• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:35
CEST 13:35
KST 20:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9697 users

[ESVTV] Gigabyte StarsWar League 2 - Page 27

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 40 Next All
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
March 26 2013 13:26 GMT
#521
On March 26 2013 22:23 niukasu1990 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 21:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
Eh... as a region, Korea is still unparalleled. CN has WE and iG, TW has TPA. But the rest of the CN/TW is rather mediocre.
Compare this to Korea who can offer Blaze/Frost, Sword, KT B as their best and still have leftover teams like Shield, KT A, LG-IM, and SKT T1


I wont say that. I think Royal and OMG is as good as Blaze/Frost, Sword or KTB

eh, Royal's roster continues to be shaky. They ought to fix that first and foremost.
OMG I haven't really watched before. Recommend me a VOD of them?
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
niukasu1990
Profile Joined July 2012
1007 Posts
March 26 2013 13:26 GMT
#522
On March 26 2013 22:19 Letmelose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 22:13 NeoIllusions wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:08 Letmelose wrote:
Did anyone else feel like Zz1tai tested the waters with his Diana, then decided it would be safe to pick a weak laner like Karthus after realizing how much better he was than the opposing mid-laner? That kid is scary, if iG upgrades their bottom lane they might become the strongest team in the world.


lol, I dunno about testing the waters but his Karthus Lay Waste and Walls were pretty much spot on. He went Abyssal instead of Nashor's on Diana too. /shrug

Imagine if iG has Uzi... :O
hi yanger


I think XiaoXiao is by far the weakest member of the team, he would hold Uzi back. The moment they get a world-class support, they might even surpass Team WE. Uzi joining iG with an elite support like Fzzf would break the competitive scene. He needs to stay in his shitty team so that the rest of the world doesn't end up quitting their jobs.


Actually, xiaoxiao is the caller of IG. IG's tactics was invented by him.
niukasu1990
Profile Joined July 2012
1007 Posts
March 26 2013 13:38 GMT
#523
On March 26 2013 22:26 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 22:23 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 21:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
Eh... as a region, Korea is still unparalleled. CN has WE and iG, TW has TPA. But the rest of the CN/TW is rather mediocre.
Compare this to Korea who can offer Blaze/Frost, Sword, KT B as their best and still have leftover teams like Shield, KT A, LG-IM, and SKT T1


I wont say that. I think Royal and OMG is as good as Blaze/Frost, Sword or KTB

eh, Royal's roster continues to be shaky. They ought to fix that first and foremost.
OMG I haven't really watched before. Recommend me a VOD of them?


I think Royal's roster will be stable since LPL has already started, and after a short period of time, it may not be as good as iG or WE, but Royal can reach the level of Blaze/frost, sword and KT B.

OMG's captain, top laner gogoing is a renown Chinese player and the most recent match of OMG is OMG crushing PE
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTMxODE0ODQ0.html

Of course PE is not that good. Recent rumor said that the new rank1 in Chinese Ladder will join PE to replace disappointing top laner aluka.
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-26 13:45:33
March 26 2013 13:40 GMT
#524
On March 26 2013 22:23 niukasu1990 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 21:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
Eh... as a region, Korea is still unparalleled. CN has WE and iG, TW has TPA. But the rest of the CN/TW is rather mediocre.
Compare this to Korea who can offer Blaze/Frost, Sword, KT B as their best and still have leftover teams like Shield, KT A, LG-IM, and SKT T1


I wont say that. I think Royal and OMG is as good as Blaze/Frost, Sword or KTB


I would say Royal Club and OMG are more at the level of MVP Ozone (managed to knock out teams such as Positive Energy and OMG in Chinese tournaments in the past) than the likes of KT Rolster B and CJ Entus Blaze. This is the first time a premier team from Korea has participated in a Chinese tournament, and it certainly has been a humbling experience.

However, I wouldn't base all these assumptions on a couple of matches in a non-LAN setting. Azubu Blaze has a 3-0 record over iG in online tournaments, MVP Ozone has a 5-0 record over TPA in online tournaments. It says very little about the relative strength of these teams, but the Chinese scene definately has the bragging rights for now.
TL+ Member
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
March 26 2013 13:44 GMT
#525
On March 26 2013 22:26 niukasu1990 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 22:19 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:13 NeoIllusions wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:08 Letmelose wrote:
Did anyone else feel like Zz1tai tested the waters with his Diana, then decided it would be safe to pick a weak laner like Karthus after realizing how much better he was than the opposing mid-laner? That kid is scary, if iG upgrades their bottom lane they might become the strongest team in the world.


lol, I dunno about testing the waters but his Karthus Lay Waste and Walls were pretty much spot on. He went Abyssal instead of Nashor's on Diana too. /shrug

Imagine if iG has Uzi... :O
hi yanger


I think XiaoXiao is by far the weakest member of the team, he would hold Uzi back. The moment they get a world-class support, they might even surpass Team WE. Uzi joining iG with an elite support like Fzzf would break the competitive scene. He needs to stay in his shitty team so that the rest of the world doesn't end up quitting their jobs.


