• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:51
CEST 06:51
KST 13:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7666 users

[Champion] Master Yi - Page 14

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 20 Next All
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
August 01 2013 16:45 GMT
#261
I tried it in the past by rushing it on old yi and it took forever to build into manamune after which point it was ok. Then it took another forever to turn into muramana. I just don't stack fast enough on jungle yi.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Kontossis
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada256 Posts
August 01 2013 17:19 GMT
#262
Pretty much, it seems to be most effective for Yi to build just like a regular AD carry except building 1-2 more defensive items being a melee carry and all, and compensating through immense scaling. Youmu's is solid for early-mid game, and if you're going jungle, getting Wriggles + Ghostblade makes him a very dangerous mid game threat. BotRK is surprising good due to the increased attack speed energizing with his E on hit true damage and chasing/running. Zephyr replaces boots late game, and I would imagine a late game Yi with BotRK, IE, PD, Zephyr, GA and Scimitar would be near unstoppable doing 1000 + Alpha Strike crits and similar damage autos with 2.5 attack speed, gaining 600+ MS with BotRK and the Scimitar's melee only bonus MS to its cleanse.
Nom nom nom...
Jek
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark2771 Posts
August 01 2013 17:28 GMT
#263
On August 02 2013 01:45 obesechicken13 wrote:
I tried it in the past by rushing it on old yi and it took forever to build into manamune after which point it was ok. Then it took another forever to turn into muramana. I just don't stack fast enough on jungle yi.

Just tried in a custom game to see just how fast I could max out the stacks. I managed to do it at 22 minutes using only Zephyr as a CDR item and taking no blues. Granted this was without any enemies to delay it, I think it should be possible to do within reasonable time if one acquire an additional CDR item outside of Zephyr - Spirit Visage as someone mentioned earlier? - or maybe upgrading it to Muramana earlier.

Triggering E everytime it was off CD and using Meditate whenever I could helped tremendously in regards to the stacking speed. For some reason E and W does not always show up as triggered on Tear, but they do in fact add a stack. The new Q's reduction made it far faster than old Yi, especially since with Tear you can use it whenever it's off CD without going oom.

I sadly wont have time to play more games the next few days, but when I do I'll try to report back in regards how a Tear build works out on him -- unless of course someone else already has tried it by then.

I'll definetely use Tear instead of Doran's Ring should I play him again (yeah, I started with it the two times I played him to spam Q and use Meditate as much as possible).
It's Elo not ELO - Every statiscian playing League
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
August 01 2013 18:02 GMT
#264
I'm still toying with items for Jungle Yi, but currently my thought process is: Lizard Elder, Ghostblade, Zerker Greaves, BT, Zephyr, Frozen Heart, selling Lizard Elder for IE.
chalice
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1945 Posts
August 01 2013 19:33 GMT
#265
On August 02 2013 01:40 Jek wrote:
Personally I don't understand why you'd want Hydra over something else? His clear is already insane thanks to his kit.


why wouldn't you want hydra? the only comparable AD items are bt and ie, and both have more awkward build ups and do nothing to help clear waves in between alpha strike cooldowns when you literally can't do anything but auto attack a single creep at a time.

if you die occasionally and ur BT isn't fully stacked all of the time i'm not sure what advantages it gives you over hydra and as amazing as it would be to just rush IE every game, i'm pretty sure the overall cost and time spent with uncompleted parts makes that impractical.
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 13:55:51
August 01 2013 19:36 GMT
#266
Personally I think Manamune is a bit of a dead end item on Yi. He doesn't really need the mana pool prior to it changing into a Muramana, and his auto speed is fast enough you're going to drain your mana extremely quickly without blue buff once it has transformed. It does offer somewhat interesting burst with double strike procing awe twice, but given how much Yi loves offensive stats and CDR, I don't think it offers enough.

I think Yi is a rare case of a melee champion where Bloodthirster is probably better than Hydra. The extra AD and lifesteal when fully stacked make much more of a difference because Yi autos a lot more than your typical bruiser AD champion. 10 seconds on hydra active is huge on someone like Lee or Renekton because their damage is tied to their abilities (burst) so heavily, but with Yi it's not impossible to get off 10-15 autos in the same time frame, so every bit of extra AD and lifesteal matters. Sure you lose stacks, but you can acquire those again with a little work before the next fight.

