• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:57
CEST 20:57
KST 03:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7760 users

[S4WC] Group Stage - Page 419

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 417 418 419 420 421 425 Next
Unfounded matchfixing accusations are not welcome. Refrain from making off-the-wall accusations without concrete evidence.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
September 29 2014 00:35 GMT
#8361
Everyone really likes to focus on mid lane or top lane, but support plays are huge for the top Korean teams. The difference between LemonNation(most games because I admit he did have that really good game in the c9 vs shield game) and GorillA/Mata is huge. Same with Yolostar in Fnatic. Basically, these higher level support players enable their team so much more movement and map control than their counterparts. Too bad support impact is so difficult to gauge properly. The best example of a support player changing a team around completely in NA is TSM's Lustboy.
orzeu
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland5205 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-29 00:45:34
September 29 2014 00:42 GMT
#8362
On September 29 2014 09:30 Amarok wrote:
They didn't win but Froggen was excellent on TF in the first game against shield. Would have been a hard carry but Nyph and Shook were just too heavy.

He had good start but didn't make game winning plays.
On September 29 2014 09:35 ketchup wrote:
Everyone really likes to focus on mid lane or top lane, but support plays are huge for the top Korean teams. The difference between LemonNation(most games because I admit he did have that really good game in the c9 vs shield game) and GorillA/Mata is huge. Same with Yolostar in Fnatic. Basically, these higher level support players enable their team so much more movement and map control than their counterparts. Too bad support impact is so difficult to gauge properly. The best example of a support player changing a team around completely in NA is TSM's Lustboy.

Yellowstar did okay, rest supports were not even close. The gap between non Korean supports and Koreans is even bigger then between junglers.
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
September 29 2014 00:46 GMT
#8363
On September 29 2014 09:42 orzeu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 09:30 Amarok wrote:
They didn't win but Froggen was excellent on TF in the first game against shield. Would have been a hard carry but Nyph and Shook were just too heavy.

He had good start but didn't make game winning plays.


Shook and Nyph getting caught and Nyph being unable to ult a target who's going to fall below half hp while building zilean terribly were the real problems. Even Faker can't carry players that heavy.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
orzeu
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland5205 Posts
September 29 2014 00:50 GMT
#8364
On September 29 2014 09:46 Amarok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 09:42 orzeu wrote:
On September 29 2014 09:30 Amarok wrote:
They didn't win but Froggen was excellent on TF in the first game against shield. Would have been a hard carry but Nyph and Shook were just too heavy.

He had good start but didn't make game winning plays.


Shook and Nyph getting caught and Nyph being unable to ult a target who's going to fall below half hp while building zilean terribly were the real problems. Even Faker can't carry players that heavy.

Still he could have done more in mid game. What about other games? Didn't carry either.
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
September 29 2014 00:56 GMT
#8365
On September 29 2014 09:50 orzeu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 09:46 Amarok wrote:
On September 29 2014 09:42 orzeu wrote:
On September 29 2014 09:30 Amarok wrote:
They didn't win but Froggen was excellent on TF in the first game against shield. Would have been a hard carry but Nyph and Shook were just too heavy.

He had good start but didn't make game winning plays.


Shook and Nyph getting caught and Nyph being unable to ult a target who's going to fall below half hp while building zilean terribly were the real problems. Even Faker can't carry players that heavy.

Still he could have done more in mid game. What about other games? Didn't carry either.


Not saying he had a great tournament. He didn't. His Kabuum game in particular was pretty average. His TF game was pretty good though.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
Goragoth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
New Zealand1065 Posts
September 29 2014 01:11 GMT
#8366
I'm still puzzled as to what went through Alliances minds when they picked their comp against Kabum. Building a comp that relies almost entirely on perfectly timed ultis from Kayle, when Wickd already demonstrated that he is bad at that champion in an earlier game is baffling.
Creator of LoLTool.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-29 01:22:27
September 29 2014 01:12 GMT
#8367
On September 29 2014 09:35 ketchup wrote:
Everyone really likes to focus on mid lane or top lane, but support plays are huge for the top Korean teams. The difference between LemonNation(most games because I admit he did have that really good game in the c9 vs shield game) and GorillA/Mata is huge. Same with Yolostar in Fnatic. Basically, these higher level support players enable their team so much more movement and map control than their counterparts. Too bad support impact is so difficult to gauge properly. The best example of a support player changing a team around completely in NA is TSM's Lustboy.


Heart was pretty ridiculous today too. Spent a ton of time just hanging out in the enemy jungle messing with people, granting vision, and setting up plays as both Janna and Thresh.

On September 29 2014 08:52 orzeu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 08:46 upperbound wrote:
On September 29 2014 08:25 orzeu wrote:
On September 29 2014 08:20 upperbound wrote:
On September 29 2014 08:12 orzeu wrote:
Ryze was perma banned/picked vs him and maokai in almost every game. I'm not defending him, but he really gets to much hate. Also you would think that 'the best western player' would draw more then one ban in whole group stage.