Actually, xiaoxiao is the caller of IG. IG's tactics was invented by him.


Mechanically speaking, I think he is very subpar, and prevents iG from having a killer bottom lane. Perhaps he would serve better as a coach, and if a mechanically sound player with shot-calling experience such as Mistake could replace him, iG would become monstrously strong. It's just my opinion on the team.
TL+ Member
niukasu1990
Profile Joined July 2012
1007 Posts
March 26 2013 14:12 GMT
#526
On March 26 2013 22:40 Letmelose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 22:23 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 21:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
Eh... as a region, Korea is still unparalleled. CN has WE and iG, TW has TPA. But the rest of the CN/TW is rather mediocre.
Compare this to Korea who can offer Blaze/Frost, Sword, KT B as their best and still have leftover teams like Shield, KT A, LG-IM, and SKT T1


I wont say that. I think Royal and OMG is as good as Blaze/Frost, Sword or KTB


I would say Royal Club and OMG are more at the level of MVP Ozone (managed to knock out teams such as Positive Energy and OMG in Chinese tournaments in the past) than the likes of KT Rolster B and CJ Entus Blaze. This is the first time a premier team from Korea has participated in a Chinese tournament, and it certainly has been a humbling experience.

However, I wouldn't base all these assumptions on a couple of matches in a non-LAN setting. Azubu Blaze has a 3-0 record over iG in online tournaments, MVP Ozone has a 5-0 record over TPA in online tournaments. It says very little about the relative strength of these teams, but the Chinese scene definately has the bragging rights for now.


I totally agree with u. Like SWL, I really don't think IG WE Najin Sword prepare because of OGN and LPL. They are using the same strategy. They are just using the basic mechanic skill and understanding and cooperation. Maybe only TPA TPS take it serious.
But I don't think the level of a team can be judged by a LAN settings game either. The only way to know which team is better to play at least 10game in a short period of time. For example, when weixiao castes the ogn winter final, he stated that we vs Najin sword was 50:50 and they always practice together at that time. I think that is convincing.
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
March 26 2013 14:37 GMT
#527
On March 26 2013 23:12 niukasu1990 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 22:40 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:23 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 21:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
Eh... as a region, Korea is still unparalleled. CN has WE and iG, TW has TPA. But the rest of the CN/TW is rather mediocre.
Compare this to Korea who can offer Blaze/Frost, Sword, KT B as their best and still have leftover teams like Shield, KT A, LG-IM, and SKT T1


I wont say that. I think Royal and OMG is as good as Blaze/Frost, Sword or KTB


I would say Royal Club and OMG are more at the level of MVP Ozone (managed to knock out teams such as Positive Energy and OMG in Chinese tournaments in the past) than the likes of KT Rolster B and CJ Entus Blaze. This is the first time a premier team from Korea has participated in a Chinese tournament, and it certainly has been a humbling experience.

However, I wouldn't base all these assumptions on a couple of matches in a non-LAN setting. Azubu Blaze has a 3-0 record over iG in online tournaments, MVP Ozone has a 5-0 record over TPA in online tournaments. It says very little about the relative strength of these teams, but the Chinese scene definately has the bragging rights for now.


I totally agree with u. Like SWL, I really don't think IG WE Najin Sword prepare because of OGN and LPL. They are using the same strategy. They are just using the basic mechanic skill and understanding and cooperation. Maybe only TPA TPS take it serious.
But I don't think the level of a team can be judged by a LAN settings game either. The only way to know which team is better to play at least 10game in a short period of time. For example, when weixiao castes the ogn winter final, he stated that we vs Najin sword was 50:50 and they always practice together at that time. I think that is convincing.


I'm not sure if scrims are the best way to judge a team either, because I've heard Reapered commentating back when he was in Azubu Blaze, and he claimed that they would scrim against TPA, and they'd lose maybe once every one hundred games or so. Practice games are just practice games, no matter how many games there are.

There's just not enough cross-regional play right now, so we have to assume a lot on the few LAN and online tournaments that comes along. Based on the results of SWL S2 alone, we could assume that the top two teams in China are better than the top two teams in Korea (iG > NJS), the top 5~6 teams of China (Positive Energy, Royal Club) are comparable with the top 6~8 teams of Korea (MVP Ozone). However, these assumptions would become more accurate once we have more cross-regional games in a LAN setting. Since Riot made that next to impossible, us Koreans will have to wait our turn until the S3 World Championships. Maybe Najin Sword is pulling off what Taipei Assassins did, and are dicking around pretending to be weak in online tournaments to induce overconfidence in their enemies.
TL+ Member
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-26 17:50:14
March 26 2013 17:46 GMT
#528
On March 26 2013 22:19 Letmelose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 22:13 NeoIllusions wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:08 Letmelose wrote:
Did anyone else feel like Zz1tai tested the waters with his Diana, then decided it would be safe to pick a weak laner like Karthus after realizing how much better he was than the opposing mid-laner? That kid is scary, if iG upgrades their bottom lane they might become the strongest team in the world.