I'm thinking something like zerkers/BT/ghostblade/zephyr/guardian angel/situational 6th item (IE/last whisper/randuins, banshee's veil/frozen mallet depending on the situation) would be pretty strong.I think it provides a decent mix of offensive power with defense.
-Zoda-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
France3578 Posts
August 01 2013 19:38 GMT
#267
Muramana procs on his Q actually ? Seems hard to know since it hits multiple targets.
♪ 最初はi つなぐdo それ つまりlife 常に移動 ♪ - IGN: Uhryks
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
August 01 2013 19:39 GMT
#268
On August 02 2013 04:38 -Zoda- wrote:
Muramana procs on his Q actually ? Seems hard to know since it hits multiple targets.

I don't see why it would. It only works on on-hits, which Q doesn't apply.
It's your boy Guzma!
Magus
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
August 02 2013 00:01 GMT
#269
For maximum troll assassination potential:
Alpha strike onto a target, activate Bork + Hydra, activate Ghostblade, auto attack with a Shiv.

I had a Yi do this to me in a smurf game before the remake. Melted in about 0.5 seconds. Now he has true damage...
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
August 02 2013 01:19 GMT
#270
Wait so is he really good as a bruisy-AD sort of character now?
kiss kiss fall in love
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
August 02 2013 08:03 GMT
#271
so do yi's CD's get reset always when he gets a kill, even when its on CD? Also, 'reduced by half for assists' does that mean if Q is on CD with 4 seconds left it goes to 0 seconds or 2 seconds?
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
August 02 2013 08:14 GMT
#272
On August 02 2013 17:03 Complete wrote:
so do yi's CD's get reset always when he gets a kill, even when its on CD? Also, 'reduced by half for assists' does that mean if Q is on CD with 4 seconds left it goes to 0 seconds or 2 seconds?


It means the reduction amount is reduced by half(like 18 base to 9 or something like that?). If you have enough CDR, that point is moot, and you always reset when somebody dies.

Yi is really, really strong right now. I actually think he's stronger than irelia in a midgame, and probably easier to farm up with alpha being so good. The true damage steroid in combination with ghostblade and ultimate just makes him truck squishies, and true damage steroid allows him to deal respectable damage even to tanks.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Jek
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark2771 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 11:33:25
August 02 2013 11:32 GMT
#273
On August 02 2013 04:33 chalice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2013 01:40 Jek wrote:
Personally I don't understand why you'd want Hydra over something else? His clear is already insane thanks to his kit.


why wouldn't you want hydra? the only comparable AD items are bt and ie, and both have more awkward build ups and do nothing to help clear waves in between alpha strike cooldowns when you literally can't do anything but auto attack a single creep at a time.

if you die occasionally and ur BT isn't fully stacked all of the time i'm not sure what advantages it gives you over hydra and as amazing as it would be to just rush IE every game, i'm pretty sure the overall cost and time spent with uncompleted parts makes that impractical.

I can see your point, but Alpha really fast one shoot the caster minions and make one of the melee low enough for a single hit KO leaving only two creeps left - at which point Hydra seems overkill; Hydra do however look interesting in teamfights where you can Alpha in and then wail away with AoE autos.

Personally I don't feel like I need more Life Steal than my 3 Quints. I rush Zephyr's, and I think for a secondary offensive item Last Whisper or Ghostblade would be better. From my experience Yi's damage is plenty high without a ton of AD from items at least if you go for the AS/CDR route.

On August 02 2013 10:19 IntoTheheart wrote:
Wait so is he really good as a bruisy-AD sort of character now?

I just come from a game where I went bruiserish. Tabi/Zephyr/Sunfire/Spirit Visage/BT (wanted Tabis vs my lane opponent - Irelia - and they had Xin jungle). In retrospect I think Tabi/Zephyr/Randuin/Spirit Visage/Ghostblade would have been much better. It worked out really well, tanky enough to not get blown up and high enough damage to kill squishies fast if they don't spend CC on me.
- Cait did end up hard carry us, so it's hard to say how it would have worked out in an equal game.