Why would anyone target ban a player with a ginormous champion pool?

Ginormous champion pool? Doesn't play 3 most op mid laners in the game (Zilean/Yasuo/Zed) and prefer to play Fizz/Xerath for some reason. If you're world class midlaner you can solo carry games from mid lane on op champions.

Froggen has played Yasuo and Zed this season, both relatively well.

What's wrong with Fizz and Xerath? They are quite viable champions.

Can't really blame him for not playing Zilean when he actually has to carry the team himself most games. Maybe if you could guarantee Wickd on Irelia then Zilean might be a champion Froggen could practice but if Irelia is banned then that's not gonna happen.


He didn't carry any game in group stage.


It's because he isn't a world class mid laner. He's good but xpeke had a better showing at worlds than him. So did XWX. No one calls either of them the best in the west or top 5 mids in the world.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-29 01:22:15
September 29 2014 01:20 GMT
#8368
Sorry double post
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
September 29 2014 01:26 GMT
#8369
Guys I never thought I'd say this but... I don't mind Rivington's casting anymore.
Retvrn to Forvms
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
September 29 2014 01:30 GMT
#8370
If Peke played better than Froggen it's by a degree barely worth mentioning. His two Xerath games were atrocious, especially the LMQ one.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 29 2014 01:32 GMT
#8371
On September 29 2014 10:26 Chrispy wrote:
Guys I never thought I'd say this but... I don't mind Rivington's casting anymore.

because there's 3 casters, so he can only do play by play, no need to bounce color commentary off him,
liftlift > tsm
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
September 29 2014 01:38 GMT
#8372
On September 29 2014 09:42 orzeu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 09:35 ketchup wrote:
Everyone really likes to focus on mid lane or top lane, but support plays are huge for the top Korean teams. The difference between LemonNation(most games because I admit he did have that really good game in the c9 vs shield game) and GorillA/Mata is huge. Same with Yolostar in Fnatic. Basically, these higher level support players enable their team so much more movement and map control than their counterparts. Too bad support impact is so difficult to gauge properly. The best example of a support player changing a team around completely in NA is TSM's Lustboy.

Yellowstar did okay, rest supports were not even close. The gap between non Korean supports and Koreans is even bigger then between junglers.


Oops, I meant to say that Yolostar wasn't close to the Korean supports, not that LemonNation was worse than Yolostar. I thought LomoNation did better than I expected. Yolostar is called yolostar for a reason. He can go yolo in EU and be okay, but it doesn't work against anyone else in the World stage. I was also surprised he didn't pick more aggressive supports considering his play style is one that favors it.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-29 01:40:35
September 29 2014 01:39 GMT
#8373
On September 29 2014 10:12 overt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 09:35 ketchup wrote:
Everyone really likes to focus on mid lane or top lane, but support plays are huge for the top Korean teams. The difference between LemonNation(most games because I admit he did have that really good game in the c9 vs shield game) and GorillA/Mata is huge. Same with Yolostar in Fnatic. Basically, these higher level support players enable their team so much more movement and map control than their counterparts. Too bad support impact is so difficult to gauge properly. The best example of a support player changing a team around completely in NA is TSM's Lustboy.


Heart was pretty ridiculous today too. Spent a ton of time just hanging out in the enemy jungle messing with people, granting vision, and setting up plays as both Janna and Thresh.



I agree. I guess I should have just mentioned all the Korean support players, but got lazy. QQ


bah, meant to edit not quote again. I fail
dDazed
Profile Joined August 2014
192 Posts
September 29 2014 01:48 GMT
#8374
Rivington is a good play by play caster. It is when he reaches too far and tries to be more analytical, that is when he says nonsensical and stupid shit. Like seeing two sheens on two people and saying that there will be two Trinity Forces soon, when one character is Fizz. Having two other casters with him means he doesn't have to fill the air as much, which lowers the chance where he will say really dumb shit.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 29 2014 01:57 GMT
#8375
On September 29 2014 10:38 ketchup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 09:42 orzeu wrote:
On September 29 2014 09:35 ketchup wrote:
Everyone really likes to focus on mid lane or top lane, but support plays are huge for the top Korean teams. The difference between LemonNation(most games because I admit he did have that really good game in the c9 vs shield game) and GorillA/Mata is huge. Same with Yolostar in Fnatic. Basically, these higher level support players enable their team so much more movement and map control than their counterparts. Too bad support impact is so difficult to gauge properly. The best example of a support player changing a team around completely in NA is TSM's Lustboy.

Yellowstar did okay, rest supports were not even close. The gap between non Korean supports and Koreans is even bigger then between junglers.


