• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:49
CEST 16:49
KST 23:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8519 users

[S4WC] Group Stage - Page 421

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 419 420 421 422 423 425 Next
Unfounded matchfixing accusations are not welcome. Refrain from making off-the-wall accusations without concrete evidence.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
September 29 2014 17:30 GMT
#8401
On September 30 2014 01:40 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2014 01:23 Mikau wrote:
Out of curiosity, which champion is it that only got banned? Aatrox?

Yup.

+ Show Spoiler [Champion list dump] +
PICKED
Ahri
Alistar
Blitzcrank
Braum
Caitlyn
Corki
Elise
Evelynn
Ezreal
Fizz
Graves
Irelia
Janna
Jarvan
Jayce
Jinx
Kassadin
Katarina
Kayle
Khazix
Kogmaw
Lee Sin
Leona
Lissandra
Lucian
Lulu
Maokai
Morgana
Nami
Mundo
Nidalee
Nunu
Orianna
Pantheon
Rammus
Rengar
Riven
Rumble
Ryze
Sona
Swain
Syndra
Talon
Thresh
Tristana
Twitch
Twisted Fate
Vayne
Vi
Xerath
Yasuo
Zed
Ziggs
Zilean

ONLY BANNED
Aatrox


Freddy the savior

I kinda wanted to see him on Aatrox though D:
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Lmui
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada6223 Posts
September 29 2014 17:30 GMT
#8402
A few that have situational use:

Hecarim
Kennen
Nocturne
Yorick

I don't see any more variety coming in this WC though, without the presence of some cheesy strategy (ex. heimerdinger)
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 29 2014 17:32 GMT
#8403
On September 30 2014 02:30 Lmui wrote:
A few that have situational use:

Hecarim
Kennen
Nocturne
Yorick

I don't see any more variety coming in this WC though, without the presence of some cheesy strategy (ex. heimerdinger)

fnatic's out, no yorick. huehuehue.
liftlift > tsm
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
September 29 2014 17:44 GMT
#8404
I think we'll see nocturne before the end of worlds, pwny and yorick aren't impossible. Kennen I don't see though
Glorious SEA doto
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
September 29 2014 17:46 GMT
#8405
On September 29 2014 20:28 Sakray wrote:
So apparently I'm a son of a bitch because I don't like FNC.

Legit.



Haha there's just a string of comments on the youtube channel of the OMG vs Fnc games of people wishing OMG gets cancer.

I guess the fans can be a bit ... nevermind I'll show myself out =D
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 29 2014 17:48 GMT
#8406
On September 30 2014 02:44 Fusilero wrote:
I think we'll see nocturne before the end of worlds, pwny and yorick aren't impossible. Kennen I don't see though

The only reason to run Yorick is because you don't have access to lulu/kayle/zilean, all while rumble/ryze/maokai are banned. I seriously doubt we'll see Yorick, but historically he has popped up occasionally in very weird niche comps that never work out.
liftlift > tsm
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-29 17:55:26
September 29 2014 17:53 GMT
#8407
On September 30 2014 02:22 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 21:02 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On September 29 2014 17:17 krndandaman wrote:
On September 29 2014 16:25 TheYango wrote:
On September 29 2014 15:59 wei2coolman wrote:
Gleeb wasn't even regionally relevant, muchless internationally relevant. Now compare lustboy to xpecial. How much change is there really?

Lustboy also is a washed-up Korean pro and not on the level of current top Korean supports either. I don't think it's far-fetched to say the gap between Lustboy and Gleeb isn't that different from the gap between Mata and Western supports at this tournament.


I personally think that the difference between Lustboy and Gleeb is far greater than Mata and Western supports. Mata is an S-class support for sure but Yellowstar/Lemonnation are good supports that are deserving to be at the top of their region. Meanwhile Gleeb is barely LCS quality. I'm not even sure I'd take him over Kiwikid and that's saying alot.


Noone is even close to Mata outside of Heart in this world.
Madlife might be good again if he is going to be free'd from Space's prison, his vision control is top notch, not speaking about mechanics, Hachani and Gorilla in good day are close.

But only support who was relatively close to Mata is Pooh on his peak.

And Gleeb, meh, I guess, he just has that Nien syndrome to be legit in okayish teams but struggle in top-dogs.

I was super impressed with Zero when I was watching SHRC play. Especially considering he lanes with UZI without any communication, that's fucking insanity wolf status right there. As good as Imp+Mata lane imo.



Uzi/Zero is probably only botlane in the world outside of Bang/Wolf who can go even or win against imp/Mata.
Zero is best player in Starhorn by far, still getting no hype because UZIUZIUZI.

Even though, Mata is just immense after laning phase + his champion pool is bigger than Zero's.