lol, I dunno about testing the waters but his Karthus Lay Waste and Walls were pretty much spot on. He went Abyssal instead of Nashor's on Diana too. /shrug

Imagine if iG has Uzi... :O
hi yanger


I think XiaoXiao is by far the weakest member of the team, he would hold Uzi back. The moment they get a world-class support, they might even surpass Team WE. Uzi joining iG with an elite support like Fzzf would break the competitive scene. He needs to stay in his shitty team so that the rest of the world doesn't end up quitting their jobs.

If there's a weak link on iG it's Illusion, not XiaoXiao. He has less stand-out *bad* plays, but in general, his play is just less inspired.

Though I don't believe any of iG's weaknesses lie in individual ability on any player. It's more their general teamplay/map movement/objective control.
Moderator
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-27 03:26:21
March 27 2013 03:02 GMT
#529
On March 27 2013 02:46 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 22:19 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:13 NeoIllusions wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:08 Letmelose wrote:
Did anyone else feel like Zz1tai tested the waters with his Diana, then decided it would be safe to pick a weak laner like Karthus after realizing how much better he was than the opposing mid-laner? That kid is scary, if iG upgrades their bottom lane they might become the strongest team in the world.


lol, I dunno about testing the waters but his Karthus Lay Waste and Walls were pretty much spot on. He went Abyssal instead of Nashor's on Diana too. /shrug

Imagine if iG has Uzi... :O
hi yanger


I think XiaoXiao is by far the weakest member of the team, he would hold Uzi back. The moment they get a world-class support, they might even surpass Team WE. Uzi joining iG with an elite support like Fzzf would break the competitive scene. He needs to stay in his shitty team so that the rest of the world doesn't end up quitting their jobs.

If there's a weak link on iG it's Illusion, not XiaoXiao. He has less stand-out *bad* plays, but in general, his play is just less inspired.

Though I don't believe any of iG's weaknesses lie in individual ability on any player. It's more their general teamplay/map movement/objective control.


You've seen more of the team, so I wouldn't question that statement. I base my judgement soley on the few iG matches and some streams, and my uninformed impression is that their bottom lane doesn't quite pack the punch I expect from an elite Chinese team. I shudder at the thought of an iG team that has a bottom lane strength of say... Royal Club. I would lose hope. XiaoXiao brings me hope, that's all.

Or to put things another way. I've never been overly amazed by iG's team coordination as a whole. However, I was very impressed by their individual skills, their laning capacities, especially so for Zz1tai and PDD. That sharp contrast between seeing Zz1tai just pure manhandle one of the best mid-laners in Korea with his skills, then seeing what XiaoXiao... it's like the most noticable thing to a novice viewer.
TL+ Member
Arbax
Profile Joined June 2012
United States80 Posts
March 27 2013 17:30 GMT
#530
On March 26 2013 23:37 Letmelose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 23:12 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:40 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:23 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 21:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
Eh... as a region, Korea is still unparalleled. CN has WE and iG, TW has TPA. But the rest of the CN/TW is rather mediocre.
Compare this to Korea who can offer Blaze/Frost, Sword, KT B as their best and still have leftover teams like Shield, KT A, LG-IM, and SKT T1


I wont say that. I think Royal and OMG is as good as Blaze/Frost, Sword or KTB


I would say Royal Club and OMG are more at the level of MVP Ozone (managed to knock out teams such as Positive Energy and OMG in Chinese tournaments in the past) than the likes of KT Rolster B and CJ Entus Blaze. This is the first time a premier team from Korea has participated in a Chinese tournament, and it certainly has been a humbling experience.

However, I wouldn't base all these assumptions on a couple of matches in a non-LAN setting. Azubu Blaze has a 3-0 record over iG in online tournaments, MVP Ozone has a 5-0 record over TPA in online tournaments. It says very little about the relative strength of these teams, but the Chinese scene definately has the bragging rights for now.


I totally agree with u. Like SWL, I really don't think IG WE Najin Sword prepare because of OGN and LPL. They are using the same strategy. They are just using the basic mechanic skill and understanding and cooperation. Maybe only TPA TPS take it serious.
But I don't think the level of a team can be judged by a LAN settings game either. The only way to know which team is better to play at least 10game in a short period of time. For example, when weixiao castes the ogn winter final, he stated that we vs Najin sword was 50:50 and they always practice together at that time. I think that is convincing.


I'm not sure if scrims are the best way to judge a team either, because I've heard Reapered commentating back when he was in Azubu Blaze, and he claimed that they would scrim against TPA, and they'd lose maybe once every one hundred games or so. Practice games are just practice games, no matter how many games there are.

