• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:00
CEST 11:00
KST 18:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9229 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 126

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 180 Next
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
February 04 2012 03:16 GMT
#2501
In regards to meapak. As someone who was talking to him somewhat frequently before his TL ban he not only was modkilled in igroks game because of it, however he has not been on any chat clients at all while I have been around my comp.

He much like most of us is fairly active online. If he in this much time has not been able to get to a computer to even log onto say aim? or that his comp wasn't auto logging etc... chances are whatever he opted to leave TL for is a rather pertinent issue and most likely a rather large life issue.

Factor in that he has done far more overall than most people for the mafia forum I am willing to give leniency. If he comes back and has a legit reason for why he requested a tl ban (I'm near 100% sure that there is) then no ban. Anyone who requests TL bans usually has some major life shit they need to get done and realize TL is a massive timesink/distraction.

Anyone heavy pushing for justice against him at this point should be fine with waiting til he comes back to make a decision.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
February 04 2012 04:35 GMT
#2502
Perhaps "warned for activity" did not convey the full scope of the situation:
The stated rule is: "You most post in the thread at least once every 24 hours."
--- RebirthOfLeGenD ---
1 day, 7:25:00 between game start at 2012-01-04 15:00:00 and post at 2012-01-05 22:25:00
1 day, 8:24:00 between posts at 2012-01-06 15:34:00 and 2012-01-07 23:58:00
1 day, 15:36:00 between posts at 2012-01-09 09:48:00 and 2012-01-11 01:24:00
1 day, 0:42:00 between posts at 2012-01-11 16:52:00 and 2012-01-12 17:34:00

As for why I did not replace or modkill after all of this, I am always hesitant to modkill players for inactivity because it greatly skews the outcome of the game, and I had only 2 replacement players available, one (iGrok) which I had already contacted earlier and had replied that he was busy, and the other (Adam4167) was actually a participant in the first truncated observer thread, and thus was also someone who I would ideally, out of fairness, not substitute in the game.

As for the rest of your statement, I do indeed treat rulebreaking with and without malice differently. Those who maliciously break rules never play in my games again. As for your attitude that my rules are arbitrary and silly, those rules are in place in order to conduct a particular style of competitive game, and were posted a full week before the game began, and never edited. If you really did not believe the rules are worth following, at the very least I would have expected you to mention it before the game began, or exercised your right as a player to not participate at all. I would have simply avoided the game in your contrived hypothetical example.

If one adopts the attitude that breaking rules without malice does not matter, why bother having any rules at all? As long as a player "doesn't mean it", anything becomes permissible.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
February 04 2012 05:04 GMT
#2503
FW, there's like 7 or 8 votes for atleast marking him as banned til he shows up and we can discuss it....I think 5 or 6 otherwise....as in no ban/when he gets back...I personally don't care, I support a ban til he can explain, and that's all. I don't care if its done in private as long as iGrok is involved in the decision if it is.

anyway, I'm done with the meapak thing.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Erandorr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
2283 Posts
February 05 2012 04:18 GMT
#2504
Sitting out BCs Game.

Also moar Mafia drama please
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 05 2012 23:59 GMT
#2505
redFF just got temped

Why red, why?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
February 06 2012 00:24 GMT
#2506
On February 06 2012 08:59 Probulous wrote:
redFF just got temped

Why red, why?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=95875&currentpage=809#16168
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 06 2012 00:35 GMT
#2507
It's suprising how often that happens. People getting banned in the banned list I hope GM can cope without Red for is Mini.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
February 06 2012 01:19 GMT
#2508
Damnit.
Moderator
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 16:11:03
February 06 2012 16:09 GMT
#2509
On February 04 2012 13:35 Zona wrote:
Perhaps "warned for activity" did not convey the full scope of the situation:
The stated rule is: "You most post in the thread at least once every 24 hours."
--- RebirthOfLeGenD ---
1 day, 7:25:00 between game start at 2012-01-04 15:00:00 and post at 2012-01-05 22:25:00
1 day, 8:24:00 between posts at 2012-01-06 15:34:00 and 2012-01-07 23:58:00
1 day, 15:36:00 between posts at 2012-01-09 09:48:00 and 2012-01-11 01:24:00
1 day, 0:42:00 between posts at 2012-01-11 16:52:00 and 2012-01-12 17:34:00