On September 30 2014 02:44 Fusilero wrote:
I think we'll see nocturne before the end of worlds, pwny and yorick aren't impossible. Kennen I don't see though


Outside of Allen basically noone plays Nocturne, like, what will be reason for C9 to run Nocturne against Blue? Glorious TF by Hai? Poor dade, he will die from laughter.
Watch doesn't play it, neither does DanDy or Clearlove, inSec might bring it out though, if Lee Sin/Rengar are going to be banned.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
September 29 2014 17:56 GMT
#8408
On September 30 2014 02:44 Fusilero wrote:
I think we'll see nocturne before the end of worlds, pwny and yorick aren't impossible. Kennen I don't see though


No chance for Anivia anymore either.

I hope we see a Katarina or Leblanc mid before worlds ends. Udyr/Rango/Singed top/jungle would be fun too.
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
orzeu
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland5205 Posts
September 29 2014 17:58 GMT
#8409
On September 30 2014 02:53 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2014 02:22 wei2coolman wrote:
On September 29 2014 21:02 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On September 29 2014 17:17 krndandaman wrote:
On September 29 2014 16:25 TheYango wrote:
On September 29 2014 15:59 wei2coolman wrote:
Gleeb wasn't even regionally relevant, muchless internationally relevant. Now compare lustboy to xpecial. How much change is there really?

Lustboy also is a washed-up Korean pro and not on the level of current top Korean supports either. I don't think it's far-fetched to say the gap between Lustboy and Gleeb isn't that different from the gap between Mata and Western supports at this tournament.


I personally think that the difference between Lustboy and Gleeb is far greater than Mata and Western supports. Mata is an S-class support for sure but Yellowstar/Lemonnation are good supports that are deserving to be at the top of their region. Meanwhile Gleeb is barely LCS quality. I'm not even sure I'd take him over Kiwikid and that's saying alot.


Noone is even close to Mata outside of Heart in this world.
Madlife might be good again if he is going to be free'd from Space's prison, his vision control is top notch, not speaking about mechanics, Hachani and Gorilla in good day are close.

But only support who was relatively close to Mata is Pooh on his peak.

And Gleeb, meh, I guess, he just has that Nien syndrome to be legit in okayish teams but struggle in top-dogs.

I was super impressed with Zero when I was watching SHRC play. Especially considering he lanes with UZI without any communication, that's fucking insanity wolf status right there. As good as Imp+Mata lane imo.



Uzi/Zero is probably only botlane in the world outside of Bang/Wolf who can go even or win against imp/Mata.
Zero is best player in Starhorn by far, still getting no hype because UZIUZIUZI.

Even though, Mata is just immense after laning phase + his champion pool is bigger than Zero's.

Show nested quote +
On September 30 2014 02:44 Fusilero wrote:
I think we'll see nocturne before the end of worlds, pwny and yorick aren't impossible. Kennen I don't see though


Outside of Allen basically noone plays Nocturne, like, what will be reason for C9 to run Nocturne against Blue? Glorious TF by Hai? Poor dade, he will die from laughter.
Watch doesn't play it, neither does DanDy or Clearlove, inSec might bring it out though, if Lee Sin/Rengar are going to be banned.

Spirit plays Noc.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 29 2014 17:58 GMT
#8410
On September 30 2014 02:56 Doctorbeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2014 02:44 Fusilero wrote:
I think we'll see nocturne before the end of worlds, pwny and yorick aren't impossible. Kennen I don't see though


No chance for Anivia anymore either.

I hope we see a Katarina or Leblanc mid before worlds ends. Udyr/Rango/Singed top/jungle would be fun too.

already saw katarina. SSW played it.

As far as nocturne, can still see it being used with Ori, or Zil combo (or both). It would be a super cheezy level 6 roam squad.
liftlift > tsm
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
September 29 2014 18:00 GMT
#8411
On September 30 2014 02:58 orzeu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2014 02:53 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On September 30 2014 02:22 wei2coolman wrote:
On September 29 2014 21:02 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On September 29 2014 17:17 krndandaman wrote:
On September 29 2014 16:25 TheYango wrote:
On September 29 2014 15:59 wei2coolman wrote:
Gleeb wasn't even regionally relevant, muchless internationally relevant. Now compare lustboy to xpecial. How much change is there really?

Lustboy also is a washed-up Korean pro and not on the level of current top Korean supports either. I don't think it's far-fetched to say the gap between Lustboy and Gleeb isn't that different from the gap between Mata and Western supports at this tournament.


I personally think that the difference between Lustboy and Gleeb is far greater than Mata and Western supports. Mata is an S-class support for sure but Yellowstar/Lemonnation are good supports that are deserving to be at the top of their region. Meanwhile Gleeb is barely LCS quality. I'm not even sure I'd take him over Kiwikid and that's saying alot.


Noone is even close to Mata outside of Heart in this world.
Madlife might be good again if he is going to be free'd from Space's prison, his vision control is top notch, not speaking about mechanics, Hachani and Gorilla in good day are close.

But only support who was relatively close to Mata is Pooh on his peak.

And Gleeb, meh, I guess, he just has that Nien syndrome to be legit in okayish teams but struggle in top-dogs.

I was super impressed with Zero when I was watching SHRC play. Especially considering he lanes with UZI without any communication, that's fucking insanity wolf status right there. As good as Imp+Mata lane imo.



