• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:20
CEST 19:20
KST 02:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11470 users

[Champion] Jayce - Page 6

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 14 Next All
Jumbled
Profile Joined September 2010
1543 Posts
August 29 2012 03:42 GMT
#101
On August 29 2012 12:31 sob3k wrote:
Would Fiora be a good counterpick? Big sustain, double gap closer, block his R attacks?

The only real strength I can see for Fiora in the match-up is that Jayce is fairly squishy early on for a top-laner, and hence her ult is a big threat.
bokeevboke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Singapore1674 Posts
August 29 2012 03:51 GMT
#102
I feel useless in late game, how should I build Jayce (tanky/dps?), what should I do in teamfights? Whenever I jump in I get blown up.
Its grack
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 29 2012 03:55 GMT
#103
On August 29 2012 12:51 bokeevboke wrote:
I feel useless in late game, how should I build Jayce (tanky/dps?), what should I do in teamfights? Whenever I jump in I get blown up.


The most effective way is to play as a poker and peel for your ADC. His initiation is pretty poor (then again, most top laners got no initiation), and his dive is merely mediocre because E knocks back and you probably don't want to follow that up by switching to cannon form in the middle of a team fight.

He can protect ADC so well though. Set up gate, poke with Q + W, switch to hammer form, Q W E... tons of damage and your ADC is super safe.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 04:00:45
August 29 2012 03:59 GMT
#104
Don't jump in early. Start the fight with poking with your ranged form Q, W. Assist your initiator (or help your team back off to wait for the right time to engage) using your ranged E. Don't get caught, you shouldn't be the #1 front line for your team - more like #2-3 tank - like an uncommonly tanky AD carry. While your W is up, a flat AD build or triforce build can shell out damage like a real AD carry, for a moment.
When the initiation starts, use your ranged shit first, then transform and either peel from your ADC with E or fuck someone up with QW. You don't want to be the first one in, but you're perfectly happy following an initiator (most junglers these days, or an AP or Support with AOECC like Diana/Leona/Zyra/Alistar) with QW. Your kit isn't the best to 1v1 an AD carry (you're no Irelia.) but if you have some help pinning someone down you put out the damage fast enough to focus down anyone you please.
bokeevboke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Singapore1674 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 11:34:01
August 29 2012 11:33 GMT
#105
On August 29 2012 12:59 sylverfyre wrote:
Don't jump in early. Start the fight with poking with your ranged form Q, W. Assist your initiator (or help your team back off to wait for the right time to engage) using your ranged E. Don't get caught, you shouldn't be the #1 front line for your team - more like #2-3 tank - like an uncommonly tanky AD carry. While your W is up, a flat AD build or triforce build can shell out damage like a real AD carry, for a moment.
When the initiation starts, use your ranged shit first, then transform and either peel from your ADC with E or fuck someone up with QW. You don't want to be the first one in, but you're perfectly happy following an initiator (most junglers these days, or an AP or Support with AOECC like Diana/Leona/Zyra/Alistar) with QW. Your kit isn't the best to 1v1 an AD carry (you're no Irelia.) but if you have some help pinning someone down you put out the damage fast enough to focus down anyone you please.


So, in teamfight, I stand aside and do my ranged stuff, then pop hummer mode and jump onto someone. I guess I have to warn my team that I'm not gonna be tanking.
Its grack
SHr3DD3r
Profile Joined March 2009
Pakistan2137 Posts
August 29 2012 12:01 GMT
#106
Well. I have been experimenting with him somewhat. And with the build I go I normally end up playing like an AD carry mid/late game when I am not getting jumped on or focused (ie. EQ poke and W then autoattack and If I see someone low nearby - go melee and use EQ again and shit).

2 dorans - CDR boots - Brut - BT/TF - TF/BT by this time the game is normally over - but I normally end up with GA.

I do have some variations if I need to be tankier etc. Like Shuelias instead of brut, and maybe FH, or even warmogs atmas.
Hit them hard! Hit them low! - Forever a Bisu Fan!~!
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 29 2012 13:29 GMT
#107
On August 29 2012 20:33 bokeevboke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2012 12:59 sylverfyre wrote:
Don't jump in early. Start the fight with poking with your ranged form Q, W. Assist your initiator (or help your team back off to wait for the right time to engage) using your ranged E. Don't get caught, you shouldn't be the #1 front line for your team - more like #2-3 tank - like an uncommonly tanky AD carry. While your W is up, a flat AD build or triforce build can shell out damage like a real AD carry, for a moment.
When the initiation starts, use your ranged shit first, then transform and either peel from your ADC with E or fuck someone up with QW. You don't want to be the first one in, but you're perfectly happy following an initiator (most junglers these days, or an AP or Support with AOECC like Diana/Leona/Zyra/Alistar) with QW. Your kit isn't the best to 1v1 an AD carry (you're no Irelia.) but if you have some help pinning someone down you put out the damage fast enough to focus down anyone you please.


