• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:52
CEST 09:52
KST 16:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9289 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 125

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 180 Next
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
February 02 2012 05:49 GMT
#2481
I'm with iGrok in relation to meapak. If meapak wants the ban gone he should appeal. Clearly some shit was going down to ask to be banned from TL, but he requested it. Sure mafia wasn't his top priority, but he was in a sane enough mind to be asked to be banned? Why ask to be banned anyway...And he is a big part of the TL Mafia community, he should of had enough of a thought to message someone here. Also, he could of posted in here and said something before going.

Points to be taken, iGrok is right, Meapak went inactive in his game, ban or no ban inactivity would still warrant a ban via our mafia ban list. He should also have some right to defend himself and appeal his ban, and that should be taken up with iGrok when he gets back. Next, if iGrok doesn't like it, THEN allow him to appeal. But we should have him banned until iGrok decides on Meapak's fate. No one should be appealing for him as of yet.

I guess I'll have the dissenting opinion on this.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 15:38:17
February 02 2012 15:37 GMT
#2482
On February 02 2012 03:03 iGrok wrote:
I have not followed Purgatory, but posting after death and editing are against the rules every game (though gg posts are allowed - Role can you link to it please?)

The main posts are these.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=298603&currentpage=63#1256
My edit.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=298603&currentpage=64#1274
I posted a picture. Something I rarely do, and somehow did in a game where it was disallowed.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=298603&currentpage=90#1792
my goodbye post.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 17:33:25
February 02 2012 17:32 GMT
#2483
On February 03 2012 00:37 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2012 03:03 iGrok wrote:
I have not followed Purgatory, but posting after death and editing are against the rules every game (though gg posts are allowed - Role can you link to it please?)

The main posts are these.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=298603&currentpage=63#1256
My edit.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=298603&currentpage=64#1274
I posted a picture. Something I rarely do, and somehow did in a game where it was disallowed.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=298603&currentpage=90#1792
my goodbye post.

Honestly RoL, I thought he was doing that as a joke....

edit: Banning you that is.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 02 2012 17:45 GMT
#2484
Yeah, IMO a warning would suffice. But then again, apparently my opinion doesn't mean shit
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 02 2012 18:13 GMT
#2485
On February 03 2012 02:45 iGrok wrote:
Yeah, IMO a warning would suffice. But then again, apparently my opinion doesn't mean shit

According to the OP, you, as a host do matter. But a hosts opinion if irrational needs to have some sort of balancing power so your say isn't final if its really controversial.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 02 2012 18:14 GMT
#2486
On February 03 2012 02:32 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 00:37 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On February 02 2012 03:03 iGrok wrote:
I have not followed Purgatory, but posting after death and editing are against the rules every game (though gg posts are allowed - Role can you link to it please?)

The main posts are these.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=298603&currentpage=63#1256
My edit.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=298603&currentpage=64#1274
I posted a picture. Something I rarely do, and somehow did in a game where it was disallowed.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=298603&currentpage=90#1792
my goodbye post.

Honestly RoL, I thought he was doing that as a joke....

edit: Banning you that is.

Well, I understand where he is coming from. I just fundamentally disagree on punishing for the sake of punishment.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 02 2012 19:31 GMT
#2487
On February 03 2012 03:13 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 02:45 iGrok wrote:
Yeah, IMO a warning would suffice. But then again, apparently my opinion doesn't mean shit

According to the OP, you, as a host do matter. But a hosts opinion if irrational needs to have some sort of balancing power so your say isn't final if its really controversial.

Is calling for 2 games instead of 1 when Meapak was demonstrably on TL and could have informed the host an irrational opinion?

More so should be that an inactivity ban is not applied until the player is present again
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 02 2012 20:47 GMT
#2488
Well 2 games I wouldn't think is that bad considering the options. But at first you were requesting a maximum ban which is like 5 games, which for a non behavior offense is a bit extreme.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 02 2012 21:09 GMT
#2489
On February 03 2012 05:47 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Well 2 games I wouldn't think is that bad considering the options. But at first you were requesting a maximum ban which is like 5 games, which for a non behavior offense is a bit extreme.

And after I thought about it for a while, I realized that my gut instinct was wrong, and changed my request to 2 games.

However, Meapak is listed under super secret probation. Why?
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
February 02 2012 21:24 GMT
#2490
I actually think the Meapak situation should be resolved sooner than later, while the event is still fresh. If we wait, then it's likely people will be a lot more lenient due to the time that has passed, and there's the potential iGrok won't be around when he was the host originally asking for an extended ban.

I think if anything, we should decide on the length of the ban in Meapak's absence, and then when he returns, give him the opportunity to appeal it if he was facing extraordinary circumstances that wouldn't allow him to notify the host that he was withdrawing from the game. As well, we don't even know if he'll come back or not after his ban is over, or if he'll end up asking for it to be reduced. So, it seems better to have some initial ban length set, and then we can return to this later if we have to. Meapak even can't sit out any games until he gets back to TL, and in that case, he can make the decision to just take the punishment, or try to get it changed. So, having a ban number doesn't change much until he gets back, and avoids complications that not setting one could introduce.

