• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:20
CEST 19:20
KST 02:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10164 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 124

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 180 Next
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
January 29 2012 10:26 GMT
#2461
On January 29 2012 15:45 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Hosts discretion on whether or not to ban, but I don't know if you can request bans that don't follow the guide lines unless its an overt behavior issue. iGrok, do you need a sub?

Sub has been taken care of, and a second player has expressed interest in being a sub, should the need arise again.

Historically, if a Player requests replacement with insufficient reason, he is warned or banned. If he is modkilled due to inactivity, he is banned. We do not wait for the player to come back and say why he was inactive before we add him to the ban list.

I like Meapak, and I respect his mafia abilities, but I'm treating this exactly as I would if I were requesting a ban for a random scrub or Hot_Bid. He should be added to the banlist as "Modkilled for Inactivity".

Having searched the banlist, I find no bans or warnings for Meapak in the past. With this in mind, and having thought through this longer, I reduce the request to two games.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
January 29 2012 19:21 GMT
#2462
On January 29 2012 16:14 Ver wrote:
Don't think any judgment should be passed til meapak can reply himself.

in 90 days
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
January 30 2012 03:48 GMT
#2463
On January 29 2012 16:14 Ver wrote:
Don't think any judgment should be passed til meapak can reply himself.

Agreed. I think we should try to avoid making a rash decision without knowing the circumstances surrounding Meapak's request.
Uff Da
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
January 30 2012 04:46 GMT
#2464
On January 29 2012 16:14 Ver wrote:
Don't think any judgment should be passed til meapak can reply himself.

It should be on his record in some way shape or form, and who's to say we will remember in 90 days time?
Put it in now, and let him follow it up if he cares to.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
January 30 2012 06:29 GMT
#2465
sitting out bcs game
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 13:08:49
January 30 2012 13:00 GMT
#2466
There is no particular need to hear from Meapak. The situation should be treated as if he wasn't banned on request but rather simply disappeared and thus he should receive a standard inactivity ban. The fact he requested a ban doesn't appear to make the situation any more blameworthy than just disappearing for a few days and missing votes. Moreover, the reason for inactivity doesn't particularly matter especially when it's clear he could have informed the host but chose not to. Of course it's unlikely for someone like meapak to act like this without a good reason, but still the ban won't be long (1 game?) and is reasonable given the circumstances. Due to not informing the hosts despite having an opportunity to do so, it is very unlikely for any explanation to absolve him from the responsibility.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
January 30 2012 14:04 GMT
#2467
The host is asking for a longer ban than usual for an inactivity modkill. That is why I think we need to hear from Meapak. I agree that 1 game is justified pretty much regardless of the circumstances.
Uff Da
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
January 30 2012 16:21 GMT
#2468
I told meapak if he wants he can use my account to respond. Assuming he checks TL and is still logged in he should receive the PM even if he is banned.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 30 2012 20:15 GMT
#2469
Going to check this tonight.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
February 01 2012 04:39 GMT
#2470
From Purgatory Mafia:
xsksc - inactivity ban - 1 game

RebirthOfLeGenD...hrm...
- warned for inactivity
- edited a post
- posted a picture
- posted after death with a ??? flip even though I explicitly warned players against doing so
If it were someone else, it would be an easy decision - request a ban
...which means that if I am to uphold my principle that I treat all players the same way...
I must request a ban for RoL - 1 game (since the warning is from a zillion years ago)
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-01 17:51:40
February 01 2012 17:51 GMT
#2471
You should change it to non existent. None of those infractions are even remotely serious. I went 24 hours without posting because I had shit to do and a day cycle is 48-72 hours, so I never went a full day cycle without posting. I have to sleep then work for 8 hours then usually had stuff to do afterwards. I wasn't by any means inactive with 4-5 pages of filter. You need to look at the whole, not a specific instance for inactivity. I could probably find several end game players with less posts than me.

Once again, a long day and I come home write a post and fuck up tags. It was a huge post. I went into the edit screen to copy it and was trying to preview the post and hit the wrong button. A simple mistake.

The picture thing, well I guess you have me there. but all I posted when I died with "gg gl" which doesn't do anything to effect the game. While ultimately I don't really care how this ends up since I am not playing for the next four months rules should be flexible, not rigid. Nothing I did negatively effected the game and none of it was done with any level of malice. In those scenarios trying to ban a player is silly and doing it simply off principle is ridiculous. It's banning for the sake of banning and enforcing arbitrary rules.

As an aside, every rule I broke was outside the realms of normality and while ignorance isn't an excuse for breaking a rule, it does infer that the rule is silly. It's like me putting a rule in Hammer that you can't use mafia acronyms/slang and banning for it.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 01 2012 18:03 GMT
#2472
I have not followed Purgatory, but posting after death and editing are against the rules every game (though gg posts are allowed - Role can you link to it please?)
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
February 01 2012 20:09 GMT
#2473
I love how you guys still shit all over each other constantly like your upholding some jedi council code.