So, in teamfight, I stand aside and do my ranged stuff, then pop hummer mode and jump onto someone. I guess I have to warn my team that I'm not gonna be tanking.

Yeah, Jayce isn't a front line beast. With single target + long CD on your only hard CC and not much innate tankiness you don't offer much as a front line fighter. The Armor/MR you get from hammer mode basically just makes up for what most other melee champs get as base stats, and none of your kit except the resists from hammer mode has anything to do with survivability at all.
TomatoShark
Profile Joined August 2011
United States288 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-31 14:18:25
August 31 2012 08:57 GMT
#108
using tri bt ga build then either wits or frozen hear or maw . starting boots pots x2 doran or doran and hex depending on lane phage -> - tri either ga or bt then etc
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 07:30:17
September 03 2012 23:01 GMT
#109
Whoever said high sustain champs are bad for Jayce is a big fat liar. Sustain champs+jungler camping him... maybe.

I don't think Nidalee, Renekton, or Yorick can do enough to boot Jayce out of lane fast enough. As long as you don't try to kill them, they're not going to kill you.

Irelia is about the only pick that can probably bully him, if you blade surge to a creep and then blade surge to him if he boots you away.

Edit: After playing some more games, Garen can beat Jayce's face in... thereotically Jayce can boot away Garen before he silences you, but sometimes you screw up and if you get low enough, he can just flash, silence, judgement, and ult you for an easy kill.
Offhand
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1869 Posts
September 12 2012 00:02 GMT
#110
Gonna disagree about Yorick and Garen. Yorick I think is a fairly good pick vs Jayce as he can whittle down Jayce hard early before he gets any kind of sustain, plus blocking Q with a ghoul is OP. Garen, on the other hand, I feel like I can dance circles around him on Jayce.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
September 12 2012 00:29 GMT
#111
Not sure what you have been playing, but Yorick and Nidalee are brutal match up for Jayce... because they got ranged harass and they got sustain.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-12 03:20:50
September 12 2012 03:20 GMT
#112
I haven't really had problems with either Yorick or Nidalee. Worst case scenario get vamp quints and you should be able to survive (but I haven't needed them against either). I go 19/11/0 masteries (picking up both magic and armor penetration), flat AD marks/quints, armor seals, scaling mr glyphs.. Probably sounds dumb, but if you start a dorans blade against Yorick he's generally going to run out of mana before he wears you down (yeah yeah, asking to get ganked... play passively. it's better than getting knocked out of lane super early). Stack a few dorans and then work on resists a bit before getting other damage items.

Nidalee is slightly more annoying, but it's definitely doable. Not saying they're easy matchups, and you're probably not going to kill either of them by yourself, but I don't feel like they can kill you either if you play the matchup well.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 12 2012 03:53 GMT
#113
On September 12 2012 12:20 zer0das wrote:
I haven't really had problems with either Yorick or Nidalee. Worst case scenario get vamp quints and you should be able to survive (but I haven't needed them against either). I go 19/11/0 masteries (picking up both magic and armor penetration), flat AD marks/quints, armor seals, scaling mr glyphs.. Probably sounds dumb, but if you start a dorans blade against Yorick he's generally going to run out of mana before he wears you down (yeah yeah, asking to get ganked... play passively. it's better than getting knocked out of lane super early). Stack a few dorans and then work on resists a bit before getting other damage items.

Nidalee is slightly more annoying, but it's definitely doable. Not saying they're easy matchups, and you're probably not going to kill either of them by yourself, but I don't feel like they can kill you either if you play the matchup well.

Well, when I say "bad matchups", I just mean "matchups that turn into farm lanes because they can't really stop you". I don't think Jayce has any lanes where he straight up loses... maybe Riven?
It's your boy Guzma!
JALbert
Profile Joined March 2011
United States484 Posts
September 12 2012 08:50 GMT
#114
On September 12 2012 12:53 Requizen wrote:
Well, when I say "bad matchups", I just mean "matchups that turn into farm lanes because they can't really stop you". I don't think Jayce has any lanes where he straight up loses... maybe Riven?