I say treat him like any other player who simply disappeared during a game and we don't know where they are.
you gotta dance
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 22:39:21
February 02 2012 22:38 GMT
#2491
Well, I'd say a two game is pretty fair if he signed up to play a game, then just randomly requested a TL ban for no apparent reason without informing the host, and iGrok, all my posts relating to it were when you were requesting a 5 game ban or something.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
dreamflower
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States312 Posts
February 03 2012 04:58 GMT
#2492
Newbie Mini Mafia III has ended, and the only modkill was TheFearedBeing, who signed up to play but never made a post after the game began. He should get the usual one-game ban, though I have my doubts that he's coming back anytime soon.
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." -Oscar Wilde
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 05:05:57
February 03 2012 05:05 GMT
#2493
On February 03 2012 13:58 dreamflower wrote:
Newbie Mini Mafia III has ended, and the only modkill was TheFearedBeing, who signed up to play but never made a post after the game began. He should get the usual one-game ban, though I have my doubts that he's coming back anytime soon.

He should go on Super-Secret Probation. Inactivity kill, right?
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
rgTheSchworz
Profile Joined November 2010
Romania425 Posts
February 03 2012 08:28 GMT
#2494
On January 25 2012 00:29 rgTheSchworz wrote:
I'll sit out sleeper cell 2 or newbie 3 if that's possible.


Why did you put Hammer or Mini on the list?
Newbie 3 is finished.
WhoIsTylerDurden
Profile Joined May 2011
United States17 Posts
February 03 2012 09:59 GMT
#2495
your all terribad, Mafia is weak sauce
With enough soap; we could blow up anything.
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
February 03 2012 10:02 GMT
#2496
On February 03 2012 18:59 WhoIsTylerDurden wrote:
your all terribad, Mafia is weak sauce


wat?

+ Show Spoiler +

GM we need work here :S
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 03 2012 18:42 GMT
#2497
On February 03 2012 14:05 iGrok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 13:58 dreamflower wrote:
Newbie Mini Mafia III has ended, and the only modkill was TheFearedBeing, who signed up to play but never made a post after the game began. He should get the usual one-game ban, though I have my doubts that he's coming back anytime soon.

He should go on Super-Secret Probation. Inactivity kill, right?

Calm down iGrok and stop sniping. We get it you are annoyed that no one backed your 5 game ban and then you move it to two and no one has gotten around to fixing it. I think most can agree two game ban is fair, give it to him and let's all come back to it if meapak wishes to appeal a 1 game instead of 2.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
chaos13
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada885 Posts
February 03 2012 19:51 GMT
#2498
Sitting out Normal Mini Mafia http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306452&currentpage=4#66
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 03 2012 20:55 GMT
#2499
On February 03 2012 17:28 rgTheSchworz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2012 00:29 rgTheSchworz wrote:
I'll sit out sleeper cell 2 or newbie 3 if that's possible.


Why did you put Hammer or Mini on the list?
Newbie 3 is finished.

Too many mini games at once!

On February 03 2012 06:09 iGrok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 05:47 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Well 2 games I wouldn't think is that bad considering the options. But at first you were requesting a maximum ban which is like 5 games, which for a non behavior offense is a bit extreme.

And after I thought about it for a while, I realized that my gut instinct was wrong, and changed my request to 2 games.

However, Meapak is listed under super secret probation. Why?

I haven't given my opinion up to this point but I'm honestly somewhat offended that Meapak did this. It takes all of thirty seconds to post "real life problems, have to go sorry" in a thread or as a PM to somebody. Though if it were a unilateral decision for me to make, I would only give him the regular ban. Unless we're playing favorites, there really is no difference between him going inactive and some first-timer going inactive. Justice is blind.

Though more people said to deal with it after Meapak comes back, so that's where he is right now.

On February 03 2012 13:58 dreamflower wrote:
Newbie Mini Mafia III has ended, and the only modkill was TheFearedBeing, who signed up to play but never made a post after the game began. He should get the usual one-game ban, though I have my doubts that he's coming back anytime soon.

Oookay.

On February 04 2012 04:51 chaos13 wrote:
Sitting out Normal Mini Mafia http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306452&currentpage=4#66

Okay.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
February 04 2012 03:06 GMT
#2500
On February 02 2012 02:51 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
You should change it to non existent. None of those infractions are even remotely serious. I went 24 hours without posting because I had shit to do and a day cycle is 48-72 hours, so I never went a full day cycle without posting. I have to sleep then work for 8 hours then usually had stuff to do afterwards. I wasn't by any means inactive with 4-5 pages of filter. You need to look at the whole, not a specific instance for inactivity. I could probably find several end game players with less posts than me.

Once again, a long day and I come home write a post and fuck up tags. It was a huge post. I went into the edit screen to copy it and was trying to preview the post and hit the wrong button. A simple mistake.

The picture thing, well I guess you have me there. but all I posted when I died with "gg gl" which doesn't do anything to effect the game. While ultimately I don't really care how this ends up since I am not playing for the next four months rules should be flexible, not rigid. Nothing I did negatively effected the game and none of it was done with any level of malice. In those scenarios trying to ban a player is silly and doing it simply off principle is ridiculous. It's banning for the sake of banning and enforcing arbitrary rules.

As an aside, every rule I broke was outside the realms of normality and while ignorance isn't an excuse for breaking a rule, it does infer that the rule is silly. It's like me putting a rule in Hammer that you can't use mafia acronyms/slang and banning for it.

You managed to break four of the games rules, and expect to get out of it scot free?
You should have respected the host and complied to the rules of the game. I support a ban.

On Meapak, ban now, and force him to follow it up.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 459
Hyuk 270
910 106
Yoon 34
NotJumperer 31
Bale 28
ZergMaN 27
Dewaltoss 25
yabsab 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe22
League of Legends
JimRising 505
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King180
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1766
Khaldor166
Other Games
singsing573
ceh9531
olofmeister442
WinterStarcraft404
Happy379
Sick245
Livibee187
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick682
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream296
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH76
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2350
League of Legends
• Stunt538
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 8m
Stellar Fest
5h 8m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.