• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:33
CEST 22:33
KST 05:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7457 users

[Champion] Nami - Page 2

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
March 14 2013 01:41 GMT
#21
I skip her E entirely. I think it sucks and eats up too much mana. Wow 5 second duration =\. It's useful for the speed boost but that's about it. Her Q and W are both quite good so I just level her Q instead of E after W maxes and it's pretty good for laning once your Q starts hitting pretty hard. I recommend everyone giving it a shot since her Q isn't actually too difficult to hit with.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-14 13:25:28
March 14 2013 13:23 GMT
#22
I started doing a lot better as Nami when I started maxing E second instead of Q, to be honest. The slow on autoattack is no joke. Use it on yourself in lane to harass, use it on anyone else when there's a serious fight going on.

It just makes your Q so much easier to reliably land, too.

Besides, it's getting a duration buff next patch (5->8 sec)
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
March 14 2013 14:24 GMT
#23
On March 12 2013 01:06 Sponkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2013 23:37 Sufficiency wrote:
Mana Manipulator is a snowball item that you build when you are ahead.



No it isn't. If you're snowballing it's actually efficient to buy gp10 and then build into your aegis/locket/shard of true ice.


Why would you want so much mp5 anyways?


Not really. GP10 items are the least efficient when it comes to its bonuses. You get GP10 items when you are ahead because you can afford to, not because you want to snowball.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
March 14 2013 14:25 GMT
#24
On March 14 2013 22:23 sylverfyre wrote:
I started doing a lot better as Nami when I started maxing E second instead of Q, to be honest. The slow on autoattack is no joke. Use it on yourself in lane to harass, use it on anyone else when there's a serious fight going on.

It just makes your Q so much easier to reliably land, too.

Besides, it's getting a duration buff next patch (5->8 sec)


Reduced to 6 on PBE.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-14 15:34:34
March 14 2013 15:19 GMT
#25
8 seconds might have been too long, since the cooldown starts when you cast it which would potentially allow two near back-to-back use of it.

If you run the numbers on it, it's nothing special, really (255 damage and 3 second 35% slow predicated on landing 3 autos), and it's clearly inferior to something like Janna's Zephyr. I can't help but feel this spell is oddly "weak" for a support spell when you're used to stuff like bloodboil, astral blessing or eye of the storm.

It doesn't mean you shouldn't max it second or even first, though.
Bladeorade
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1898 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-14 15:32:30
March 14 2013 15:27 GMT
#26
Her E is the best part of her kit...

If I am in a lane I can max E in the lane is so easy to win, or if you get an advantage and leave W at 2 then max E. The bonus damage and slow % is awesome and guarentees you will land your Q. E is also her best skill in team fights for letting your ADC kite, the R slow will likely not last very long at close range. The E slow combined with the passive speed boost is so strong.

Of course if you can land an RQ combo on a lot of people thats awesome but if not she is still great at peeling.


Also I have been doing the mp5 3 ward 3 pot start into philo -> sigh stone -> Shurelias

I find shurelias to be more impactful on her than a lot of other supports combined with her R so I agree with the op there. I then get ruby sightstone, kages and start stacking pink wards. Over time I like to build up Twin Shadows. I really like it on Nami. The long range slow can catch people out. Normally you can't land R over a range but Twin really allows you more options. It's a great late game pickup for her.

At some point I also build Lucidity boots on her and thats pretty much my final build
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
March 14 2013 19:01 GMT
#27
if you don't like Nami E I don't know why you picked this champion.
Carrilord has arrived.
Cheap0
Profile Joined July 2012
United States540 Posts
March 14 2013 19:56 GMT
#28
I used to max E. Then I switched to leveling W and I started doing a lot better.