As for why I did not replace or modkill after all of this, I am always hesitant to modkill players for inactivity because it greatly skews the outcome of the game, and I had only 2 replacement players available, one (iGrok) which I had already contacted earlier and had replied that he was busy, and the other (Adam4167) was actually a participant in the first truncated observer thread, and thus was also someone who I would ideally, out of fairness, not substitute in the game.

As for the rest of your statement, I do indeed treat rulebreaking with and without malice differently. Those who maliciously break rules never play in my games again. As for your attitude that my rules are arbitrary and silly, those rules are in place in order to conduct a particular style of competitive game, and were posted a full week before the game began, and never edited. If you really did not believe the rules are worth following, at the very least I would have expected you to mention it before the game began, or exercised your right as a player to not participate at all. I would have simply avoided the game in your contrived hypothetical example.

If one adopts the attitude that breaking rules without malice does not matter, why bother having any rules at all? As long as a player "doesn't mean it", anything becomes permissible.

I didn't say that. If a player breaks a rule and there is no real harm, and no malice then why should their be a punishment? If I broke a rule I didn't know existed and it had a bad result then sure, I would deserve a punishment. But there was no bad effect, nor was there any malice.

And to follow that up, I don't see how me hopping in the thread every 24 hours and just going "k brb" makes much more of a difference than me not posting? With your guideline I could do that, but I straight up didn't have time to post lengthy stuff every singled day and in an already cluttered thread you want me spamming it needlessly? At some points I can't post because I work, sleep, and have other stuff I have to do. I can't help that. When it came down to it though, I didn't skate by in the minimum and I was by any fair definition an active player.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 09 2012 06:27 GMT
#2510
I am extremely sorry for my actions. It was a poor decision that was not made very rationally. I should have PM'd iGrok. I will take whatever ban he wants.

I don't know how much I will visit TL for a while, please just listen to iGrok and I'll sit out my games when stuff is over and I get the chance.

Once again, I'm really sorry.

-Meapak
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 04:37:00
February 14 2012 04:36 GMT
#2511
Requesting a warning for redFF.

I don't like requesting this, because I know he's just upset at the way the game ended. However, I pm'd him asking him not to post in the thread for 48 hours, to cool off. I asked him to pm any comments he had to me instead. He then posted "posting in thread". I then warned him publicly in thread, which he responded by quoting himself from earlier.

I understand that he's unhappy with the result, but after two warnings, to continue to post (particularly with "posting in thread") shows blatant disrespect which, even if he never wants to play in one of my games again, is completely over the line.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303792&currentpage=77#1521
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 04:53:37
February 14 2012 04:51 GMT
#2512
I didn't break any rules regarding the banlist. Feel free to bar me from your games but I did nothing worthy of being put on the banlist.

Put a lot of effort into that game actually tbh
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 04:55 GMT
#2513
Requesting a warning for Igrok.

Wasted players time with 4 days of pointless play when result was already decided. Then warned a player with legitimate complaints.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 05:09:26
February 14 2012 05:09 GMT
#2514
I know you put a lot of time and effort into this game, and you were one of the few people who actually played decently. But when you disobey a direct warning from a host, you can be, and people have been before, warned for that.

The result was not already decided. I discussed the situation with several people to decide on the most fair way to proceed. Because of no scum communication, as long as either side could win, it wasn't fair to call it early. This is a flaw in an otherwise great setup, to the point that, even in the Obs QT, people had no idea what was going on. With all the terrible town and scum play that happened this game, calling it earlier for either side wouldn't be fair.