There's just not enough cross-regional play right now, so we have to assume a lot on the few LAN and online tournaments that comes along. Based on the results of SWL S2 alone, we could assume that the top two teams in China are better than the top two teams in Korea (iG > NJS), the top 5~6 teams of China (Positive Energy, Royal Club) are comparable with the top 6~8 teams of Korea (MVP Ozone). However, these assumptions would become more accurate once we have more cross-regional games in a LAN setting. Since Riot made that next to impossible, us Koreans will have to wait our turn until the S3 World Championships. Maybe Najin Sword is pulling off what Taipei Assassins did, and are dicking around pretending to be weak in online tournaments to induce overconfidence in their enemies.


I think theres too much assumption being made over too little info... Also isnt SWL in held in china? and matches played on the chinese server?, wouldnt the chinese teams have an edge over Taiwan/korean teams just based on that alone? with lag issues/pings etc potentially? If thats the case, cant say that TEAM A is better then TEAM B, when TEAM B has to play with a handicap.

I guess in essence it goes same for Lan setting, and the "home field" advantage, but they do try to limit that as much as possible via sound proof headsets/booths in Lan...

In short... we will see, I think most of the top asian teams are just that.. At the top of the world, with no way to really measure who is #1, until we gain more results in an EQUAL setting.
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
March 27 2013 19:04 GMT
#531
On March 28 2013 02:30 Arbax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 23:37 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 23:12 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:40 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:23 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 21:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
Eh... as a region, Korea is still unparalleled. CN has WE and iG, TW has TPA. But the rest of the CN/TW is rather mediocre.
Compare this to Korea who can offer Blaze/Frost, Sword, KT B as their best and still have leftover teams like Shield, KT A, LG-IM, and SKT T1


I wont say that. I think Royal and OMG is as good as Blaze/Frost, Sword or KTB


I would say Royal Club and OMG are more at the level of MVP Ozone (managed to knock out teams such as Positive Energy and OMG in Chinese tournaments in the past) than the likes of KT Rolster B and CJ Entus Blaze. This is the first time a premier team from Korea has participated in a Chinese tournament, and it certainly has been a humbling experience.

However, I wouldn't base all these assumptions on a couple of matches in a non-LAN setting. Azubu Blaze has a 3-0 record over iG in online tournaments, MVP Ozone has a 5-0 record over TPA in online tournaments. It says very little about the relative strength of these teams, but the Chinese scene definately has the bragging rights for now.


I totally agree with u. Like SWL, I really don't think IG WE Najin Sword prepare because of OGN and LPL. They are using the same strategy. They are just using the basic mechanic skill and understanding and cooperation. Maybe only TPA TPS take it serious.
But I don't think the level of a team can be judged by a LAN settings game either. The only way to know which team is better to play at least 10game in a short period of time. For example, when weixiao castes the ogn winter final, he stated that we vs Najin sword was 50:50 and they always practice together at that time. I think that is convincing.


I'm not sure if scrims are the best way to judge a team either, because I've heard Reapered commentating back when he was in Azubu Blaze, and he claimed that they would scrim against TPA, and they'd lose maybe once every one hundred games or so. Practice games are just practice games, no matter how many games there are.

There's just not enough cross-regional play right now, so we have to assume a lot on the few LAN and online tournaments that comes along. Based on the results of SWL S2 alone, we could assume that the top two teams in China are better than the top two teams in Korea (iG > NJS), the top 5~6 teams of China (Positive Energy, Royal Club) are comparable with the top 6~8 teams of Korea (MVP Ozone). However, these assumptions would become more accurate once we have more cross-regional games in a LAN setting. Since Riot made that next to impossible, us Koreans will have to wait our turn until the S3 World Championships. Maybe Najin Sword is pulling off what Taipei Assassins did, and are dicking around pretending to be weak in online tournaments to induce overconfidence in their enemies.


I think theres too much assumption being made over too little info... Also isnt SWL in held in china? and matches played on the chinese server?, wouldnt the chinese teams have an edge over Taiwan/korean teams just based on that alone? with lag issues/pings etc potentially? If thats the case, cant say that TEAM A is better then TEAM B, when TEAM B has to play with a handicap.

I guess in essence it goes same for Lan setting, and the "home field" advantage, but they do try to limit that as much as possible via sound proof headsets/booths in Lan...

In short... we will see, I think most of the top asian teams are just that.. At the top of the world, with no way to really measure who is #1, until we gain more results in an EQUAL setting.


To be quite honest, many people will draw such conclusions whether it is accurate or not. I've stated before that online games fail to represent the relative strengths of the teams involved compared to games done in LAN settings. However, if online tournaments with really buggy graphics for the players and bad pings are the only measurestick we have to compare the relative strengths of the Asian scene, an inaccurate assessment will have to do for now.