Oops, I meant to say that Yolostar wasn't close to the Korean supports, not that LemonNation was worse than Yolostar. I thought LomoNation did better than I expected. Yolostar is called yolostar for a reason. He can go yolo in EU and be okay, but it doesn't work against anyone else in the World stage. I was also surprised he didn't pick more aggressive supports considering his play style is one that favors it.

imo yolostar is probably the best western support, he's pretty close to koreans imo, his vision control is as good as the koreans, and he can do the mechanical plays as well, he just has those rare games where he goes full dora though,.
liftlift > tsm
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 29 2014 02:23 GMT
#8376
On September 29 2014 10:26 Chrispy wrote:
Guys I never thought I'd say this but... I don't mind Rivington's casting anymore.

He's gotten better, but I would say he's probably passing right now. However, I think having two color guys curtails his desire to multitask a bit. We'll see next split, I guess.

I do have to say that I immensely enjoy the 3 headed monster casts than the standard format.
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
September 29 2014 03:50 GMT
#8377
On September 29 2014 11:23 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 10:26 Chrispy wrote:
Guys I never thought I'd say this but... I don't mind Rivington's casting anymore.

He's gotten better, but I would say he's probably passing right now. However, I think having two color guys curtails his desire to multitask a bit. We'll see next split, I guess.

I do have to say that I immensely enjoy the 3 headed monster casts than the standard format.


I do not doubt Rivington's passion, his hard work, or his commitment to improve. However, he just doesn't have "it". If you took a transcript of what he says during a game, you'd be completely confused as to what he's talking about. Sometimes he's completely wrong with what he says too. Most of the time it's just empty gibberish.

Again, I think he's a good guy, I don't doubt his commitment, and I don't wish him any ill. That being said, I do want more talented casters to rise up and eventually replace him.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 29 2014 04:11 GMT
#8378
On September 29 2014 12:50 Takkara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 11:23 Gahlo wrote:
On September 29 2014 10:26 Chrispy wrote:
Guys I never thought I'd say this but... I don't mind Rivington's casting anymore.

He's gotten better, but I would say he's probably passing right now. However, I think having two color guys curtails his desire to multitask a bit. We'll see next split, I guess.

I do have to say that I immensely enjoy the 3 headed monster casts than the standard format.


I do not doubt Rivington's passion, his hard work, or his commitment to improve. However, he just doesn't have "it". If you took a transcript of what he says during a game, you'd be completely confused as to what he's talking about. Sometimes he's completely wrong with what he says too. Most of the time it's just empty gibberish.

Again, I think he's a good guy, I don't doubt his commitment, and I don't wish him any ill. That being said, I do want more talented casters to rise up and eventually replace him.

I think only institutions in their roles find pushback when it comes to being replaced. The casting videos from the group stages added another layer of respect in my eyes. I get tired just watching them.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
September 29 2014 04:30 GMT
#8379
On September 29 2014 10:57 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 10:38 ketchup wrote:
On September 29 2014 09:42 orzeu wrote:
On September 29 2014 09:35 ketchup wrote:
Everyone really likes to focus on mid lane or top lane, but support plays are huge for the top Korean teams. The difference between LemonNation(most games because I admit he did have that really good game in the c9 vs shield game) and GorillA/Mata is huge. Same with Yolostar in Fnatic. Basically, these higher level support players enable their team so much more movement and map control than their counterparts. Too bad support impact is so difficult to gauge properly. The best example of a support player changing a team around completely in NA is TSM's Lustboy.

Yellowstar did okay, rest supports were not even close. The gap between non Korean supports and Koreans is even bigger then between junglers.


Oops, I meant to say that Yolostar wasn't close to the Korean supports, not that LemonNation was worse than Yolostar. I thought LomoNation did better than I expected. Yolostar is called yolostar for a reason. He can go yolo in EU and be okay, but it doesn't work against anyone else in the World stage. I was also surprised he didn't pick more aggressive supports considering his play style is one that favors it.

imo yolostar is probably the best western support, he's pretty close to koreans imo, his vision control is as good as the koreans, and he can do the mechanical plays as well, he just has those rare games where he goes full dora though,.


I can admit that yolostar is good in EU, but he does not do well internationally. A huge part of that was due to his vision control. Everything you said applies only to the EU scene. Watch him in the games in Worlds. He is no where near as outstanding.
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
September 29 2014 05:03 GMT
#8380
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 417 418 419 420 421 425 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 100
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 936
Dewaltoss 123
firebathero 90
Zeus 71
Trap 45
910 37
zelot 28
Sexy 26
soO 22
Bale 20
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
JYJ 19
NaDa 18
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6846
420jenkins208
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1439
Fnx 767
edward60
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS150
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1407
Other Games
Grubby3960
summit1g3653
Beastyqt688
B2W.Neo627
ceh9459
byalli422
C9.Mang0167
KnowMe162
TKL 120
BRAT_OK 76
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV261
BasetradeTV260
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki47
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur426
• WagamamaTV283
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 3m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 3m
Stellar Fest
18h 3m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.