• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:07
CEST 17:07
KST 00:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7351 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 127

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 180 Next
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 12:31 GMT
#2521
On February 14 2012 17:22 EchelonTee wrote:
I don't know if I have the credibility to be discussing this, feel free to let me know if I'm out of my place and I'll step out, but here's my 2c.

During the actual game, it makes sense that the host's word is law, but in post-game discussion, is it true that the host can dole out warnings and bans? During the game, redFF wasn't actively insulting people or hurting the game, though he had a difficult role to pull off that he invested a lot of time into. He didn't criticize Greymist/iGrok's setup until postgame, which is the time for such discussion... even though he was being belligerent, it was not excessively so.

There are probably a lot of implicit rules in the ban list that are known to people who've been around, but because these things are not explicitly listed out, it's sort of nebulous. If it is standard that host's word is always law, or that direct insults result in warnings, that's fine, but as is redFF didn't do anything crazy, though the rage was quite fiery. Besides, IMO, dictating that someone can't post in a thread is a bit highhanded, unless the thread is spiraling out of control.

Up to the hosts/ban list mods, of course.


This guy knows whats up.

I played my ass of for 5 days in that game in an attempt to get a win and then when the game ended i found out it was nigh impossible. Yeah I was pissed. Yeah i raged in thread which was wrong but I had reasons for it and laid them out fairly well (and still haven't really been responded too satisfactorily).

If you wanna warn me for getting emotional then I get it but I think its a damn fucking shame, especially as it all happened post game and there is nothing in the ban list op that talks about this.

Next time I'll just play like someone like Sinani and post once a day and not actually care about games.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 14 2012 13:42 GMT
#2522
Red stuck it out until the end of the game and I respect that, and as I said to him in PM:
I knew you were angry and venting, that's why I warned you privately. You're too good of a player to pull this shit. Why do you think I gave you by far the hardest role in the game?


But, when the post game discussion consists of:

+ Show Spoiler +

On February 14 2012 12:34 redFF wrote:

i don't give a shit about the result i give a shit about bad mods wasting peoples time


On February 14 2012 12:22 redFF wrote:
yeah shut up greymist


On February 14 2012 12:17 redFF wrote:
NEVER LET IGROK MOD A GAME AGAIN



On February 14 2012 11:45 redFF wrote:
fuck you for wasting my time with this shit, win-con should always be scum outnumber or equal town


On February 14 2012 11:52 redFF wrote:
biggest fucking waste of time


On February 14 2012 11:57 redFF wrote:
LITERALLY 30 PAGES OF POINTLESSNESS


On February 14 2012 11:58 redFF wrote:
can we get some people who aren't pants on head retarded to come agree with me


Then something is wrong. and this is not even all. The post game is a place to cool down/ talk calmly about the game, not to flame relentlessly.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 14:10:29
February 14 2012 14:10 GMT
#2523
It wasn't flaming. I was angry yes but I'm fairly sure most of those posts are at least somewhat valid (apart from NEVER LET IGROK MOD A GAME AGAIN and yeah shut up greymist)

I'm sorry about that but I think my reaction was at least understandable, and I'm fairly sure I'm not the only person who would have reacted in the way I did.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 14 2012 14:41 GMT
#2524
criticizing the setup is fine, being a douchebag about it isn't.

Sure, things get heated in these games. That just shows we care. I don't really have an opinion one way or the other about a formal punishment in this case. I like redFF, but I also know he blows up and can become quite abusive when he doesn't agree with something. The nice way to handle this is to simply ask red not to do shit like this, try to keep it civil.

No idea if we need a formal warning on top of that. I also very much respect iGrok's hosting ability, his games are usually very fun to play.

I'm sorry about that but I think my reaction was at least understandable, and I'm fairly sure I'm not the only person who would have reacted in the way I did.


iGrok did contact at least me, and I think other people to discuss the situation that had come up. He really tried to make the best of it. You may not agree with it, but he did try his best to reach the right conclusion. I agree with how he handled the game. Clearly you do not.