LAN tournaments are really unfair when comparing the relative strengths of each scenes also, the negative influences just happen to be not as obvious to the viewer (in online tournaments you can actually see on screen professionals struggling with heavy lag issues). The obvious homefield advantage (players are often affected by heavily biased crowds), the issue of jet-lag in many cases, and the general situation of foreign teams having to play under unfamiliar circumstances may influence the in-game performance of players almost as much as technical difficulties faced during online tournaments. There are no equal settings, but we judge teams by their LAN performances because at least under LAN settings nothing can DIRECTLY interfere in-game situations (unless you are World Elite about to knock out CLG EU).

Plus we have to consider the likelihood of the "home team" winning of a competition held in their region is more likely because of the numbers involved. A tournament hosted in Europe will most likely have a better representation of the European teams than for any other region. Likewise, SWL S2 will most likely be won by a Chinese team too, partly because the Chinese scene has been represented the best in this tournament. Judgements will be drawn regardless of the numerous factors involved, and we have to deal with that. I'd love for all the very best Chinese, Korean and Taiwanese teams to compete in a neutral venue to see which region is truly the best, but we all know that is never going to happen.
TL+ Member
Kyo Yuy
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1286 Posts
March 27 2013 20:07 GMT
#532
On March 28 2013 04:04 Letmelose wrote:
Plus we have to consider the likelihood of the "home team" winning of a competition held in their region is more likely because of the numbers involved. A tournament hosted in Europe will most likely have a better representation of the European teams than for any other region. Likewise, SWL S2 will most likely be won by a Chinese team too, partly because the Chinese scene has been represented the best in this tournament. Judgements will be drawn regardless of the numerous factors involved, and we have to deal with that. I'd love for all the very best Chinese, Korean and Taiwanese teams to compete in a neutral venue to see which region is truly the best, but we all know that is never going to happen.

Unfortunately... this does not seem to be the case with American tournaments.

American teams have historically lost to European and Asian teams even with a home field advantage.

Assuming season 3 world finals will be in the US again, that'll be the closest we get to a "neutral venue" for Chinese, Korean, and Taiwanese teams. As far as I can tell, the American crowd generally doesn't favor a particular Asian region over another.
#1 KawaiiRice fan :D
niukasu1990
Profile Joined July 2012
1007 Posts
March 27 2013 23:44 GMT
#533
On March 28 2013 02:30 Arbax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 23:37 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 23:12 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:40 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:23 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 21:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
Eh... as a region, Korea is still unparalleled. CN has WE and iG, TW has TPA. But the rest of the CN/TW is rather mediocre.
Compare this to Korea who can offer Blaze/Frost, Sword, KT B as their best and still have leftover teams like Shield, KT A, LG-IM, and SKT T1


I wont say that. I think Royal and OMG is as good as Blaze/Frost, Sword or KTB


I would say Royal Club and OMG are more at the level of MVP Ozone (managed to knock out teams such as Positive Energy and OMG in Chinese tournaments in the past) than the likes of KT Rolster B and CJ Entus Blaze. This is the first time a premier team from Korea has participated in a Chinese tournament, and it certainly has been a humbling experience.

However, I wouldn't base all these assumptions on a couple of matches in a non-LAN setting. Azubu Blaze has a 3-0 record over iG in online tournaments, MVP Ozone has a 5-0 record over TPA in online tournaments. It says very little about the relative strength of these teams, but the Chinese scene definately has the bragging rights for now.


I totally agree with u. Like SWL, I really don't think IG WE Najin Sword prepare because of OGN and LPL. They are using the same strategy. They are just using the basic mechanic skill and understanding and cooperation. Maybe only TPA TPS take it serious.
But I don't think the level of a team can be judged by a LAN settings game either. The only way to know which team is better to play at least 10game in a short period of time. For example, when weixiao castes the ogn winter final, he stated that we vs Najin sword was 50:50 and they always practice together at that time. I think that is convincing.


I'm not sure if scrims are the best way to judge a team either, because I've heard Reapered commentating back when he was in Azubu Blaze, and he claimed that they would scrim against TPA, and they'd lose maybe once every one hundred games or so. Practice games are just practice games, no matter how many games there are.

There's just not enough cross-regional play right now, so we have to assume a lot on the few LAN and online tournaments that comes along. Based on the results of SWL S2 alone, we could assume that the top two teams in China are better than the top two teams in Korea (iG > NJS), the top 5~6 teams of China (Positive Energy, Royal Club) are comparable with the top 6~8 teams of Korea (MVP Ozone). However, these assumptions would become more accurate once we have more cross-regional games in a LAN setting. Since Riot made that next to impossible, us Koreans will have to wait our turn until the S3 World Championships. Maybe Najin Sword is pulling off what Taipei Assassins did, and are dicking around pretending to be weak in online tournaments to induce overconfidence in their enemies.