While I plan on encouraging discussion, ALLCAPS posts, rage, and excessive profanity are not conducive to the game.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 05:10 GMT
#2515
meh w/e im not getting warned for this

with a flaw like that i disagree that it was a great setup
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 14 2012 05:41 GMT
#2516
A warning for redFF seems appropriate to me. It doesn't make sense for a host to be unable to control his thread. The host's word is law. If the host tells you to stop posting for a while, you stop posting. It's common sense. And it's pretty obvious that redFF was acting out just to disrespect the host (which we have permabanned people (Showtime!) for in the past). A warning seems completely reasonable.
Uff Da
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 14 2012 07:43 GMT
#2517
Red, I read it the thread and I can understand where you are coming from, I really do and in my opinion you were conducting yourself kind of on the boarder until this.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303792&currentpage=76#1505
You were insulting the set up, and rightly so. It sucks to waste your time in an unwinnable situation due to host error like that, and while I can't confirm that you played another 5 days necessarily (From what I gather, I think they had to let it play out to a certain point to make it 100% that it was just a fastest finger ending) you can complain about that, but I would even give him leeway considered its a weird themed set up.

But don't directly insult a host, that's bad. You want to argue his points and say why you think hes wrong, that is fine. There is no need to verbally attack greymist though. It was really really minor though if that means anything. I'd say in the future Redff just approach things way more calmly, less caps posting and more rationality go a much longer way in this subforum when compared with caps lock and baseless insults.

I'd probably say if he attacks a host/player verbally again its probably worth a ban, but an official warning might be a bit much. Up to hosts though. I'd say give it a couple of days both of you cool off and try to come back less emotional.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
February 14 2012 08:22 GMT
#2518
I don't know if I have the credibility to be discussing this, feel free to let me know if I'm out of my place and I'll step out, but here's my 2c.

During the actual game, it makes sense that the host's word is law, but in post-game discussion, is it true that the host can dole out warnings and bans? During the game, redFF wasn't actively insulting people or hurting the game, though he had a difficult role to pull off that he invested a lot of time into. He didn't criticize Greymist/iGrok's setup until postgame, which is the time for such discussion... even though he was being belligerent, it was not excessively so.

There are probably a lot of implicit rules in the ban list that are known to people who've been around, but because these things are not explicitly listed out, it's sort of nebulous. If it is standard that host's word is always law, or that direct insults result in warnings, that's fine, but as is redFF didn't do anything crazy, though the rage was quite fiery. Besides, IMO, dictating that someone can't post in a thread is a bit highhanded, unless the thread is spiraling out of control.

Up to the hosts/ban list mods, of course.

aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 14 2012 08:23 GMT
#2519
Opinions are always welcome Echelon, and thank you. I couldn't agree more.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 10:51:44
February 14 2012 09:28 GMT
#2520
Even post-game hosts are entitled to a modicum of respect due to the simple fact that without hosts we will have no games and hosting isn't generally a particularly rewarding task while requiring a lot of time and effort. If players are allowed to treat hosts as they please, we will have fewer and possibly less capable hosts. Moreover, keeping things civil is a worthy goal by itself. Criticizing the setup is fine as long as it is done in a reasonable manner.
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 568
910 476
Hyuk 281
Soma 85
Dewaltoss 76
Light 69
Killer 64
Yoon 52
Shinee 43
Mind 37
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 37
Bale 25
ZergMaN 25
yabsab 20
sorry 17
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe225
League of Legends
JimRising 437
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1193
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1992
Khaldor512
Other Games
gofns4111
singsing1187
ceh9631
XBOCT326
Mew2King150
ArmadaUGS44
DeMusliM18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick656
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream296
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• LUISG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2290
League of Legends
• Jankos1238
• Stunt575
Other Games
• WagamamaTV109
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h
Stellar Fest
4h
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.