So yeah, your reaction of getting mad was understandable, but can you just like... not be a dick to people next time you get mad?

If I had to vote on it, I'd simply ask redFF (and he already has to an extent) to apologize for the unnecessarily harsh reaction and then we can move on, agreeing to disagree. Fuck warnings
Computer says mafia
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 14 2012 14:55 GMT
#2525
If you're upset, close TL Mafia for a while. Punch a pillow. Beat somebody in StarCraft. Eat a bagel.

Don't flame the mod. I barely care that the game was not winnable. Be polite when saying so. I'm all for giving you a warning.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 14 2012 14:56 GMT
#2526
On February 09 2012 15:27 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
I am extremely sorry for my actions. It was a poor decision that was not made very rationally. I should have PM'd iGrok. I will take whatever ban he wants.

I don't know how much I will visit TL for a while, please just listen to iGrok and I'll sit out my games when stuff is over and I get the chance.

Once again, I'm really sorry.

-Meapak

There you have it. Standard inactivity ban.

On February 05 2012 13:18 Erandorr wrote:
Sitting out BCs Game.

Also moar Mafia drama please

Noted late, but okay.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 15:49:32
February 14 2012 15:47 GMT
#2527
I will add my humble opinion. Red over reacted in tone and choice of words but he did do so because he cares and he broke no RULE. He was simply being a jerk to put it simply. It isnt helpful etc and the downsides to that behavior have been discussed and pointed out.

Give him a conditional warning that states this warning assumes your current behavior continues. Put some fine point that says if the behavior has not been repeated for X days the the warning is null and erased from the record.

Its more of a example for the future. Having hosted games on other forums with a much more standard format I can atest to the amount of work that igrok put in. This game was not a bastard game or anything like that and as a community we cant turn a blind eye to written abuse directed at anyone that put time and effort in.

Red, my bad if this sounds like me giving an opinion or judgement on something I shouldn't but, respectfully, I nelieve you crossed a line. Just barely, and with reason, but it was crossed.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
February 14 2012 17:53 GMT
#2528
Let's put all emotions aside.
What's left?
Redff saying that he played a game that was close to unwinnable for couple of days.
That's the point.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 19:29 GMT
#2529
On February 15 2012 00:47 vaderseven wrote:
Red, my bad if this sounds like me giving an opinion or judgement on something I shouldn't but, respectfully, I nelieve you crossed a line. Just barely, and with reason, but it was crossed.

you don't need my permission to talk about this...
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 21:06:45
February 14 2012 20:32 GMT
#2530
lol.. Igrok has to run and hide behind the ban list because someone calls him out on his bullshit.
and its business as usual for you guys sweep that shit under the rug and pretend its not a problem then turn around and give red a "warning" to stroke your fractured ego and make yourself feel like "reds" the problem.

We cant have people calling out hosts that are fucking people over and wasting peoples time.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 12:49:16
February 14 2012 21:15 GMT
#2531
Coag, I swear it's been months since I've seen you post in this forum with something not bitching about moderation.
-redacted-

To elaborate we are arguing a fine line here and you don't even have a valid opinion to discuss. This is about a complex set up that had an unexpected problem and RedFF being mad about that and whether he crossed a very gray line in doing so.

The comparison situation that was made was Showtime! when he just insulted the shit out of pyrrhuloxia after pyrr hosted the first Smurf game. If I remember right, Showtime was incredibly more disparaging and insulting towards the host and that was also a different time when hosts were few and far between, so it was even worse for him to do.

This time the insults were much much more tame and in an overall different environment and people are just deciding what punishment if any that RedFF deserves.