I think theres too much assumption being made over too little info... Also isnt SWL in held in china? and matches played on the chinese server?, wouldnt the chinese teams have an edge over Taiwan/korean teams just based on that alone? with lag issues/pings etc potentially? If thats the case, cant say that TEAM A is better then TEAM B, when TEAM B has to play with a handicap.

I guess in essence it goes same for Lan setting, and the "home field" advantage, but they do try to limit that as much as possible via sound proof headsets/booths in Lan...

In short... we will see, I think most of the top asian teams are just that.. At the top of the world, with no way to really measure who is #1, until we gain more results in an EQUAL setting.


It is on TW server, which is equal for Korean and Chinese teams
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
March 28 2013 04:29 GMT
#534
On March 28 2013 08:44 niukasu1990 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 02:30 Arbax wrote:
On March 26 2013 23:37 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 23:12 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:40 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:23 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 21:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
Eh... as a region, Korea is still unparalleled. CN has WE and iG, TW has TPA. But the rest of the CN/TW is rather mediocre.
Compare this to Korea who can offer Blaze/Frost, Sword, KT B as their best and still have leftover teams like Shield, KT A, LG-IM, and SKT T1


I wont say that. I think Royal and OMG is as good as Blaze/Frost, Sword or KTB


I would say Royal Club and OMG are more at the level of MVP Ozone (managed to knock out teams such as Positive Energy and OMG in Chinese tournaments in the past) than the likes of KT Rolster B and CJ Entus Blaze. This is the first time a premier team from Korea has participated in a Chinese tournament, and it certainly has been a humbling experience.

However, I wouldn't base all these assumptions on a couple of matches in a non-LAN setting. Azubu Blaze has a 3-0 record over iG in online tournaments, MVP Ozone has a 5-0 record over TPA in online tournaments. It says very little about the relative strength of these teams, but the Chinese scene definately has the bragging rights for now.


I totally agree with u. Like SWL, I really don't think IG WE Najin Sword prepare because of OGN and LPL. They are using the same strategy. They are just using the basic mechanic skill and understanding and cooperation. Maybe only TPA TPS take it serious.
But I don't think the level of a team can be judged by a LAN settings game either. The only way to know which team is better to play at least 10game in a short period of time. For example, when weixiao castes the ogn winter final, he stated that we vs Najin sword was 50:50 and they always practice together at that time. I think that is convincing.


I'm not sure if scrims are the best way to judge a team either, because I've heard Reapered commentating back when he was in Azubu Blaze, and he claimed that they would scrim against TPA, and they'd lose maybe once every one hundred games or so. Practice games are just practice games, no matter how many games there are.

There's just not enough cross-regional play right now, so we have to assume a lot on the few LAN and online tournaments that comes along. Based on the results of SWL S2 alone, we could assume that the top two teams in China are better than the top two teams in Korea (iG > NJS), the top 5~6 teams of China (Positive Energy, Royal Club) are comparable with the top 6~8 teams of Korea (MVP Ozone). However, these assumptions would become more accurate once we have more cross-regional games in a LAN setting. Since Riot made that next to impossible, us Koreans will have to wait our turn until the S3 World Championships. Maybe Najin Sword is pulling off what Taipei Assassins did, and are dicking around pretending to be weak in online tournaments to induce overconfidence in their enemies.


I think theres too much assumption being made over too little info... Also isnt SWL in held in china? and matches played on the chinese server?, wouldnt the chinese teams have an edge over Taiwan/korean teams just based on that alone? with lag issues/pings etc potentially? If thats the case, cant say that TEAM A is better then TEAM B, when TEAM B has to play with a handicap.

I guess in essence it goes same for Lan setting, and the "home field" advantage, but they do try to limit that as much as possible via sound proof headsets/booths in Lan...

In short... we will see, I think most of the top asian teams are just that.. At the top of the world, with no way to really measure who is #1, until we gain more results in an EQUAL setting.


It is on TW server, which is equal for Korean and Chinese teams


It is indeed played on the Taiwanese server, which is more beneficial towards the Chinese teams. If you take a look at the loading screen before the games, the ping ranges from from 50~80 for Korean players and is in the 20~40 for the Chinese players. Even counting the obvious disadvantage Korean players had with ping issues, numerous players have complaints of technical issues with sprites, and played these games without having visual effects that they take for granted. Granted, all of this is a minor issue in the grand scope of things, but some Korean players have blamed their poor performances on the numerous technical difficulties they had.
TL+ Member
niukasu1990
Profile Joined July 2012
1007 Posts
March 28 2013 09:34 GMT
#535
On March 28 2013 13:29 Letmelose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 08:44 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 28 2013 02:30 Arbax wrote:
On March 26 2013 23:37 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 23:12 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:40 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:23 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 21:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
Eh... as a region, Korea is still unparalleled. CN has WE and iG, TW has TPA. But the rest of the CN/TW is rather mediocre.
Compare this to Korea who can offer Blaze/Frost, Sword, KT B as their best and still have leftover teams like Shield, KT A, LG-IM, and SKT T1


I wont say that. I think Royal and OMG is as good as Blaze/Frost, Sword or KTB


I would say Royal Club and OMG are more at the level of MVP Ozone (managed to knock out teams such as Positive Energy and OMG in Chinese tournaments in the past) than the likes of KT Rolster B and CJ Entus Blaze. This is the first time a premier team from Korea has participated in a Chinese tournament, and it certainly has been a humbling experience.