I've only played against Jayce as Riven once, but I couldn't get anything started for the life of me. He maxed E and just hammered me out if I burned my skills to get close. If there's a way to beat Jayce with Riven I'm all ears, but it seemed a pretty hard match for her with his spacing control.
Stealing Nashor Podcast - http://stealingnashor.libsyn.com | Stupid build enthusiast
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-15 20:34:50
September 15 2012 20:32 GMT
#115
On September 12 2012 17:50 JALbert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 12:53 Requizen wrote:
Well, when I say "bad matchups", I just mean "matchups that turn into farm lanes because they can't really stop you". I don't think Jayce has any lanes where he straight up loses... maybe Riven?


I've only played against Jayce as Riven once, but I couldn't get anything started for the life of me. He maxed E and just hammered me out if I burned my skills to get close. If there's a way to beat Jayce with Riven I'm all ears, but it seemed a pretty hard match for her with his spacing control.

I only had this matchup once as Riven aswell. I feel it's like Riven vs. Shen, you're not going to kill him so just turn it into a farm lane. In the end Riven has a bigger late game presence, it seems, so she looks like a safe pick against him.

EDIT: Can I couch this statement any more? Before the original version I had two more conditional phrases in it. XD
Bladeorade
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1898 Posts
September 15 2012 20:39 GMT
#116
Riven does not have a bigger late game presence than an AD carry
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
September 15 2012 20:52 GMT
#117
And her passive's never gonna make up for his W when bursting or killing a tower. Ask Smash when he feels like splitpushing, that's fearsome. o_o
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
September 15 2012 21:48 GMT
#118
On September 12 2012 17:50 JALbert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2012 12:53 Requizen wrote:
Well, when I say "bad matchups", I just mean "matchups that turn into farm lanes because they can't really stop you". I don't think Jayce has any lanes where he straight up loses... maybe Riven?


I've only played against Jayce as Riven once, but I couldn't get anything started for the life of me. He maxed E and just hammered me out if I burned my skills to get close. If there's a way to beat Jayce with Riven I'm all ears, but it seemed a pretty hard match for her with his spacing control.

Ive played it a couple times, you completely shit on her the entire lane phase. Her stun -> dash wont do shit, when you get unstunned Q E(cause we know e's a balanced skill) then you could shift to cannon and w her or something but usually q->e hammer is enough. Lategame you just do so much more.

tldr spam autoattacks and q e at later ranks -> free win
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-15 22:58:49
September 15 2012 22:58 GMT
#119
On September 16 2012 05:39 Bladeorade wrote:
Riven does not have a bigger late game presence than an AD carry

And I don't consider Jayce an ADC so...
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
September 16 2012 00:08 GMT
#120
On September 12 2012 12:20 zer0das wrote:
I haven't really had problems with either Yorick or Nidalee. Worst case scenario get vamp quints and you should be able to survive (but I haven't needed them against either). I go 19/11/0 masteries (picking up both magic and armor penetration), flat AD marks/quints, armor seals, scaling mr glyphs.. Probably sounds dumb, but if you start a dorans blade against Yorick he's generally going to run out of mana before he wears you down (yeah yeah, asking to get ganked... play passively. it's better than getting knocked out of lane super early). Stack a few dorans and then work on resists a bit before getting other damage items.

Nidalee is slightly more annoying, but it's definitely doable. Not saying they're easy matchups, and you're probably not going to kill either of them by yourself, but I don't feel like they can kill you either if you play the matchup well.


This just...what?

Why would you get a Doran's if you plan to play passively? That just makes no sense at all.
wat
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 590
UpATreeSC 131
MindelVK 10
ProTech4
JuggernautJason1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35065
Calm 3507
Shuttle 1356
FanTaSy 927
actioN 337
EffOrt 278
Rush 185
firebathero 184
Hyuk 135
Dewaltoss 100
[ Show more ]
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 61
Barracks 57
Hyun 34
Aegong 25
Bale 25
Free 23
soO 23
HiyA 22
PianO 20
Shine 14
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8017
Dendi1066
XaKoH 288
Fuzer 68
League of Legends
KnowMe66
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1392
fl0m494
x6flipin430
Other Games
singsing2281
FrodaN1168
Beastyqt674
mouzStarbuck334
B2W.Neo284
byalli196
Livibee190
C9.Mang0165
RotterdaM98
Trikslyr69
Mew2King60
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV437
Other Games
• Shiphtur923
• imaqtpie265
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 55m
Replay Cast
5h 40m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.