E's more useful for snowballing a lane, I'll agree to that, but overall, I just think W is much better to put levels in earlier on. The amount of impact it can have in a single cast is pretty significant in terms of amount healed and damage dealt. Putting points in Tidecaller's means that when you use it, you need to be able to get the auto's off to make it effective, and in exchange, you still get less damage (and no heal) than if you'd just used a W. You also lose out on the sustain, and take a greater risk.
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
March 14 2013 22:25 GMT
#29
On March 15 2013 04:01 Slusher wrote:
if you don't like Nami E I don't know why you picked this champion.



When I first picked Nami maxed E. Figured people were just doing it wrong putting it on ADC and instead I just used it on myself to trade etc. Had a sucky time most of the lanes because my heal wasn't enough and the other team just stunned and wombo'd combo because slow doesn't do much if they're committed to trading with you anyway. Characters like Leona or Taric just outright laughed at you. Switched to maxing W then Q skipping E entirely. Won lane ever since even if my adc sucked because the damage during trades swings so heavily in your favor.

Her Q and W are quite good and on very manageable cooldown. Her ult's also pretty useful as a follow up and zone control. Like I said, try RWQE skipping E for last till the skill gets a buff. At the moment a 5 second duration is crap.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
March 14 2013 22:26 GMT
#30
On March 15 2013 04:56 Cheap0 wrote:
I used to max E. Then I switched to leveling W and I started doing a lot better.

E's more useful for snowballing a lane, I'll agree to that, but overall, I just think W is much better to put levels in earlier on. The amount of impact it can have in a single cast is pretty significant in terms of amount healed and damage dealt. Putting points in Tidecaller's means that when you use it, you need to be able to get the auto's off to make it effective, and in exchange, you still get less damage (and no heal) than if you'd just used a W. You also lose out on the sustain, and take a greater risk.


That's what I feel as well. E's slow is great, but without any other sources of damage, a slow is just a slow - fairly useless. E does not provide an OP amount of damage by itself and requires 3 autos.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
March 14 2013 22:40 GMT
#31
the reason why you want tidecaller's blessing is because you can force bot lane fights with the slow, and 15% slow just doesn't cut it. that's why if you're ahead you want to get levels on it as much as possible because you can get more ahead by forcing them to fight at disadvantages.

ebb and flow is actually better in the fight, but you can't initiate, you can only react. it's also easier to hit bubbles when they engage on you, whereas if you want to engage on them you generally need either someone else's CC, or tidecaller's blessing.

it's definitely situational over what to level first, some lanes you can afford to be aggressive, other lanes you have to be passive.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 00:57:05
March 15 2013 00:50 GMT
#32
I'm not trying to find ways to use Nami, so much as trying to find reasons to pick nami, if you just want poke that comes with heals she isn't better than Sona. And for the record I do agree that if your AD isn't halping with the harassment that you should opt to go with W, it's in the OP, I'm trying to state that your goal should be to stop at 2 points if the lane allows for it.

Like when I'm sitting in select and I look at the other team, if my goal is to do the whole W and Q thing and not get any milage out of E, I don't see why I wouldn't just pick Sona every time.
Carrilord has arrived.
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 01:28:09
March 15 2013 01:27 GMT
#33
On March 15 2013 09:50 Slusher wrote:
I'm not trying to find ways to use Nami, so much as trying to find reasons to pick nami, if you just want poke that comes with heals she isn't better than Sona. And for the record I do agree that if your AD isn't halping with the harassment that you should opt to go with W, it's in the OP, I'm trying to state that your goal should be to stop at 2 points if the lane allows for it.

Like when I'm sitting in select and I look at the other team, if my goal is to do the whole W and Q thing and not get any milage out of E, I don't see why I wouldn't just pick Sona every time.



Because Q is an AoE stun and your ult is completely different purpose than Sona. You also have answers to all in's a lot better than sona pre 6. Your spells do a LOT of damage once they're max ranked.
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
March 15 2013 08:15 GMT
#34
On March 14 2013 23:24 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2013 01:06 Sponkz wrote:
On March 11 2013 23:37 Sufficiency wrote:
Mana Manipulator is a snowball item that you build when you are ahead.



