a fist fight resulting in GMarshal getting elected as scum pardoner, and my enemy getting elected as veteran mayor.

Oh wait. I think I know how that one ends.

In other news, for anyone who is confused on who to lynch day one, Kitaman27 is always a solid day one lynch.

On November 16 2011 03:43 kitaman27 wrote:
Can the Mayor lynch the Sheriff day one?


Obviously has a pro-mafia agenda.

On November 17 2011 05:09 DropBear wrote:
ATTENTION NEWBIES THINKING OF RUNNING FOR MAYOR

I will vote for you if you lynch kitaman. He's obviously mafia


I'm not the only one who has caught onto this.

The choice is obvious.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
November 17 2011 05:38 GMT
#128
/in

Let's do this. (I hope I don't take things too seriously...)
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 17 2011 05:41 GMT
#129
On November 17 2011 13:29 Kavdragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 11:56 GreYMisT wrote:
On November 17 2011 11:24 wherebugsgo wrote:
There's a fifth party in this game called Chezinu House.


Never has there been more chaos resulting from a flip that I have seen.


I'll take that as a compliment. I don't think any flip has been that amusing to spectators, and such a nightmare for those who were still playing.

Wait wait. I have an original idea. Since this is a game that was publicly advertised, there will be a lot of new players. So I'll write several lengthy guides to help the new people!

Then the most vocal player in the game can tunnel me until I call him scum, and get in a fist fight resulting in GMarshal getting elected as scum pardoner, and my enemy getting elected as veteran mayor.

Oh wait. I think I know how that one ends.

In other news, for anyone who is confused on who to lynch day one, Kitaman27 is always a solid day one lynch.

Show nested quote +
On November 16 2011 03:43 kitaman27 wrote:
Can the Mayor lynch the Sheriff day one?


Obviously has a pro-mafia agenda.

Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 05:09 DropBear wrote:
ATTENTION NEWBIES THINKING OF RUNNING FOR MAYOR

I will vote for you if you lynch kitaman. He's obviously mafia


I'm not the only one who has caught onto this.

The choice is obvious.


you spelled /in wrong
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
November 17 2011 05:57 GMT
#130
On November 15 2011 21:43 GMarshal wrote:
Veteran
Welcome to TL Mafia XLVII! You are a veteran! Your military experience gives you a second night life. It takes two successful hits on the same or two different nights to take you down. You will be informed if you lose your night life. Lynches still kill you as normal. You win when all threats to the town are dead, and at least one town aligned player is left. Being roleblocked suppresses your additional life for the night you are roleblocked.

...

Mafia Roleblocker
Welcome to TL Mafia XLVII! You are a mafia roleblocker! Every night, you may choose a player whose active night action you will prevent. Players will be informed that they were roleblocked regardless of whether or not an ability was actually prevented. Passive abilities, such as the veteran's extra night life and the bodyguard's protection are not affected. You win when you outnumber the town or nothing can stop that from occurring

Which is it? Do roleblocks nullify veteran protection or not?

Also, when you say bodyguards are drawn randomly from vanilla town and mafia goons, does each player in this pool have an equally likely chance of being selected?
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
November 17 2011 09:39 GMT
#131
Does this game start after the steamship one finishes?
Cwave
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands313 Posts
November 17 2011 09:44 GMT
#132
/in

Looking forward to it!
I've learned so much from my mistakes. I'm thinking of making a few more.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
November 17 2011 10:29 GMT
#133
/in
Hier
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
2391 Posts
November 17 2011 10:35 GMT
#134
/in
Let's do this.
"But on a more serious note..." -everyone on this forum at some point.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 17 2011 11:30 GMT
#135
/in
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 17 2011 12:33 GMT
#136
On November 17 2011 14:57 Zona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2011 21:43 GMarshal wrote:
Veteran
Welcome to TL Mafia XLVII! You are a veteran! Your military experience gives you a second night life. It takes two successful hits on the same or two different nights to take you down. You will be informed if you lose your night life. Lynches still kill you as normal. You win when all threats to the town are dead, and at least one town aligned player is left. Being roleblocked suppresses your additional life for the night you are roleblocked.

...

Mafia Roleblocker
Welcome to TL Mafia XLVII! You are a mafia roleblocker! Every night, you may choose a player whose active night action you will prevent. Players will be informed that they were roleblocked regardless of whether or not an ability was actually prevented. Passive abilities, such as the veteran's extra night life and the bodyguard's protection are not affected. You win when you outnumber the town or nothing can stop that from occurring

Which is it? Do roleblocks nullify veteran protection or not?

Also, when you say bodyguards are drawn randomly from vanilla town and mafia goons, does each player in this pool have an equally likely chance of being selected?


My bad on the vet. Veteran lives *are* suppressed by roleblocks, correcting the roleblocker description to reflect that.

When I say randomly I mean I'm going to put all the vanilla players in a list and use rng to see who is a bodyguard, so yes, each player has an equal chance of being selected as a bodyguard.
Moderator
dmans
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden358 Posts
November 17 2011 12:38 GMT
#137
/in


time to play some mafia guys
Tyrran
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
France777 Posts
November 17 2011 12:49 GMT
#138
Mafia is fun :D

/in
Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
Hier
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
2391 Posts
November 17 2011 13:12 GMT
#139
I don't really understand what the deal is with lurker banes and lurkers.
"But on a more serious note..." -everyone on this forum at some point.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 13:23:31
November 17 2011 13:23 GMT
#140
On November 17 2011 22:12 Hier wrote:
I don't really understand what the deal is with lurker banes and lurkers.

A lurker is a player who is playing a game of mafia, but not being active or contributory, that is, a player who comes in, posts one or two one liners in a day, and then does nothing else. While lurking is a viable survival strategy, it also makes the game less fun for those who are active and makes analysis a lot more difficult. Lurker Banes are your motivation to be active and post, as scum or town.
Moderator
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 266 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings52
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 172
PiLiPiLi 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3544
ViBE136
Bale 29
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
Counter-Strike
taco 585
Other Games
summit1g7057
JimRising 590
WinterStarcraft471
C9.Mang0281
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1033
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP115
• davetesta29
• practicex 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1120
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 15m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 15m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.