However, I wouldn't base all these assumptions on a couple of matches in a non-LAN setting. Azubu Blaze has a 3-0 record over iG in online tournaments, MVP Ozone has a 5-0 record over TPA in online tournaments. It says very little about the relative strength of these teams, but the Chinese scene definately has the bragging rights for now.


I totally agree with u. Like SWL, I really don't think IG WE Najin Sword prepare because of OGN and LPL. They are using the same strategy. They are just using the basic mechanic skill and understanding and cooperation. Maybe only TPA TPS take it serious.
But I don't think the level of a team can be judged by a LAN settings game either. The only way to know which team is better to play at least 10game in a short period of time. For example, when weixiao castes the ogn winter final, he stated that we vs Najin sword was 50:50 and they always practice together at that time. I think that is convincing.


I'm not sure if scrims are the best way to judge a team either, because I've heard Reapered commentating back when he was in Azubu Blaze, and he claimed that they would scrim against TPA, and they'd lose maybe once every one hundred games or so. Practice games are just practice games, no matter how many games there are.

There's just not enough cross-regional play right now, so we have to assume a lot on the few LAN and online tournaments that comes along. Based on the results of SWL S2 alone, we could assume that the top two teams in China are better than the top two teams in Korea (iG > NJS), the top 5~6 teams of China (Positive Energy, Royal Club) are comparable with the top 6~8 teams of Korea (MVP Ozone). However, these assumptions would become more accurate once we have more cross-regional games in a LAN setting. Since Riot made that next to impossible, us Koreans will have to wait our turn until the S3 World Championships. Maybe Najin Sword is pulling off what Taipei Assassins did, and are dicking around pretending to be weak in online tournaments to induce overconfidence in their enemies.


I think theres too much assumption being made over too little info... Also isnt SWL in held in china? and matches played on the chinese server?, wouldnt the chinese teams have an edge over Taiwan/korean teams just based on that alone? with lag issues/pings etc potentially? If thats the case, cant say that TEAM A is better then TEAM B, when TEAM B has to play with a handicap.

I guess in essence it goes same for Lan setting, and the "home field" advantage, but they do try to limit that as much as possible via sound proof headsets/booths in Lan...

In short... we will see, I think most of the top asian teams are just that.. At the top of the world, with no way to really measure who is #1, until we gain more results in an EQUAL setting.


It is on TW server, which is equal for Korean and Chinese teams


It is indeed played on the Taiwanese server, which is more beneficial towards the Chinese teams. If you take a look at the loading screen before the games, the ping ranges from from 50~80 for Korean players and is in the 20~40 for the Chinese players. Even counting the obvious disadvantage Korean players had with ping issues, numerous players have complaints of technical issues with sprites, and played these games without having visual effects that they take for granted. Granted, all of this is a minor issue in the grand scope of things, but some Korean players have blamed their poor performances on the numerous technical difficulties they had.


Yes, TW means Taiwan. It is hard for me to believe that the ping is only 20-40 for Chinese, maybe they are using extremely good VPN . I think 20-40 is for Taiwanese. For the visual effect, do u mean that match between Royal and Sword? I do think riot and garena should work on it
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-28 10:07:31
March 28 2013 10:06 GMT
#536
On March 28 2013 18:34 niukasu1990 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 13:29 Letmelose wrote:
On March 28 2013 08:44 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 28 2013 02:30 Arbax wrote:
On March 26 2013 23:37 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 23:12 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:40 Letmelose wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:23 niukasu1990 wrote:
On March 26 2013 21:46 NeoIllusions wrote:
Eh... as a region, Korea is still unparalleled. CN has WE and iG, TW has TPA. But the rest of the CN/TW is rather mediocre.
Compare this to Korea who can offer Blaze/Frost, Sword, KT B as their best and still have leftover teams like Shield, KT A, LG-IM, and SKT T1


I wont say that. I think Royal and OMG is as good as Blaze/Frost, Sword or KTB


I would say Royal Club and OMG are more at the level of MVP Ozone (managed to knock out teams such as Positive Energy and OMG in Chinese tournaments in the past) than the likes of KT Rolster B and CJ Entus Blaze. This is the first time a premier team from Korea has participated in a Chinese tournament, and it certainly has been a humbling experience.

However, I wouldn't base all these assumptions on a couple of matches in a non-LAN setting. Azubu Blaze has a 3-0 record over iG in online tournaments, MVP Ozone has a 5-0 record over TPA in online tournaments. It says very little about the relative strength of these teams, but the Chinese scene definately has the bragging rights for now.


