Team Melee Mini Mafia
*All questions are to be directed toward me.
+ Show Spoiler [Important Posts] +
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking.
This mafia game works slightly different than the normal one (read: Mafia), so I'll explain it a bit more. During the night mafia will collectively decide on and send in their hits to me, who they want dead (it's a good idea to discuss them during day so you know ahead of time). Any player with a special role that can act during the night must PM me their actions each and every night.
If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win the game. The goal for the townspeople is to lynch all the members of the mafia by whatever analysis, teamwork, or guile they have. The goal of the mafia, of course, is to kill the townspeople with murderous precision.
The game is typically very active and there are usually numerous walls of text to wade through. If you are not a person who likes reading then I highly suggest you don't play the game because it is essential to being informed within the game. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Rules: (subject to change)
In the past, many players have complained or quit because of the excessive badmouthing and pointless flaming. If you are posting aggressively and know you couldn't get away with it anywhere else on this site, it
Cheating includes (but is not limited to) the following and will get you banned from future games:
1. Posting after death. One polite goodbye post is acceptable but please do not post anything which could POSSIBLY affect the game.
2. Betraying your role and ruining the game for everyone by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account / checking their PMs / looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox. This is not a photoshop competition.
6. Posting any PM you receive from a host.
7. Editing posts. Editing posts is not allowed for any reason. The mods can see your edits, and if you are caught, you will look suspicious. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be owned.
8. There are to be NO private messages this game for most roles. Roles that may PM will be told to them.
9. Private messaging, including IMs / IRC, is allowed between team members, and between Mafia.
1. Voting is done in a separate thread, located here. Please keep votes there, and only votes. The third post of this thread will contain the vote count.
2. Please vote in the following format, to make it easier for everyone to read: ##Vote Qatol. While the bolding in itself is not necessarily needed, it makes it easier on everybody's eyes. Please bold. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update votes whenever I get the chance.
3. You cannot autochange your vote to the losing or winning bandwagon.
4. You may vote for yourself if you're crazy. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
5. In the event of a tie the person with the most votes first is lynched over the other person.
6. Voting is mandatory. You may NOT abstain.
7. If you miss a vote or fail to post during one day cycle, you will be modkilled. Please PM me
Inactivity has been a problem in every mafia game so far. Inactivity is most easily defined as failure to vote. If you do miss a vote, you will be modkilled. Special consideration will be exercised if a player in danger of being modkilled by this manner has been an active contributor in the thread. If something comes up and you know you will miss the vote, PM me in advance about it to let me know and you will be spared. Remember again: abstaining votes are NOT allowed. And once again, flaming is not tolerated. Keep it civil, or else you will receive a quick lightning bolt to the back of the head. Furthermore, you must post at least once in this thread per game cycle (from the start of the night to the end of the next day) to avoid being modkilled. Simply voting doesn't work. This is to prevent lurkers.
Anyone who is modkilled may not play in one of my games until they have proven themselves to be active players in another game.
You have been warned.
+ Show Spoiler +
Something burning-hot and life-ending this way comes.
You can sign up either in pairs or individually, but there needs to be at least 18 people for the game to start. If more people want to play, they may request to be added to a pre-existing team. Once we reach 18 players, there will be 24 hours before sign-ups close.
If you sign up as a pair, both of you need to sign up and acknowledge your partner in the thread by posting: Sign up [Your Name] and [Partner Name]
If you sign up individually, you will be placed into a team. Players after 18 will be put into an already existing team of two.
I don't mind you playing other games at the same time. It's not my fault if you're not active though.
There are no clues.
This game will follow a strict 24 hour night/48 hour day cycle. In case I am not around at the deadline, any votes after the 48 hour mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up. The time deadline is 02:00 GMT (+00:00).
The list gets too long. Feel free to contribute to it in the future!
Relevant to this game:
1. You may PM your teammates, mafia can all PM each other.
2. Each team is given a role
3. Each person has one vote, the weight of your vote is 1/n where n is the number of people on your team. (Ex. If there are 3 people on your team, your vote counts as 1/3 of a vote.)
4. Each team has one night action (Mafia only has 1KP, and Medics/Detectives only have 1 protect/check per night)
6. Only members who have not posted and voted will be sent to the ban list. Roles are revealed only upon the death of all members of a team.