No it isn't. If you're snowballing it's actually efficient to buy gp10 and then build into your aegis/locket/shard of true ice.


Why would you want so much mp5 anyways?


Not really. GP10 items are the least efficient when it comes to its bonuses. You get GP10 items when you are ahead because you can afford to, not because you want to snowball.



The bonus gold is what make gp10 worth it. Imagine a scenario, where you and your ad manages to kill both enemy laners really early (lvl 3-4), you get an xp advantage, you build your first gp10, congrats now you're ahead in experience and you generate more gold than the enemy support who most likely got stuck up buying 1 piece of his gp10 or nothing.
hi
Mondeezy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1938 Posts
March 15 2013 16:22 GMT
#35
I've almost always maxed W first, the only exception being a lane like Cait that harasses all day.

She feels in an ok place, with strong trading power, and her teamfight utility is pretty great. I've been trying to play her whenever I have to support, and part of me hopes someone will try her out at Dallas..
LoL NA: Mondeezy - TL - Riven <3
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
March 15 2013 17:24 GMT
#36
I start off maxing W, but if things are going well around rank 3 I'll start putting points in E. Going from a 15% slow to a 25% slow doesn't seem that impressive, but it's another 30-40 movement speed lost for your opponents (making Q and R a heck of a lot easier to land).
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
March 15 2013 18:44 GMT
#37
On March 15 2013 17:15 Sponkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2013 23:24 Sufficiency wrote:
On March 12 2013 01:06 Sponkz wrote:
On March 11 2013 23:37 Sufficiency wrote:
Mana Manipulator is a snowball item that you build when you are ahead.



No it isn't. If you're snowballing it's actually efficient to buy gp10 and then build into your aegis/locket/shard of true ice.


Why would you want so much mp5 anyways?


Not really. GP10 items are the least efficient when it comes to its bonuses. You get GP10 items when you are ahead because you can afford to, not because you want to snowball.



The bonus gold is what make gp10 worth it. Imagine a scenario, where you and your ad manages to kill both enemy laners really early (lvl 3-4), you get an xp advantage, you build your first gp10, congrats now you're ahead in experience and you generate more gold than the enemy support who most likely got stuck up buying 1 piece of his gp10 or nothing.


Sure, but you are not snowballing with GP10s. When you buy a GP10, you are investing gold into long-term income, that's definitely not snowballing.

To try to snowball you should be trying to build up items with real stats as quickly as possible.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Cheap0
Profile Joined July 2012
United States540 Posts
March 15 2013 19:11 GMT
#38
On March 16 2013 01:22 Mondeezy wrote:
I've almost always maxed W first, the only exception being a lane like Cait that harasses all day.

She feels in an ok place, with strong trading power, and her teamfight utility is pretty great. I've been trying to play her whenever I have to support, and part of me hopes someone will try her out at Dallas..


I'm kind of hoping the pros don't play her...yet. It's nice playing a champion that receives repeated micro-buffs every patch
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
March 15 2013 20:46 GMT
#39
Incidentally, gp10 is just so much less important now that sightstone exists.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
March 17 2013 03:16 GMT
#40
On March 16 2013 05:46 Juicyfruit wrote:
Incidentally, gp10 is just so much less important now that sightstone exists.


Frankly I consider sightstone to be a "GP10".
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1518
RotterdaM1002
TaKeTV 231
IndyStarCraft 210
SteadfastSC188
ZombieGrub104
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1518
RotterdaM 1002
MaxPax 235
SteadfastSC 212
IndyStarCraft 205
RuFF_SC2 130
ZombieGrub104
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2592
Shuttle 437
Mind 65
910 62
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1156
Fnx 704
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu891
Other Games
summit1g5058
Grubby2721
shahzam497
Beastyqt372
mouzStarbuck241
C9.Mang0208
ToD160
UpATreeSC54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV256
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 181
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 27
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2612
League of Legends
• TFBlade443
Other Games
• imaqtpie869
• Shiphtur335
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 27m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 27m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.