Uzi/Zero is probably only botlane in the world outside of Bang/Wolf who can go even or win against imp/Mata.
Zero is best player in Starhorn by far, still getting no hype because UZIUZIUZI.

Even though, Mata is just immense after laning phase + his champion pool is bigger than Zero's.

On September 30 2014 02:44 Fusilero wrote:
I think we'll see nocturne before the end of worlds, pwny and yorick aren't impossible. Kennen I don't see though


Outside of Allen basically noone plays Nocturne, like, what will be reason for C9 to run Nocturne against Blue? Glorious TF by Hai? Poor dade, he will die from laughter.
Watch doesn't play it, neither does DanDy or Clearlove, inSec might bring it out though, if Lee Sin/Rengar are going to be banned.

Spirit plays Noc.


But will Spirit go for Nocturne ahead of Kha'Zix, J4 and Rengar, considering that his Lee Sin is banned by default, that's the question.
Allen on the other hand, if no Lee Sin/Evelynn on the table, might just give watch Kha'Zix and go for Nocturne.

#GLORIOUSBRAUMJUNGLEPLEASE.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 29 2014 18:03 GMT
#8412
We could see poppy played though, especially as a mundo counter.
liftlift > tsm
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
September 29 2014 18:08 GMT
#8413
Doesn't Yorick shit on Ryze actually?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
September 29 2014 18:33 GMT
#8414
Actually the team I suspect of Nocturne the most is C9, for some weird cheese comp or a desparate pick if elise doesn't work.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Merlin the Tuna
Profile Joined May 2011
United States57 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-29 18:57:31
September 29 2014 18:57 GMT
#8415
A full group stage with no Renekton or Shyvana (or Trundle, to a lesser extent) feels so weird.
Lmui
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada6223 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-29 19:03:36
September 29 2014 19:02 GMT
#8416
I'm hoping for the glorious return of a TF + nocturne + twitch combo.

Counters split pushing very very hard if TF goes Lichbane first since they can wreck towers. Probably best combined with Lulu top for the immense waveclear from TF+Lulu and the tankiness for noct as he dives.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
September 29 2014 19:04 GMT
#8417
China might play shyvana or jax but it's pretty unlikely, they've mostly moved away from those two.
Glorious SEA doto
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
September 29 2014 19:24 GMT
#8418
surprised we havent seen nasus yet tbh. crushes irelia/mundo/mao pretty much all the popular melee tops. I guess its because ryze is just that good and never banned for whatever reason.
I come in for the scraps
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 29 2014 19:35 GMT
#8419
On September 30 2014 04:24 VayneAuthority wrote:
surprised we havent seen nasus yet tbh. crushes irelia/mundo/mao pretty much all the popular melee tops. I guess its because ryze is just that good and never banned for whatever reason.

Bad lanes aren't really that big of an issue for pros though, mostly because they know how to play around it with laneswaps.
liftlift > tsm
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
September 29 2014 19:38 GMT
#8420
On September 30 2014 04:35 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2014 04:24 VayneAuthority wrote:
surprised we havent seen nasus yet tbh. crushes irelia/mundo/mao pretty much all the popular melee tops. I guess its because ryze is just that good and never banned for whatever reason.

Bad lanes aren't really that big of an issue for pros though, mostly because they know how to play around it with laneswaps.


doesnt really matter, some one has to stop him from pushing all game and you aren't gonna sac a carry to follow him around. 1v2 isnt even that bad for nasus lets him avoid his garbage 1-5. you can afford to lose some stacks to slow down the pace like that.
I come in for the scraps
Prev 1 419 420 421 422 423 425 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1332
ComeBackTV 510
SteadfastSC446
TaKeTV 366
LamboSC2275
Rex136
IndyStarCraft 135
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 446
LamboSC2 275
ProTech147
Rex 136
IndyStarCraft 135
BRAT_OK 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41790
Shuttle 2615
EffOrt 934
Light 917
Mini 827
Horang2 816
Soma 405
BeSt 323
Stork 323
firebathero 323
[ Show more ]
Rush 275
Snow 255
Hyuk 240
ZerO 211
ggaemo 194
Leta 102
hero 83
Pusan 72
Killer 61
Sea.KH 57
Sharp 47
sorry 40
Mind 35
Shinee 35
Mong 34
ToSsGirL 29
Shine 26
Bale 25
Trap 25
Yoon 25
Terrorterran 24
Sexy 21
soO 20
Free 15
NotJumperer 10
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8872
Dendi918
qojqva763
Fuzer 182
420jenkins139
Counter-Strike
markeloff110
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1956
crisheroes1213
XaKoH 173
Other Games
singsing1962
B2W.Neo863
Hui .197
Liquid`VortiX186
ArmadaUGS128
QueenE86
Mew2King73
ZerO(Twitch)22
Railgan19
Trikslyr17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile112
• Gemini_19 11
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• HerbMon 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2077
League of Legends
• Nemesis2794
• Jankos2315
• TFBlade1007
Other Games
• WagamamaTV194
• Shiphtur14
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 12m
Stellar Fest
22h 12m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.