• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:25
CEST 09:25
KST 16:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9653 users

TL Mafia XLVII - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 266 Next
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
November 17 2011 13:29 GMT
#141
excited
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Hier
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
2391 Posts
November 17 2011 13:30 GMT
#142
On November 17 2011 22:23 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 22:12 Hier wrote:
I don't really understand what the deal is with lurker banes and lurkers.

A lurker is a player who is playing a game of mafia, but not being active or contributory, that is, a player who comes in, posts one or two one liners in a day, and then does nothing else. While lurking is a viable survival strategy, it also makes the game less fun for those who are active and makes analysis a lot more difficult. Lurker Banes are your motivation to be active and post, as scum or town.

But what are we meant to be posting exactly? Besides the daytime votes, which take place in a yet-to-be-created thread.
"But on a more serious note..." -everyone on this forum at some point.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
November 17 2011 13:38 GMT
#143
On November 17 2011 13:29 Kavdragon wrote:
In other news, for anyone who is confused on who to lynch day one, Kitaman27 is always a solid day one lynch.


How original.

On November 17 2011 05:09 DropBear wrote:
ATTENTION NEWBIES THINKING OF RUNNING FOR MAYOR

I will vote for you if you lynch kitaman. He's obviously mafia


Mr. Host, these guys are being mean to me
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 17 2011 13:39 GMT
#144
On November 17 2011 22:30 Hier wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 22:23 GMarshal wrote:
On November 17 2011 22:12 Hier wrote:
I don't really understand what the deal is with lurker banes and lurkers.

A lurker is a player who is playing a game of mafia, but not being active or contributory, that is, a player who comes in, posts one or two one liners in a day, and then does nothing else. While lurking is a viable survival strategy, it also makes the game less fun for those who are active and makes analysis a lot more difficult. Lurker Banes are your motivation to be active and post, as scum or town.

But what are we meant to be posting exactly? Besides the daytime votes, which take place in a yet-to-be-created thread.

as the game hasn't yet started, nothing! Once the game starts, anything and everything from your reads on players, to who you think the best candidate for mayor is, or who you think the mayor should lynch, to what policies you think town should be using, or how you think the sheriff might best use his powers. There's plenty to talk about. If you are completely lost check out Ver's guide as well as look over the day one of any old games. That should give you a decent idea of how the game is going to go and of what to talk about day 1.
Moderator
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
November 17 2011 13:42 GMT
#145
Day 1 - 70 players
Night 1 - 55 mod kills.
Day 2 - Another GMan mini game!!!!!!!
Yay!!!!!!
Life can only kill you once.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
November 17 2011 13:55 GMT
#146
ah fuck. I got to
/out

something came in between :-(
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
November 17 2011 14:14 GMT
#147
Do I want to do this to myself? Do I really want to do this?

Ugh, I'm not going to get anything done anymore. /In
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
November 17 2011 14:37 GMT
#148
Wow this looks awesome. Can I /in? I've got a ban but I said I'd sit out Steamship for it.
lalala
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
November 17 2011 14:38 GMT
#149
HOLY SHIT. 62 people? I hope at least 2/3 participate. and I call

/in
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 17 2011 14:41 GMT
#150
On November 17 2011 23:37 youngminii wrote:
Wow this looks awesome. Can I /in? I've got a ban but I said I'd sit out Steamship for it.

This is supposed to start after steamship is over, so I'll put you on the list, if it looks like we are going to be starting before steamship is over we'll address it then.

If you want to be sure you can play however I suggest you take advantage of the optional work that foolishness/fw are offering to get of off the banlist, as the library work isn't that intensive and it guarantees you will be able to play ^_^
Moderator
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
November 17 2011 14:43 GMT
#151
I AM NOT A SCUM. kitaman27 is.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
November 17 2011 14:54 GMT
#152
On November 17 2011 23:43 Ciryandor wrote:
I AM NOT A SCUM. kitaman27 is.



Well you convinced me, he's got my vote.
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 17 2011 14:57 GMT
#153
@GM I thought we were starting this as soon as it filled up? Don't you think inactivity is going to be an issue with such an early thread for a game that's prob going to take at least 2 weeks to start (if we wait for steamship)?
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 17 2011 15:00 GMT
#154
On November 17 2011 23:57 sandroba wrote:
@GM I thought we were starting this as soon as it filled up? Don't you think inactivity is going to be an issue with such an early thread for a game that's prob going to take at least 2 weeks to start (if we wait for steamship)?

its under internal discussion right now. At the rate signups are going we may have to start before steamship ends, but several players are playing in this *and* steamship, so I don't want to put them in a position in which they have to prioritize one game over the other.
Moderator
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
November 17 2011 15:04 GMT
#155
Sure, why not

/in!
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
November 17 2011 15:06 GMT
#156
the sooner the better gm
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
November 17 2011 15:06 GMT
#157
On November 17 2011 23:54 IMABUNNEH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 23:43 Ciryandor wrote:
I AM NOT A SCUM. kitaman27 is.



Well you convinced me, he's got my vote.

These guys make a lot of sense. I'll be voting for one of them
Sucker for nostalgia
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
November 17 2011 15:11 GMT
#158
I'll /in if this starts after steamship.
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
November 17 2011 15:32 GMT
#159
/in

Always wanted to try this.
The frumious Bandersnatch
Erandorr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
2283 Posts
November 17 2011 15:37 GMT
#160
lol maybe half of the players are completely new at Mafia and there will be 80 players. Why did I think this was a good idea again? GM help me out here !
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 266 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1382
BeSt 287
Soulkey 127
Soma 111
sorry 106
Mind 71
Bale 25
ZergMaN 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
League of Legends
JimRising 640
Counter-Strike
edward35
Other Games
summit1g9173
Coldzera 694
WinterStarcraft676
C9.Mang0276
Sick178
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick719
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2237
Other Games
• Shiphtur625
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 35m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 35m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 35m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.