I totally agree with u. Like SWL, I really don't think IG WE Najin Sword prepare because of OGN and LPL. They are using the same strategy. They are just using the basic mechanic skill and understanding and cooperation. Maybe only TPA TPS take it serious.
But I don't think the level of a team can be judged by a LAN settings game either. The only way to know which team is better to play at least 10game in a short period of time. For example, when weixiao castes the ogn winter final, he stated that we vs Najin sword was 50:50 and they always practice together at that time. I think that is convincing.


I'm not sure if scrims are the best way to judge a team either, because I've heard Reapered commentating back when he was in Azubu Blaze, and he claimed that they would scrim against TPA, and they'd lose maybe once every one hundred games or so. Practice games are just practice games, no matter how many games there are.

There's just not enough cross-regional play right now, so we have to assume a lot on the few LAN and online tournaments that comes along. Based on the results of SWL S2 alone, we could assume that the top two teams in China are better than the top two teams in Korea (iG > NJS), the top 5~6 teams of China (Positive Energy, Royal Club) are comparable with the top 6~8 teams of Korea (MVP Ozone). However, these assumptions would become more accurate once we have more cross-regional games in a LAN setting. Since Riot made that next to impossible, us Koreans will have to wait our turn until the S3 World Championships. Maybe Najin Sword is pulling off what Taipei Assassins did, and are dicking around pretending to be weak in online tournaments to induce overconfidence in their enemies.


I think theres too much assumption being made over too little info... Also isnt SWL in held in china? and matches played on the chinese server?, wouldnt the chinese teams have an edge over Taiwan/korean teams just based on that alone? with lag issues/pings etc potentially? If thats the case, cant say that TEAM A is better then TEAM B, when TEAM B has to play with a handicap.

I guess in essence it goes same for Lan setting, and the "home field" advantage, but they do try to limit that as much as possible via sound proof headsets/booths in Lan...

In short... we will see, I think most of the top asian teams are just that.. At the top of the world, with no way to really measure who is #1, until we gain more results in an EQUAL setting.


It is on TW server, which is equal for Korean and Chinese teams


It is indeed played on the Taiwanese server, which is more beneficial towards the Chinese teams. If you take a look at the loading screen before the games, the ping ranges from from 50~80 for Korean players and is in the 20~40 for the Chinese players. Even counting the obvious disadvantage Korean players had with ping issues, numerous players have complaints of technical issues with sprites, and played these games without having visual effects that they take for granted. Granted, all of this is a minor issue in the grand scope of things, but some Korean players have blamed their poor performances on the numerous technical difficulties they had.


Yes, TW means Taiwan. It is hard for me to believe that the ping is only 20-40 for Chinese, maybe they are using extremely good VPN . I think 20-40 is for Taiwanese. For the visual effect, do u mean that match between Royal and Sword? I do think riot and garena should work on it


I can't don't remember the exact numbers, I do remember noticing some differences between Korean and Chinese teams when the loading screen would pop up, just before the game starts. The ping numbers for Korean teams would generally be twice as high as those for the Chinese teams, and I literally would never see a Korean team with a better ping than a Chinese team for whatever reasons. Perhaps you would like to check the numbers yourself by looking at past VODs.
TL+ Member
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
March 28 2013 10:39 GMT
#537
Lets do it! WE vs TPA !
Leaugepedia links
http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/GIGABYTE_StarsWar_League/Season_2#Schedule!!

I am ready!!~
Terran
Norada
Profile Joined August 2010
China482 Posts
March 28 2013 10:56 GMT
#538
this gun be goooood
Serelitz
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands2895 Posts
March 28 2013 11:21 GMT
#539
Jungle alistar, Olaf top lane? Cool stuff.
qanik
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1899 Posts
March 28 2013 11:26 GMT
#540
Is the english stream not up or is my internet really that awful.
Best Teemo World
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV298
Rex64
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko333
ProTech130
Rex 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27913
Soma 815
Hyuk 703
Jaedong 699
actioN 600
Soulkey 498
Horang2 390
Larva 323
BeSt 316
Mini 246
[ Show more ]
910 236
Stork 198
Light 186
EffOrt 160
Snow 151
Last 128
Pusan 106
ggaemo 97
ZerO 88
Rush 69
Mind 51
Mong 47
Killer 43
Shinee 39
Creator 37
hero 30
Bale 24
Sharp 21
HiyA 16
sorry 16
yabsab 14
Noble 12
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6561
Dendi217
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1543
markeloff81
kRYSTAL_30
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2711
Khaldor980
Other Games
gofns40094
singsing1371
XBOCT308
B2W.Neo286
Pyrionflax258
DeMusliM250
Mew2King74
ArmadaUGS64
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream173
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH330
• StrangeGG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1274
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 25m
The PondCast
22h 25m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.