----

On Muramana: The lack of basically infinite mana hurt splitpushing power as Alpha Strike mana cost is quite taxing if you spam it, it was still possible but having to actually look at mana from time to time was anoying.
- Lacking the active in lategame did hurt a bit too.
It's Elo not ELO - Every statiscian playing League
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
August 02 2013 13:36 GMT
#274
@Jek: You wouldn't need to worry about mana from Alphas if you used Hydra as your AoE clearing instead

I don't know about bruiser Yi yet. I have only seen one, and it was pretty bad. Sadly, I only got to play one Yi game last night, so sad.
It's your boy Guzma!
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 13:50:04
August 02 2013 13:49 GMT
#275
i dont know about bruiser yi, but if you leave ad yi unstunned for like 2 seconds, someone is gonna die.


at least in low elo he will be a problem.
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 17:25:03
August 02 2013 14:56 GMT
#276
After jungling Yi in a ranked game, here are my thoughts: overall his clear time is much, much better than it used to be, especially with madreds. And his ganks feel stronger because it's easier to stay trained on a target since alpha strike comes back so quickly when you're autoing. Previously, a lot of those kills would just walk away. Building AD on him early is a lot better than it used to be coming from the jungle, since he excels at ripping apart individual/fleeing targets. That's a major plus.

Downsides: the meditation % damage resist means once you go in, you have to be 100% committed because there's very few situations where it will save you now. This is pretty much what I expected. This is a pretty big deal in teamfights, since it used to be a lot more effective, and you could get multiple resets so once you got the reset train going, you could be almost unkillable. It is a bit noticeable in ganks, but since alpha comes back so much more quickly, its not as bad as I thought it would be. I think this means GA is pretty close to mandatory on him now (and maybe a Frozen Mallet or Warmogs on top of that).

Upsides: If you don't waste your first set of double buffs, its easy to rack up kills and have a massive influence early game. Much easier to build damage on Yi early. Wrecks dragon/towers/baron while ulting like you wouldn't believe.

I think madred's razor/zerkers/bloodthirster/ghostblade/GA/Zephyr/Frozen Mallet would be quite good on him. Sell the madreds when you need space. Though madreds is probably unnecessary and just slows down item progression... I'll have to think about that one.

Also some other observations: double strike counts as a normal auto when it comes to resetting alpha strike. Also, apparently I was wrong and it also double procs the true damage on the active part of Wuju.
Jek
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark2771 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 18:43:28
August 02 2013 18:42 GMT
#277
On August 02 2013 22:36 Requizen wrote:
@Jek: You wouldn't need to worry about mana from Alphas if you used Hydra as your AoE clearing instead

I don't know about bruiser Yi yet. I have only seen one, and it was pretty bad. Sadly, I only got to play one Yi game last night, so sad.

Haha. I suppose that's true.

My primarily issue with Hydra is it's build route and at what timing you'd actually want it. I consider Zephyr's (at least with LS quints) to be the most important item to gain as fast as possible on him. At which point your opponent is capable of putting out a significant damage of his own - I like to buy a defensive item, Kindlegem for instance, at this point. But this might just be due to being much more familiar with playing support; I'm not very good at calling when to be ballish with non-supports.

If you're getting Hydra for the AoE clearing, you might as well get a Tear instead it only costs 700 vs. the 1900 of Tiamat and I honestly don't think the different in clear speed AoE autos vs having basically free Alpha Strikes are worth the trade off considering just how strong Muramana becomes against single targets thanks to it's active later on.
It's Elo not ELO - Every statiscian playing League
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
August 02 2013 19:13 GMT
#278
ye I just go madreds->zerkers->bork->ie->pd->randuins->GA->zephyr->pots

the sad part is, in 2 of 3 games played I've actually been able to afford full build ;/
Ghost-z
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1291 Posts
August 02 2013 20:31 GMT
#279
Fratmogs would be my go to build for bruiser Yi. He can actually use the AD and crit stats while being tanky enough to survive for every reset.
Fairy Tales when you're a child begin with "Once upon a time" and when you're an adult begin, "If elected I promise..."
JeosAdn
Profile Joined September 2011
Costa Rica432 Posts
August 03 2013 19:58 GMT
#280
I've been playing quite a bit of jungle yi, and hydra+shiv feels like enough damage to stay relevant. With tanky items for everything else (spirit visage is awesome for w + aoe lifesteal, and randuins) you are a damage threat, can stay alive in teamfights, and bait people super hard with w after cc is spent in the fight.

Of course, maybe I've been getting crazy fed lately, and this is a bit unrealistic on a jungler's budget...
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 536
Hyuk 451
Leta 77
NaDa 44
TT1 20
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm255
League of Legends
JimRising 748
Other Games
summit1g9968
WinterStarcraft466
Mew2King96
ViBE76
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1046
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2174
League of Legends
• Rush1254
• Lourlo1094
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 10m
INu's Battles
7h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 10m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 10m
Replay Cast
18h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.