Personally, I'd probably just not the assholery in some form of unofficial warning and no to do it again. I am generally way more relaxed about punishing though. And hopefully an apology (not for his legitimate gripes, but for the personal attacks) would suffice.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 21:22:49
February 14 2012 21:21 GMT
#2532
On February 15 2012 05:32 Coagulation wrote:
lol.. Igrok has to run and hide behind the ban list because someone calls him out on his bullshit.
and its business as usual for you guys sweep that shit under the rug and pretend its not a problem then turn around and give red a "warning" to stroke your fractured ego and make yourself feel like "reds" the problem.

We cant have people calling out hosts that are fucking people over and wasting peoples time.


1.) I know you hate the ban list, but refrain from bashing it at every opportunity please, seriously, its rather tiresome, we get it.

2.) Calling out a host is fine, what people are taking issue with was how it was done, there's a difference between calling someone out and being a dick. I won't comment on whether I think redFF crossed that line, but that's whats up for discussion, not whether it is ok to criticize a host. Let me put it this way, if redFF had spent three pages saying "IGROK IS A FAG, FUCK HIM!" he'd 100% get a ban, no matter how "justified" it was. Whats being argued here is whether what he did merits some type of action or not.

EDIT: RoL, don't be a dick to coag please, hell I'd be kind of nice if we could all talk to each other like reasonable human beings, god forbid.
Moderator
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 21:29 GMT
#2533
i apologized.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 14 2012 21:33 GMT
#2534
DONT START NUTTIN' WONT BE NUTTIN'
-DMX
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 21:35 GMT
#2535
Nigger, nigger, nigger, nigger, nigger, nigger, Please.
- Eazy-E
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 14 2012 21:42 GMT
#2536
On February 15 2012 04:29 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2012 00:47 vaderseven wrote:
Red, my bad if this sounds like me giving an opinion or judgement on something I shouldn't but, respectfully, I nelieve you crossed a line. Just barely, and with reason, but it was crossed.

you don't need my permission to talk about this...


I was more just not wanting to 'gang up' on you. Trying to show I felt your pain even though I have the stance I have.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 21:43 GMT
#2537
thanks coag
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 15 2012 00:37 GMT
#2538
For future reference, if you have a problem with how the host is doing things, PM foolishness, flamewheel, or myself. There's no reason to go crazy in the thread. It doesn't matter if the game was over or not, the host is still king (or queen) of the thread.

Final note
The host of your game has the first say on what happens in your game. If you have a problem with how your game is being run or how another player is treating you in that game, talk to the host first. You should only come here if you cannot resolve the situation by talking to the host of your game.

Uff Da
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 15 2012 00:39 GMT
#2539
what does that quote have to do with anything
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 15 2012 01:26 GMT
#2540
You had a problem with how your game was being run. You clearly couldn't resolve it by talking to iGrok. You should have come to flamewheel.
Uff Da
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1032
ComeBackTV 838
SteadfastSC753
TaKeTV 516
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex148
EnkiAlexander 82
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 753
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex 148
ProTech141
BRAT_OK 4
MindelVK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48908
Bisu 2058
Horang2 1198
EffOrt 1019
Soma 597
Hyuk 596
BeSt 533
Shuttle 492
Mini 480
Light 433
[ Show more ]
Larva 340
ZerO 198
Rush 184
Leta 88
Mong 79
firebathero 76
910 59
Snow 55
Pusan 46
Sexy 45
ToSsGirL 32
JYJ 27
Bale 27
Aegong 27
Trap 26
Terrorterran 21
Rock 16
Shine 16
Liquid`Ret 13
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
Gorgc7828
qojqva1241
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1547
Khaldor1298
Lowko472
Other Games
singsing2005
hiko1220
Beastyqt597
B2W.Neo433
Livibee203
Hui .196
Liquid`VortiX150
ArmadaUGS131
XaKoH 129
KnowMe114
QueenE82
Mew2King78
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream80
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 24
• mYiSmile111
• Gemini_19 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3269
Other Games
• Shiphtur263
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 53m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 53m
Online Event
19h 53m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.