User was warned for this post
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 20:34:37
February 01 2012 23:33 GMT
#2474
YO YOU'RE RIGHT
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 02 2012 02:48 GMT
#2475
LOL who reported that?
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 02 2012 02:57 GMT
#2476
Seriously though guys, can we not be reporting each other? -_-
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 02 2012 03:30 GMT
#2477
It's an entirely disrespectful post. Don't forget that TL Mafia is still part of Teamliquid. While we enjoy a great deal of autonomy some stuff should not be allowed to pass.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 02 2012 03:33 GMT
#2478
Okay going through shit now.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
dreamflower
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States312 Posts
February 02 2012 03:52 GMT
#2479
Hello, everyone! As your friendly manager of the TL Mafia Central Library, where you can find links to many helpful, educational, historical, and entertaining Mafia resources, I'd like to remind any players who would like to reduce their bans that you can contribute three (3) game records of past Mafia games to the Mafia Library. Completing this task will decrease your ban count by one. (A template for game records can be found here.) You will need to include a summary, which may require reading the game if you didn't participate in or observe it yourself.

This deal was offered previously by Foolishness as described in this post. As of yet, though, no one has contributed any game records with the aim of lowering their ban count. The offer is still open to anyone on the ban list who would rather contribute game records than sit out games!

Thanks! Please let me know if you have any questions.
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." -Oscar Wilde
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 02 2012 03:56 GMT
#2480

On January 25 2012 06:15 prplhz wrote:
We haven't, and I was just about to propose a change to that.

It sucks that you will get a three game ban when it's your second ban, even though your first ban was a year ago and only happened because the new MLP episode had you so excited that you forgot to vote but you've played 30 games without incident since then.

So, it could be cool if there could be some mechanic in place for that, maybe 10 games without incident should erase an earlier ban? All of this should of course be up to the player herself/himself to track, the player could come in here with a list of games and flamewheel would know if there was an offence in those games, 'cause he manages the banlist

-e I also like Mattchew's approach to this more than flamewheel's, one game ban because he broke the rules isn't a lot he can probably play again in a couple of weeks. With a system like the one I propose above in place he wouldn't have to deal with old bans coming back to bite him in the ass later if he just behaves from now on

Time depreciation would be nice, and I like your suggestion. Of course, the number is malleable. Will think about it more.

On January 25 2012 07:05 igabod wrote:
sitting out BC's arkham asylum

Noted.

On January 28 2012 16:32 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
I guess a ban on NetStalker is warranted since he joined but never posted in Hammer. But he was a 2 post user, probably not even worth the banlist clutter.

Justice is blind.

On January 29 2012 16:14 Ver wrote:
Don't think any judgment should be passed til meapak can reply himself.

Super secret probation list. He's not even going to be around for another 80-odd days.

On January 30 2012 15:29 Coagulation wrote:
sitting out bcs game

Noted.

On February 01 2012 13:39 Zona wrote:
From Purgatory Mafia:
xsksc - inactivity ban - 1 game

RebirthOfLeGenD...hrm...
- warned for inactivity
- edited a post
- posted a picture
- posted after death with a ??? flip even though I explicitly warned players against doing so
If it were someone else, it would be an easy decision - request a ban
...which means that if I am to uphold my principle that I treat all players the same way...
I must request a ban for RoL - 1 game (since the warning is from a zillion years ago)

Noted for xsksc. I agree with RebirthofLeGenD though. I haven't read the game (nor do I plan on doing so unless the situation becomes dire) but if you really believe in this, please keep discussing.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 275
UpATreeSC 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1424
EffOrt 1033
Mini 815
Soma 582
actioN 470
Rush 401
Light 324
Larva 319
BeSt 211
Dewaltoss 163
[ Show more ]
Snow 120
hero 103
sorry 89
firebathero 89
Liquid`Ret 60
Zeus 58
Barracks 53
soO 31
Sexy 28
ToSsGirL 26
Trap 25
JYJ 24
Bale 22
Shine 21
zelot 17
Rock 10
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7677
qojqva2027
Dendi915
420jenkins174
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps826
Fnx 783
x6flipin474
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5425
Grubby5052
Liquid`Hasu518
Other Games
Beastyqt575
B2W.Neo495
byalli442
ceh9436
Khaldor172
ArmadaUGS157
Liquid`VortiX149
KnowMe139
C9.Mang0127
TKL 91
BRAT_OK 85
Trikslyr54
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV271
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream142
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH278
• StrangeGG 62
• Reevou 7
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 16
• 80smullet 12
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV457
League of Legends
• Nemesis3644
• TFBlade895
Other Games
• Shiphtur312
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 40m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 40m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.